Clipboard Problem with Publisher 2002 (XP)

As I am preparing a newsletter with Publisher 2002, I am trying to copy and
paste from various sources. When I open the Office Clipboard I see only the
first entry not the subsequent ones. Whenever I try to paste something that
I have just copied anew from a txt file or PDF or doc file, the result is is
the original copy. I have tried to clear the clipboard several times. It
shows what should be there, but then has a mind of its own when I try to
paste or special paste it into the newsletter as unformatted plain  text.

Does anyone have an answer to this? Thanks and happy holidays.   Barry

0
cbj97 (29)

Does the same thing happen in other Office applications or just Publisher?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Barry" <cbj97@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> As I am preparing a newsletter with Publisher 2002, I am trying to copy
> and
> paste from various sources. When I open the Office Clipboard I see only
> the
> first entry not the subsequent ones. Whenever I try to paste something
> that
> I have just copied anew from a txt file or PDF or doc file, the result is
> is
> the original copy. I have tried to clear the clipboard several times. It
> shows what should be there, but then has a mind of its own when I try to
> paste or special paste it into the newsletter as unformatted plain  text.
>
> Does anyone have an answer to this? Thanks and happy holidays.   Barry

0
jl_paules (2767)

Spin control problem
I set a text edit control as the buddy to a spin control. Another list box enables and disables them depending on user's selection. When the controls are enabled, the spin control keep on grayed untill I place my cursor on it. The spin control works fine but gives the user wrong impression that it is disabled Can anyone give me any suggestion about this Thanks. Hi Robert, I do this sort of thing all the time (enable and disable controls). One thing I noticed, I don't know if it will make a difference or not, is that I always enable the edit control before the spin control. If that...

Problem with Customization
Hi guys, I created an application in visual.net (COM Component) and the same have all the requirements asked. The problem is when the changes are made, the POS screen no refresh, but if I press any button or execute some event of this window, I can see changes. Can you help me? How can I refresh Pos Screen using qsrules and visual.net? I can do that? Thanks, Joaquín ...

Problems with server response
When creating a mail account all the settings are correct but the system will not generate a test mail. The error message is Send test e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct... When I check the settings all seem to be correct. Help please! ...

LDAP Problems
outlook 2003 hangs up when using address book when you ldap setting in the directory service does anyone else have this problem? I try Microsoft support tech.'s, still not solve >-----Original Message----- >I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. I wonder if you have had an answer to this by now. > > ----- stan wrote: ----- > > outlook 2003 hangs up when using address book when you > ldap setting in the directory service > > does anyone else have this problem? > > > > > > >. > ...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 Problems
IHAC, Who we have upgrade from RMS 1.2 / MSDE to RMS 1.3 and SQL 2005 Express. After the upgrade we can connect to the database and everything works except for two things: 1. We cannot upgrade the database schema under the RMS Administrator. The upgrade version is blank and it says the current version is 1.2 update 6/25/2003. 2. The database is 96% full and we upgrade to SQL 2005 Express to take advantage of the 4 GB limit. So we are stuck and running out of room on the busiest sales weekend of the year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chris Chandler DH Innovations, LLC 1...

AD Sync problem

Problem with SMTP Authentication
Hi, We have a customer with a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with SP2, and SP2 for Exchange 2003 is also installed. They have one remote user on a laptop that is setup as a POP3 account; he is able to receive email but is unable to send. It will repeatedly prompts for password. We have double checked the username/passwords and tried other accounts, getting the same results with each. Although sometimes it will give the following error message: “Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems,...

How do I access clipboard?
I just got a message telling me I have a lot of data on my clipboard - what is the clipboard and how do I access it? The clipboard is the area of memory that Windows sticks something you have copied (usually to paste elsewhere). When you close Word or the document, it asks if you have finished with the stuff on the clipboard before it clears it out. Unless you intend to copy something to paste into another application and you are closing Word before pasting into the other application, it is safe to dump it. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "dukester" <dukester@d...

Money 2004 & Passport Problems
I have money 2004 deluxe am in trying to sign in to my passport using the software and i keep getting an error. I though maybe there was a problem with the passport service so i have been trying every night. Well its been about 1.5 wks and it still doesn't work. When i try to sign in to passport i get the following error: "The sign-in attempt for waldrop_brent@hotmail.com was unsucessful. Please try your sign in name and password again." Well im 100% forsure my username/password for passport are correct. This is the user name im posting this thread with. I also tried ano...

MS Money 2002 #5
Is anyone still using MS Money 2002? I've noticed that when I conect to the bank not all of my transactions are not being downloaded to my machine. (So certain withdrawls are not showing up in my ledger but if I look online at Washington Mutual they are there?) Is MS Money 2002 no longer compatiable with my bank? I called WM and they told me to contact MS. When I try to get support it says my PID is expired. Do I have to upgrade to MS Money 2004 now? Aaron ...

Auto Answering and Clearing the Clipboard
I am copying data from one sheet, closing it, pasting it to another, then opening a new sheet, copying data, and pasting it again to the other sheet...this goes on 21 times so that 21 pastes are pasted to one spreadsheet from 21 different files. Everytime I run the macro that does this I get a message that asks if I want to save it to the clipboard, I naturally have to answer yes... Is there a way, within the macro, that the answer can be done automatically, and also is there a way to clear out the clipboard for memory purposes all in VBA? Thanks! Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...

Problems after applying windows update KB 960715
Hi, My company is using MGP ver 7.00. Recently we applied windows update KB 960715. After which we have some problems with some of our VBA applications which are called within MGP. One of the problems was that the date field has been disappeared from the entry screen. When I try to edit the form in TOOLS-CUSTOMIZE-VISUAL BASIC EDITOR, I realized that I was unable to format the text box as 'dd-mm-yyyy' format. It seems that the activeX is not working. What should I do now? Thanks for your help. Regards, The solution you require is described in the following article: http://blo...

Timer Problem on Close
Hi, I am currently working on a MDI application and have this problem: I have start a timer with SetTimer( 1, 100, 0 ) in CMainFrame. Then when I close the window, a runtime error occurs, forcing the whole application to exit. I tried to add KillTimer in ChildFrm OnClose, WM_DESTROY and destructor, but the problem still persist. Can someone please help? Thanks! lynnzyeo@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am currently working on a MDI application and have this problem: I > have start a timer with SetTimer( 1, 100, 0 ) in CMainFrame. Then when > I close the window, a runtime error o...

TransferSpreadsheet problem
I am using the command DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet to transfer data from a named range in Excel to an Access table. This works ok for importing from one Excel file but not from another which gives the following error message: "The Microsoft Jet Engine could not find the object "NamedRange". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and path correctly." I have searched the news groups to understand what may cause the problem. The explanations are: 1. The range name is too long - I have tested and this is not the case 2. The file is corrupted - I doubt this is th...

inbox problems #2
My inbox says I have 3 new messages. I don't.. Its lying. So how do I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting. Computers are supposed to be always right.... As a sidelight to this. I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the favorite folder place. I thought I would bring that back and see if there were some messages that were bad. I read the help file and it says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder. But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's a person to do? See my reply to your late...

Clipboard
Hi, I am writing a program that uses a lot of color definitions, so I have built another "color-picker" program where you can click on a color and its RGB values will be known. This all works fine, although I want the text for the RGB macro to be copied to the clipboard when I click on a color, e.g. "RGB(192, 192, 192)" should be placed on the clipboard when I click on the gray area of the window so I can then paste it. I have got a CString to hold this value, however I can't get it into the clipboard. Whatever combination of the memory mapping functions I try ...

Error Message: Cannot Empty the Clipboard
In Excel 2003, when I copy cells, I receive an error message that says "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" and am unable to paste the cells into any other application (e.g. Word). The clipboard appears to remain empty, though I am able to paste the contents of the copies to a different location in the same worksheet. Any thoughts on what the problem is or how to fix it? ...

Problem with Link Tables when converting to Access2K
Hi everybody, I'm converting a central Database from Access 97 to Access 2000. The DB has link Tables (Microsoft Fox Pro). Are there any concerns regarding the link tables; will they be working properely after the conversion? Will I be able to refresh the links with no problems, putting into consideration that the links were made in Access97? I'm having enough troubles with the conversion so far and I don't want to have any problems with those link tables, especially they are the main tables. Please Advise. Thanks a lot in advance. Hi Tamer, In Access 2000 you have to ...

Word File Problems
When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to it..Microsoft Office Vx does not seem to recognize certain characters...such as 1/2...it formats it as a leading -. For instance..... terms are 1/2 May and 1/2 June When I open the doc it looks like - May and - June. What can I do to rectify this? Thks, Art In article <f568d118.0402041736.3d32b81e@posting.google.com>, ademers254@mac.com (Art Demers) wrote: > When someone sends me an e-mail with a word document attached to > it..Microsoft Office Vx does not seem to recognize certain > characters...such as 1/2...

Conditional Sum Problem
I have three columns of data something like this: A B C 1 Balance Report Product Type 2 3,000 Y Oranges 3 1,000 N Oranges 4 4,000 N Apples 5 500 Y Pears 6 2,500 N Pears 7 8,000 Y Oranges Range A2:A7 is named "Balance", B2:B7 is named "Report" and C2:C7 is named "Product_Type". I am trying the following: =SUMPRODUCT((Balance)*(Product_Type="Oranges")*(Report="...

Xml Attribute..id problem??

select * from #temp problem in HQ
Hello I have a client who Every time he tries to enter he has the following error: "name of the the object #temp not valid select # from #temp where [status] in (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7)" According to him he didn't do anything unusual just locate the server outside the office.. any suggestions? Thks in advance for your time This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0192_01C94979.AAC35BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rod, Search for any QS*.tmp files on the hard driv...

IM problem
Hi, We are using IM with GP10. While the integration was running against the SOP window, my system got hang were i need to restart my machine. After restart, while i run my IM against the SOP window it states an error message to close the GP window which was open. But there were no window kept to be open. As far as i had concern, since IM was closed abruptly it had kept the same window open and not yet closed it. Can any one help me put to overcome this problem and to run the integration against the same window. Thanks! Make sure you have installed the latest service packs for GP a...

publisher printing error
Publisher is telling me I do not have a printer installed on the system. I have a few so I can't figure out why this is happening. You need to troubleshoot your printer setup How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870622 Steps to Manually Remove and Reinstall a Printer Driver http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;135406 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft....

problem with verdana font???
Hi, I have an excel file which I've used for a while. When I opened it up today I couldn't see any of the text on the worksheets. I tried to change the font colour and size etc, but it seems excel doesn't find the verdana font. I can see the text if i change the font to tahoma for example. Does anyone know why this might happen? If i type anything in verdana the whole row just blanks. Thanks, James ...