convert Publisher document to Word

I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them
to a Word document so I and type a different name on each
tag.  I did it once and can't remember how - have tried
saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only
saves the text, not the formatting. Help!
0
pkrantz (1)

Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them
|| to a Word document so I and type a different name on each
|| tag.  I did it once and can't remember how - have tried
|| saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only
|| saves the text, not the formatting. Help!

Microsoft Publisher will ONLY save text when converting to a Word file. You
would need to copy/paste your contents from Publisher into Word in order to
retain the formatting and pictures/objects. Otherwise, if you use the Edit
Story in Word feature in the Edit menu of Publisher which retains objects
and formatting.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)

How to stop document map pane automatically formatting?
For some obscure reason I am suddenly getting a document map pane appearing on all my documents - old and new. (I've obviously formatted it in somehow.) I do not want to see this. I can remove the pane manually but when the saved document is re-opened the pane has re-appeared. It is also on any files I send by email. Hi Michele, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. If this is a Word question, I suggest reposting your question to the newsgroup below: http://www.microsoft.com/...

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

Error in Excel 03: "Cannot cut part of a publisher." Help
I keep getting the following error message when I cut and try to paste anything in an Excel 2003 Spreadsheet- "Cannot cut part of a publisher." What is this message and what do I need to do to cut and paste in this document. ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Can you rotate a letterhead in publisher into landscape view?
I found a letterhead in publisher that has a boarder I would like to use on a brochure cover. Is it possible to rotate a letter head into landscape view so that I can apply my text? Have you tried? What version Publisher are you using? Open a new instance of Publisher, create the letterhead from the wizard, select the object you want to rotate, on the arrange menu select the rotation, copy and paste the results into the brochure publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Claremore Irish" <Claremore...

Set Publisher to a booklet
I am changing a letter sized pub (2007) of 10 pages from a 8 1/2 X 11 letter sized to a booklet 11 x 17. I did what is explained at this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP102116721033.aspx?pid=CH100487781033, including setting the margins to match the original pub. However when complete the process changes the master pages. The original masters are a single A and a single B page. The new master turns the A page into a double page. Additionally the footers on both masters are moved above the lower margin and reduced in length. I need to perform this procedure monthl...

Numbers converting to decimal

Make Microsoft Publisher for MACs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ublueyes" <Ublueyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F051BBD0-0EFA-4812-9D8B-89025D70EF47@microsoft.com... > I can't make Microsoft Publisher for Macs, as I can't code for Macs and I don't have the copyrights to Publisher. Try Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac - Microsoft Publisher will, according to those who have tried it, run under VPC, although it is not ...

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money