Change Measurement units

Is there any way I can change the measurement units, so that when I open a
new document it is inches instead of cm. I'm using Publisher 2002

Thanks in advance

0
rkelseyca (3)

Tools | Options | General

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"RK" <rkelseyca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way I can change the measurement units, so that when I open a
> new document it is inches instead of cm. I'm using Publisher 2002
>
> Thanks in advance

0
sbarnhill (63)
7/24/2003 5:25:19 PM
That will work only for that publication. It will reset
every time you close it.

They need to change their keyboard and regional settings
to NON-Metric.

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org

to the newsgroup so
>all may benefit.
>
>"RK" <rkelseyca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any way I can change the measurement units,
so that when I open a
>> new document it is inches instead of cm. I'm using
Publisher 2002

>> Thanks in advance
>>

>.

0
publisher (1245)
7/24/2003 6:32:33 PM
You mean they need to change in the Control Panel their Keyboard to their
specified country and check their Regional Settings are for their correct
country and check they are set to METRIC.

This person uses the proper Metric measuring system and obviously lives in a
progressive country.

I just went into my Regional Settings and changed it from English (Canada)
to English (US). My Publisher documents now open with the "Inches default".
The only thing I worry about now is how that setting will affect some of my
other programs, such as "Simply Accounting", etc.

Hopefully with the next Publisher it will allow you to set the measurement
units and some other things, such as the fonts with the default that you
prefer.

Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
> That will work only for that publication. It will reset
> every time you close it.
>
> They need to change their keyboard and regional settings
> to NON-Metric.
>
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.kvalheim.org

0
rkelseyca (3)
7/25/2003 7:27:08 AM
You cannot make up your mind what you want.
Quote "so that when I open a new document it is inches instead of cm".

Must be terrible to be such a clux you cannot work in the correct
measurement system of your country.

What do you mean I can't make up my mind. When I said I got it to open up in
inches by changing the Regional settings, that was meant as a good thing.

As for the measurements for my country, most of the population does use
inches, even though things are often listed in cm as well as inches. Don't
be so rude when you don't know what your talking about.

"���M�S��Publisher���" <replytonewsgroup@nomail.com> wrote in message
> You cannot make up your mind what you want.
> Quote "so that when I open a new document it is inches instead of cm".
>
> Must be terrible to be such a clux you cannot work in the correct
> measurement system of your country.

rkelseyca (3)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

delete busines units
Can somebody help me? I know that i can't delete business units.Now, I need to know what else can not be deleted? you can't delete users either. "V" <V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:750F35FC-5C34-410D-AEF0-07F204CA37C3@microsoft.com... > Can somebody help me? I know that i can't delete business units.Now, > I need to know what else can not be deleted? ...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Save Changes? #2

Tracking Changes

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...

Can't Send After Changing From/Reply-To
Greetings! I am using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server 2003 to try to send a message From public folder with the replies going to the same public folder. It utterly fails. I created a public folder under Exchange called ContactASA and gave myself "Send on behalf" priviledges. I then created a new message in Outlook, set the From field to ContactASA, and set the "Have replies sent to..." (reply-to) set to ContactASA. When I send the message to my gmail account I get the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. S...

How can I Change recurrence settings with OUT updating details????
Hello, I have a recurring appointment that I use to keep daily notes. I set it up for 4:30 and would like to change it to 3:30 -- however, when I actually make the change it clears ALL of my previous entires notes. So I lose about 2 years worth of notes when I make this change. Anyone know how I can make the change without this loss of information? Thanks Shawn Create a new recurring appointment for 3:30 and end the recurrence of the old one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

Bus. Card changes font when I change print copies / page. I save
Please use this space top fully ask your question. And we need details. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Grateful" <Grateful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61932EEC-79BB-45DF-87A2-8E5AE4BEC538@microsoft.com... > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > Please use this space top fully ask your question. And we need details. > I modified a design option in business cards. I created it as 1 copy / sheet. I saved it. When I try to print it as 10 / sheet, the font and font color didn't save. I went to styles and formatting...