Combining Publisher documents the hard way

This method is time consuming, but it does work.

Create an one item merge list, either in Publisher or Access or Excel or Word.

Open the second document you want to combine with the first.

If it is a long document and the pages are unlinked in the second document this
method will not work.

Unlink all the pages; this will put all the text on page one even though you
can't see it. Pictures on page one will combine, all others will not. Delete all
the blank pages. Open the Catalog and Merge wizard, Do a couple of returns on
the top of page one, insert the merge criteria. On step 5 click "add to existing
publication." Browse to your first document.

You will have to create pages and re-link your text boxes and delete whatever
you used as the merge word. You will have to re-insert your images.

You can use the same database for each Publisher file you want to combine.

I have not tried to elongate the text box and place images. It may work. Nor
have I tried using a custom size paper.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

0
mary-sauer (6479)

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Online resource (documentation with examples)?
If this is possible please let me know, there are a few things in m mind that i would like to implement, finding the resource seems to b the hardest challenge, i am trying to decipher the help.chm available making progress slowly, also using the msdn online resource, (no enough low level detail for my experience with programming), so if yo could recommend any resources online or downloadable, (for free), i would be of great use! \\Regards\thanks\Riz -- Rizits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

changing colours of multiple items in Publisher 2000
Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a page? It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the items I need and change the colour en bloc. Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?) What items are you trying to chage? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B67BD6A-B0E8-45A9...

how to publish access parameter based query report
I have an access database report build up complete with parameter query and some charting and graphing. What is the best way to present the time based report thru the websites complete with all the input parameter. Please advise. Access reports cannot be rendered as web pages. The best you could do would be to present it as a PDF file, using ASP to capture the parameters, automate Access to generate the report and save it as a PDF file (which might require the use of a third-party product depending on Access version), and return the PDF file to the browser. "Parameter Query report...

How do I add holidays to a calendar in Publisher?
I do not want to manually add them. can anyone help? Only you know what holidays you celebrate... There are many calendar programs around, might look into one of those. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "craigd80" <craigd80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC1ACC87-4995-424B-9528-7B999CC36754@microsoft.com... >I do not want to manually add them. can anyone help? ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

excel 2003 publish to a remote share does not work...
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks ...

publisher e-mails
I have not been able to get publisher e-mail formats delivered to to e-addresses either by message or attachments. Copy is impossible. Then what does the e-mail template serve for? -- abee Can you define or further explain "not been able to get publisher e-mail formats delivered to to e-addresses either by message or attachments"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "abela" <abela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3FA11CE-3538-4842-B372-0039354D46B1@microsoft.com... >...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Publisher to JPEG
How do I conert a Publisher 2000 file in to a JPEG???? Save it as a web page, make sure the images are not touching the text boxes. The images will be converted to .gif's, those you can convert to .jpg in Paint or some other imaging software. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Jane" <jshircel@ci.sheboygan.wi.us> wrote in message news:074501c356e3$8275d0b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I conert a Publisher 2000 file in to a JPEG???? > ...

Importing RosettaNet 3A4 XML Documents as New Invoices
Can someone please point me in the right direction to create new invoices in Great Plains 8.x from RosettaNet 3A4 (Purchase Order Request) XML Documents? Can eConnect do this mapping and importing without code? Does this require BizTalk? Do I have write custom code to parse the RosettaNet document and make an API Call? Thanks in advance! Mike ...

How do I embed images, text boxes, etc. in Publisher?
I'm using Publisher to send off an email newsletter but on some internet emails, they show up with attachments or are jumbled all over the page. Can anyone tell me hom I can overcome these two issues to send my newsletter? Cheers. Ricardo Not all folks will accept HTML email. Send the file as a PDF. There are free converters around. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ricardo@turrific" <Ricardo@turrific@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:428E4744-70C7-4EAA-82F3-76E6AAED8EC5@micros...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Publish htm calendar
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C8A9E1.30ADEE60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using Pub 2007 and have a 12 month calendar. =20 When I publish to the web, I can only see the first month. What can I do to let the web site visitor see all the pages? Thanks, Dennis ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C8A9E1.30ADEE60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional/...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

Web Site in Publisher- Mac Problem
I built my web site using publisher. It displays very nicely on pc's, but I've been informed that mac users are unable to view the site. They see a bunch of empty image boxes. Where do I begin to try to solve this problem? My web host can't offer any support to "advanced" sites using xml. My site is hardly advanced. you would need to know specifically what browser is having the problem. Netscape? IE? Opera? the new Apple-written browser for OSX? Most likely to have problems, I'd suspect, would be older versions of Netscape. "Rina" <anonymous@dis...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

CRM 3.0
I have been struggling with getting our CRM 3.0 system customized for several weeks and this newsgroup has been an excellent source of reference. However, I'm having to use this as my primary reference resource because Microsoft has shipped CRM without much in the way of documentation. Does anyone know where you can find actual, comprehensive documentation on actually getting this product customized and set up? The Implementation Guide is weak - anyone who's read it knows that it lobs out concepts without any real "meat" to back it up with specific details on how to i...

Publishing booklet out of sequence
I am using the booklet template in Publisher. When it prints, it does it in a mixed order so that when it gets on paper, it can be easily foled and turned into a booklet. BUT, I want to be able to publish it in a non booklet form so i can use it as a pdf. I want it to be individual pages IN ORDER on the computer 1,2,3,4 etc not 1,4,2,3. How can I make it NOT publish as a booklet for the e-mail version. Also, it only puts myu page numbers on one page. Every other page is NOT numbered. It won't matter when it is assembled but when it is made to a pdf and the pages scrambled to "...

Input variable contains a duplicate document
Somehow I got this error message GP 10 when I did PO import "Input variable contains a duplicate document" It affects all PO import item. Thanks, Tim Tim, Based on the error message, it sounds like eConnect (or the eConnect adapter in Integration Manager) is being used to bring in these transactions. The first place I'd recommend checking would be the eConnect Event Log in the Event Viewer. That should give more details regarding the error along with the XML string being passed in so that you can see the exact document number that is throwing this error. Thanks, &qu...

how reopen the document with Enable Macros.office2007
how reopen the document with Enable Macros.office2007 ...

publisher can not import picture
My Dell xp computer was reformatted and I reinstalled my publisher 2000. I can not now import a jpg or any other like into my pages. I installed it on another computer and the program works fine. I can import a photo into my word program. I can also scan a picture into publisher. When I try to import a picture I have saved ex. on the desktop, a box pops up and tells me it cannot import it, something about the graphics filter or coverter maybe missing. How do I get that back?? Jeanne See if installing the three service packs helps. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD010699...

98 publisher lost cd key
1 have a copy of microsoft publisher 98 can not find cd key help You're kind of "up a creek". Looks like it's time to get a newer version. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "crager" <crager@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC68FDA-B16F-44F8-A5A9-EBF000FE2D6F@microsoft.com... >1 have a copy of microsoft publisher 98 can not find cd key help Do you have it installed? Help, about Microsoft Publisher 98, the product id number is there xxxxx-(000-0000000)-xxxx The fourth number for some reason is not listed. Try a four. You...