Common Change

Hi,
I have over a 200 files, where I need to just change my e-mail address
within the file.
Is there any thing that I can use/run to go automatically through the files
individually, open them up, find & replace my e-mail address, then save the
files again ?

Hope someone can help.
Thanks
0
Pete9345 (176)

Changing Screen Resolution
How can I change the resolution of the screen when the app start and return it's last resolution when the app be closing. > How can I change the resolution of the screen when the app start and return it's last resolution when the app be closing. Hector, See the ChangeDisplaySettings API documentation. If you want to do it for an arbitrary application, you could use VidRes (www.jddesign.co.uk) to launch the application and perform the resolution changes for you. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

MS Query Data Source Change
I have a series of saved queries that I use on an ODBC data source. I would like to put them on other computers that may not have the same data sources but have different ones (tables are the same in each data source). Right now I am editing the query in Notepad to change the data source and path to the correct one on the other computers but am wondering why it is not evident how to change this in the query itself. Can it be done? How? TIA I had a similiar problem which I solved with a form/macro. (I don't think you can point to a different source other than manually changing t...

Change lookups so that by default they don't show inactive record.
When doing any lookup in Great Plains it defaults with all master records. Would like by default only active records to show up. Hi Catherine, SmartFill from Rockton Software can do this. Thanks, Therese "Catherine McDade" wrote: > When doing any lookup in Great Plains it defaults with all master records. > Would like by default only active records to show up. ...

Desktop shortcut changes to OE?
I've noticed this intermittent problem for a number of months and didn't really worry about it too much but it has started to become a nuisance. Basically my desktop shortcut icon to Outlook will intermittently change, on boot, to a shortcut icon to Outlook Express. The problem occurs frequently - about 1 in every 2 or perhaps 3 boots. Clicking on the icon when it presents as the OE icon takes me to OE; clicking it when it presents as the Outlook icon takes me to Outlook. It's a very odd problem (I think) - why would and how does the shortcut path change randomly? Is there...

HOWTO localize common dialogs
hi all! I have a core application with no resources. I have a couple of DLLs containing the resources (one for each language i need to support). Now: 1. system is win2k and i develop with visual c++ 6.0 2. the application uses mfc as shared dll 3. the dlls containing the resources use mfc as shared dll too. 4. everything has been built using appwizard. i exactly display the correct GUI for the chosen language. but i'm trying to get the localized mfc resources in order to have the same language also for the common dialogs (es. FileOpen, the buttons of AfxMessageBox, etc). I applied su...

How to log changes in pst files for keeping track of what changes occur in pst file in outlook.
Hi, I want to track the changes or events on pst file in outlook. How to log the events like moving a folder, creating a new message, deleting a message, renaming a folder etc. As I want to do replication from a pst file to some other data file. I want to know what are changes happened in pst file, so that I will do only the incremental replication. Does mapi logs these events??? One way I find is I can implement the IMapiAdviseSink interface. In the OnNotify() method of IMapiAdviseSink I can log the event, but if before I logged the event, if outlook crashes.., how can I get the changes in...

Changing Sheets in chart
I need to be able to change the sheet reference in a chart by selectin a cell that has the sheet name. Each sheets data are in the same cells I just need to reference different sheets. Example: if the curren values are referenced by =Sheet1!$B$3:$B$8 then I need to be able t change Sheet1 to Sheet 2 without changing the other data example =Sheet2!$B$3:$b$8 or =Sheet5!$B$3:$b$ -- DBDEZYN ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DBDEZYNE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Change Send/Receive Order
Is there a way to change the order of the email accounts in the Send/Receive pull down in Outlook 2000 in the Internet Mail Only mode? They are definitely not in any logical order. ...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

Changing Suppliers for Many Items
Is there a quick and accurate way to change suppliers for groups of items? Such as making all items in one Department or Department Code to be supplied by a specific distributor? Currently, most of my items do NOT have supplier which makes a Purchase Order impossible. Thanks. You could use a query. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. Something like: UPDATE Item SET SupplierID = X WHERE DepartmentID = Y This will not update the SupplierList table. In another thread, this query was recommended for updating the SupplierList table: INSERT INTO SupplierList ( SupplierID, ItemID, ReorderNumber) SELECT ...

How can this code be changed
I use the code below to import information to a userform, As you can see it is static. What changes can be made to make volitile? TextBox6.Text = Worksheets("INVOICE").Range("A17").Value Thanks Greg More info on how you want to get the variable? Input box ? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d6fkmq$plk$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I use the code below to import information to a userform, As you can see it > is static. What changes can be made to make volitile? > > > ...

MSN Maps Has Changed
In Outlook 2003 by clicking on an icon it allows you to map an address automatically using MSN Maps. Now the format of MSN Maps has seemed to change and I'm forced to click on a link to enter the old site. Is there a way to fix this or even change to another mapping service like Mapquest? -- All the best, Steve Yep, see; http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/displaymap.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Stev...

Changing the font of text in a check box
How do I change the font properties in a check box? I would like to have the font bold and a different color. Thanks Irie! Right click the CheckBox, choose properties. Iriemon;575152 Wrote: > How do I change the font properties in a check box? > > I would like to have the font bold and a different color. > > Thanks > > Irie! -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.the...

pivot chart changes not saved
I have a report that incorporates a pivot chart. It's been acting squirrelly lately in that modifications I make to the chart (form in pivot chart view) aren't saved. For example, I noticed a Title under the Title that I defined that reads "multi-chart." I've tried to delete this field to no avail--when I open the report, it still has a title "Multi-chart." I don't try to modify the chart with the report open, I've deleted the field using the del key as well as the delete "x," and I hit the save button before closing out. Any ideas why the...

How to change the language of common dialog box?
When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and choose color dialog, how can I change the language displayed in these dialog boxes? Thanks! You'll have to either run on the OS that has the language you want or install the version of MFC that has the language you need. This article might help you: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235264.aspx Tom "Hooyoo" <zhao_huyong@126.com> wrote in message news:1159508128.489403.150360@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > When I show a common dialog box, such as Open/Save file dialog and > choose c...

ComboBox: Update a value in current record before changing the ComboBox Value
It's been a while since I have had any issues...I seem to create my own problems... I have a combo box in a sunform. I use the combobox to choice multiple items in the subform. When I pick and item in the combobox, I run an AFTER UPDATE and set a value in a table (I change a 0 to a 5). However, if I picked the wrong record and go and change it to a different record, the value I set to 5 above stays a 5 and know I have a record with a value I do not want...I want to change it back to 0 before I change the record in the combobox. I have tried Before Update, On Enter, On Get Focus...thes...

BOM changes using out date
Is it possible to change the quantity on a compnent item in a BOM and have that change be date sensitive? We have a situation where the current BOM calls for 3 of an item. Begining on a certain date that quantit will change to 2 and a new item will be added to the BOM. Haven't found a way to handle this yet, other than remembering to change the particular BOM on the specific date. Any ideas? -- Jim@TurboChef Jim, Have you tried using the Effective and Obsolete Dates? Make the item with quantity of 3 obsolete on a specific date. Add the item to the BOM a second time with a q...

Money Bug 03/04: Stock Changes it's name but Maoney wont let that happen.
I have seen this in Money 2003 and now 2004. A company, such as DELL changes it's name but not is it symbol. When I download transactions Money asks if the new name is the same investment as the old name (obviously it is as they have the same symbol). I say yes it is the same. Money asks "Are You Sure Dell Computers is the same as Dell Inc". Regardless of how I answer this confirm It asks the first question again, and again and again and again until I admit that Dell Inc is NOT Dell Computer. Only then can I continue the reconcile. Every time I upgrade I wish I did not. I...

sort data without formulas in other cells changing?
Hi, Can someone please help? I've got quite a lot of data that I want to sort by the persons date of birth, but because I have cells with formula in it (this works out the persons age) the sort function is changing the formulas so the formulas no longer work becuase it changes the cell where it is getting the data from. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be fixed?? Thanks! I bet you have formulas that point directly at other cells in another worksheet: =sheet2!b3 If you do, you may want to see if you can redesign your worksheet so that you can use some key column (name/i...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

How do I change x axis values in a line chart?
I am creating line charts for 12 weeks of data. Each week is represented by one data point. My y-axis is rate and my x-axis is weeks. I have data for weeks 1-6 on one graph, but need to put data for weeks 7-12 on another graph. For weeks 7-12 I would like the x-axis to be labeled 7-12, but right now it is labeled 1-6. Is there anyway for me to change those labels? Thanks for any help you can give. Elizabeth, Click once on your chart. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Source Data. The Source Data dialog box will appear. Go to the Series Tab. At the bottom of ...

Common Change
Hi, I have over a 200 files, where I need to just change my e-mail address within the file. Is there any thing that I can use/run to go automatically through the files individually, open them up, find & replace my e-mail address, then save the files again ? Hope someone can help. Thanks ...

how do i change "from" in the account settings
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Dear All <br> I have had Microsoft Office 2008 installed on my mac for a couple of years, but haven't been using Entourage until now. <br> I have set up my accounts and all is working perfectly, however when testing the emails, when they arrive in an inbox, they have from office 2008 test drive user, before my own name, and it's not clear to the user that mail is from me. <br> I went online to register the product, and all is well, but the test drive user still appears...

cannot enter a long series of numbers without excel changing them.