I apologize for using the "General Questions" forum, but the Web Design area
doesn't seem to get much response to questions (as I have previously posted
there), and this area does and I could really use the help.

Here are the steps I've gone through.
I created a site in Publisher.
I have acquired Yahoo as my web hosting provider.
I attempted to upload my files the way Yahoo, and many other "help" sites
say, by using Publish to Web, but kept getting firewall errors.
Therefore I installed SmartFTP and uploaded my .pub file successfully.
Then I realized I can't use a .pub file! (DUH)
So, I saved my .pub as a web site, and then re-uploaded successfully.

So far, so good, and it only took me an hour!!!

Now the next trick.  I renamed my file on Yahoo index.htm and then I viewed
my website.  The first page came up with the exception of an image.
I click the link I set up that says "Enter site" and I get an HTTP 404 error.

What am I doing wrong?  Why can't I get to the other pages?  When I preview
the site while working on it in Publisher, all the links and images work.
What am I missing?

I'm new to this and could really use the help to get my website up and
running...or at least up!

Thank you!
0
Abi (19)

Not to be mean but... you need to learn patience. Read
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm . If you need real time support when you
want it you should call Microsoft Support. (you get what you pay for).
Refer back to the original post in the appropriate group. Follow-up with
that thread.
--
David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com

"Abi" wrote:

> I apologize for using the "General Questions" forum, but the Web Design area
> doesn't seem to get much response to questions (as I have previously posted
> there), and this area does and I could really use the help.
>
> Here are the steps I've gone through.
> I created a site in Publisher.
> I have acquired Yahoo as my web hosting provider.
> I attempted to upload my files the way Yahoo, and many other "help" sites
> say, by using Publish to Web, but kept getting firewall errors.
> Therefore I installed SmartFTP and uploaded my .pub file successfully.
> Then I realized I can't use a .pub file! (DUH)
> So, I saved my .pub as a web site, and then re-uploaded successfully.
>
> So far, so good, and it only took me an hour!!!
>
> Now the next trick.  I renamed my file on Yahoo index.htm and then I viewed
> my website.  The first page came up with the exception of an image.
> I click the link I set up that says "Enter site" and I get an HTTP 404 error.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Why can't I get to the other pages?  When I preview
> the site while working on it in Publisher, all the links and images work.
> What am I missing?
>
> I'm new to this and could really use the help to get my website up and
> running...or at least up!
>
> Thank you!

Publisher 2000 Problem
I've had & used Publisher for years & think it's great but I just ran accross a problem I'vr never heard of before....Everytime I go into a publisher file or Publisher itself my computer shuts down & restarts ....Any help anyone can give me would be great. Thank you so much Open the file in safe mode, if it works then you need to upgrade your printer driver. Publisher is critical about printers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill LeClair" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

I cant use Microsoft home publishing because
Hi, Can anyone help me with this? every time I start up Microsoft publisher it comes up with the following This program has performed an illegal operation, the details are: HPUB caused an invalid page fault in module ITSS.DLL at 017f:5d48e438. I am running windows 98 and used to use this programme with no problems, I have uninstalled and re-installed but still no joy. HELP ME PLEASE! Please crawl or waddle over to the little kiddies group PictureIt where they supply support for that program. This newsgroup is for big people who use MS Publisher. When you become a big girl you can ask ...

IE8 & connection problems with internal network web app
I am testing our network web apps with IE8, and only one is coming up with "Cannot display the webpage" message, and a diagnosis tool. The server is listed in our DNS server, I have 2 other apps on that server that don't give me this error. When I click "Diagnose Connection Problems", the web app suddenly works, even though I have the diagnosis tool still running and not having done anything. Environment: WinXP SP2, IE8, group policy manages some IE settings, web app written in asp.net (unsure of version yet, can't reach developer to confirm). H...

Publishing to the Web
Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around effectively within the site. How can I correct this? -- Have a Blessed Day! Cyn cyn42567 wrote: > Once I publish my website to our site.....people who do not use Internet > Explorer to view the site....cannot see some things or manuever around > effectively within the site. How can I correct this? By using a real webdesign program rather than a DTP program. If you don't have FrontPage or Expression Web and can't afford to get...

Is Publisher 2002 files compatible with Publisher 2003
I use to work in Publisher 2002 and got files saved in that format. I'm contanplating to by Publisher 2003 but I'm not sure if I will be able to open my files again. Can anyone help me with this? Publisher 2003 is fully compatible with Publisher 2002. In fact 2002 can open 2003 documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "samsui" <samsui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FC88518-D3DB-4FDB-A664-08E82FCAD047@microsoft.com... >I use to work in Publisher 2002 and got files save...

Open Publisher files in Publisher 2000, ver 6.00 that were created
Open Publisher files created in Publisher 2000, ver 6.00 when Publisher 2000, ver 6.00 has suddenly decided that it can't open files from an older version when the only version I have ever had and used is Publisher 2000, ver 6.00. What's it playing at and how do I ger round it? -- Oldsteve, Silver Surfer. Look at the threads you started June 30. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Oldsteve" <Steve@scarborough.net> wrote in message news:17B2D84A-1244-4F6A-A5AC-1E52FC3C7351@microsoft.com... > ...

i am so confused
As of day before yesterday, i was recieving and sending mail like i should, but now it says my username and/or password are inncorrect, and they are stored in the com, and my phone. i retyped them, and it says the same thing??? i just tried again, and it said the following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com (1)', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Pleas help.... anyone!!!!! i am lost without my e-mail!! Your settings look ...

Web Page Dialog fields
Q1. When I Cancel the Order (or close the Opportunity), the Web Page Dialog pops up. This dialog has a "Description" field. Where is this information stored? I cancelled an Order, enetered the description, but could not locate it anywhere on the form. I also checked the FilteredSalesOrder view in database and it is not there either. I wanted to include this information in an e-mail generated by workflow rule on order status change. Q2 The same web page dialog box (Cancel order) has Status reason which has only one drop down option "No Money". However, the attribute st...

Microsoft Publisher 2000
My computer crashed and since I had it fixed and tried to install MP2000 I was unable because of the CD Key Code, is there anything that can be done to use this product again? Thank You You will have to contact your local MS Office for a new key code. If this product came bundled with your computer you will have to contact the vendor of your computer. ...

Uninstalling Publisher
I have uninstalled publisher 2002, and i am now looking for a way to free up the 399MB of HD space that publisher used. How do I do this? Do a defrag "John Marmolejo" <Daphatom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:052201c3ab0c$e6b25530$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have uninstalled publisher 2002, and i am now looking > for a way to free up the 399MB of HD space that publisher > used. How do I do this? If you uninstalled Publisher 2002 you have that free space available - NOW. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and ...

Registration Mraks in MS Publisher
Hi All, On what basis registration marks appears in any publication file. eg 1. Four registration marks appear in case of business cards at middle of edges. 2. Only one registration marks appear in case of banners at middle of left edge. 3. No registration marks appear in case of brochure. Thanks Anand Registration marks only should appear if the page size in Publisher is smaller than the size set in the printer setup. How do you want to use Registration Marks? -- ...

placeholder text in publisher
When making a template in publisher, how do I add placeholder text to the text box? I am making templates for my students and want to put placeholder instruction in the text boxes to help them with the content of the box. Do you mean a "call out?" -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "hammerheadtoo" <hammerheadtoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BCF22F3-0C9A-4D3D-BF4A-33A19AEF9964@microsoft.com... > When making a template in publisher, how do I add placeholder text to the &...

Outlook web access
some of my web access clients have a problem where, after pressing the send button, in owa, the window of the message freezes. the button lookes like it's pushed in, but nothing happens. then after a few minutes, if they try to close the window with the X on the top right, they get a message that the message hasn't been sent. what could be the cause of this problem?. ...

CListCtrl confusion
I am confused about the meaning of selected (LVIS_SELECTED) and focused (LVIS_FOCUSED). What is the difference? The above can be set/read with Set/GetItemState(). The there is also GetSelectionMark() and its set. When you get the selection mark, is this the one that is selected? Or does it mean something else? What I am able to do is click on a row and then execute my method, doit(). Now I want to simply use the up and down arrow keys to move the selection and focus up and down the list, each time calling doit() for the new row. The problem I am running into is that I get recursive calls to...

Publisher Email Document Formatting Changes
I am trying to send a publisher file as the body of an email. When I preview the email, everything looks fine. When I send the email, any deisgn check issues cause the formatting to change, dramatically affecting the document. I cannot rectify some of the design check issues (such as overlapping). I cannot send the email as an attachment or PDF the document and copy and paste it into the email. Is there a way to override the design checker or prevent the formatting changes that come out when the email is sent? Meghan wrote: > I am trying to send a publisher file as the body of an ema...

(more!) elementFormDefault confusion
Hi all, From what I can read, it doesn't look like I'm the only one getting confused with the elementFormDefault and attributeFormDefault properties of XML schemas. I am wanting to get a full understanding of these properties, as I want to be able to generate XML that conforms to these settings via the XmlTextWriter. The two main reference articles I can find are: http://geekswithblogs.net/dmillard/archive/2004/10/20/12935.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/ebattalio/archive/2006/03/03/543154.aspx However, I have a couple of questions regarding this: 1. In Minty Fresh's example, w...

Publisher 2002 Newsletter
I have been using Publisher to put out my newsletter for over ten years, and I have never had this problem before. I have the Echo format this time, I almost always insert two pages after page 3, and I did it this time as well. I finished the newsletter and printed it out. I noticed that the top headlines on pages 4 and 5 (the pages I added) did not print. I have tried moving the whole page down, I have tried replacing the text boxes that contain the headlines, I even tried to copy those pages to Publisher98, which it will not do. Unless I can get this straightened out, I'll...

Picture in Publisher
When inserting pictures in publisher the picture does not show. I can see the frame. The same thing when I load a publisher file created by someone else. All the inserted pictures does not show. View>pictures is set to detailed display. Any suggestions for a solution? -- Thor Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Thor" <Thor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Xml web services step by step tutorial
Hi all, I am a newbie for web service and i would like to develop the web service directory like uddi or strikeiron.com based on the web service technology. COuld any one show me step by step to do so, what i really need to know and how to do so. THank you so much. A really great book is Professional ASP.NET Web Services with VB.Net by Wrox "Popoxinhxan" <Popoxinhxan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99E9635-D5A1-42A7-B8F0-6139356E98E1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I am a newbie for web service and i would like to develop the web service directory like ...

Web Query #6
I have this web site which shows the approval status of a number: http://www.mca.gov.in/DCAFODINPortal/dca/MyMCALogin.do?method=setDefaultProperty&mode=22 The sample numbers being checked include the following:- 00004549 00007241 00359036 I have the above numbers in an excel file.I would like to check the approval status of these numbers from excel itself. Can anybody help? : Swami Hi Turn on the macro recorder and do it all once manually, with the first number. Then inspect the code and see where the number figures in the code. After that, you can think of ways to automate the p...

The Publish and Delete buttons are too close
In CRM v3.0, under the Customize Entities page where you Publish your changes. This viewbar has the buttons in this order: New | Publish | Delete | More Actions The Publish and Delete buttons are next to each other which lends itself to accidentally deleting an entity you wanted to publish. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the ...

Confused on syntax
Hello, I confused over the following syntax. Could someone please explain to me exactly what is happening here. ((CEditView*)m_viewList.GetHead())->SetWindowText(NULL); I understand the casted type to the m_viewList.GetHead( ) function, but the ->SetWindowText call on the end is what I've never seen done like this? Is somehow the return pointer from GetHead pointing to the SetWindowText function ? But why would this be? Could not SetWindowText just be called on it's own ? On 3 jul, 13:01, "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote: > Hello, I confused over the following...

Outlook Web Access #48
Hi, How can I copy all my personal data (my OL2003 PST file) in Exchange in order to access it via an Internet or an Intranet connexion under OWA. Thanks "Afbal" <afbal36@yahoo.fr> wrote in news:4287393b$0$28463$79c14f64@nan- newsreader-06.noos.net: > Hi, > > How can I copy all my personal data (my OL2003 PST file) in Exchange in > order to access it via an Internet or an Intranet connexion under OWA. > > Thanks > > > Create an account in OL2003, stating Exchange as the type. Import the .PST data to it. Afbal <afbal36@yahoo.fr> wro...

Still confused on whether this will work
Hi, I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance! In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express for example). I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for billpayer through MSMoney? So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come fr...

Pasting Data to Excel from either Access/Web
It has been brought to my attention that there is a bug when attempting to paste data into an Excel spreadsheet (2002) form either Access or from the Web For example, on a table within a web page, the following information is available Text 1234.56 1234.56 Tex -Text 1234.56 1234.56 Tex Text 1234.56 1234.56 Tex Text 1234.56 1234.56 Tex Text 1234.56 1234.56 Tex Text 1234.56 1234.56 Tex If this is copied and pasted into an Excel spreadsheet, all of the data folloiwng the -Text (both to the right and to the end) will take on the formatting of TEXT. The problem with this is that the two columns...