clip art appears invisible in Microsoft Publisher documents

When I insert clip art or pictures in Microsoft Publisher, I can't see the
clipart/picture in the document.  The picture will print out but when I'm
designing the document I can't see the clipart/picture.  Why is this?
0
ld23 (2)

View, pictures, detailed display...

If this isn't the solution, you may need to upgrade your video driver.
Do this to see if the driver is indeed the problem
Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings
tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab...

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ld23" <ld23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert clip art or pictures in Microsoft Publisher, I can't see the
> clipart/picture in the document.  The picture will print out but when I'm
> designing the document I can't see the clipart/picture.  Why is this?

0
gsauer (5093)
10/3/2005 3:53:27 PM
The pictures show up after I slid the accelerator down.  Does that mean that
I need to upgrade my video driver?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> View, pictures, detailed display...
>
> If this isn't the solution, you may need to upgrade your video driver.
> Do this to see if the driver is indeed the problem
> Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings
> tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "ld23" <ld23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I insert clip art or pictures in Microsoft Publisher, I can't see the
> > clipart/picture in the document.  The picture will print out but when I'm
> > designing the document I can't see the clipart/picture.  Why is this?

0
ld23 (2)
10/3/2005 6:07:01 PM
Yes, usually that is the solution. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics
card and look for an upgraded driver.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> The pictures show up after I slid the accelerator down.  Does that mean that
> I need to upgrade my video driver?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> View, pictures, detailed display...
>>
>> If this isn't the solution, you may need to upgrade your video driver.
>> Do this to see if the driver is indeed the problem
>> Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder,
>> settings
>> tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab...
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "ld23" <ld23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I insert clip art or pictures in Microsoft Publisher, I can't see the
>> > clipart/picture in the document.  The picture will print out but when I'm
>> > designing the document I can't see the clipart/picture.  Why is this?

0
gsauer (5093)

Files Corrupted - Won't Open
I am starting to see more and more publisher files corrupted I think? I cannot open the stupid things.. :-p I tried please... it still refused! The nerv! Each time I open the files Publisher Crashes without evening loading the document. It's a vicious loop! I've tried opening the document in safe mode, still fails. I tried not showing the pictures, at first it works. But after saving, closing, and trying to open again publisher crashes. I even tried with one file deleting all image objects that I could discern. Still after saving and closing it began crashing publisher again. ...

Clear resent Documents
Hi, When you click on the Office button on the right hand side it give you a list of Resent Douments. Is there a way to clear the resent documnets? Steve, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck with Word questions in a newsgroup that deals with Word. I think you mean Files... "Recent" documents, not Resent. Go to Tools/Options/General, and uncheck the... Recently Used File List: -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net...

How can I create my own calendar in Publisher?
I once had a print out on how to create your own calendar in Publisher. I need to create a calendar that is two rows of six months each. It is to go on my keyboard hand rest so it must be narrow. I am using Microsoft XP. Thanks. Small 2006 calendar here, might work for you http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SummerLoverNan" <SummerLoverNan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56814E5C-C7BE-4218-ADA7-79E6F0D3B9AA@microsoft.com... >I once had...

How do I get a publisher template for A7 envelope?
I need a template for A7 envelope and A4 envelope Donna Gracon wrote: > I need a template for A7 envelope and A4 envelope There is no such thing as an "A7 envelope" or an "A4 envelope" because those are paper sizes - when referencing envelopes you should use the correct prefix, which is 'C'. Do you really mean "C7" by the way because it's not a standard size and, if it was a typo and you meant 'C6' Publisher already has those. And I don't see why you're having problems with C4 - just use an A4 sheet, design and print. I do it...

Why are graphics invisible in Publisher?
So I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of office (the repair function wouldn't work) and my graphics still won't appear in Publisher (other than those created with a wmf format, Gif, Tiff, JPEG all are invisible). I've double checked the picture/view feature, and this is clicked correctly. They were there one day, gone the next. If you click "hide pictures" on the picture/view function, it will at least outline the areas where the graphics are. The graphics appear on other machines. Any other ideas on fixing my machine? It is probably your video driver, ...

How do I have Bar Codes appear in Excel?
I am creating an inventory spreadsheet for my workplace. I wanted to list the products as well as list their respective UPC/Bar codes. I am not sure how make them appear as the actual bar codes. Max See this, Max: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/fonts_and_barcodes_in_microsoft_office.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70974265-E468-4D8A-9946-53EF8ACA1329@microsoft.com... >I am creating an inventory spreadsheet for my workplace. I wanted to list > the products as well as list their respe...

Is there no eraser on M Publisher?
I want to an eraser tool on Publisher and it does not seem to exist. Anyone know where to look. Gather with the mouse and delete. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:251EE9AD-4EB4-4D38-B0FF-D1B33743EBC5@microsoft.com... >I want to an eraser tool on Publisher and it does not seem to exist. >Anyone > know where to look. Publisher isn't a raster graphics/image editor so you won't find an eraser. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "fred" &l...

Error on Publish
I am trying to publish changes to a dropdown box in CRM and get the following error "Publishing Completed with Errors. Please Check thr application log for details" App log states "PopulateStringMap Error : Input string was not in a correct format. , StackTrace : at System.Number.ParseUInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.PopulateStringMap(Object Progress) " Thank in advance Bryan, Have you used any strange characters in your picklists values, or a very long value? The applicat...

Publisher 2003 Printing Issue
Hi, My client has Office 2003 SP3 installed under WinXP SP2. They are having trouble with printing a newsletter from Publisher. The publication is an 8-page newsletter in "booklet" form. Each page is 8 1/2 by 11. The printer is a Konica copier with large-format (11x17) and duplex capabilities. Everything works fine when the user prints the entire booklet to the printer. They get one booklet ready to fold. One sheet of paper has pages 1, 2, 7, and 8. The "inside" sheet has pages 2, 3, 4., and 5. However, the user needs to be able to print several hundred copies of each...

Publisher product registration
When registering the above product I in error typed a wrong digit in my e-amail address, there was no retype to check this. Does anyone know how I can correct this now? Thanks It doesn't really matter. Registration is optional. If you REALLY want more email, visit Microsoft's site. There's a place where you can get enrolled in various newsletter options. I used to get them but found them less than helpful. I hoped for more content, less fluff. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John R L" <John R L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Question: Access & Publisher??
Hi out there... I've an Access database (some data is names/addresses/etc)... and a Publisher template (with 8-10 Styles). I want to make a phone directory. I've tried googling "Access to Publisher"... and came back with alot of Access->Word hits... Didn't come up with anything useful on Publisher-FROM-Access either. Can someone point me to where I should start?? Thanks in advance, Steve What version Publisher? In earlier versions you can use a straightforward mail merge. In Publisher 2003-07 Catalog Merge would be good. Publisher recognizes Access databa...

Publisher 2007/Vista
I am trying to print (HP officejet P145) 4 different files, each single A4 page landscape, from Microsoft publisher (office suite 2007) newsletter. Most times it will just spew out several pages of blank paper only. Another time I left it “printing” overnight with nil result by morning, and jammed the system up & I had to reboot to clear. I have had success with one file - it printed satisfactorily once, but on subsequent attempts to print the same file it has just spewed out 11 blank pages! I watched the occasions it spewed out paper on the Control Panel - the print file size was o...

How do I get more font choices in publisher there are only 11 to .
I am wanting to design a web store and there are only 11 fonts to choose from in publisher Why? and How do I get more? How many fonts are on your system? Do you only have 11? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B55589D-C67B-4387-82AA-C2909B153AB0@microsoft.com... >I am wanting to design a web store and there are only 11 fonts to choose >from > in publisher Why? and How do I get more? Sorry, but it is my understanding that Pub 2003 only allows 'web friendly' fonts for web site de...

How can I import a publisher file into another publisher file?
I have numerous publisher files that I would like to combine into one large publisher file. How can I do this without cutting and pasting? I have tried the import text option as well, but it messes up the formatting and locations of images, etc. I hope you can help me. Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have numerous publisher files that I would like to combine into one > large publisher file. How can I do this without cutting and pasting? > I have tried the import text option as well, but it messes up the > formatting and locati...

Runtime error '2450' Microsoft Office Access...
...can't find the form, 'frmRptStores' referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code. I definitely have the form, 'frmRptStores' amongst my forms. In fact, DoCmd. OpenForm "frmRptStores" successfully opens the form. But the following line fails: Set Frm = Forms("frmRptStores") The frm variable is set as follows: Dim Frm As New Access.Form Any help would be appreciated -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Bill, Your form frmRptStores ne...

Mail Merge in Publisher
I am trying to add a merdged field into publisher from an Access database. The format for the field is currency. When merged it does not pick up the formatting and gives only one decimal place. Tried using format fixed to 2 dp but still no joy. Can anyone tell me why I can't use a query as a data source - tried all the tools by no options in Publisher. I'm using Pub2000 on a XP OS. Any response would be appreciated, I'm pulling my hair (what's left of it) out Steve W ...

Merging Visio Documents
I have several visio documents that I would like to merge into a single document. Is there a way to do this besides cut and paste? There is no built-in functionality to merge several Visio documents into one single doc. Cut and Paste is one way. Using XML might be another way. -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Debra Holloway" <debraholloway@uclalumni.net> wrote in message news:e3I2vV9cDHA.4020@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have several visio documents that I would like to merge into a single > docu...

Increase the level of documentation for VAT Daybook
VAT Daybook should include in its documentation a list of steps on how to deal with setting up VAT Daybook, where the customer is using a Language/ Country install other than UK. Also increase the level of providing an updated list of VAT Daybook report for other country/region that is not within the GP standard install. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

Location of Microsoft Access 2003 Custom designed Toolbar file
Where is the Microsoft Access Custom Toolbar (the one I have created icons on) located on the hard drive? What is the actual file name Thanks! There is no particular file. If you create a custom menu/tool bar, then that is contained with the database... The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database window etc). Also, using these options means you do not have to bother setting up security. Try downloading ...

Launching Microsoft Outlook #2
I upgraded from windows me to xp everytime I attempt to launch outlook erroe message reads"vim32.dll can not be located what do I do? ...

Release Candidate of Office 2010 vs.Microsoft Office 2010 Beta
Is this the same product? Microsoft Office 2010 Beta http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx Release Candidate build of Office 2010 http://connect.microsoft.com/office I can't figure out how to get this one. "Release Candidate" is the name given to a late-stage beta of a product, typically the last beta version before the final release. All the caveats of beta software also apply to a Release Candidate (and Microsoft is very clear about this.) Daddy "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819AF240...

sending ppp txt to word document
I have a multislide presentation. I'm trying to send the text to Microsoft Word. The operation works fine, except for the fact that some of the text will not transfer. It is as if text on certian slides is protected or soemthing. If I'm in the individual slide, I can selcet the text without a problem. I would simply do this were it not for the fact that I need to transfer text from more than 40 seperate presenations, each with 30-60 slides. Help! You can set slides to be hidden in PowerPoint - you have an option to hide slides in the slide sorter view. Check to see if t...

How do I insert the filename in Publisher doc?
I am trying to insert the filename field in the footer of my Publisher 2003 template and cannot figure how to do it. Can anyone help? Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to insert the filename field in the footer of my > Publisher 2003 template and cannot figure how to do it. Look up the name of your file, and then type it into the footer. (There is no automagic way to do this) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:46:42 +0100, Ed Bennett wrote (in article <O#8i$vqoFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...

Way to Specify Graphic Size before inserting in Publisher?
In Microsoft Word, when I want to insert a picture, I first insert a text box, about the size and place I want the picture to be in the document, then with the cursor in that text box, do the insert picture command. The picture ends up sized within the presized box, of course to its own aspect ratio. I format the text box without a border, no line. (Strange that it has to be a "text box", as there is no text in the box, but I don't know of any similar pre-sizable frame for pictures. If there is one, please let me know.) (Or any other suggestions for specifying at least the approx...

Booklet problems in Publisher
I've created a booklet in publisher and when I print-the pages does not appear how I want it to appear. Example: the first & last page is the title and back of booklet but pages 2-23 are not in order when I print & wehn I fold there's blank pages on the left hand side of the booklet. Please help this is due today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Print one entire set. Take it to a reputable copy center. They will know how to assemble the booklet for printing. "Narcissus45" <Narcissus45@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8028B5B4-5CC3-4379-82A7-288E8E968FF4@mi...