Compressing Photos

How can you compress photos so they can download faster on the web? Help!!!!
0
anonymous (74732)

can I place 8 or more pictures on one page in a photo album
I am trying to create a photo album and I would like to place 8-10 small pictures on each page. Is that possible? "mbb" <mbb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20C94A50-9203-40B5-9000-194A494BD483@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a photo album and I would like to place 8-10 small > pictures on each page. Is that possible? If you're using PPT 2007 or 2010 (soon to be released), you can create custom placeholders that you could insert your images into. But if you're using the Photo Album feature, then no, I don't think ther...

Re: Database Compression
Hi, Does anyone know any tools, microsoft or 3rd party for compressing exchange databases? There is a product call go exchange which can fix the database and compress it by upto 40%...however i have never seen it in action... Any recommendations on compressing a exchange 2003 database? Thx & Regards, In news:D4B54133-C15A-457E-AC58-D99ABF44DFAA@microsoft.com, Gary K <GaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Does anyone know any tools, microsoft or 3rd party for compressing > exchange databases? > > There is a product call go exchange which can fix...

printing photos in word
I've inserted photos to my document, they are within the margins and everything but when I press print preview or actually print the document they aren't there, only the text... If the photos are wrapped, you may need to change a setting in your Print Options. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InvisibleGraphics.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Cooper55" <Cooper55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C3A62D0-E145-484A-8695-1BABB4870D2D@microsoft.com... >...

imported photos or clips are blurred
All photos or clips imported in publisher 2002 appears very blurred but I can import them in Word or any other program. Uninstalled it and put it up again still the same Video driver? Read the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A1A38C6-20FD-4A21-A1C2-44BF4A3ACEFC@microsoft.com... > All photos or clips importe...

*EUROPE PHOTO GALLERY* <http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/>
*EUROPE PHOTO GALLERY* <http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/> * A typical microraion <http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706688/ > * Church of Sts. Peter and Paul (1613<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706684/> * The Railway station square, an example of Stalinist Minsk<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706682/> * Island of Tears, with a recently constructed memorial church<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706678/> * Shoreline in Mediterranean Greece.<http://europephotogallery.blogcu.com/4706472/> * Tara River Canyon, the deepest canyon in ...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Can I write a large book & insert photos
I have written a book on my travels and have tried to set it up in Publisher. I have set most of it up but now I cannot save onto disk or even open it. Can Publisher be used for this or is my book probably too large What do you mean; "save it onto a disk", it's already on your hd...do you mean burn it to a CD? You can't "save" to a CD you must burn it to a CD with a CD burning program. Too big? What size IS the file?...it would have to be pretty darn big to not fit on a CD, but in that case you could burn it to a DVD. How do you have it set up if you cann...

Graphics Compression in Visio
Hi, Will the new version of Visio correct the issue of automatically compressing a image on insert, it always blurs an image not matter what type (gif, jpg, png etc). Even when you set the compression to full it makes not difference. Thanks! ...

Vanishing photo
Hi, I am using 98 on Windows XP. It works beautifully, except that now I want to do a cover page for my booklet. I insert the backgound graphic (a border around the outside of the page), then I insert the text. No problem. Then I try to bring in a coloured photo and everything(!) disappears. Is it because I am using 98? Would I be okay if I upgraded? Thanks, Joy Hi Joy (joy@swallowhilldolls.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Hi, I am using 98 on Windows XP. It works beautifully, || except that now I want to do a cover page for my booklet. I || insert the backgound graphic (a border ar...

Excel 97
Hi ExcelForum, First time aboard! Something that I have seen in the past, but just cannot figure out ho to do. Problem is what I recall involved the plus and minus sign being off to the left of the worksheet. I have a spreadsheet with months in merged cells above the days of th month below i.e. C2 is a merged cell "January" and cells C3 to AG3 ar individual cells with the days of the month 1,2,3, etc. This goe along the width of the worksheet for 6 months or so. February begins a AH2 and the days are AH3 to BJ3. What I am trying to do is compact all of January by clicking on a mi...

inserting photos into publisher #2
trying to insert many photos into publisher document. They are copying fine but when i copy them over they are way too big to fit the screen. Can anyone help as i am inserting hundreds of photos and resizing takes time. resizing photos wrote: > trying to insert many photos into publisher document. They are > copying fine but when i copy them over they are way too big to fit > the screen. Can anyone help as i am inserting hundreds of photos and > resizing takes time. ==================================== Here's an idea for Publisher 2007... Left click the Picture Frame button...

storing photos on db
Hi, I need to add photos to my database. Back End is on MS SQL Server (I believe 2000), and Front End is on MS Access. I have read about storing the photos as BLOBS, but I am not sure how to do this with SQL Server. Does this mean store the photo as OLE image, but do something else to it to make it a "Blob"? I have also read about linking to the photo rather than storing it on the db, but I'd be afraid to do that as things get moved around in my organization. What we'd like to do is have a window where user specifies the path the photo is located in (user presses "...

Printing transparent text boxes over photos
I put together several photos and text boxes on a document where some of the text boxes have partially-transparent fill colors that overlap portions of the photos. Displayed on the screen, it is great; however, when I printed it, the text box fills printed as solid blocks, covering the portion fo the photos they overlapped. Is there a setting I'm missing in order to print with the same transparency effect? -- Terry L. Lampel Cup of Cold Water t.lampel.home.att.net What printer are you using? Do the text boxes print okay if you remove the "partially" transparent fill? -- Mar...

Would you compress it?
Microsoft Office Picture Manager promises to compress pictures for smaller size and faster loading, but... http://www.zima.net/fun_eng.html -- Vadim Zima Certified Russian translator and court interpreter www.zima.net I'm not sure if your post deals with how slow the site loads (I have cable and it was slow), or with the content of the red circle on the screen shot. The site may be so slow because the DocType you use is English, yet you have code in your HTML that is not English. This is just a guess, but the "EN" at the end of your DocType at the very top of your source co...

how to put photos in Microsoft Access Form
I've noticed that the questions asked in the "Community" are from 2005 - 2007. Yet none is any help to me and I've tried almost all of them. I have Access 2003. is there any updates putting photos in Access 2003 form. Also, I posted my question yesterday and it's not in the community list. What happened to it. How am I to know when my question will be answered. Will I get an e-mail that someone has looked at what I've posted and give me some help. Please let me know Helen Put your photo in an UNbound frame. The questions move out fast. Try the...

Compression
Hallo In my CE.bib for release build I have the following entry: ; @CESYSGEN IF !NK_NKNOCOMP COMPRESSION=ON ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF !NK_NKNOCOMP ; @CESYSGEN IF NK_NKNOCOMP COMPRESSION=OFF ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF NK_NKNOCOMP' I have compression catalog item added. Schouldnt COMPRESSION=ON be the only one in my Ce.bib file? Or at least one of them? When I build the debug, there is only one entry and that is COMPRESSION=ON What is happening in my release build? Is something is wrong in the sysgen phase? /Thomas It looks like you manually copied your config.bib to your r...

adding photos to booklet format
Hi, I am putting together a printed directory using Publisher 2002 and the booklet format. I want to be able to include a photo alongside each person's name and address. My booklet format is set up on a landscape layout and initially I inserted a table per page with two columns. One column contained the photos (in rows) and the other contained the data. The problem that I kept running into is that the photos seem to be on a different "layer" from the data. Meaning if I need to add a new address in a row, the corresponding photo in that row does not move down a row with t...

photo printer/notebook interface problems
I have an HP Pavilion dv9410 notebook, an HP Deskjet 2345 printer, and a Kodak Z612 digital camera and G600 printer combo. I aquired the printer and camera combo about a month after the notebook and had problems from the start at first neither the Deskjet nor the photo printer would work and after several attempts to set up the deskjet I had to get help from HP since the drivers that came with the printer would not work. They sent me a new set and have had no problems since. Unfortunately my luck is not as good with the G600 photo printer. I have made several attempts using the driver d...

publisher photos
how can i trim the excess background (not straight line)from a photo? You could draw a shape, fill, fill effect, picture tab. You can crop pictures irregularly. Use the Edit Points in the Arrange menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bigbarbie" <bigbarbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51E8804D-3CEA-481C-B78E-A0B840530EB7@microsoft.com... > how can i trim the excess background (not straight line)from a photo? bigbarbie wrote: > how can i trim the excess background (not straight line)from a photo? =========================...

How do I create a 3D effect with a photo
I have tried to fill a cube from autoshape with a photo but the photo doesnt appear on th edges only on the front, how do I fill the whole cube to create a 3D effect please A workaround, I don't know if this is suitable for your needs. Select your 3D cube, copy, paste special as a Windows Metafile. Select the new object, arrange, ungroup. Click yes to the query. You will have to ungroup again by clicking the icon. Delete the transparent background. Fill each segment with your picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microso...

Compressed files
Ever now and then Outlook asks me if I want to compress my files to free up disc space, which I say O.K to. I found the folders that these messages were stored in, but is there any way to uncompress them (they're just a bunch of jibberish and symbols), to retrieve old messages ???? Are you refering to Outlook or Outlook Express? Compress or Compact? 'Found Folders' were / how? Version of Outlook? "bobby45" <jwheelock@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:bBxDg.103774$hp.20846@read2.cgocable.net... > Ever now and then Outlook asks me if I want to compress my f...

receiving photos or pictures in my message window
When I receive a photo attachment,(do not have a preview pane enabled) I usually get an error message which says: An error in script has occured on this page: Line 123, character 1, error:syntax error; Code 0; url mhtml:mid://00000000/ do you want to continue running scripts on this page? yes no ?? How do I change this in Outlook Express 6.0 ??? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also fin...

Compression after adding a manifest file
I've added a manifest file to my MFC application using the command line tool from VC 2005 (App is compiled under VS 2003). App will run fine until I compress it with Neolite or another compression tool (to keep those from trying to crack the code), then it fault at startup. I need this manifest file for running it under Vista. Removing the manifest file from the post command build allowes compression to work. Is there another way to add a manifest file to app AND allow the app to be compressed? ...

Database Compression
Hi, With Database compression available in SQL2008 and onwards has anyone tested situations where a compressed database is getting data from an uncompressed database in the same instance or vice-versa? We have a number of application databases that talk directly to a sort of respository database. I would like to know if the repository database has compression on is it a good idea to also compress all the databases that use it that are on the same server? Thanks Chris On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:08:15 -0600, "Chris Wood" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Poor compression
I compressed a folder and all its subfolders that total 93GB. The saving for these 66,707 files was only 3GB. Content was only PDF, CHM, djvu and ptb files. Why did they not compress more? regards, "nobody" From: "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> | I compressed a folder and all its subfolders that total 93GB. The saving | for these 66,707 files was only 3GB. Content was only PDF, CHM, djvu and | ptb files. | Why did they not compress more? | regards, | "nobody" For one CHM and PDF are already compressed. -- Dave ...