convert a Publisher file to a Corel Draw format

I want to know if it's possible to convert a .pub file
format to a Corel Draw .cdr format.
0
allsoft (1)

Dorin,

No.

Mike

Dorin wrote:
> I want to know if it's possible to convert a .pub file
> format to a Corel Draw .cdr format.

0
wordwiz (948)
8/21/2004 4:12:09 AM
I have both these products, the new version of Corel is Office friendly, you can do
the copy/paste and then save it as a .cdr file. There is no way you will retain
formatting, but the images remain vectors if they were vectors in the first place. If
you copy/paste text, the text will default to what ever is default in Corel. You can
paste the text as an image, it will retain its format.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:4126CB99.7080301@fuse.net...
> Dorin,
>
> No.
>
> Mike
>
> Dorin wrote:
>> I want to know if it's possible to convert a .pub file format to a Corel Draw .cdr
>> format.

0
gsauer (5094)
8/21/2004 8:51:37 AM
Are you on version 12 Mary?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have both these products, the new version of Corel is Office friendly,
you can do
> the copy/paste and then save it as a .cdr file. There is no way you will
retain
> formatting, but the images remain vectors if they were vectors in the
first place. If
> you copy/paste text, the text will default to what ever is default in
Corel. You can
> paste the text as an image, it will retain its format.
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> > Dorin,
> >
> > No.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > Dorin wrote:
> >> I want to know if it's possible to convert a .pub file format to a
Corel Draw .cdr
> >> format.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/21/2004 1:14:03 PM
Yes I have version 12. It is for more stable than 10, I skipped 11, however the
copy/paste to Publisher always brings up Corel's error sending dialog, never does the
other way, i e Publisher to Corel.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Are you on version 12 Mary?
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I have both these products, the new version of Corel is Office friendly,
> you can do
>> the copy/paste and then save it as a .cdr file. There is no way you will
> retain
>> formatting, but the images remain vectors if they were vectors in the
> first place. If
>> you copy/paste text, the text will default to what ever is default in
> Corel. You can
>> paste the text as an image, it will retain its format.
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
>> > Dorin,
>> >
>> > No.
>> >
>> > Mike

> Corel Draw .cdr

0
gsauer (5094)
8/21/2004 1:37:56 PM
I have Corel 11. Are you noticing any UI improvements over 10?

--

> Yes I have version 12. It is for more stable than 10, I skipped 11,
however the
> copy/paste to Publisher always brings up Corel's error sending dialog,
never does the
> other way, i e Publisher to Corel.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in
message
> > Are you on version 12 Mary?
> > --
> > Brian Kvalheim
> > Microsoft Publisher MVP
> > http://www.publishermvps.com
> > ~pay it forward~
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> I have both these products, the new version of Corel is Office
friendly,
> > you can do
> >> the copy/paste and then save it as a .cdr file. There is no way you
will
> > retain
> >> formatting, but the images remain vectors if they were vectors in the
> > first place. If
> >> you copy/paste text, the text will default to what ever is default in
> > Corel. You can
> >> paste the text as an image, it will retain its format.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> >> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message

> > Corel Draw .cdr

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/21/2004 6:32:31 PM
I was watching the online demo and the shape recognition looks AWESOME!

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.publishermvps.com
~pay it forward~

confers no rights.
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Yes I have version 12. It is for more stable than 10, I skipped 11,
however the
> copy/paste to Publisher always brings up Corel's error sending dialog,
never does the
> other way, i e Publisher to Corel.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in
message
> > Are you on version 12 Mary?
> > --
> > Brian Kvalheim
> > Microsoft Publisher MVP
> > http://www.publishermvps.com
> > ~pay it forward~
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> I have both these products, the new version of Corel is Office
friendly,
> > you can do
> >> the copy/paste and then save it as a .cdr file. There is no way you
will
> > retain
> >> formatting, but the images remain vectors if they were vectors in the
> > first place. If
> >> you copy/paste text, the text will default to what ever is default in
> > Corel. You can
> >> paste the text as an image, it will retain its format.
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> >> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message

> > Corel Draw .cdr

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/21/2004 6:44:00 PM
The tool is awesome. Version 10 was okay, but no matter what I did I could not get
the view to behave up close. It wasn't video driver problems, it was version 10...
Half the screen would disappear, I would have to back out and back in again. Version
12 is so superior. Version 5 was and still is a good application. When I think of all
the money I have spent on this stuff... We've never gotten rid of any of our
software. What ever will I do with Windows 3.1?!! Or old dos games? Or Publisher 1.0?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I was watching the online demo and the shape recognition looks AWESOME!
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Yes I have version 12. It is for more stable than 10, I skipped 11,
> however the
>> copy/paste to Publisher always brings up Corel's error sending dialog,
> never does the
>> other way, i e Publisher to Corel.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>> "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in
> message
>> > Are you on version 12 Mary?
>> > --
>> > Brian Kvalheim
>> > Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> > http://www.publishermvps.com
>> > ~pay it forward~
>> >
>> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> > confers no rights.
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> friendly,
>> > you can do
> will
>> > retain
>> > first place. If
>> > Corel. You can

>> > Corel Draw .cdr

0
gsauer (5094)
8/21/2004 6:54:59 PM
Keep it! Don't throw it! Especially Publisher 1.0.

I was watching more of the demo. The smart import cursor that remembers
multiple selected photos for importing and choosing locations is AWESOME
too. I NEED this app!

--

> The tool is awesome. Version 10 was okay, but no matter what I did I could
not get
> the view to behave up close. It wasn't video driver problems, it was
version 10...
> Half the screen would disappear, I would have to back out and back in
again. Version
> 12 is so superior. Version 5 was and still is a good application. When I
think of all
> the money I have spent on this stuff... We've never gotten rid of any of
our
> software. What ever will I do with Windows 3.1?!! Or old dos games? Or
Publisher 1.0?

> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in
message
> >I was watching the online demo and the shape recognition looks AWESOME!
> >
> > --
> > Brian Kvalheim
> > Microsoft Publisher MVP
> > http://www.publishermvps.com
> > ~pay it forward~
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> > confers no rights.
> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> Yes I have version 12. It is for more stable than 10, I skipped 11,
> > however the
> >> copy/paste to Publisher always brings up Corel's error sending dialog,
> > never does the
> >> other way, i e Publisher to Corel.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> >> "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in
> > message

> > friendly,
> > will

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Error in Excel 03: "Cannot cut part of a publisher." Help
I keep getting the following error message when I cut and try to paste anything in an Excel 2003 Spreadsheet- "Cannot cut part of a publisher." What is this message and what do I need to do to cut and paste in this document. ...

Reading Publisher file after burning to CD
After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher cannot find that file. ...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

drawing graph of function
How can I draw a graph of a function without first making a table? S can I make a graph by just giving the function -- wim rademaker ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wim rademakers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3013 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49831 wim rademakers wrote: > How can I draw a graph of a function without first making a table? So > can I make a graph by just giving the function? > > ------------ Make a table. Bill Hi, Hi are a few exam...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

Cell Formats (like StyleSheets)

Attach file vs insert file
I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the file into the body of the email. Any suggestions? TOP wrote: > I have a user who is trying to attach a file to an email (Exchange 2003 SP2, > Outlook 2003) using the paperclip icon. Instead of attaching to the email > (adding an Attach: line under the Subject line) Outlook is inserting the > file into the body of the email. > > Any suggestions?...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Publisher v2.0 #2
I have an old HP PC (Windows 98) and trying to save old Publisher v2.0 documents (kids school work,etc.) prior to getting rid of the computer. Was able to save files to a CD. Installed Publisher 2007 to my new HP (Windows Vista). When I try to open the saved files on the new PC, I get "unable to open files because created with an older version no longer supported (or something like that.) What can I do to open the files in my new computer? Still have the installation discs for Publisher v2.0, but my new computer does not have a floppy disc drive. What can I do? Thanks. "...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert