Catalog Merge with MySql

Hello,

I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But I'm
confused how I would setup one aspect.

I have a table in the database that contains my products and then a
table that has the pictures associated with those products.
I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for the
products.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Sandy
0
sandymc (2)

I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the
same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture
field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and
format without having to type the complete path, for example,
dog.jpg, cat.jpg and so on.

--
Mary

"�andy" <sandymc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But
> I'm
> confused how I would setup one aspect.
>
> I have a table in the database that contains my products and
> then a
> table that has the pictures associated with those products.
> I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for
> the
> products.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Sandy

0
noone1 (387)
8/26/2010 11:06:45 AM
Thanks for your reply Mary.

That part I have figured out. If I had just one picture field in the
same table as my products than it would be fine. But each product
could have any number of pictures so the pictures are in their own
table and tied together by the id of the product.

Thanks again,
Sandy

On Aug 26, 8:06=A0am, "Mary" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the
> same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture
> field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and
> format without having to type the complete path, for example,
> dog.jpg, cat.jpg and so on.
>
> --
> Mary
>
> "=A7andy" <sand...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But
> > I'm
> > confused how I would setup one aspect.
>
> > I have a table in the database that contains my products and
> > then a
> > table that has the pictures associated with those products.
> > I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for
> > the
> > products.
>
> > Any help would be great.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Sandy

0
sandymc (2)
8/26/2010 11:23:53 AM
Create fields for the products. The catalog merge can have any number of images.
All the pictures can be in the same folder; just be sure to give them different
names.

--

> Thanks for your reply Mary.
>
> That part I have figured out. If I had just one picture field in the
> same table as my products than it would be fine. But each product
> could have any number of pictures so the pictures are in their own
> table and tied together by the id of the product.
>
> Thanks again,
> Sandy
>
> On Aug 26, 8:06 am, "Mary" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the
>> same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture
>> field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and
>> format without having to type the complete path, for example,
>> dog.jpg, cat.jpg and so on.
>>
>> --
>> Mary
>>
>> "�andy" <sand...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hello,
>>
>> > I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But
>> > I'm
>> > confused how I would setup one aspect.
>>
>> > I have a table in the database that contains my products and
>> > then a
>> > table that has the pictures associated with those products.
>> > I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for
>> > the
>> > products.
>>
>> > Any help would be great.
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> > Sandy

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Where do I find the Product Catalog
Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the right screen. What application/URL do I need to open, my current http://sbs:5555 - settings link doesn't show the product catalog even under administrator In CRM 3.0, the Product Catalog is on the main "Settings" screen. "TheComputerGuy (PF)" <TheComputerGuyPF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA477C15-6FD1-4A98-BF02-4B00766C5F77@microsoft.com... > Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the > right > screen. What appl...

Mail merge issues/ security delays with using Word to create merged emails
Hi, I recently updated my officed product to OFfice 2000 sp-1 then 2 then 3. Before updating I had no troubles using Word to merge emails. However since updating I now get a HIGHLY annoying and TIME consuming window that asks me permission to automatically generate an outgoing email. Then I have to WAIT 5 second and CLICK YES per merged email. If you are trying to maintain a list of some sort and send 50-100 emails, this is indeed very annoying. Any assitance to eliminate or by-pass this step would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Peter I don't think there's anything to get...

Mail Merge Template sharing issue?
Hi, When developing a word template, publish it and upgrading it's policy to organization it behavious different. The difference lies that on the developing station, the word document starts without the internet explorer invoking or without the question of retrieving the sql data, while on a users workstation everything has to be setup again (connect tot sql string, push the CRM button). I'm referring to word 2007 and word 2003 xml documents. ergo; the templates behave like it should only on the developing workstation. Any clues? Thanks in advance, Jan ...

Catalog Merge with MySql
Hello, I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But I'm confused how I would setup one aspect. I have a table in the database that contains my products and then a table that has the pictures associated with those products. I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for the products. Any help would be great. Thanks, Sandy I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and format without having to type the...

Merge Customer Accounts
Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? Hi Butch - there's an article in the knowledgebase on customersource that explains how to do this by running queries against the database. Make sure you first make a backup of your database before attempting anything however. hth kevin "Butch" wrote: > Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? > > > Butch, If you have access to CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/hdt9u -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see...

Merging 2 publications
I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to merge them into 1 publication. One has a text file that overflows to text boxes on multiple pages. "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work within a single publication. Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE25F04-3F8D-46D2-8533-1C5D4652072B@microsoft.com... > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to > merge them into 1 ...

PST File merging?
We recently set up a new 2003 e-mailserver. We had to create mailboxes and then import PST files. My question is that some people are missing a few pieces of mail, contacts, and personel distribution lists. If I merge a PST file from a week ago with a mailbox that is working now, will it just add the differcence in the content or will the contents of the mailbox be replaced with the PST file entirely? Regards, Merge data into the target store (Default selection) This option causes the program to merge data into the target store. Before copying any messages in a folder to the target st...

autofit catalog merge area for catalog merge
I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a brochure. The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas for some merged cells and truncated text in others. Any ideas? You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:653A15BF-B4A5-48A1-ABD5-972116584D64@micro...

How to merge multiple Inbox.dbx
Is ther eany way I ca n merge Inbox.dbx from multiple folders? I've multiple user who logs on the PC, If I start outlook with signing them off, the inbox get created under there home directory, so now I've about five places where I've INBOX.dbx, is anyone out there know how to merge all together? thanks for your time This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

Merge Data in tables
I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" it puts the same name in all 8 of the cells. How do I make it put different names in different cells? I am using Publisher 2000. Set up the sheet size for one name tag, then do 8-up when you print.. "Ralph S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1254d01c417f9$fa6d9e40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to > fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" > it...

Dataset Merge / getchanges just adding records?
I'm using the following subroutine. The two different XML files are identical with the exception of three additional records in the second one. One has 450 records, and the other has 453. After merging, I get 903 records. I guess what I expected was 3 records; just the differences in the two. The two tables have the exact same structure, etc.... So am I misinterpreting how to do this? It seems to me that the merge should produce only three new records! Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click Dim dsOld As Data...

Help, trying to merge and purge
Hello I've been learning Access for my job and I have been doing quite well on my own, although I have run into a problem. I have to update our database with new records, and the way my boss wants to do this is take our new records (which are already in .mdb format of course) and merge them with the record we currently have. Then he wants me to purge all of the duplicate records, so that our new database as our old records and our new records without any duplicates. Would anyone a good way to go about this? Thank you. The problem is simple if there's only 1 table, but get c...

catalog merge #10
I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. What data base program are you using? See if formatting the field as text helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stetka" <stetka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C900DA-995F-4598-B4FC-C8E3434E0D53@microsoft.com... >I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has > excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. I trie...

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

Can I merge a list of email addresses from exel into outlook?
w/out having to enter each on separately, can I merge the email addresses into a group? Hi MDuda See this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "MDuda" <MDuda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B58DEF30-7EEA-4244-BBED-C1851156DF6C@microsoft.com... > w/out having to enter each on separately, can I merge the email addresses > into a group? ...

How do i convert a print catalog to an electronic catalog in Publ.
I have designed a catalog in publisher for print, now I want to convert it to a pdf file that i can send to customers through e-mail so they can view the catalog with adobe with the pages in order, How do I do this? I have converted it to a TIFF but when i open it up the pages are out of order, any suggestions. You will need a pdf creating program, i.e., primopdf (free) or if you plan to email the catalog out you may want to get the best pdf creating program for making the smallest file, PDF-XChange (it's the one I use). It has a modest cost. www.primopdf.com http://www.docu-tra...

Merging Workbooks
HELP !!I have two large but seperate workbooks (2000 rows each) that both have two common columns that contains the same misc numbers and text (such as premise number and street name). Other columns contain differenct data, such as name, or community in one workbook and date of hire and salary in the other workbook. I want to blend the two workbooks into one workbook combining the common data and then adding the remaining columns so that I end up with a single row that I could sort by premise number and or street name, but can't find a solution within "help" I'd cr...

Packs in the products catalog
Hi, all: We know the group concept existing in the Microsoft CRM, which is based on assigning a different price to a group of instances of the same base product. We have requirements to develop a different "pack" concept, which would be composed by a collection of different base products (instead of a multi-instantiated product). The "box" is not just a set of 12 bottles, but a group that includes 6 bottles, 6 glasses and one tray. Has anybody found this scenario before? Any hint or suggestion to solve it? Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Merge file pairs
I have several hundreds of pairs of files (file1 in one subfolder i paired to file1 in second subfolder) where I need to open the pair copy arange (columns a to e) from one file to the other, then save an close the files. Then loop on to the next pair in the list. Has anyon done this? Can you point me to examples? I've looked at several we sites (debruin, for ex.) but cannot find exactly what I need. Al suggestions welcome -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Mail merge problems with Outlook security update
Hi there, I've recently installed some security updates to Office 2000 via windows Update, and now when running an (email) Mail Merge, it askes me if I want to allow this action *for each & every recipient*! even if I check the 'allow this action' box for 10 mins. I've changed the Macro security setting, but this makes no difference. Can anyone help? thanks in advance, Jamie Your options are all outlined here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Work Hard" <enquiries@workhardpr.com> wrote in message news:...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

Merge #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C933A2.2366D4B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 1 laptop and 1 PC. Can I merge outlook data into one machine? I have Windows XP SP3 on both machines connected in a home network. Both have MS Office 2002 (XP) SP3. I am most interested in saving the contacts and inbox folders. I can do = without the rest. Could I use a internet bases program to help me on this task? I want to do this before I upgrade to MS Office Pro 2007. Thanks, Carlos, ...

Mail merge with marketing list members
I want to set up a marketing list, then write a letter (with nice formatting in Word) to all of those members. I may well be missing something, but I can't see an easy way to do this. There are two ways I would ideally like to do this: 1 - Write a letter within CRM, and do a campaign with this letter merged with the members of a marketing list. I wouldn't have thought it should be hard to do this as it would be a fairly common marketing tool, but I'm damned if I can work out how to do it! 2 - Write a letter within Word, set up a mail merge using the CRM database. This I can defi...

Catalogs
I have done a catalog using the catalog template, it worked out great, however I have just sent it to the print shop for printing and they have asked to up it to an 11' by 17' size so that I can end up with two covers on the same page, how do I do that? Please help. imo the printer should do that -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Novice II" <Novice II@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F78DE5B-C377-46B4-B409-BA11B7C0C602@microsoft.com... |I have done a catalog using the catalog template, it worked out great, | howeve...