Changing header within Publisher 2003 document

I have a 150 page publisher document that is divided into 7 chapters. Is
there any way I can change the header for each chapter (to reflect the
chapter name) or once the header is set, it has to stay?

thanks

0
Karna (4)

You can create 15 master pages. On the second page of your document, on the pull
down, click ignore and apply to the page range of your document. Then go to the
start of each chapter and apply the appropriate master page.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Karna" <Karna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 150 page publisher document that is divided into 7 chapters. Is
> there any way I can change the header for each chapter (to reflect the
> chapter name) or once the header is set, it has to stay?
>
> thanks

0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/6/2009 1:55:03 PM
Got it -- thanks!  The different headers work well. I understand the
pagination. But now my text boxes are off "just a little."  I set each Master
Page with the same Margin Guides and created a text box to mimic those
guides.  What did I do wrong?

Karna

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You can create 15 master pages. On the second page of your document, on the pull
> down, click ignore and apply to the page range of your document. Then go to the
> start of each chapter and apply the appropriate master page.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Karna" <Karna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a 150 page publisher document that is divided into 7 chapters. Is
> > there any way I can change the header for each chapter (to reflect the
> > chapter name) or once the header is set, it has to stay?
> >
> > thanks

0
Karna (4)
6/7/2009 3:01:02 AM
One other note:  I inserted four pages and cut-paste photos into the
document. My problems come after the photos.  Would this have affected the
postion of my text boxes?

"Karna" wrote:

> Got it -- thanks!  The different headers work well. I understand the
> pagination. But now my text boxes are off "just a little."  I set each Master
> Page with the same Margin Guides and created a text box to mimic those
> guides.  What did I do wrong?
>
> Karna
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > You can create 15 master pages. On the second page of your document, on the pull
> > down, click ignore and apply to the page range of your document. Then go to the
> > start of each chapter and apply the appropriate master page.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Karna" <Karna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a 150 page publisher document that is divided into 7 chapters. Is
> > > there any way I can change the header for each chapter (to reflect the
> > > chapter name) or once the header is set, it has to stay?
> > >
> > > thanks

0
Karna (4)
6/7/2009 4:26:00 AM
When you use a master page, you will have to adjust the text on the publication
page in order to not cover the information. With Publisher any object stays
where you position it. The wrap may make it seem the text box is moving, it
isn't. The text moves not the box. Adjust the wrap.

Long documents are best done in Word, all the tools are there. Publisher is a
text box application; when you have 150 pages, it takes a mighty amount of
tweaking to get it just right.

--

> One other note:  I inserted four pages and cut-paste photos into the
> document. My problems come after the photos.  Would this have affected the
> postion of my text boxes?
>

> "Karna" wrote:
>

>> Got it -- thanks!  The different headers work well. I understand the
>> pagination. But now my text boxes are off "just a little."  I set each Master
>> Page with the same Margin Guides and created a text box to mimic those
>> guides.  What did I do wrong?
>>
>> Karna
>>

>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > You can create 15 master pages. On the second page of your document, on the
>> > pull
>> > down, click ignore and apply to the page range of your document. Then go to
>> > the
>> > start of each chapter and apply the appropriate master page.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "Karna" <Karna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/7/2009 12:04:32 PM
I understand the text wrap concept and yes, it's tedious to with a huge
document. But, Word can't layout in booklet form, can it?  And doesn't
Publisher give a little "nicer" look -- that's why I've chosen it.

My text box, actually, did move off the margin guides. I can adjust them
manually if I need to -- just hoping I didn't have too!

Thanks for all your help.  I've used Publisher for 5 years on small projects
-- didn't even realize this kind of help was out there (though this is, by
far, the largest project I've attempted with Publisher.)

Karna

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> When you use a master page, you will have to adjust the text on the publication
> page in order to not cover the information. With Publisher any object stays
> where you position it. The wrap may make it seem the text box is moving, it
> isn't. The text moves not the box. Adjust the wrap.
>
> Long documents are best done in Word, all the tools are there. Publisher is a
> text box application; when you have 150 pages, it takes a mighty amount of
> tweaking to get it just right.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Karna" <Karna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > One other note:  I inserted four pages and cut-paste photos into the
> > document. My problems come after the photos.  Would this have affected the
> > postion of my text boxes?
> >

> > "Karna" wrote:
> >

> >> Got it -- thanks!  The different headers work well. I understand the
> >> pagination. But now my text boxes are off "just a little."  I set each Master
> >> Page with the same Margin Guides and created a text box to mimic those
> >> guides.  What did I do wrong?
> >>
> >> Karna

0
Karna (4)

changing outlook server
I recently changed jobs. I'm wondering what the best way is to reconfigure outlook to point to the new exchange server and mailbox without wiping out all the data I have in my current mailbox. I don't necessarily need access to it any time soon, I just don't want to lose the content in case I ever need to search or reference anything. Any pointers on the best way to do this? I assume perhaps backup the PST file (or is it OST, been a while) and start from scratch? If it's not already in a .PST file I'd export it to a PST file right away -- just to be safe. Then co...

Outlook 2003 Offline Address Book not updating
I now have 5 computers among 100+ that simply stopped updating the offline address book. They give no error message. nothing is recorded in the event logs. success is recorded in the sync log. it says it does it, but it doesn't. The most recent user reported that he couldn't see a person in his address book that had been hired 4 weeks ago. It is the same with all machines. 1. if I tell it to manually download the address book, it says it does and nothing changes. 2. if I create a new Outlook profile, it downloads a new address book at that time, but not after 3. If I create a ne...

Access 2003 Developer Extensions 06-04-07
It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can read about VSTO 2005, but get an error if I try to buy it. Is it possible to get this still? I know Access 2007 Developer Extensions are supposed to be free, but they don't seem to have been released yet. Will I be able to package and distribute an application built in Access 2003 with the 2007 Developer Extensions? Jennifer "Toxalot" <toxalot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180969603.769483.240500@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > It doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can read about VSTO 2005, > but g...

Is it possible to change primary key
During the form customization, a primary key (field) can not be removed or moved to another column. So is it possible to change primary field in a table? Thanks, no...not in the CRM tables. "Gulsah Safsoy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bb1001c42133$0574dcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > During the form customization, a primary key (field) can > not be removed or moved to another column. So is it > possible to change primary field in a table? > > Thanks, > ...

Exchange 2000 Header Issue when Forwarding
Setup a standard internal email account and a contact account for external forwarding, however when external user (another company) receives the message, the header (to:) shows that it was sent to our internal standard email account and not that of the contact user account. Can anyone point me in another direction or offer assistance in this area? This in-turn prohibits the other company from properly forwarding said message to their Blackberry System for personnel distribution. Thanks, Frances ...

_AfxBindStatusCallback::OnStopBinding broken in VS 2003
Hi all! I am having trouble with _AfxBindStatusCallback::OnStopBinding and OnProgress (oleasmon.cpp). Error checking seems bad. The offending code (not present in VC6 MFC sources): LPCTSTR szError2 = OLE2CT_EX(szError, _ATL_SAFE_ALLOCA_DEF_THRESHOLD); if (NULL == szError2) { return E_OUTOFMEMORY; } This fails if szError is NULL, and it shouldn't (I think). Refcounting gets broken and hell breaks loose. It was OK in VC6, dammit! Anybody has seen this? Thanks! <rant> P.S. I see this may be because of the changes to use this new "safe" ANSI/Unicode conversion (avoiding ...

column width changes
I have two seperate workbooks (Excel 2000)with exact same formatting. I save them as Excel 97 formats for use by colleague with older version of Excel. One workbook is okay but other will have one column width reduced, which causes cell to display ####. I've compared the workbooks one for one and cannot locate the problem. Any help? The first question I have is what's in that cell? Is it a date? Excel picks up several date formats from windows regional settings. For example, if you format as m/d/y and I use mm/dd/yyyy as my windows (8 digits and 2 slashes). If you use m/d/yy,...

Publisher 2003 will not open Publisher 97 files
I have a system running XP Pro with Office 2003 (including Publisher 2003) installed and just discovered Publisher 2003 will not open any if the publisher 97 files from my old system. I checked MS support and the only reference I found to this problem was that Norton security can interfere with the conversion process.... NO HELP as my current system does not nad has never had Norton installed on the system Does anyone have a solution for this problem? DTC wrote: > I have a system running XP Pro with Office 2003 (including Publisher 2003) > installed and just discovered Publisher ...

SBS 2003 And Outlook Web mail
Hi I have a SBS 2003 server that is being very flaky with the outlook 2003 web mail. At first I thought that there might be a licence issue, but there are 40 CALs and only 24 users right now. There seems to be no reasoning why some users can and others can't access as everyone is configured the same way. I can access the webmail page without a problem internally and externally. Some users work all the time others only some others not at all. I am getting no Event errors in the Event Logs. There is a large part of the staff that travel and use this so a solution is needed...

Scribe Migration from Goldmine question? Linked documents failure fetching source row
I am running into a little "failure fetching source row" error on part 3 of the migration from goldmine to crm using scribe. it appears that there are some "broken links" in our linked documents section of goldmine. This is due to documents being linked, and then someone moving them. This is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but Scribe stops cold with the "failure fetching source row" is there any way to make it continue, rather than breaking the migration? Rodney P.S. i knew i would jinx myself.... ((see my earlier post)) This is a Scribe issu...

Publisher won't dash words
We all know that when we write and the text box width is over it continues writing down, that's obvious. When I write in my Publisher, I mark the Justify button, and as I write, it justifies the sentence leaving spaces and all that and it looks ugly in small colummns. I know there is a way that Publisher cuts the word in the middle, puts a little dash line and continues the word down as I keep writting. I need Publisher to do that and I don't know how!! By the way, I wrtie in spanish so I don't know if that has to do with the dash thingy. Please help me soon and thank you! ...

change worksheet data without changing chart
I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel that will not get modified each time I sort my Excel worksheet. Does anybody know how to "lock" the chart or export it so that it is no longer linked to the worksheet? Thanks!!! Here's how to unlink a chart from its data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ shelly wrote: > I am attempting to create a scatter plot chart in Excel > that will not ge...

Emails not coming in to my Exchange sever 2003
I have an exchange 2003 server .Since this morning all emails sent to me from the outside are not comeing in .I am able to get internal email's.Any Help will be helpfull. can you telnet to your server on port 25 from the outside? check the incoming queue. Guy wrote: > I have an exchange 2003 server .Since this morning all emails sent to me > from the outside are not comeing in .I am able to get internal email's.Any > Help will be helpfull. What you want to do is verify all the services on Exchange are working correctly and nothing outragous on the eventvwr. If you ch...

Server Side Autoreply Exchange 2003
Hi, In our company we move our email addresses from "@company.com" to "@newcompany.com" Management wants that if somebody sents an email to the old address, that he / she gets informed that this email is no longer valid and where they should send their emails to. (we switch also the mail system so forwarding or anything else is not an option) I checked the possibity of rules and created a server side rule which answers to every email send to this address. This works well, but i want to prevent creating mail loops e.g. if somebody sents an email and has his out of office ...

want to uncheck "Hide spellling errors in ths document"
I've received a Word doc from someone that does not show the spelling errors. When I go to Tools/Options/Spelling & Grammar, I see that "Hide spelling errors in this document" is checked, but the check and the words are grayed out and I cannot uncheck it -- what gives? I want to uncheck that. I'm using Word 97. Jack ...

Video message program in Outlook 2003
Worked for a few days now will not start. Have installed the latest version, etc. Will not start. When I click on the icon hard drive runs for a bit then nothing. Harvey hknauss@houston.rr.com ...

Counting Occurrence of a Value within Cells
I have a user who is using Excel as a database – ugh. One of their columns (fields) has contact data points. As an example, a cell might state – “05/10/2009 – Called person. 05/24/2009 – Sent letter. 06/30/2009 – Received call from person. 07/31/2009 – Closed case. 01/10/2010 – Reopened case. 01/24/2010 – Sent update letter.” The user wants to count all contacts within the spreadsheet for the month of May 2010. The first thing I am doing is having the dates changed from mm/dd/yyyy to dd MMM yyyy format so we can search for MMM yyyy. After this is done, we can do a Find all and...

How to change transparency of series
Do you know how to use the transparency button in Format data series->Patterns->Fill Effects->Gradient? I found the button in it is grey. Hi, Transparency is not available in older versions of windows xl, pre 2007. For a work around http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Christine Ma" <ChristineMa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA965B33-F7DF-4657-AFCE-47887D248DFC@microsoft.com... > Do you know how to use the transparency button in Format data > series->P...

2 Subforms, can't change link fields for one
I have two subforms on my main form. The second is a copy of the first, but I want to link it to separate fields on the main form. When I open the main form in design view, the first subform shows in design view, but the second is just a blank control. The controlsource field is set to the same as the first. When I try to change the link child/master fields, it says: "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." and blanks it out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, =Ray= ...

Modify RM HATB by Document Number
Hi, Our receivable orders either start with SL which means sales or MN which means maintenance or RN which means renewal. we want to run the HATB separately for each of these order sequence. I tried to add a restriction but do not know how to add a 'begins with' restriction as I only see equal to operator available. Also, say if the restriction works, how can I duplicate the report into 3 copies and run it with different restrictions in the same reports dictionary. Stacey Try using the SUBSTRING function, e.g. SUBSTRING=("SL*") See Knowledge Base article: 856861 ...

Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express #2
I have been using Outlook Express without any problems. Because some of software will only work with Outlook I setup Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manger. I have found the program (Outlook) crashes for no apparent reason. I have both Outlook and Express running together. Is that the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:55:49 -0700, "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using Outlook Express without any problems. >Because some of software will only work with Outlook I >setup Outlook 200...

Protected worksheet allowed to change ONLY font color
Is there a way to have a protected worksheet where users are allowed ONLY to change font color in a cell. The option to format cells under "protect sheet" allows too many abilities to the user. I am using Excel 2003. ...

How do I allow users to change there password through OWA.
Our password change policy can cause users not to be able to logon to OWA. What steps need to be take to allow password changes through OWA. I have read KB article 297121 but I was hoping for a quick 1.2.3, explanation too. Thanks, Mike I could probably give you a quicker 1-2-3 explanation, but it would only be quicker for you. It would take me a very long time. Sorry. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:58068C12-D0E4-45A4-8F42-4B96A0715BF0@microsoft.com......

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #2
We are about to upgrade to Outlook 2003. I'm curious if anyone has experienced problems upgrading their Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. Also, if you have Office 2002 installed and only upgrade Outlook, if you have had problems. Thanks. 1) the biggest problems we;re seeing involve using the old profile. For best results, do a clean install - and since that's impossible for many people, at least make a new profile. You can use the old pst in the new profile. 2) if you only upgrade outlook you loose the ability to use 'office envelope' features - notably word as your ema...

problem Adding new user on server 2003
I can't not add any user the program is giving me a masege: Windows unable to update the password. The Value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirement of domain. please help.. I can not add any users becouse of this message. You have complex passwords enabled, so the users password must be a certain length and contain upper-case, lower-case and numerical values. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "oscar" <oscar@tvpromofl.com> wrote in message news:098701c3d3b4$3dfa3e50...