changing colours of multiple items in Publisher 2000

Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a
page?  It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of
each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the
items I need and change the colour en bloc.

Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?)

What items are you trying to chage?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on
> page?  It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of
> each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all
> the
> items I need and change the colour en bloc.
>
> Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?)

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/13/2007 12:24:47 PM
Hold shift while selecting your objects.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Fluffbrain" <Fluffbrain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any idea how I can change the colour of multiple items on a
> page?  It is so time consuming to have to select and change the colour of
> each item individually - it would be so useful to be able to select all the
> items I need and change the colour en bloc.
>
> Do the newer Publisher packages have this facility (2003, 2007?)

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/13/2007 1:36:21 PM
Well, yes but holding shift works the same as outline selecting the objects
with the arrow cursor and whilst it will work for items created say in
'draw', it will not work for graphics imported in.  If I (right-click) select
a picture that I have inserted I can, through the dialogue box, 'change
picture' & 'recolor picture', change the colouring of the object.
Unfortunately this only works for that one object selected. If I have several
 or many identical objects on one page that I wish to change the colour of, I
can only select them individually and change the colour - I am not given this
option if I select multiple objects.  I can change the 'fill' colour, or the
outline colour if it is a 'drawn' object but not the colour of more than one
individual picture at a time.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Hold shift while selecting your objects.

Hi,

Try this, click to select one of the pictures you have re-colored already.
Then double click on the paintbrush tool. Then click on each additional
picture you wish to change.

I LOVE THE PAINTBRUSH -- the most under utilized, under appreciated tool in
Publisher. IMO!

For (almost)global color changes (but not all pictures and images!) go to
"Format" "Color schemes" and select customize. You can fiddle with the color
settings there.

M.

"Fluffbrain" wrote:

> Well, yes but holding shift works the same as outline selecting the objects
> with the arrow cursor and whilst it will work for items created say in
> 'draw', it will not work for graphics imported in.  If I (right-click) select
> a picture that I have inserted I can, through the dialogue box, 'change
> picture' & 'recolor picture', change the colouring of the object.
> Unfortunately this only works for that one object selected. If I have several
>  or many identical objects on one page that I wish to change the colour of, I
> can only select them individually and change the colour - I am not given this
> option if I select multiple objects.  I can change the 'fill' colour, or the
> outline colour if it is a 'drawn' object but not the colour of more than one
> individual picture at a time.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > Hold shift while selecting your objects.

0
Morisot (87)

Multiple Records from Multiple Fields
I have a membership table (tAllRecs), with each member assigned a unique number (fMbrNo). I have an event table (tWalks), with each event assigned a unique number (fWalkNo). Each event has 7 leaders (fLdr1, fLdr2,�), and 7 assistant leaders (fALdr1, ALdr2,�). The fLdr and fALdr fields contain the tAllRecs.fMbrNo for each of the 14 total leaders and assistants. For each event (record) in tWalks, I have to print data that exists in tAllRecs for each leader and assistant (address, phone, etc.). This is where I am confused, because what I need to do is look up 14 fields in tWalks, and print the c...

Lookup & return multiple rows based on cell value
Good morning! I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets. 1.) Properties 2.) Owner Elections 3.) Agreement Tracking 4.) Routing Sheet 5.) Contract Info 6.) Owners On the Routing Sheet worksheet, in B17, I need to place a formula that will do the following: Go to the Owner Elections worksheet, Look in Column A for the same value that is entered in D10 of the Routing Sheet worksheet, once it finds that value, then goes to column B and copies all rows (beginning with the next row) under it, until it reaches the row that says "TOTAL", and pastes them in the rows on...

Save as publisher 2000
I am using Picture it! Publisher 2001 and I would like to save it for the 2000 version, but when I do a save as, I do not have that choice available. The only choice I get it publisher document. How do I save a file as for the 2000 version? I think you're getting your programs confused. Picture It! is not the same as Publisher. Picture It! has it's own format and I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MK" <systemsgo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O6uYYI6jEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

External data link change

Increase the resolution of a picture in a pdf/ publisher document
I created an ad in publisher, which included our logo, converted it to a PDF document and submitted it to the company. They informed me that the logo was not the same "high resolution" and would not print as clearly as the rest of the document. How do I fix the resolution of the logo. I have a copy of the logo in Microsoft Picture Manager also. Please help I am new at this. Thanks You can't increase the resolution and not end up with crap. (I couldn't find a nicer word, sorry.) The part that doesn't make sense is that the entire ad is the same resolution in the ...

Why does the change change to a number?

How to Unhide or Hide Multiple Sheets at One GO?
Hi Everyone I guess my Subject Title has already said what I need to know. SO is i possible to hide or unhide a selection of worksheets at one go? Cheers Kelvi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Kelvin, Select the sheets to hide, then Format>Sheet>Hide -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "hce >" <<hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi Everyone > > I guess my Subject Title has a...

outlook 2000 #31
I cannot customize outlook today page now. The capability to do this quit working about six weeks ago. I have re- installed outlook 2000 but that does not help. ...

HRESULT opening outlook 2000 in xp pro
I get an error "Exception from HRESULT 0x80040200" every time I start my outlook 2000 in XP pro. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? ...

physical count of serialized items
how RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count and the quantity was different of database. our setting is : -require serial number when receiving inventory -synchronize quantiy with serial numbers -inforce unique serial in POS how will we synchronize the serial numbers the new QTY . any help please. best reqards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C89A52.C606CF70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bacha11, Badly, its been repor...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Send.Item message when using mapi emailing
Hi, When using the MAPI profile to send mails via Send.Item Outlook stops and shows the Yes, No message for permission to send. I have checked all IE settings and Outlook but cant turn this off? I know its there somewhere, any help locating and turning off this setting would be fantastic! Kind Regards James See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, an...

Excel Pivot Items Using C#
I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. I have done this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g., PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other than PivotItems? Code for PivotFields, that works: IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields) pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value); foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs) { Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no va...

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Running Excel 2000 & 2007 Bug
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01CA53A0.C4136A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the = following The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that = were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these = files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 = is dominating this action. I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version = 200...

OL 2000 smtp error
My client receives the following error message when sending message, this happens about 9/10 times, and after the error pops up a few time the message goes through...any ideas? "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectly terminated by the server. Account:XXXX, SMTP Server: mail.uu.net, Error NUmber 0x800ccc0f" Marc ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?