combination document - duplex print of tent on one side and blank sigle on other side

Hi, I don't know if this is possible. I need to create a "tent
document" with images on both "pages" this to print on one side of a
sheet of A3 ( no problem so far) The other side of the paper has to be
duplex printed with the WHOLE A3 sheet being filled with a text box
wuth 2 columns of text. If I create this second side by inserting a
page it too is of course in "tent" format and it is impossible to set
up one text box across what are now called pages 3 and 4.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set things up so that the first
side (pages 1 and 2 are tent format whilst the second side ( page 3)
is full A3 so that I can save it as a single template and duplext
print it.
I know that my request sounds complex ut hope I have made it
reasonably clear. Any help would be great please.

Ron
0
RonHagley (19)

On 30 Jul, 13:31, ronh <RonHag...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I don't know if this is possible. I need to create a "tent
> document" with images on both "pages" this to print on one side of a
> sheet of A3 ( no problem so far) The other side of the paper has to be
> duplex printed with the WHOLE A3 sheet being filled with a text box
> wuth 2 columns of text. If I create this second side by inserting a
> page it too is of course in "tent" format and it is impossible to set
> up one text box across what are now called pages 3 and 4.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to set things up so that the first
> side (pages 1 and 2 are tent format whilst the second side ( page 3)
> is full A3 so that I can save it as a single template and duplext
> print it.
> I know that my request sounds complex ut hope I have made it
> reasonably clear. Any help would be great please.
>
> Ron

I should have said - I'm using Publisher 2002
0
RonHagley (19)
7/30/2008 2:00:20 PM
Anything you put on page four will have to manually rotated if you want it to
read properly when you open the tent. A workaround would be to setup your page
differently. It would be easier to simply setup a normal page, rotate an image
or whatever you plan to use on the back of page. Place it at the top of your
first page so when folded it will be correctly positioned on the back.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ronh" <RonHagley@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On 30 Jul, 13:31, ronh <RonHag...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I don't know if this is possible. I need to create a "tent
>> document" with images on both "pages" this to print on one side of a
>> sheet of A3 ( no problem so far) The other side of the paper has to be
>> duplex printed with the WHOLE A3 sheet being filled with a text box
>> wuth 2 columns of text. If I create this second side by inserting a
>> page it too is of course in "tent" format and it is impossible to set
>> up one text box across what are now called pages 3 and 4.
>>
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to set things up so that the first
>> side (pages 1 and 2 are tent format whilst the second side ( page 3)
>> is full A3 so that I can save it as a single template and duplext
>> print it.
>> I know that my request sounds complex ut hope I have made it
>> reasonably clear. Any help would be great please.
>>
>> Ron
>
> I should have said - I'm using Publisher 2002

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/30/2008 3:25:29 PM
On 30 Jul, 16:25, "Mary Sauer" <mary-sa...@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Anything you put on page four will have to manually rotated if you want it to
> read properly when you open the tent. A workaround would be to setup your page
> differently. It would be easier to simply setup a normal page, rotate an image
> or whatever you plan to use on the back of page. Place it at the top of your
> first page so when folded it will be correctly positioned on the back.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVPhttp://office.microsoft.com/http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "ronh" <RonHag...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > On 30 Jul, 13:31, ronh <RonHag...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi, I don't know if this is possible. I need to create a "tent
> >> document" with images on both "pages" this to print on one side of a
> >> sheet of A3 ( no problem so far) The other side of the paper has to be
> >> duplex printed with the WHOLE A3 sheet being filled with a text box
> >> wuth 2 columns of text. If I create this second side by inserting a
> >> page it too is of course in "tent" format and it is impossible to set
> >> up one text box across what are now called pages 3 and 4.
>
> >> Does anyone know if it is possible to set things up so that the first
> >> side (pages 1 and 2 are tent format whilst the second side ( page 3)
> >> is full A3 so that I can save it as a single template and duplext
> >> print it.
> >> I know that my request sounds complex ut hope I have made it
> >> reasonably clear. Any help would be great please.
>
> >> Ron
>
> > I should have said - I'm using Publisher 2002

Thanks Mary - I kinda had this feeling that it would be impossible to
automate what I wanted to do -  I guess that if I have several images
on the back page (the top half of the A3 sheet which would bethe
rotated one for the printed document) I would need to group these
before unrotating them (manually) for the .pdf document which is to be
viewed on screen.
Alternatively do you know how I can reference the compound (grouped)
image objects within a macro to rotate just that one rather than the
image on the other half of the same a3 page.

Ron.
0
RonHagley (19)

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Online resource (documentation with examples)?
If this is possible please let me know, there are a few things in m mind that i would like to implement, finding the resource seems to b the hardest challenge, i am trying to decipher the help.chm available making progress slowly, also using the msdn online resource, (no enough low level detail for my experience with programming), so if yo could recommend any resources online or downloadable, (for free), i would be of great use! \\Regards\thanks\Riz -- Rizits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

Large Document and Publisher 2007
I believe I read in here somewhere that Pub 2007 was not the application of choice when creating a large document - 60 pages or so plus index. What Microsoft product would be the application of choice? And is the fact that Pub does not create an index them main reason? Hey, you can create as many pages as you need in Publisher, but it isn't nearly as friendly as Word for long documents. And, yes, Publisher does not create indexes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat" <pmaxon@gmail.com> wrote in ...

Documenting the backup of data
This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS Access. Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database. I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access. I have no idea how i would document this. I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access. Has anyone had similar exeperiences? Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example? ...

Missing characters when printing
I'm using Excel 2002 and when I print a worksheet characters 's' or 'S were missing in certain words even though it turned out alright o print preview. Can someone assist me with that? I tried shutting down or reseting bu it's still the same. Appreciate any assistance. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could check the printer manufacturer's web site, and download the latest copy of the print driver for your operating system. For example, if you have an HP printer, check here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.html P...

Data from one sheet to another sheets
Dear Sir, I have a ZoneWise Worksheet i;e nz01,nz02,nz03.wz01,wz02,wz03,sz01,sz02,sz03 and so on. Now i want to copy this data according to ZoneWise For example: nz01 in sheet1, nz02 in sheet2, wz01 in sheet 3 and so no Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

tiger probelms saving word and xcell documents to a server
We are having trouble saving word and xcel documents to our sever from os X tiger. We can only save as an .rtf and .xml, but them we loose formating and things like charts in xcel! We can save directly to the individual computer, but not to our server. Any help out there? ...

Excel Print Issue
When I print to OneNote 2007 from Excel 2007, it shows up on OneNote as all Black. The same thing happens if I embed the file on a OneNote page and right click the file and "Insert as Printout." Any help would be appreciated. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When I print to OneNote 2007 from Excel 2007, it shows up on OneNote as all > Black. > > The same thing happens if I embed the file on a OneNote page and right click > the file and "Insert as Printout." > > Any help would be appreciated. Experiment with the prin...

Slow printing #2
Hi I am using a macro in Excel 97 to move fields from a record to a print template on a second sheet and then print it using the 'ActiveSheet.PrintOut' function. The macro loops through 100 records, scheduling the reports but takes forever to print them. There was a post some time ago with a similar problem and the suggestion was to disable the refresh screen or something like that. Any suggestions please. Charles ...

why does part of my document disappear when I save it
I am creating a newsletter I do every month. I created 7 pages, and when I add the last JPEG image, it looks fine. When I click SAVE, the JPEG image disappears. When you re-open the document, is the image there? Might look into a video driver upgrade. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "barbilulu" <barbilulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD72CE48-C460-4F6A-9E38-EC0805051A15@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter I do every month. I created 7 pages, and when I > add the l...

One use licence
I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault and will need to be replaced. I still have the disks and I was wondering, if i remove the program from my old laptop will i be able to install it on my new machine. If so what would I need to do? On 2/28/2010 8:05 AM, Mr Random101 wrote: > I have purchased a one use student/teacher copy of Microsoft office 2007 from > my colleges IT department. My laptop has recently developed a serious fault > and will need to be...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Printing spreadsheets crested in earlier versoins of Excel
Hello - My computer and my wife's computer are networked. I have WinXP and Excel 2000 9.0.3821 SR-1 on my computer. She has Win98 and Excel 2000 9.0.2720. When I print a spreadsheet created in Win98 with an earlier version of Excel (I'm not sure which version), I get "squiggilly" vertical lines and numbers. When I print the same file on the same printer using my wife's computer it looks fine. What is the problem? Is there a way I can convert the file so it will print correctly? Thanks Drew As answered at your second post: Have you tried copying the conte...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Printing upcoming Bills & Depostis
I finally figured out how to print out my upcoming bills and deposits! It only took me about a year! So for anyone who is interested it is... Bills & Deposits > Reports > Print Don't know how they expect people to know this? But I'm glad I found it. (totally by accident!) Jennifer ...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Print in borders
How does one tpe inside a clip-art border? Ruth wrote: > How does one tpe inside a clip-art border? And that's an Outlook problem? -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

how reopen the document with Enable Macros.office2007
how reopen the document with Enable Macros.office2007 ...

Input variable contains a duplicate document
Somehow I got this error message GP 10 when I did PO import "Input variable contains a duplicate document" It affects all PO import item. Thanks, Tim Tim, Based on the error message, it sounds like eConnect (or the eConnect adapter in Integration Manager) is being used to bring in these transactions. The first place I'd recommend checking would be the eConnect Event Log in the Event Viewer. That should give more details regarding the error along with the XML string being passed in so that you can see the exact document number that is throwing this error. Thanks, &qu...

IE8 Blank Tab
Often when clicking a link that opens a new tab, the new tab will either say Blank Page or Connecting without actually connecting to the site. This will happen on 4 to 5 new tabs before finally getting one that will work. This problem happens to me several times a day. Closing IE will fix it temporarily, but resetting the computer is the only thing that will fix it longer term. Even resetting only lasts a couple of hours of use. I'm using a fully updated Win7 machine. Any help would be appreciated. Casey Hi, See if a browser add-on is causing the problem IEBlog...