Colour gradient won't print

I've recently installed Publisher 2003 and am having a great time with it.
I'm in the process of putting a trifold together and have included a
background box with a colour gradient in it.  It looks great on my monitor
but when I print it, it's a solid colour.  I've successfully printed colour
gradients before so what's happening?

Robin

Robin Cowdrey <cowdreyrNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I've recently installed Publisher 2003 and am having a great time
> with it. I'm in the process of putting a trifold together and have
> included a background box with a colour gradient in it.  It looks
> great on my monitor but when I print it, it's a solid colour.  I've
> successfully printed colour gradients before so what's happening?

Is it a transparent gradient?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/15/2005 8:28:58 AM
Yep!  That was the problem and I managed to figure it out.  Thanks!

Robin

> Robin Cowdrey <cowdreyrNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> was very recently heard
> to utter:
>> I've recently installed Publisher 2003 and am having a great time
>> with it. I'm in the process of putting a trifold together and have
>> included a background box with a colour gradient in it.  It looks
>> great on my monitor but when I print it, it's a solid colour.  I've
>> successfully printed colour gradients before so what's happening?
>
> Is it a transparent gradient?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? >Is there a fix? Below is error I get: > >Program: msmoney.exe >R6025 - pure virtual function call >I am using: >MS Money 2006 Small Business >version 15.0.150.513 See if http://support.micro...

Forcing Users to Color Print
Greetings, I have an excel colour document (red, white & grey) which I want users to print in colour ONLY. I use the grey font as a shadow font which users can write over in pen. The problem arises when they print it in black & white; even the faint grey font appears in black. How can I overcome this? Is there a way to prevent black and white printing of a document? Or can I possibly modify the doc such that it prints OK in colour but looks illegible in black and white? I'm prepared to use VBA or any method possible & I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks in advance, Hype...

Print 2 reports
Hi, Is it possible to print 2 copies of my report using the following code? thanks. ************************************************* Private Sub Command27_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command27_Click Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[WarehouseID] = " & Me.[WarehouseID] DoCmd.OpenReport "rptWarehouse", acViewNormal, , strWhere DoCmd.GoToRecor...

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

How do I cancel a job out of the print queue?
Has anyone else experienced your printer spitting out "gobbledee-goop" after you've cancelled the print job? ...

Printing Locks Up Everyone
We have something strange going on with our Great Plains system. When someone runs a report and prints it to the screen then prints it to a printer, it will slow everyones Great Plains client down enough to be effectively locked up, until the person clicks OK on the print message box to confirm the print job. While all of the clients are waiting for the person to finish sending the job to the networked printer, the server seems to be fine on resources. Any help would be appreciated. We are running v7.5 Hi It there any SQL Blocking (tables) occurring on the SQL server when the ...

How do I print Double-sided?
I use publisher2003 and I want to do things on both sides if this is not possible then how to I print Double-sided? I suspect you now have only a single page to your file. To add a page, select Insert, Page. Create the second page. If you don't have a duplex printer then print page 1 of 1; put the paper back into the paper tray and print page 2 of 2. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "roseysmile" <roseysmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16A30776-34A2-4002-9258-70927A95139E@microsoft.com... >I use publisher2003 and I want to do things o...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

Change bkgnd colour for some words in CRichEditCtrl?
I'd like to be able to change the background colour for some of the text in a CRichEditCtrl. I'm comparing two files side-by-side in these controls and need to be able to highlight some text to illustrate the results. I could just change the text colour and make the font bold and/or larger, but highlighting similar to when text is selected would stand out better, especially if I could also change the text colour to suit. Is this possible? (I've seen it in some programs, but don't know if a CRichEditCtrl was used.) Any help appreciated, Steve C. ...

slide in master view will not print
I just created a new page, it shows up in the "Master Slide" view however it does not show up in the "Normal Slide" view. Why can't I edit or create a new blank slide in normal view? The bigger problem is that I cant print the third page, it only prints the pages that show in the normal page view.... Thanks On Mar 17, 1:49=A0pm, SoccerMom <Soccer...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just created a new page, it shows up in the "Master Slide" view however= it > does not show up in the "Normal Slide" view. =A0Why can...

Removing Border lines and colour for All sheets
Hi Everyone, is it possible to write a macro to run every sheet and just remove border lines and colours for all cells in a sheet for every sheets in a workbook? I know macro is like this but can't really think how I can loop this. Can anyone help? Thanks alot Cells.Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borde...

Printing Labels
For the most part I know how to set up and print labels, however, if I have a sheet of labels in printer that is 3 columns across and 10 rows down and I want to print the 9th label, counting 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 only, how do I do that. The reason being, if I only need a couple names at a time printed, I don't want to waste all the other labels, so want to be able to pick the label I'm printing to. Any solutions out there? In his book, Access Developer's Handbook, Ken Getz has written some code, which I cannot share...

colour recognition
hi guys, i may be chasing the impossible here, but here we go anyway. ive got cells in my spreadsheet formatted so that they change colour depending on what value is input. basically, i want to know if its possible for excel to recognise how many cells of a certain colour i have and then display the results numerically. is this possible? yet again, your really helping me out and it would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Format|conditional formatting to color those cells, then I think it would be easiest to just duplicate those rules in helper cells and then use those helper cel...

Code to change label colour
I want a label control of a tickbox on a form to change colour if it is checked, assuming the checked value is YES. I've tried this code but it doesn't work Private Sub txtwithdrawn_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtwithdrawn Is Yes Then Me.txtwithdrawn_Label.ForeColor = 255 End If End Sub Can anyone help me here. Thanks Tony Sorry for posting too swiftly, realised that checked value should be = True and it worked. Thanks Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eKob1EoYIHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want a label control of a tickbox on a form t...

automatic printing
HELP!!!!! I want to be able to automatically print a label from excel when i input data. the data will be sent to excel automatically from a software package called winwedge. once this data arrives in excel i need excel to do three things with it. firstly, i need it to log this data with all the other data to form graphs - this isnt a problem. secondly, i need excel to take a copy of this data and paste it into a pre defined area ready to print. and thirdly, once the information is inpuuted into the predefined area, i need it to print automatically. this seems unlikely to me, but im s...

Print Copy limit
Despite upgraging the printer memory, if the number of print copies is less than 20 , the laser churns out the copies one after the other. However if when say 100 print copies is requested, the printer slows between copies as I understand the buffer is full. How can the number of copies be automated so that up to 20 print copies per 'batch' is sent and when done the next 'batch' of up to 20 is sent until the total number print copies is done. Maybe you could use a macro to print what you want in groups of 20. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim HowManyTotal As Lon...

Printing booklet #2
Using Publisher 2002 and Windows XP and Brother Laserjet. I have created a 16 page booklet and have a text box in the scratch areas for importing from Word and storing regularly used graphics. If a scratch area is to the right and close to the booklet the text in the scratch area prints on every right hand page over whatever is already on that page, similarly if the scratch area is on the left it prints over the left hand page. If I move the scratch area so that it is at least a page width away from the booklet it is ok and also ok if the scratch area is above or below the booklet. ...

Printing the street address
We have followed the rules from Microsoft Office Assistance and the home address will not print out for our 4 x 6 phone directory, even though the home address prints on a 8.5 x 11 sheet. Help! ...

No Printing a word
I am using Word 2003. I want to put the word "FINANCIAL" on a financial page of a long report just so that it will be part of the "table of contents", but do not want it to print on the financial page itself. I believe there is a way to do this, but right now I am having a senior moment. Can anyone tell me how to do this or at least point me in the right direction? aurora Insert a TC (table of contents entry) field with the word "FINCANCIAL." You can do that via the Mark Table of Contents Entry dialog box, which you can display by pressing Alt+Sh...

Line Weight does not Print correctly
I have a document that I have several data graphics used. I use a callout circle for my shape and then I like data using the data graphics. I select a line weight of 9 and all looks great on the screen. But then when I go to print it, the lines weights on a couple of the data graphics are correct, but the rest print in what appears to be a line weight 1. Does any one know why this happens? ...

Set up Print Screen
Have a 5-in-1 printer that wont print screen. Any suggestions. ...