cd-rom not reading program

I recently purchased the Publisher 2002 to upgrade my Office 2000 Publisher program.  Now my cd-rom will not acknowledge the disk.  All of my other programs work, apparently this one my be faulty.  Is there a way to fix this?  If so how do I do it.  I've tried to install it manually but that doesn't work either.  Please give me some suggestions on how to correct it.
0
anonymous (74719)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from little11969 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> I recently purchased the Publisher 2002 to upgrade my Office 2000
> Publisher program.  Now my cd-rom will not acknowledge the disk.  All
> of my other programs work, apparently this one my be faulty.  Is
> there a way to fix this?  If so how do I do it.  I've tried to
> install it manually but that doesn't work either.  Please give me
> some suggestions on how to correct it.

Do you receive any errors?  What do you mean by "not acknowledge the disk"?
Which disc are you trying to insert?  For what purpost?
What version of Windows are you using?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

sample data in project accounting better by small program like HR
Is better to add the sample date in Project accounting by small program like HR or Manufacturing. because the macro some times stop if you didn't make the payroll tax update or didn't make the path of the picture for payroll. so I suggest it is better and easy for all please best Awad Elshafia Ibrahim ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Microsoft Money CD wanted to buy.
I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version 14.0.100.1105. Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. Ebay or Amazon or use google to find others. -- Peace, BobJ "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1EFD25-8859-459F-B7F2-162E3170B8EC@microsoft.com... >I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version >14.0.100.1105. > Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. ..1105 was a download service patch to the shipped M05 CDs. I'm not sure--doubt if--they ever slipstreamed this onto...

loaded office pro 07 1st cd & registed what about 2nd cd?
only promped for one cd ?????????????? I haven't loaded office from the retail cd so I can't be certain what the issue is. Did you select all the samples and other optional features? They may be on the second CD so you would only have to mount the second CD if you needed to install something from it. There may be other optional files that only need to be installed if your system needs them. Many options default to run from CD or install on first use so if you didn't change those to run from my computer, you may be prompted as you use the feature to mount the other CD. ...

program freezes after saving
I have publisher 2003 and every time I publish my website it freezes when its saving. Also my pictures won't show up on the website when it doesn't freeze. What should I do? Try posting your question in the following newsgroup: "publisher.webdesign" http://tinyurl.com/2rhz7 -- John Inzer "Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:657169E5-E275-46CA-8021-142FACB9E77C@microsoft.com... >I have publisher 2003 and every time I publish my website it freezes when >its > saving. Also my pictures won't show up on the we...

problem burning cd
i have been trying to burn a cd on windows media player but once i have created my playlist which i made sure would fit onto the cd i simply get the message connect a burner and restart. i have a cd burner which i put the blank disk into so why cant i burn my cd? any help much apprciated On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:08:02 -0800, smooth <smooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have been trying to burn a cd on windows media player but once i have >created my playlist which i made sure would fit onto the cd i simply get the >message connect a burner and restart. i hav...

Excel is written in which programming language ?
Is the programming language used by MS for Excel sturdy to handle very large volume of data ? -- Shrikant Depends on what you mean by very large volumes. If you are talking tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands, it might be able to handle it, but is that the best way? Often a database is better to store the data and extract summary info into Excel for analysis etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Shrikant" <Shrikant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B3BAC58-BCCD-416E-B044-405066F8AF21@microsoft.com... > Is t...

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Reading/Reporting Activity History
I wish to be able to report on case history specifically and activity history generally. Is there a way of compiling a report either by advanced find or programming a report in VB that will include e-mail activity and the notes fields? (I know that I can print the notes fields, but I cannot do anything with the e-mail correspondence) I would then be able to send a report to my customers at the end of the month showing the exact status of their cases - and justifying my existence! It would be very useful to be able to read the history with a reading pane or a two line view like you can ...

Once you install MSOffice for Mac how do you uninstall programs separately?
I have installed MSOffice Mac 2004 on my Mac and now I want to take Entourage off. How do I do this. I just recently switched to Mac and am used to the add remove programs section on a pc. The uninstaller with Office looks like it uninstalls the whole version of MSOffice. Quite honestly, your best bet is to just leave it as it is. If you don't intend to use it, just ignore the fact that it is there - it won't hurt anything. However, other parts of Office rely on Entourage components, so removing it could cause other problems. Even if you could remove it with no side effects you w...

Programming to USB
Hello everybody, I am in urgent need of a method to read and write to a USB Port .Any example regarding USB Modem,USB Webcam would be very very helpful.Where can i get the required sdk's or the progamming techniques to the USB port.I am a INTERMEDIATE LEVEL programmer to the serial Port. Pls reply to my mail address too. Thanks in advance, Suresh. There is no simple way to do this. Check out Jungo's USB driver toolkit. This may be the best way to go for you. USB is very complicated and requires lots and lots and lots of understanding. Along with that, there is ...

save a file on a CD.
I want to save a file on a CD. When I try, I'm told it is not a legal operation ( or something to that effect) and that I must get permission from the 'Administrator". Who would that be?? If you're using File|SaveAs (or its xl2007+ equivalent), then you'll want to make sure that the drive you're using allows you to use it this way. One of my drives has a DLA (Direct Line Access???). This allows this drive to be used the way file|SaveAs would need. The other doesn't allow this. In any event, I wouldn't do this. I think it'll cause more tro...

ANN: Read newsgroups in Outlook with NewsGator 1.3
NewsGator, the popular RSS news aggregator for Outlook, has added support for reading NNTP newsgroups in version 1.3. Take a look! Web site: http://www.newsgator.com 1.3 press release: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030805/55302_1.html -- Greg Reinacker NewsGator Technologies http://www.newsgator.com ...

reading and verifying digital certificate
Friends, How to read the key to digital sign your data and later to validate the digitally sign data. for that sake we need to first extract private key and public key from the digital certificate. Please advice how to proceed. Regards, Vivek ...

CD
how can i copy of information in outlook to CD Close Outlook - copy/paste. Be sure your CD burning software supports copying as well as burning. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3f5801c42b21$7e1ab090$a401280a@phx.gbl... | how can i copy of information in outlook to CD ...

Reading pane general question
I'm using Outlook 2007 (under Vista Home premium) and very recently I noticed that many (if not all) of the folders under my InBox, and I have a lot, were configured with the Reading Pane abled. I do not use that feature and the change surprised me. I could see how I might have accidentally clicked that option for one folder but not folders that I rarely use. I went back and manually disabled the Reading Pane from those folders (75+ folders, in various groups, grouped under the InBox). Any thoughts on how this could have happened? I'm more curious than annoyed. Any thoughts?...

Excel file opened as read-only, if saved by another user
I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and "B". If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no problem in open it as a read/write file. It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating this file regardless of how I logged in. Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be updated? How can I correct it? Rgds, GeEf GeEf, Open the file, (either user) and look in the Share Fi...

Funny story: The first thing I did was "delete program files" ;)
Hello, When I started using Windows 95 for the first time, the first thing I did was: "Delete Program Files" I was like: "What's all this junk doing on my computer ?" Fortunately somebody else was with me who said: "NOOOOOOO, That's all your programs !" LOL. He was able to "undelete it" lol ! =D Stupid Microsoft/Windows LOL ;) =D Bye, Skybuck =D "Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFuture@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:cf726$4b61cf76$d53371df$8754@cache1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hello, >...

How to find your program's IP address
WORD wVersionRequested; WSADATA wsaData; char name[255]; CString ip; PHOSTENT hostinfo; wVersionRequested = MAKEWORD( 2, 0 ); if ( WSAStartup( wVersionRequested, &wsaData ) == 0 ) { if( gethostname ( name, sizeof(name)) == 0) { if((hostinfo = gethostbyname(name)) != NULL) { ip = inet_ntoa (*(struct in_addr*)*hostinfo->h_addr_list); } } WSACleanup(); } ....Assuming you've only one IP, ip is your IP. ...

Microsoft word is GONE from my office folder under programs
I use Vista - the only way I can access word is to find and old word doc and launch it and then close it - where did the "program" start up go and how do I get it back????? -- Thanks for any help! Ether repair Office, which should replace the shortcuts, or create a new shortcut to winword.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 where 12 is the Word version - here 2007. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmay...

copy file to cd
when I copy a file that is not "read only", after it is copied to a cd it becomes "read only". How do I stop this from happening??????????? coolyus First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media directly. Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open. The read only bit....... That is the default behaviour when saving/copying to CD. All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD. With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only. If you were to use a packet writing application like Ne...

Access 2003 .ldb file is read only and cannot be deleted
I have a user that reported when he closes an Access 2003 database, the .ldb file doesn't disappear and actually says it is read only. I have checked his permissions and he has FULL access to the directory. If he logs off and logs back in, it disappears. It is on a Windows 2003 File Server. I have heard that this is an issue sometimes related to access databases on a fileserver. Any suggestions? Does he have Delete permissions? Typically, if permissions are in order, there has been an inelegant exit of the database. This can be a user training issue, or it can be hardware rela...

Money 2004 doesn't list available CD-R/CD-RW to back up to....
In Money 2004, why wouldn't it list an available CD-RW to back up to in the drop down box at Tools/Options/Backup? According to this article in the MS Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=265130&Product=mny http://tinyurl.com/4bzoj ....it should list it, and on another machine that I have Money 2004 installed on, it lists the A: and a ZIP drive I have installed as D:, but no CD-RW drive. What am I missing that's keeping these two machines from seeing the CD-R/CD-RW as an available drive to write to? -- bill evans WHEvansIIINO@SPAMcharter.net Ha...

How to read values from a table?
Hi, I am trying to redesign an old database. I have three forms start, entry, edit forms. Start form is like a switch board to enter into the forms. An audit is entered into the database through "Entry" form which has around 50 controls. All these controls gets stored in the main table. "Edit" forms allows you to edit the audit. The issue here is the "Edit" form doesn't read the values from the main table when the form is loaded. I have a logic to read the values from the main table in "start" form. Everything looks fine with the SQL statemen...

Cleaning up log files under \Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder?
One of our exchange server is running out of space, I noticed there are a lot of .log files under \Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA, which was dated since day 1 when Exchange Server was created. What is the standard procedure in cleaning those up? These are your Exchange transaction log files; do not interfere with them manually. You need to perform an online backup with an Exchange aware backup program. This will purge the log files on a nightly basis (assuming you choose a full or incremental backup). As a short-term measure, you could enable circular logging, but this will limit your abil...

Microsoft Office programs not starting.
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel I just bought Microsoft Office and when I try to open Word or any of the programs, it directs me to the setup assistant even when I downloaded all the updates already. Is there any way to remedy this? "SunnyCheng@officeformac.com" wrote: > I just bought Microsoft Office and when I try to open Word or any of the > programs, it directs me to the setup assistant even when I downloaded all the > updates already. Is there any way to remedy this? See this page for help: Install and Update Errors <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_up...