Circular text

How do I create circular text?
0
gardener (4)

Circular Logging #5
I have a Exchange 2000 server with circular logging turned ON. If I do a nightly FULL backup then circular logging being ON should not really matter, right? We do not do incremental or differentail backups. thanks Well, consider the following. You backup at midnight. Your server fails at 2pm and you lose your database drive. With circular logging on, you can only recover your system back to the state it was in at midnight, i.e. you lose emails from midnight to 2pm. Best practice is to ensure circular logging is off. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...

XmlTextReader problem with & in element text
I have an XSD defined as the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element name="Application"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ReceivedDate" type="xs:string"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> </xs:schema> I have the following XML I am validating against the XSD: <Appl...

How to display a text file dynamically?
I need to show a large text file ( <10M) to users in a dialog. Meanwhile, the file is being appened with more data by a seperate process. I have little experience with MFC. I guess I should use RichEditCtrl for this case. But I'm not sure if I should use SetDlgItemText(..) to send file content to the control. This is Question 1. Secondly, I'd like send only the newly appended part of the file to the control for every refresh, instead of the whole file everytime. Are there any existing functions/mechanisms in MFC for this purpose? By the way, I have to use VC++ for the project (no...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

Headers and repeated text
I am trying to understand the difference between text put in a header and what I call “repeated text”. On one of Publisher’s Newsletter templates, you can change the “Newsletter Title” on the first page and it automatically changes the title on the inside page. Same with the Volume # and Issue # of the newsletter. When I CTRL M to go the master page though, I see nothing. Are the repeated text boxes “headers”, and if so, shouldn’t they appear on the master page? Can anyone please direct me to a tutorial or other way I can clear this up? Te “repeated text” boxes in the template seem...

What's the best free pdf to text or rtf converter?
Can't convert with free version of Foxit Reader, works well to read the new format pdf's, but does not convert to text free-pdf-to-word-converter.exe 588KB Free PDF to RTF Converter 1.5 seems to reorganize the simplest of pdf's For example a numbered list of text ends up with all the numbers AFTER each entry! I think I tried pdf2Wordsetup.exe 1,103KB and it was worse So, what free pdf to text, or to doc or to rtf works the best on Win98FE? Robert Robert A. Macy wrote: > Can't convert with free version of Foxit Reader, works well to read > the...

Changing Text Color?
First of all, is this even possible in MSVC.NET? I'm writing a roguelike, and would really like to be able to make multicolored text. "Jordan Tiona" <torahteen@comcast.net> wrote in message news:hamdnXZUtf94p1reRVn-vw@comcast.com... > First of all, is this even possible in MSVC.NET? I'm writing a roguelike, > and would really like to be able to make multicolored text. This depends on what you mean by multicolor text... If you mean multiple colors within the same control, like the color coding within the IDE, you will need to draw and color the text yours...

Save Text to File
Hi, I have a very long string that has Line Feeds (Char-10) already in it. It could easily have close to a 1000 lines. Is there a way to just save the string to a text file or do I have to parse the string into lines and write each one individually? I guess I should also ask what the max length of a string could be in Excel 2003 VBA but I can probably find that out with a google search. Thanks for any advice Mike Zz Strings in VBA can be up to 32,768 which is the maximum nuimber oif character in a cell, although in a cell you can only see the 1st 1024. -- joel --...

Outlook 2007
Hi I have a problem with my outlook 2007 install on Vista Ultimate SP1. I get sent lots of information in plain text emails. It appears as if there is an extra blank line inserted between each line of text now. However - if I forward the email and try to place the cursor on these lines I can't - its like the line spacing for plain text emails has increased. The same email received by another client - looks ok. The same email in outlook web access - looks ok. So its just a visual thing on my machine. HTML emails look fine. Any ideas? Problem only appeared in the last few days. Befor...

Change SSN to text
I've read the various messages about how to remove the "-" in a list of SSNs, using the replace command, but I cannot get it to work. I have a list of SSNs that I need to convert to a string......222-22-2222 needs to be 222222222. Can someone help me? This should do it. =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") "New2EKU" wrote: > I've read the various messages about how to remove the "-" in a list of SSNs, > using the replace command, but I cannot get it to work. I have a list of > SSNs that I need to convert to a string.......

macro convert text
How can I quick convert with a macro my range text? ex column A B C D E F 2 row 12.54 45.28 74 33:20 1:52:35 8:45 convert "." with "," convert ":" with "." and if number have 2 value 74 add 00 and text time 33:20 add 0 and text time 8:45 add 0:0 result 12,54 45,28 74,00 0.33.20 1.52.35 0.08.45 many thanks ...

Linking Text (Data) between worksheets
I would assume this is possible, its just getting the right method fo the problem, Worksheet one has many fields of data, making a large worksheet, ther are some fileds in the worksheet that are text only, and these tex only fields can be long. Is it possible to link textual data fro worksheet to worksheeet, (here's the catch) and when requested to prin the data that relates to the original worksheet. e.g. worksheet one has numerical data & textual data, i want to remove the textual data, so worksheet two has the textual data and worksheet one has th numerical data. I dont want t...

Sending plain text to single domain
We are trying to setup Exchange 2003 to send messages to a particular domain in plain text format regardless of what the Outlook client is setup to use. I have done the following: Exchange System Manager>Global Settings>Internet Message Formats>Right-click, New, Domain. I am testing this with my gmail account so I enter "Gmail.com" as the domain name. Under Message Format, I have selected MIME and "Provide message body as plain text". Character sets are US ASCII. On the advanced tab, Exchange Rich Text and word-wrap are set to "Never Use." H...

Wrapping Text in text box
I've tried everything! Can someone look at this page and help me with wrapping the text. Instead of one continues line I'd like it to start a new line once it reaches the end of the test box. Should I try making it an ..aspx? Thanks in advance!!! http://www.restingtributes.com/Guest%20Book.htm Others opinions may differ, but I can't see how you can change what the user enters. If it was your own text, I would suggest trying the CRLF char.- #&10; has worked for me in an alert box -- Trevor Lawrence Canberra Web Site http://trevorl.mvps.org "Richard&...

Troubleshooting distance from text
I have used: format picture > layout > square > both sides > distance from text is 0.3 and saved changes. But when I open the document again it has changed back to "automatic" 0.1 distance from text. How do I make sure it stays on 0.3? Using Publisher 2002 on Windows 2000. I can't duplicate your issue. Are you using .wmf images or a bitmap? What happens if you delete the image and insert a fresh copy? Are you using a pre-designed template? Are all your publications behaving the same way? Have you tried detect and repair? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...

Setting child text value to custom property on parent in grouped s
Have a shape that is comprised of a group of two shapes, a text field and an image. On the parent shape I have a custom property field with “Ask on drop” toggled on. Is it possible to set the value of the child text field to be the entered value of the parent custom property field? If so, how do I do this? TIA Hi UKD, You need enter a more complicated formula in the Insert > Field dialog -- the sub-shape's text needs to do a "cross-sheet refernence" to get to the group's prop-value. Try this: 1. Get the group's SheetID by selecting the group, choosing For...

Turn off warnings but still print them to text file
Hi, Is there a way to turn off the warnings, but still print them to a text file(log)? -Ben "Ben8765" <Ben8765@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6884B5FE-1448-431C-A92A-6F803FA87BF1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to turn off the warnings, but still print them to a text > file(log)? You mean the warnings about "You are about to append/delete n records"? You can't log that information without programming for it specially. If it's information from executing action queries via RunSQL, you can use the...

column of text cells
I have a column of country names entered as text, and I need to graph the number of occurances of each country. Help please! Got it. Thanks anyway! ...

adding global text to a new field
I'd like to add a field to my Outlook contact list titled "E-news" with either a "yes" or "no" option only in that field. I know how to add a new field, but is their a function where I can automatically have the new field in every record show "yes" then i can go back and manually change it to "no" when appropriate? Thanks! You'd have to do that with a custom form. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode...

How to get text from the VC editor from within an Add-In?
I have created an add-in by use of the Add-In wizard for the Visual C+ + 6.0 enviroment. I now need this add-in to access the line of code that is at the current cursor point. I have searched through MSDN on the microsoft web site and have found that it may have something to do with the Application object, but the code that the wizard has produced does not include this object (and all the examples are in VB which does not help!). Can anyone help me?? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:59:35 -0800 (PST), Ricky <ricky2m_1974@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >I have created an add-in by use of the Add-In wi...

Shifting text boxes
I currently creating a course manual for students in Publisher. I have designed a template where I have left an outside margin for notes etc on both pages, and thus my main text box only covers 2/3 of the page. My problem is when the text boxes shifting around everytime I insert a page into the document - the whole document obviously gets shifted around. Is there any way where the text boxes can shift with the changing template or do I have to move them all manually in an 80 page plus document.... The only other solution was to keep adding 2 pages, but I don't always have enou...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

Disappearing Text
Hi. All my new and existing mail in Outlook Express has the subject line and the from populated, but the body of the message won't come up. We get the hourglass and it never goes away. Any ideas? Please email answers to kevinbrand@earthlink.net. Thanks Kevin Hi, Start --> Run --> Regsvr32 inetcomm.dll Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1284e01c41826$c0787480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. All my new and existing mail in Outlook Express has > the subject line and the from populate...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...