Centering Pictures in a Catalog Mail Merge

I'm creating a church directory.  I've successfully merged three columns of
pictures into my catalog.  My picture are all different aspect ratios and
sizes.  I would like all of the pictures to be CENTERED in their columns.

However, when I merge my pictures they all show up on the LEFT SIDE of the
picture field of the merge area.  I really don't want to center each picture
in every column of every individual page.  I NEED HELP AUTOMATING THE
CENTERING OF MY PICTURE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COLUMNS.  I see two potential
solutions, but cannot figure out how to do either of them.

1. Perhaps there is a way to make sure the different sized pictures all
center when I merge them into the picture field of the merge area.

2. If that doesn't work I'll probably have to reformat it in a merged
publication.  Then, I'll probably have to align the pictures with the center
line of the left column, then the center, then the right.  IS THERE A WAY TO
CENTER ALL THE PICTURES IN THE LEFT COLUMNS OF EVERY PAGE AT ONE TIME?  THAT
WAY I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THREE COLUMNS MANUALLY ON EVERY PAGE OF THE
DIRECTORY.

Create a separate text box, click center text alignment, insert the picture.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm creating a church directory.  I've successfully merged three columns of
> pictures into my catalog.  My picture are all different aspect ratios and
> sizes.  I would like all of the pictures to be CENTERED in their columns.
>
> However, when I merge my pictures they all show up on the LEFT SIDE of the
> picture field of the merge area.  I really don't want to center each picture
> in every column of every individual page.  I NEED HELP AUTOMATING THE
> CENTERING OF MY PICTURE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COLUMNS.  I see two potential
> solutions, but cannot figure out how to do either of them.
>
> 1. Perhaps there is a way to make sure the different sized pictures all
> center when I merge them into the picture field of the merge area.
>
> 2. If that doesn't work I'll probably have to reformat it in a merged
> publication.  Then, I'll probably have to align the pictures with the center
> line of the left column, then the center, then the right.  IS THERE A WAY TO
> CENTER ALL THE PICTURES IN THE LEFT COLUMNS OF EVERY PAGE AT ONE TIME?  THAT
> WAY I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THREE COLUMNS MANUALLY ON EVERY PAGE OF THE
> DIRECTORY.

0
Mary

creating aliases (many aliases) for mail users in Exchange 2000
Hi there. We're getting ready to go live with our Exchange server, and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do what I want. Our standard naming convention is Firstinitiallastname@domain.com, so John Smith would be jsmith@domain.com. The first problem is, we like for all our employees to be as reachable as possible. This means I'd need to create, for John: jsmith@domain.com johnsmith@domain.com john@domain.com john.smith@domain.com john_smith@domain.com ismith@domain.com (because the lowercase j and lowercase i on our business cards are basically indistinguishable) and po...

Text over a picture
I am trying to put text over a picture. The picture is in place, then I put a text frame over it. The " fill" covers up the picture and I can't figure out how to make the text over the picture, but still see all the picture . It is a black and white picture and the letters are going over a black part so I was the text white so it shows up, but I can't figure out how to do it. Basically in the end I am trying to make the picture look like a watermark behind the text. Help! What format is the picture? The text box can be made transparent, select the box, ctrl + t. ...

New mail envelope non inbox folder
I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new mail comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon as with new messages in the inbox. Is there a way to make new messages in folders other than the inbox show an envelope or am I stuck with the pop up notifications? Thanks. "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E5AF737-C92B-490B-B5E6-F3F2052358BE@microsoft.com... >I created a few rules to move messages into different folders. When new mail > comes in however it doesn't show the envelope icon a...

Crm Mail getting caught in Spam Filter
New Issue, when 2 identical messages are sent out 1 from CRM with tracking cookies turned off and 1 sent from outlook can anyone explain why the one from CRM is still caught in the spam filters where as the 1 sent from outlook is not? ...

Offline and Online mail
Hello all, the problem that I am having is when a user of mine works in "offline" mode, she works on some emails, hits the send button and it waits in the outbox until she connects like it should. The problem is that the emails that were typed while offline does not show in the sent folder after she his the send/receive. The emails are being sent but the user really wants them to show up in the online sent folder. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!! Jarrod ...

Outlook 2003 mail question
Hi! I have Office 2003 and when I receive mail with a link, it opens up My Documents and the box says "Locate Link Browser". The link I want also opens, but how do I get rid of My Documents? Thanks so much! Point it to IEXPLORE.EXE -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Terri" <phiter@mail.com> wrote in message news:eR8j6zdvEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > I have Office 2003 and when I receive mail with a link,...

Mail Merge #33
I have a 2 up postcard and I am trying to create a mail merge for the back side of the postcard, however I keep getting the same contact printing twice. How do I get Publisher to print two different contacts on the back side of one 2 up postcard? Are you selecting multiple pages per sheet? What version Publisher? It does make a difference. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kg01562" <kg01562@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D392C79-8DBC-42D1-9BDA-1A0A45D3AE0B@microsoft.com... >I have a 2 up postcard and I am trying to create a mail merge for the...

moving sent mail to imap folder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C402B2.C9C3C0A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have an IMAP account that I moved to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I = created a rule to move a copy of all mail sent through this account to = the sent-mail folder of the imap account. However, the rule does not = seem to work. Here is how the rule looks: =3D=3D=3D Apply this rule after I send the message through the imap_server account and on this machine only move a copy to the sent-mail...

widows media centers tv
I have installed a tv card that actually came with the computer. Some german name haupp something. It used to work, now it doesn't. The media center tells me that it is a hardware failure, but I doubt that. How can I reinstall media center? ...

Pictures #6
If U have pic's in a news letter, how do U click on a pic to make an enlarged view or is it possible? -- Bobby Pickett representing http://www.monsterpowersports.com Might ask this on the publisher.webdesign newsgroup. How to Thumbnail in Publisher Web Publications http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/80553.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rubbertruk55" <Rubbertruk55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98968455-92D2-4ADB-9A30-0D79317E9567@microsoft.com... > If U hav...

cannot receive incoming messages in one of my 2 mail boxes
Hello out there I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE for years without any problem. For the past week it's been total silence from one of my two OE mail boxes. No incoming mails whatsoever,but I can send mails from it. I'm awaiting important mails which have apparently been sent correctly. I've even tested sending mails to it from my other (functionning) mailbox. But nothing arrives. Can anyone suggest anything? Moira moira hamon wrote: > Hello out there > > I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2...

center-center text in a table
In microsoft word I can format the text center-center, or center-left, or center-right, ... in a table. But can publisher do so? If Yes, how am I going to accomplish this. Sure can! Right Click > Format Table -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

TRANFER mail from outlook express to Windows Mail(windows 7)
Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get a load of imported mail in my Inbox ? Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received. I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my folders at least . On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:38:02 -0800, DUNDALKSPUR wrote: > Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS > (WINDOWS XP) ...

Help with sending and receiving mail
I'm working on a Exchange rollout and had a question. We are using Exchange 2003 and will be pulling mail from the ISP's POP3 server using a 3rd party program that downloads the mail from the pop server and puts it into the users Exchange mailbox. Unfortunately, this migration from users POP3 local mail client will take several days to hit everyone in the company. The domain name is lets say domainA.com. If I migrate a user, and they try to send an email to another internal user that hasn't been migrated to exchange yet, I'm assuming exchange will kick back a could not de...

Pasting a picture
Kindly help I have a long document and I need to show a hyperlink as ‘Back to Table of Contents’ at the top from the 3rd page onwards. To resolve it I have created a macro which will insert the hyperlink on each page. The problem that i am facing is that at many times whenever i run this macro the hyperlinks gets pasted one after the other instead of one in each page. codes are given below. Sub test() Dim s As Shape Dim alt_text As String Dim page_num As Integer Dim counter As Integer Dim i As Integer counter = 1 For Each s In ActiveDocument.Shapes alt_...

Right click "Mail to..." not working
When I rifght click on an item & chose "mail top" the email page opens & yet i cannot send the email, no matter what I try. If I open a new email & then attach the file it will send. But why is the right click option not working? Thank you, LA Define "can not send" - there is a problem with the send button not working for some people, but Alt+S sends it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Gui...

Not in Group but mail still arrives
Hi I have a very strange problem. Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000, Sophos pure mesaging all SP's applied. We have a distribution group info@domainname.com I removed a user from this group, however they still recieve mail sent to this group. I have even deleted the group and recreated it and added all relavant user with the exception of the problem user but they still get the mail. Help!!! Is the user an alternate recipient (user properties | exchange general | delivery options | forwarding address)? Remove all members and try adding them one by one, sending a test message aft...

Mail vanishes from outlook inbox
Hello, can anyone shed any light on what I have done wrong with my installation? The scenario is as follows: I installed CRM 3.0 onto my small business server using custom setup in order to ensure I could connect to a working SQL 2005 report server. Everything went well and I can view the reports etc. in CRM. However, one of the questions during the custom setup was about a mailbox (not sure what the question was exactly now) and I tried to enter the server administrator mailbox name. Setup warned that this was not allowed, so I used my own mailbox name instead. I now have a prob...

Want to use left and center footer in same page
Enter the left footer text in the left footer box, and the center footer text in the center footer box (and use the right footer too, if you want). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "wjs-matt" <wjsmatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739E7094-EB92-4B15-BC2C-7B640A7FD108@microsoft.com... > ...

Transfer email message from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003 after Win 7 upgrade
Just upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. The upgrade went well, no problems at all. Under Vista, I was using Windows Mail. Windows 7 does not have a mail client, but I already have Microsoft Office 2003 installed on this computer, and would like to import my Windows Mail into Outlook 2003. Problem is, I cannot export my message from Windows Mail because it does not run under Win 7. How can I import my messages into Outlook 2003? Windows Live Mail, conect old mail, export to Exchange (outlook) "David Wess" <davidwess@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66ad58f9-1a14-4...

Encrypting serial mails
Hello, I want to send encrypted serial mails using MS Word and MS Outlook. Word 's function for sendind serial letters and serial mails works well with Outlook, but no encryption is possible. I tried several configurations in [ Options | Security | Secure Emails ]. All I got was that I was forced to encrypt every email I send. But this didn't work for serial mails which I wrote with Word. No encryption took place with the settings above. I'd also like to mention that I use CryptoEx as encryption tool. It has additional paramaters for sending secure mails but not worked with ser...

Media Center problems.
Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with Media Center on my new Windows 7 x64 bit system. Firstly, I am unable to remove a folder from the media libraries list for 'Recorded TV.' When I try to remove this folder from the list, I am unable to. There is a tick beside it that I am unable to remove. I am also unable to remove it manually windows explorer as access is denied due to needing permission from NETWORK SERVICES. Secondly, I am unable to start the Windows Media Center Receiver Service. When I try to, I receive the following error message: "Error 0x80070...

How do I set up e-mails on new laptop
I use Microsoft Outlook for my e-mails, and recently purchased a DELL laptop but cannot find any links to start receiving e-mails on laptop. Being a complete ludite I am being told by Virgin Media I need to download but what. Hope you can help. Many thanks. John langford You need the account settings as supplied by VM Account type: pop Incoming Server: mail.virgin.net Outgoing Server(smtp): mail.virgin.net Then your user name & password "Spotter" <Spotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97C71FE4-0F68-49EA-B3D8-B4DA5EB25ACF@mic...

How do I center a publication in an email?
Hello My problem: When I have my Publisher document sent as an e-mail message, the person opening up the email sees the document flushed to the left of the screen. I never do anything to the document for it to show up that way, it just does. Is there an option anywhere to change that? I want my document to be seen in the center of the screen when the recipient opens it. Thanks Thank You Marissa, If you wish to retain formatting, create and attach a .pdf. Not all recipients will have Publisher. Try the free PrimoPDF from http://www.primopdf.com "Marissa" <Marissa@discus...

move e-mail to Junk E-Mail folder
Good morning! We have a client who asked what I think is a simple question yet I can not find away to do this. User is using Outlook 2003 SP2. There is currently no Exchange Server in this environment (that will change in a month). There area couple parts to this question: 1) He can be looking at e-mails in his Inbox. He decides that he wants to add an e-mail from me to his safe senders list. Okay. Not a problem. However, let's say that he wants to add an e-mail from me and an e-mail from my colleague. So, now the e-mail from me and from my colleague are selected. He can n...