Clipboard pasting

I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells
me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into
another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close
the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there
is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!!
--
Ginger Christenson
0

Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher.  Edit, Office Clipboard. What program
are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in
that program too.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Ginger" <ginger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells
> me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into
> another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close
> the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there
> is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!!
> --
> Ginger Christenson

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Protect formula against cut & paste
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E3_01C5BCA2.5E761D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I need to have a worksheet with the formula protected and some cells = unprotected to enter the values. The formulas uses the value in the = unprotected cell to make calculations. The problem is that if a user cut an unprotected cell and paste it in = another unprotected cell, Excell change the formula. I 'll try to explain with a simple example. I have all cells of a = worksheet protected ...

Paste as Transposed Link
How can i paste cells as link but transpose. While using Paste Special and check Transpose the Paste Link button is disabled. Any Solution? Best regards, Murtaza if you want paste cells as link,why do you select transpose "Murtaza" <sharemomentswithme@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:OuHCLYH7DHA.1636@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How can i paste cells as link but transpose. > > While using Paste Special and check Transpose the Paste Link button is > disabled. > > Any Solution? > > Best regards, > Murtaza > > The Data is horizontal in Sheet1 like: ...

unpleasant sounds when using Cut & Paste
I'm running Excel 2000 under XP Home, all Office patches & updates applied (9.0.6926 SP-3). When I cut, copy and/or paste (using edit or right click menu), I hear a very unpleasant sound for each operation, something like "boin.. ggg" for cut/copy and a high pitched "swoosh" for paste. *Occasionally*, I get a normal copy sound, never a normal paste sound. This does not happen in Word, nor in any other application where the same editing operations are performed. - I've had to mute all sounds in self-defense, but this isn't a satisfactory solution. M...

Pasting (or other options)
Hi there, I am creating a chart that I need to respond to either post an picture in and resize it to the highlighted squares in the row, or achieve the effect another way (maybe macro) I can't get it to perform the same task on 3 squares long the same as on ten squares long. Any suggestions? Juggles From your description it is very difficult to ascertain your needs. What are "squares"? Are you referring to cells? From where would you obtain the picture? By "chart" do you mean a graphical display like a bar chart or line chart? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, ...

Cutting first 4 digits from a cell and pasting it into an adjacent column
Using 2007 on Vista I've got some data I want to import from excel into my crm software For type of business here in the UK we use 'SIC' codes However, the data I have purchased has the SIC code followed by it's description I want to seperate the first 4 digits which is for the SIC code and leave the description behind as per the following data 3320: Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Checking, Testing, Navigating & Other Which I want to seperate into SIC code 3320 SIC description Manufacture Of Instruments & Appliances For Measuring, Chec...

How do I access clipboard?
I just got a message telling me I have a lot of data on my clipboard - what is the clipboard and how do I access it? The clipboard is the area of memory that Windows sticks something you have copied (usually to paste elsewhere). When you close Word or the document, it asks if you have finished with the stuff on the clipboard before it clears it out. Unless you intend to copy something to paste into another application and you are closing Word before pasting into the other application, it is safe to dump it. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "dukester" <dukester@d...

Auto Answering and Clearing the Clipboard
I am copying data from one sheet, closing it, pasting it to another, then opening a new sheet, copying data, and pasting it again to the other sheet...this goes on 21 times so that 21 pastes are pasted to one spreadsheet from 21 different files. Everytime I run the macro that does this I get a message that asks if I want to save it to the clipboard, I naturally have to answer yes... Is there a way, within the macro, that the answer can be done automatically, and also is there a way to clear out the clipboard for memory purposes all in VBA? Thanks! Application.DisplayAlerts = False ...

Smartlist Past Due Aging
Hi, We are able to view a list of past due customers based on the aging columns of 0-30, 31-60, 61+ in smartlist, but some do not show up there but show up in the detail historical aged trial balance. Why is that? We are using v8.0. Lynn Without looking, my first thought is this. Some reports calculate the ageing themselves while others, like SmartList use the values already recorded in the table. Try ageing your accounts and run your Smartlist again. Visit us at Convergence in San Diego, Booth 624 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users F...

Paste to multiple areas/ranges?
This must be a simple thing to do. User select (highlights) a number of areas in a spreadsheet (holds down Ctrl to select multiple areas). Then paste a value into these areas, Say "AA". Using Help I found out how to select all the individual areas using - Sub Select_Areas() Set rangeToUse = Selection For Each singleArea In rangeToUse.Areas singleArea.Select Next End Sub However, I cannot figure out how to paste a value into each selected area as it goes through the "For" loop? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick I just recorded this S...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Can't copy and paste into Publisher 2002
I just installed Publisher 2002 on a new laptop. I am unable to paste from any other program including MS Works word processor and Notepad. The only thing that will paste is the last copied text from Publisher. Pasting works fine between all other programs. Can anyone give me a fix? Thanks, Mac McPop wrote: > I just installed Publisher 2002 on a new laptop. I am unable to paste > from any other program including MS Works word processor and Notepad. > The only thing that will paste is the last copied text from Publisher. > Pasting works fine between all other programs. Can anyone g...

HTML Pasting in Outlook
I just upgraded to IE 7 and now my Outlook 2003 no longer allows me to paste html into new messages. The result is blank and if I click around, blank squares appear where the pictures are supposed to be. I know there must be a security setting somewhere but I have been unable to find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Greg <gmanship@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166639585.135642.106750@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I just upgraded to IE 7 and now my Outlook 2003 no longer allows me to > paste html into new messages. The result is blank and if I click &...

Copy and Paste info needed
I have a summary sheet which adds and subtracts from a block of data above the formula cells. I want to copy and paste different blocks of data into the sheet and have it do its calculations for each block. I highlight the block to be copied into the 'summary sheet' and then copy it - sometimes my block has more rows than other blocks (usually between 50 and 100 rows). When I come to paste the new block into the summary sheet I either have the problem of rows being left form the previous block (if my new block has less rows) or my formula cells get overwritten if my new block ...

VBA
I would like to have a button that, when clicked, will copy the contents of a specific row and paste it into the next empty row of several subsequent ranges. Example: Range 1: B8:E12 Range 2: B20:E24 Range 3: B32:E36 There is text in B8 and a number in E8. I would like to click a button that will paste the information in B8 and E8 to the first empty rows in Ranges 2 and 3 (could be B20/E20 of Range 1 and B34/E34 of Range 2, and so on, depending on which row is empty in each range). See if this is what you're after. Sub CopyPasteTwoPlaces() ' Copies B8:E8 t...

Know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values?
Anybody know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values? You can add the Paste Values button to the toolbar: Choose Tools>Customize Click on the Commands tab Select the Edit category Scroll down the list of commands to find Paste Values Drag the Paste Values command to an existing toolbar Click Close Nanne wrote: > Anybody know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Clipboard
Hi, I am writing a program that uses a lot of color definitions, so I have built another "color-picker" program where you can click on a color and its RGB values will be known. This all works fine, although I want the text for the RGB macro to be copied to the clipboard when I click on a color, e.g. "RGB(192, 192, 192)" should be placed on the clipboard when I click on the gray area of the window so I can then paste it. I have got a CString to hold this value, however I can't get it into the clipboard. Whatever combination of the memory mapping functions I try ...

Pasting worksheet with embedded charts
I have a worksheet with a dozen or so embedded charts which all get their data from the worksheet. I want to copy the entire sheet, and paste it into a new sheet, including the charts. I can then replace the data and the charts will update. However, when I paste the sheet the charts still link back to the original sheet and I have to go through each one and change its individual source data to point to the new sheet. Is there any way (some sort of paste special?) to paste the whole worksheet, data and charts, and have the charts link to the new sheet automatically, so that I do not have to g...

Error Message: Cannot Empty the Clipboard
In Excel 2003, when I copy cells, I receive an error message that says "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" and am unable to paste the cells into any other application (e.g. Word). The clipboard appears to remain empty, though I am able to paste the contents of the copies to a different location in the same worksheet. Any thoughts on what the problem is or how to fix it? ...

Blocking Clipboard
I tried to search a bit and could not find anything on this. Has anyone else noticed behavior in which Outlook apparently empties the clipboard when a something new is opened? Here's an example i can reproduce at will: 1. In a mail message, copy some text to the clipboard. 2. Open a new contact. 3. Paste the copied text into the new contact memo field. Whenever I do this, nothing pastes. The clipboard is empty. If you switch steps 1 and 2, it works just fine. I am using Outlook 2003. I do not use the MSO multiple clipboard. Thanks. Perhaps it is an add-in for contacts installed whic...

Default "Paste Options"
Can anybody tell me how (or if it's possible) to set it so that Outlook (2003) keeps the source text only as the default paste option? I don't mind if it changes the default for other applications also. I've tried searching what I can on Smart Tags and haven't come up with the answer yet. Thanks! Did you have any luck with this? I am still getting the problem.... can only paste when set to plain text (text only not graphics) and when set to html i sometimes lose the clipboard, and only an attachment icon is shown. Thanks :) "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Cut and Paste issues
Is there someplace in the settings of excel 2003 sp1 where I can set cut and paste up to just do normal cut and paste instead of whatever it is that excel determines I want to do? For example. I want to cut the contents of one cell (text) and append it to the end of the contents in another cell. So, I highlight the cell with the contents I want to move and hit 'Cut'. Then I highlight the cell I want to append the data to, hit F2 and move the cursor to the spot I want the data inserted. And there is NO paste option. How can this be fixed? You need to 'cut' the data...

paste screenshot not as bitmap
When I paste a screenshot into outlook email, it can only paste as a bitmap, which ends up being huge, like 5+ MB. Is there a way to paste a screenshot as a PNG? Or have Outlook compress the image afterwards? I'm using Win 7 + Outlook 2007. If you save your screen shot as a jpg then you already reduced the size. Best is to upload the image to an image site and then post the link to the picture -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

Paste losing data after editing a cell
After editing any cell in Excel 2003 any data copied to the clipboard previously is apparently cleared and unable to be pasted again unless copied again. Is this working as designed? Yes, at least it's worked like that in Excel 97, 2000 & XP(2002). -- Ian -- "John M." <John M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:311EB8F5-F472-46B3-86DA-B38763A49101@microsoft.com... > After editing any cell in Excel 2003 any data copied to the clipboard > previously is apparently cleared and unable to be pasted again unless > copied > again. Is this workin...

How can I access the windows clipboard?
On closing a number of applications ask if I want to keep the data on my clipboard available for other applications. How can I look at the clipboard, either before or after closing down, to see what is available to me there? The Windows clipboard will contain the last thing you copied. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...