clipart won't print & Publisher crashing

Hi there

This is my first time posting to a group like this, and I'm not a
techybod, so please bear with me ...

I'm having problems printing clipart using Publisher 97 (from SBE
Office 97) on Windows XP Home Edition.

What happens is that each time we print something using Publisher,
everything will print out ok (including clipart) but we immediately get
the "a serious error has occurred and Publisher has to shut down"
message.

If you then go into Publisher again and print again, the clipart
doesn't print - there's just a blank space where the clipart should be
(although photos still print ok).  The clipart seems to be staying in
the publication ok, just not printing.  :-(

My husband says we've got the most recent drivers for our printer
(samsung ML1510) but when we looked at the driver details on the PC is
says that the driver is "not supported".

Any suggestions?  I really don't know what to do next, so any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards
ElizaB

Have you tried the compatibility feature? Does the clipart print in safe mode?

Maybe a re-install of the driver?
These drivers have a July 2005 timestamp
http://www.samsung.com/support/productsupport/download/Model_Select.aspx?type=Printer&typecode=15&subtype=Laser+Printer&cmssubtypecode=1501&model=ML-1510&filetype=DR&language=

It is always advisable to completely uninstall your present driver before
re-installing or installing a new driver.

Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web

How to clean up printer drivers

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"ElizaB" <google.groups@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> This is my first time posting to a group like this, and I'm not a
> techybod, so please bear with me ...
>
> I'm having problems printing clipart using Publisher 97 (from SBE
> Office 97) on Windows XP Home Edition.
>
> What happens is that each time we print something using Publisher,
> everything will print out ok (including clipart) but we immediately get
> the "a serious error has occurred and Publisher has to shut down"
> message.
>
> If you then go into Publisher again and print again, the clipart
> doesn't print - there's just a blank space where the clipart should be
> (although photos still print ok).  The clipart seems to be staying in
> the publication ok, just not printing.  :-(
>
> My husband says we've got the most recent drivers for our printer
> (samsung ML1510) but when we looked at the driver details on the PC is
> says that the driver is "not supported".
>
> Any suggestions?  I really don't know what to do next, so any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Kind regards
> ElizaB

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Outlook 2007
When I print an email that has tracking information tagged to it the email prints the tracking on a seperate page. Is there any way to print all the information on one page. Wrong forum! Please check with the Office forum http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "MWeiss141" wrote: > When I print an email that has tracking information tagged to it the email > prints the tracki...

Help! losing blocks of text in print/print preview
I've designed a lovely 9-page newletter. When I went to print, big blocks of text were missing all over the page! When I checked print preview, the blank spots are there also, but it looks great on the regular screen.. I checked all the other page, and the same thing is happening. What gives? tia Kate What version Publisher? Have you tried updating your printer driver? Go to the manufacturer's web page and look around. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Print Setup?
Hello, I am trying to print a simple interior for a top-fold card. I chose a top-fold card from the blank page options, and then customized the size to fit my card and saved it with a new name. When I work on the document, it has the two interior pages mirrored instead of having page 2 on the top and page 3 on the bottom. When I print, it prints page 2 upside-down, as if I were printing pages 1 & 4. I cannot find any place to change it. The print preview shows it like it will print, but in the document it is correct. I know a simple work-around would be to flip the text over, but s...

I want row 1 to show on the top of every printed page
I want row 1 to show up at the top of every printed page. Is there a way to change the formatting for that row to do that? Go to page set-up. Go to the "sheet" tab under print titles select your top row to go into the "rows to repeat at top". That should work! "SusanInAlaska" wrote: > I want row 1 to show up at the top of every printed page. Is there a way to > change the formatting for that row to do that? ...

Outlook 2010 Email open crashes Outlook
Upon opening the second (first is OK) Email, Outlook crashes and restarts. Same for third and fourth and etc. message. Only found in one of three instances (machines). All have similar software configurations. How to fix? What type of mail account (POP3, Exchange, IMAP)? If Exchange, what version? Are there any error messages when Outlook closes? Are PST's in use? If so, what version of Outlook were they created with? Have they been scanned for errors? Have you checked the Application Event Viewer for Outlook or Office related errors? If so, please post the eventID and s...

Strange crash.. class or vector problem

exel printing
can i print two sheets on one page? How do I do it? If I do print two sheets on one page will the column widths, heights. formatting, etc be maintained? Hi Miker Here is one way http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Miker" <Miker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3363C53D-9936-423D-80D1-B1DA95BCDE1E@microsoft.com... > can i print two sheets on one page? How do I do it? If I do print two > sheets on one page will the column widths, heights. formatting, etc be > maintained? ...

printing with freeze panes
I have columns A through AA with data. if I have a freeze on column be and slide to the right I can see columns A, B and AW, AX, AY, AZ how can I print what I am seeing - instead of hiding the columns B thru AU? If the range to print were contiguous (no gaps), then you could select the range and print the selected area. But since you have two areas, I think you'll have to hide those columns. If you have to do it lots of times, record a macro when you: hide the columns print unhide the columns Then you can rerun the macro whenever you want to do it again. jenn wro...

Print List of Open Stock Lots
How do I print a listing of the individual stock lots that I still have open in my account. I know how to print the aggregate of the lots as well as a listing of the transactions but this does not tell me which specific lots I have available for sale. Thanks for assistance. -Bruce In microsoft.public.money, Bruce wrote: >How do I print a listing of the individual stock lots that I still have open >in my account. I know how to print the aggregate of the lots as well as a >listing of the transactions but this does not tell me which specific lots I >have available for sale. ...

Clipart
Hello, I'm using Pub2002 and have inserted two cliparts into a blank publication. I would like to have both arts on top of each other, but with one of them in the back and the other in the foreground? Use the background option, view, master page (ctrl+m) or select the image, on the arrange menu, order, send to back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Humbertt" <mortolah@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01e501c360e9$12ad7570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, I'm using Pub2002 and have inserted two cliparts > into a blank publi...

Clipart in excel formulas
What's the best way to get a clipart image to show if a certian condition (answer) is met? Hi an easy solution would be to create a hyperlink to this image. e.g. =IF(A1=1,HYPERLINK("c:\temp\test.gif"),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Andyman wrote: > What's the best way to get a clipart image to show if a certian > condition (answer) is met? ...

how can I print on a 8.5 x 5.5 sized postcard?
We have pre-printed 8.5 x 5.5 sized postcards and I want to print something on the back through the printer and can't seem to be able to set it up to do one on a half sheet. Any ideas? Karen You need to set up the paper size in Publisher and in the printer driver. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Karen Kounter" <Karen Kounter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E1ADFA-8D3C-486C-9E57-BBB500326989@microsoft.com... > We have pre-printed 8.5 x 5.5 sized postcards and I want to print > something > on the back through the printer an...

Print duplicate CC Receipt
Does anyone know how I can get RMS to print a duplicate (2nd copy) receipt for credit card sales only, and not for other tenders. I can only find how to print duplicates for all sales. I am using ver 1.3 and a card swiper. Thanks! -- raj I install a lot of RMS Systems in Liquor Stores and this issue comes up on every installation. We also support another POS system and it can be selectively set to print receipts or not and the # to print by tender. This issue has been discussed many times in this group and I havae never seen a solution posted. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Business Ma...

Publishing subprojects without saving or publishing their master
Greetings, We recently discovered that you can highlight multiple projects from Project Server 2007 PWA's Project Center and open them all at once in Project 2007. When doing this, Project opens with a temporary (e.g Project1 or Project2, etc...) master project, with each of the selected projects as a subproject. This is great, since it allows project managers to filter/group/sort all of the projects, select the ones they want and then open them all at once to make changes across them, rather than trying to make the changes to one project at a time. What we can't curren...

Printing on glossy paper
I recently printed about 40 copies of a 4-page brochure (letter-size sheet folded down the middle and printed on both sides) that I created in Publisher 2003. I used HP glossy brochure paper on my HP inkjet printer. The brochures looked perfect when I packed them up for shipment. But by the time they reached their destination, some of the copies had smudges and bleed-throughs. Are there any printing or printer settings I should use to minimize the chances of this happening again? Thanks much, Brian Brian I personally use Canon because of the substantially superior control of printing and...

Max Row Height not long enough to print
How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height (409) print? Hi Dee You can use a text box from the Drawing tool -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9531E0F9-61F8-4226-9459-2478595CE814@microsoft.com... > How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height > (409) print? Thanks Ron, The only problem is that most of the cells will have this problem. :) Dee "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Dee > > You can use a text box from ...

downloadable clipart background
After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. -- Robindesigns RW wrote: > After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get > rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. ==================================== What program are you using for your document? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

how to disable cell printing
I need to do some kind of a form, and i want to block some filled wit text cells from printing, (i don't want this text witch is in thi cells to be printed, and i want the others cells to be printed) and can't find any option to disable cells from printing. Pls hel .:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com hi there's no such option. You have to do this within a macro 8e.g. set the font color to white) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rozczochrany >" <<rozczochrany.19r8ec@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:rozcz...

How do you open a Word document in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to import a Word document into Publisher 2003 and everytime I do so, the publication shows a blank page. Any ideas? Do a copy/paste special. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "skeet" <skeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA26E2D-BB59-4117-B8E0-C41127CD0B38@microsoft.com... >I am trying to import a Word document into Publisher 2003 and everytime I do > so, the publication shows a blank page. Any ideas? ...

Printing a Chart with a Text Box
I am trying to print out a chart with a text box labeling a specific data point. If I select the entire sheet to print, the data, the chart, and the text box will print. However, when I select only the chart to print (which is what I want), the text box remains with the sheet, and does not appear with the chart. I believe this is an issue with "background/foreground", so I grouped the chart and the text box together, but this still did not work. Is there any advice out there? Thanks. You didn't add the textbox to the chart, you added it to the sheet. If you prin...

Print multiple invoice from data
Want to know how ... Say I have 10 data each row (A1 : A10) with Invoice No, Company Info etc Currently I have to copy and paste data row to one specific row tha was linked to Invoice worksheet, then I go to Invoice sheet and prin that invoice, and come back to data worksheet copy and paste a new ro of data to that specific row. Is there a simpler way to auto print 10 invoices by just one prin command in Invoice sheet after I told excel the data rows are in cel range (A1 : G10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just record a macro to do it and then you can see what happen...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

Publisher can't "see" network printer
Working with 55MB Publisher 2002 file, Windows XP Pro on a small peer/peer network. Attempting to print to a Kyocera- Mita C1530 color printer with Fiery server/spooler. If I print a file in Word, works OK. Shifting to Pub2002 and the large file, it may print once and then the printer shows as "printer not found" on the Fax/Printer Windows page. Strange thing is that the web spooler (in Internet Explorer) still "sees" the printer, and I can launch print jobs from the Kyocera-Mita server (but not from the computer under Pub2002). What is causing this issue? That is...

my Excel chart doesn't print as it appears on print preview
my Excel chart doesn't print out to fit the page as it apppears to do on print preview. It always comes out shrunk in size. Take a look at Page Setup and adjust it to get what you want. "Doug 1014" <Doug 1014@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCE3AC95-13EA-4418-891C-0D79A84EECCE@microsoft.com... > my Excel chart doesn't print out to fit the page as it apppears to do on > print preview. It always comes out shrunk in size. I have done this several times both by using % reduction to make it fit and also using "fit to page", still com...

Printing
When using Excel. Is it possible to set the print range for several tabs at once. The commands to format and enter data into multiple tabs does not work for setting print ranges. Excel does not allow you to set a printrange across multiple worksheets if thats what you mean by tabs "Pete Savoie" <psavoie@sptimes.com> wrote in message news:099101c3b073$d4aed0e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When using Excel. Is it possible to set the print range > for several tabs at once. The commands to format and > enter data into multiple tabs does not work for setting > print ran...