Changing the dpi setting when saving a file as a jpg

does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
change the setting?

Thanks,

Lisette
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi Lisette (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
|| to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
|| to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
|| dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
|| change the setting?

You need to be using Publisher 2003.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/8/2004 6:34:12 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
> to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
> to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
> dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
> change the setting?

If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).

Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/8/2004 8:19:18 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Brian
Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com>!"...
> You need to be using Publisher 2003.

I would tend to assume she is using Publisher 2003, as Publisher 2002 did
not support 150dpi.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/8/2004 8:19:49 PM
I actually am using Microsoft 2002 - and I don't know how
it is 150 dpi (that is what the printer told me when I
sent it to her).  I wanted to see if there is a way that
I can convert the file to a jpg at 300 dpi - but when
I "save as" and use the jpg option it does not allow you
to choice the dpi.  I am going to try and use the pdf
program that you mentioned and if not I will get back to
you.

I assume that if I buy Publisher 2003 that I will be able
to change the resolution on a jpg file?

Thanks so much for your help,
Lisette

0
anonymous (74721)
10/8/2004 11:31:27 PM
"Print" to a .pdf using either Adobe Acrobat (not the
readerr) or Win2pdf (http://www.win2pdf.com) and set the
properties to 300 dpi.

0
anonymous (74721)
10/9/2004 3:08:36 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I assume that if I buy Publisher 2003 that I will be able
> to change the resolution on a jpg file?

Publisher 2002 outputs at screen resolution, which is normall 96dpi.

Publisher 2003 will allow you to increase the resolution to 300dpi, BUT DO
NOT SAVE AS A JPG.

The reason you go to an outside printer is to get a better print quality.
Saving as JPG completely nullifies any possible advantage on print quality
you could get from using an outside printer.

Use PNG or PDF.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/9/2004 8:01:57 AM
How do I save a picture file as a TIFF file?  What program would I use?
Would Microsoft Office Picture Manager work?  What about Publisher 2003?

Thank you.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> > does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
> > to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
> > to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
> > dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
> > change the setting?
>
> If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
> JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).
>
> Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
> such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Neophyte (6)
3/2/2005 7:49:14 PM
In Publisher, Right-click the picture, click "save as picture", files of type, scroll
down to .tif, there is a "change" button above the file name selection.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Neophyte" <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I save a picture file as a TIFF file?  What program would I use?
> Would Microsoft Office Picture Manager work?  What about Publisher 2003?
>
> Thank you.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
>> Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
>> > does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
>> > to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
>> > to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
>> > dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
>> > change the setting?
>>
>> If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
>> JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).
>>
>> Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
>> such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
>> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
>> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
gsauer (5094)
3/2/2005 8:24:37 PM
Thank you.

If I have a picture that is 150 dpi, can I change it to 300 dpi?  If so, how?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> In Publisher, Right-click the picture, click "save as picture", files of type, scroll
> down to .tif, there is a "change" button above the file name selection.
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Neophyte" <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I save a picture file as a TIFF file?  What program would I use?
> > Would Microsoft Office Picture Manager work?  What about Publisher 2003?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > "Ed Bennett" wrote:
> >
> >> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> >> Lisette <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> >>
> >> If you are sending a file to a commercial printer, you do NOT use JPEG (or
> >> JPG or JP2 or any related JPEG-type file formats).
> >>
> >> Try a 300dpi TIFF, or PNG, or even better print a PDF using an application
> >> such as Adobe Acrobat (www.adobe.com/acrobat) or PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> >> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> >> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> >> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
Neophyte (6)
3/2/2005 9:21:53 PM
Neophyte <Neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> If I have a picture that is 150 dpi, can I change it to 300 dpi?  If
> so, how?

If you find a 300dpi version, sure.

Seriously, 150dpi means that there are 150dpi of detail.
You cannot magically add detail.

Consider: You had $300 (a 300dpi image).  To make space, you threw away
$150, taking you down to $150 (dpi).  There is no magic way to get the $150
back to get $300 again.

Another analogy: Images are like arrays of grains of sand, all different,
arranged into a large grid.
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ
ABCDEFGHIJ

That is a 10x10 pixel image.  At 150 dpi, that is 1/15 inch.
You could increase the dpi to 300 by reducing the print size to 1/30 inch.
The only way to have a 300dpi image at 1/15 inch would be to add extra
pixels

A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????
A?B?C?D?E?F?G?H?I?J?
????????????????????

No-one knows what to add where the question marks are.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/2/2005 9:31:40 PM
sorry for the rest of the replys .. guys if you dont know the answer shut the
F--- up
here is the answer for this ?

open you picture in Publisher  and select all, right click and choose 'save
picture' choose jpg then you will have an option to increase to commercail
300 dpi

good day and your welcome
tom

"Lisette" wrote:

> does anyone know how to change the dpi setting from 150
> to 300 when saving a publisher file as a jpg?  In order
> to send your work to a printer they need at least a 300
> dpi setting in order to reproduce the quality - how can I
> change the setting?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lisette

found the answer <foundtheanswer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very
recently heard to utter:
> sorry for the rest of the replys .. guys if you dont know the answer
> shut the F--- up

Often discussion between lots of people who don't know the answer can
produce an answer that will work.  If we followed your rules, that would
never happen.  I'll keep on doing what I've been doing.  Please feel free to
flame me if you so desire.

> open you picture in Publisher  and select all, right click and choose
> 'save picture' choose jpg then you will have an option to increase to
> commercail 300 dpi

Note that this does only work in Publisher 2003.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

conditional cell shading when a change occurs
Hi! Just recently joined this newsgroup, in hope that I can find an answer to my problem. I am generally familiar with Excel, but need some help on this particular problem. I want to apply a format where whenever the number in a column differs from the one previous to it, a cell shading color change is applied. For example, you have a column of numbers in Excel: 2 2 2 5 (cell shading color change applied) 5 5 5 2 (cell shading color change applied) 2 2 3 (cell shading color change applied) etc.... It doesn't matter what color is used, just so that it is applied whenever there is a c...

outlook security settings not applied
I am trying to set up a development environment which allows me to test the effects of changing the outlook security template in public folders. I have an exchange 2003 sp2 server on Windows 2003 sp1. My clients are XP pro sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I installed the outlook security template in accordance with http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011402931033.aspx and left it as default. I have a application which generates the "outlook is trying to access your address book" warning in the production environment. I can't replicate this warning (mail goes straight thr...

outlook2000- contacts info
I happened to synchronise from Qtec to my desktop pc with w2k outlook 2000, which happened to convert partially in english & the remaining in ????? q marks My DT pc is "ARABIC" enabled I HAD DONE THE FOLL 1.REGIONAL SETTINGS SET TO ARABIC AS DEFAULT 2.RE-INSTALLED MSOFFICE2K-XP W/OUTLOOK ALONG WITH LANGUAGE PK 3.STIMULATION DONE ON ANOTHER SETUP & OBTAINED THE SAME RESULT. KINDLY ADVICE MOSES-RIYADH ...

Prevent .pif, .scr, .exe, .ini, .com etc.. files from passing through?
How do you prevent files with certain extensions from passing through the exchange 2003 server? Thank you. most anti-virus solutions can be configured to block files with these extensions... "aspirin" <aspirin2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:511d01c49129$39f76de0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you prevent files with certain extensions from > passing through the exchange 2003 server? > > Thank you. We use Groupshield 6.0 sp1. I should call and ask them. Thanks for the tip. >-----Original Message----- >most anti-virus solutions can be configured ...

Changing contacts currency crashes browser
Hello, by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashes the Internet Explorer. The IE-window hangs completely and does not give a response anymore. The funny thing about that is that it works sometimes. Sometimes, after waiting serverl minutes(!) an CRM-error report wants to be sent to microsoft. Othertimes nothing happens untill the browser is killed. What could this be? How could this be fixed? Thank you! Regards. Uwe Looks like a bug. Thanks for sharing this. "Uwe Braunholz" wrote: > Hello, > > by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashe...

changing name order
How do I change the name order in a mailing list so that the first name is first and the last name is last? Currently, cell contains last name first followed by a comma and the first name(s). Thanks, Liz With mailing list in Column A, try this in B: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1) And drag down to copy, as needed. This should display the names in the order that you requested. However, the cells which display the names actually contain the formulas. If you wish to remove the formulas, and leave only the name data behind, ...

Doesn't remember password after Echange server change
Ok, now it has happened to me too. After my company changed their Echange server today, I cannot manage Outlook 2003 to remember my password. I've tried many solutions that I found via Google or in the newsgroups, nothing worked and now I'm stuck. I've tried to delete the subfolder in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and tried several things in "Stored User Names and Passwords" (via Manage my network passwords in Control Panel | User Accounts) as well. When I do a system restore to yesterday's situation, it DOES...

How to trap the change of color event in a cell?
In a Worksheet I have to trap the interior color change of an already selected cell. The Worksheet_Change event does not work! Is it possible? I'm using Excel2000 Barbara, Unfortunately, there is no way to trap the change of a cells color. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Barbara" <b.vandergraaf@pinkroccade.com> wrote in message news:e7332563.0311170643.78fdb9d7@posting.google.com... > In a Worksheet I have to trap the interior color change of an already > selected cell. The Worksheet_Change eve...

outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-
Outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-mail. This is totally bizarre. ...

Cannot Find File error message
We have several users that have been getting a "Cannot find file xyz.xl (or one of its components)..." when they try to launch an xls Excel fil from Windows explorer or an icon. Sometimes the users are using th files ok and then the next time they go in and try to launch the files this message appears. We use a tool called Installshield to updat their files and install any new xls files. Is there a reason why w may be getting this message? This file actually does exist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore ...

how to get file id in C#
how to get file id in C# is there any kind of unique id that can be obtained for any file in a file system? Hi, You can you use hash algorithm, it creates representation of file's content. It would be unique to all the files. But yuo'll get the same result for the same file with different name. HashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm = HashAlgorithm.Create( "SHA1" ); FileStream fileStream = new FileStream( fullFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read ); byte[] hashCode = hashAlgorithm.ComputeHash( fileStream ); Foo "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wro...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

How to change cell tool tip
Hi We are unable to work out how to chnage a tool tip. It is not a comment. ie. a tool tip comes up when you click in a cell? help mike Hi! It might be a data validation input message. Select the cell then goto Data>Validation. Select the Input Message tab. Anything there? Biff "mike_mike" <mikemike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BF6C34D-319E-4D31-BA0D-A3F9E8F70C93@microsoft.com... > Hi > > We are unable to work out how to chnage a tool tip. It is not a comment. > ie. a tool tip comes up when you click in a cell? > > help > ...

"requireAdministrator" in Manifest file
Hi, I use the XML sample shown in the section: "Building and Embedding a Manifest with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 for Windows XP and Windows Vista Applications" (from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx) to create a manifest file and use it in Additional Manifest Files in the Project Properties. But I get a warning saying: Element "trustInfo" in an unrecognized namespace "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" What would be the correct way to do this using VS 2005? I want the application to run with administrator privi...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

outlook 2000 changing msg class using utility?
Hi- this message is in 3 parts DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT I work for a small nonprofit group for pastors and outreach organization leaders who meet once monthly as well as have an annual "love your city" churches responding to neibourhood needs (free pop/ bbqs/ repair roofs/ clean up yards) event......so need distribution centers for promo items, ect ... comprehensive new form I have permission from our Tech person to change all our contacts to this form..... we'v backed up the hard-drive to cds, saved existing format of contacts to excell files so OBJECTIVES..KEEPING ...

MSN messenger won't change my display name..
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel hey <br> when i sign into mac messenger, my display name is my real name i told windows live. i change it. but then when i sign out and sign in again my display name is my real name again and my personal message is gone. any ideas? Nup! This is the Word group. We don't know anything about Messenger here. Post your question in the Messenger group. Cheers On 27/11/09 9:39 AM, in article 59badac7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "just_mickey@officeformac.com" <just_mickey@officefo...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

Pocket PC - Money 2004
Hello, My hard-drive crashed on my computer and I had to install a new one. The only workable backup file I have for my Microsoft Money is on my Pocket PC. Is there a way for me to use the file on my Pocket PC on my new computer? I tried http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/276.aspx and it's not working. Maybe that tutorial was designed for a newer version of Microsoft Money? JJ The readme, which the article is based on, has been around for a while. In any case, the data on your client will almost surely be incomplete. -- Michael Gordon MVP "JJ" <JJ@discussions.mic...

Unable To Change Folder Attribute
I tried changing my Cookies folder. In the command prompt as administrator I navigate to C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies and then type the following: attrib -s -h I get no error but I still need to uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files' in Folder Options. Am I missing something? James ...

Is it possible to change the texts on a CFileDialog?
hi, Is it possible to change the texts on a CFileDialog? I need it to change the language of those texts. thanks, Behzad http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/customize_dialog.asp Tom "bn1" <bn1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eq74mFelEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to change the texts on a CFileDialog? I need it to change the > language of those texts. > > thanks, > Behzad > > ...

changing the time between Home page refresh
We have had several customers wanting to change the automatic refresh time for the home page. ( its currently 60 mins which isnt really in line with the pace of todays businesses!) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssoluti...

Form size changing
Access 2003. I have an input form with a command button that executes a stored procedure (through a pass-through query) to write records to a table in SQL Server. On click, the form restores itself. I don't have any code changing the size. There are several things happening, pass through query being run, null values being checked etc. I can paste the code, rather long, but I was hoping there might be a few things to look for first that could be causing this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 ...