Clipart Woe -- how to refresh location

How can I refresh the path to the clipart gallery for the
clipart files?

I have moved the clipart from a network location to the
local harddrive and rebuild the artgal50.mmc file, but the
gallery still looks to the network location??

Help is greatly appreciated, because searching the MS
resources is drivining me nuts

Nigel
0
nfarn3 (1)

Nigel, they are coming to take you away, take you away.  If you hear a knock
on the front door, do not open it as it may be the fine gentlemen with a
while jacket with straps on.

Nigel, you are driving us nuts not telling us what version of Windows and
Publisher you are using.

donotknock (1941)
10/21/2003 8:12:56 AM
In a default local installation the file Cag.exe should be installed in C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry
It is the Cag.exe that opens the Gallery. You can put a shortcut on your desktop and
open it from there, you won't be able to insert but you can drag and drop.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"nfarn3@eq.edu.au" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I refresh the path to the clipart gallery for the
> clipart files?
>
> I have moved the clipart from a network location to the
> local harddrive and rebuild the artgal50.mmc file, but the
> gallery still looks to the network location??
>
> Help is greatly appreciated, because searching the MS
> resources is drivining me nuts
>
> Nigel

0
laserdog (1122)

data not refreshed until close the form
I have a SearchForm. One button to open AddForm. After add a record and close AddForm, I cannot use SearchForm to locate the newly added record until I close and re-open SearchForm. Same is true when Delete. On the SearchForm, I have a Delete button to delete a record. Combo Box search box on SearchForm still can see #Deleted until I close SearchForm and re-open to see #Delete is gone. Is there a way to refresh data without close and re-open SearchForm? Thanks. You need to Requery the RecordSet to remove the #Deleted messages and pick up any new records. Song Su wrote: >I have ...

Clearing Location Bar in Calendar
Does anyone know how to delete items from the location bar in calendar? I am talking about the drop down bar when you are making an appointment Check out http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/clearlocation.htm "Joel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2466201c45f5f$dfad60b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to delete items from the location bar > in calendar? I am talking about the drop down bar when you > are making an appointment ...

Clipart
Hello, I'm using Pub2002 and have inserted two cliparts into a blank publication. I would like to have both arts on top of each other, but with one of them in the back and the other in the foreground? Use the background option, view, master page (ctrl+m) or select the image, on the arrange menu, order, send to back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Humbertt" <mortolah@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01e501c360e9$12ad7570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, I'm using Pub2002 and have inserted two cliparts > into a blank publi...

Clipart #10
When I installed Publisher 2007 it did not download any of the clipart in task pane. When I try to download JPG files from Microsoft site I get this message "Item not collected. Format not supported by Office Clipboard." How do I rectify both problems. -- lindaorinda Download the clip rather than copy. The clip will automatically go into your Organizer. Office 2007 did not ship with much clipart, you have to be online to collect clips. Open the Clip Organizer, Insert, picture, clipart, click Organizer clips... When the Organizer opens, File, Add Clips to Organizer. The Organ...

Button
Hi guys I have a file which is a template. This file is read only, and is an Excel sheet What I want to do, is place a button on the sheet. When the button is pressed, a box appears asking for todays day in format: DD.MM.YYYY (Ideally, if it could automatically set the date, this would be a bonus.... ) The locationg I want the button to save is: c:/documents/files How can I do this? On the assumption that the filename will ALWAYS be today, then you ca use this module. (Alt-F11, insert->Module) Dim rightnow Dim thefilename Dim theday Dim themonth Dim theyear Sub SaveTonight() rig...

GroupShield 6 woes
Here's a list of problems i've experienced with GS6 since installing on our SBS2003 server. Some have been resolved, but others remain outstanding with NAI. 1. Wouldn't install from exe file - required a command line to run 2. When file filtering set to block compressed files except ZIPs, it still blocks zips - outstanding with NAI. 3. When blocking of RTF files is selected, it strips out ALL notes, calendar entires, task entries, contact notes etc from Outlook 2003, even though this is NOT email - outstanding with NAI. 4. No default file blocking rules set - even for known vul...

Clipart in excel formulas
What's the best way to get a clipart image to show if a certian condition (answer) is met? Hi an easy solution would be to create a hyperlink to this image. e.g. =IF(A1=1,HYPERLINK("c:\temp\test.gif"),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Andyman wrote: > What's the best way to get a clipart image to show if a certian > condition (answer) is met? ...

Can't get Pop email from one location!
I have a strange situation - One of our users has an intermittent problem. On occasion she can't get logged into her exchange POP account from home. I can create her account on my Outlook and can get her email at my home office. I put my account on her Outlook and I cannot get connected either. The error says the server was found BUT no response from the server! Any Ideas? Thanks ...

downloadable clipart background
After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. -- Robindesigns RW wrote: > After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get > rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. ==================================== What program are you using for your document? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

inbox refreshing
In Outlook 2002 my inbox is not refreshing automatically with new mail. I have to select another folder i.e. sent items and then come back to the inbox and then new mail shows up. Does anybody have any ideas what's causing this problem and a fix for it? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 If you're running at Outlook version 10.0.2915 or later (check Help |About Microsoft Outlook), you should already have the required files; you should just need to apply the registry work mentioned. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ ...

Office XP: Excel & Word slow to open files located on a Windows2000 Network
Our Office XP Excel & Word files take about 10-12 seconds to open from any Network drive location. Any other type of files, including MS Access, open instantly. PDF files, text files, etc. all operate normally. I just recently updated Office XP with all available updates per MS with no change to the problem. Problems seem to have started around 12/25/2003. Open the Windows Task Manager by hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete and see what application is hogging all your CPU usage. The fix depends on what application is the culprit. Anti-virus software could be the reason. "Barry" <b...

AutoDL Woes....
I have tried to install AutoDL for Exchange 2000 using the white paper from Microsoft. After completing all the instructions I tried accessing AutoDL via the web and i received the following error: The Account <Domain\User_name> Is Not Recognized by the AutoDL System I have the resolutions offered by Microsoft from their Knowledge Base Article (324816). Still no luck. Any suggestions. Mark Stout ...

"Refreshing" functions when spreadsheet opens
The following code allows me to type =fOSUserName() in a cell and the name of the current logged on user is displayed. When someone else opens the spreadsheet, the name of the last person who opened the spreadsheet appears (not the current user as I thought) in the cell until the function is copied to a new cell, when the current logged on user's name appears in the new cell. Is there any F9-type way to refresh cells so that functions are refreshed when the spreadsheet is opened? Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByV...

How do I create my own clipart?
I have my own design that I would like to turn into clipart. How can I do that? Did you make the design in Publisher? What version? In 2002-03, select all the objects, right-click, click save as a picture. Save using .wmf or .emf. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike G." <MikeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAE37EEF-8D79-4129-8DAE-0DC3A70EF641@microsoft.com... >I have my own design that I would like to turn into clipart. How can I do > that? ...

locate duplicates by sing conditional formatting--doesn't work for
Anybody have an idea why I get an error message "Cannot use conditional formatting for arrays...constants..." when I try to set up the conditional formatting in the first cell in the row I'll be searching for duplicate entries? I am following step by step the MS Assistance article's instructions for finding duplicates using the COUNTIF function. Perhaps there's a work-around or another way to find duplicate data within cells in a row (not duplicate records , though). Thanks. Post the formula that gives you the error -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pl...

Clipart
Hi, When I attempt to insert clipart via word / powerpoint, I get the message "Datebase Open Failure- Attempt to open database file Clip Gallery User Database Failed". I am using OSX and Microsoft Office 2004...it worked before... Sounds like a file has become corrupted. Use the 'remove office' utility at /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/Remove Office to remove all the application files, then re-install from the CD. Don't forget to apply all updates using the Office Update function after re-installing. -- Barry Wainwright Microsoft...

Cliparts disappeard?
When I tried to insert cliparts, normally selections of cliparts would be appeared after the search at left panel. For some reasons, it didn't happen all sudden and what I got as return was those on web, which don't even show images. (just crazy file names) I reinstall Publisher 03 just in case, but didn't change. This never happend before and I searched different keywords, like dog, flower etc. Could you help? I'm having a problem thats a little like yours. I used to select my clip art then un-group it so that I could customize it. Now when I try to un-group it, it just d...

2 versions 2 locations
ms office is installed in 2 locations on my computer (i'm the only = user). =20 10.1.0 is in my applications folder, and 10.1.4 is in my macintosh HD. =20 all my office programs seem to be run from the HD--they're all 10.1.4. =20 should i replace the folder in apps with the current one from the HD,=20 leave both where they are, delete the one in the apps folder and = continue=20 to run from the HD? thanks for any advice. In article <1511501c419e3$f4e8e1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ms office is installed in 2 locations on my com...

PopUp Form opening location
Where do I control or set the location a popup form opens to? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:21:18 -0700, Dave wrote: > Where do I control or set the location a popup form opens to? > > Any help here will be appreciated. > > Thanks in advance > You could code the form's Open event: Docmd.MoveSize 2* 1440, 4 * 1440 which will open the form 2 inches from the left screen edge and 4 inches down from the top. All measurement's are in Twips, 1440 per inch. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not ...

Pivot Changes when refreshed with the same data
Hello , I am just not able to find out why my data is changing. I had created a Pivot from a dataset. The numbers matched. I saved it. When I opened the pivot after a couple of days , I added a conditonal FLAG column in the dataset so that I could bring that condition to the Pivot. I only refresh the Pivot to get the new variable name added, however most of the data changes, I do not why. Numbers are intact, and fearing I would lose the effort I do not save it. I close it and open the original file. When I double click on any cell of column I get around 80 rows. When I refresh it and doubl...

Objects: Clipart
I have a user that is missing Microsoft ClipArt as a option when selecting Objects on the Outlook toolbar. She does have Clips, but not Clipart. Everyone else in her group shows the ClipArt option. She can access clipart from WORD, Excel, Powerpoint, but not Outlook. ...

Refreshing data in Excel from SQL
I have imported data from SQL, and I have added some columns to the spreadsheet. When I try to re-fresh the spreadsheet, it does not import any current or new data. ** however when I create a new tab, and import again, the data is current. I need to create the same calculations in different tabs (worksheets)and use filtering by date and by client type, to produce a usage report. .. You may want to try SQL*XL. SQL*XL is an addin that allows full database access from Excel. You can query, insert or update queried data. SQL*XL has a requery button. It requeries all select statements ...

Change DB location
Hey i know where to change DB location, but is there any things i should watch for or do in preparing to change the location of my exchange DB!! 2003 exchange!! I put it on C: which i should have put it on D: which has all the disk space!! Thanks Kidem wrote: > Hey i know where to change DB location, but is there any things i should > watch for or do in preparing to change the location of my exchange DB!! 2003 > exchange!! > > I put it on C: which i should have put it on D: which has all the disk > space!! > > Thanks > > There are tons of things t...

How do I insert clipart on a label sheet with the clipart the sam.
I want to make name tags(label - 8 per page) for an event adding clipart to the name tag and putting a different name on each name tag. How can I do this? I am using MSPublisher 2002. Leslie Anne wrote: || I want to make name tags(label - 8 per page) for an event adding || clipart to the name tag and putting a different name on each name || tag. How can I do this? I am using MSPublisher 2002. Your best route would be to use a mail merge. Check out the following link for the way it works: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=92 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP...

Locate Customer By field
Why does the locate customer by field in the cash receipts not automatically mark/apply the invoice you entered? I think this would be a nice feature in future releases. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commun...