CAtalog merge not showing pictures - help!!

I am using Publisher 2003 and uding the catalog merge wizard to create photo
directory.- My data source spreadsheet has a column that contains links to
picture files.  I have used the complete file names, but cannot seem to get
the photos to show up. I have added .jpg to end of names - they all reside in
same file with data source spreadsheet and publisher template file - Help!!
Any other reasons that pictures won't print?

MArtha
0
Martha (18)

Lots of help here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010381431033.aspx
Create a data source for a mail merge or a catalog merge

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"MArtha" <MArtha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Publisher 2003 and uding the catalog merge wizard to create photo
> directory.- My data source spreadsheet has a column that contains links to
> picture files.  I have used the complete file names, but cannot seem to get
> the photos to show up. I have added .jpg to end of names - they all reside in
> same file with data source spreadsheet and publisher template file - Help!!
> Any other reasons that pictures won't print?
>
> MArtha

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Journal Viewer Receipt Only Shows Half
When I view a receipt in the journal viewer it only shows me half the receipt (cut off down the middle). I am using an Epson Tm-T88III printer with OPOS driver which doesn't allow me to do anything via the Page Set Up option. Can someone help me with this problem please? Try Ctrl+Right Arrow and Ctrl+Left Arrow, this will show you the next/previous pages of the receipt that you have selected. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems > When I view a receipt in the journal viewer it only shows me half the > receipt (cut off down the middle). I am using an Epson Tm-T88III > ...

Where do I find the Product Catalog
Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the right screen. What application/URL do I need to open, my current http://sbs:5555 - settings link doesn't show the product catalog even under administrator In CRM 3.0, the Product Catalog is on the main "Settings" screen. "TheComputerGuy (PF)" <TheComputerGuyPF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA477C15-6FD1-4A98-BF02-4B00766C5F77@microsoft.com... > Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the > right > screen. What appl...

Mail merge issues/ security delays with using Word to create merged emails
Hi, I recently updated my officed product to OFfice 2000 sp-1 then 2 then 3. Before updating I had no troubles using Word to merge emails. However since updating I now get a HIGHLY annoying and TIME consuming window that asks me permission to automatically generate an outgoing email. Then I have to WAIT 5 second and CLICK YES per merged email. If you are trying to maintain a list of some sort and send 50-100 emails, this is indeed very annoying. Any assitance to eliminate or by-pass this step would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Peter I don't think there's anything to get...

Mail Merge Template sharing issue?
Hi, When developing a word template, publish it and upgrading it's policy to organization it behavious different. The difference lies that on the developing station, the word document starts without the internet explorer invoking or without the question of retrieving the sql data, while on a users workstation everything has to be setup again (connect tot sql string, push the CRM button). I'm referring to word 2007 and word 2003 xml documents. ergo; the templates behave like it should only on the developing workstation. Any clues? Thanks in advance, Jan ...

only show last value entered in a row
Need formula to only show last value entered in a row.. Thanks To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Tue, 4 May 2004 20:10:08 -0500, picktr <<picktr.15rdmw@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Need formula to only show last value entered in a row.. > >Thanks > >Tom > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See answer in .misc Please post only to one group. Most read all the groups and it only fragments efforts. --ron ...

Folder List shows old user name on mailbox
I have a user running Outlook 2000. The backend is Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 in a Windows 2000 domain with Active Directory. The user in question started out as a temp and had an account with a username of "temp1" and a display name of "Temp 1"; when the user was hired, the account's username was changed to "username" and the display name to "User Name". Everything in AD and Outlook is working with the new username/display name, but one minor annoyance remains: in the Outlook Folder List, the user's mailbox still displays "Ou...

Catalog Merge with MySql
Hello, I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But I'm confused how I would setup one aspect. I have a table in the database that contains my products and then a table that has the pictures associated with those products. I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for the products. Any help would be great. Thanks, Sandy I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and format without having to type the...

Pictures in background #2
Is there a way to insert an image in excel and have it sent back behind the cell text? I tried the order to back command - no luck. At the menu, Format, Sheet, Background... HTH "RL Johnson" <archirod@msn.com> wrote in message news:01f201c3bc47$19910460$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to insert an image in excel and have it > sent back behind the cell text? I tried the order to > back command - no luck. Note that images entered this way do not appear in a print of the area. -- regards, Tom Ogilvy JMay <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:rSsAb.476...

Merge Customer Accounts
Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? Hi Butch - there's an article in the knowledgebase on customersource that explains how to do this by running queries against the database. Make sure you first make a backup of your database before attempting anything however. hth kevin "Butch" wrote: > Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? > > > Butch, If you have access to CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/hdt9u -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see...

organizational forms not showing up for one user.
I had my first experience with creating and publishing custom forms last week, for the most part all went well. I created the form and some basic fields which our customer service reps will fill out. I created the Organizational Forms Library under the EForms Registry on our single Exchange 2000 server, most of our employees are running Office XP on Windows 2000 Terminal services/Citrix and everything worked fine. This afternoon I was made aware that our operations manager does not see the Organizational Forms in Outlook when he goes to the Tools menu -> Forms -> Choose Form. The senior...

Merging 2 publications
I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to merge them into 1 publication. One has a text file that overflows to text boxes on multiple pages. "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work within a single publication. Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE25F04-3F8D-46D2-8533-1C5D4652072B@microsoft.com... > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to > merge them into 1 ...

embedded clipart not showing up in recieved email
Hello, Has anyone come acrossed the problem where embedded clipart will not display in recieved email. I have messed with changing between html and rich text. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Brad Moody bmoody@watstatecu.org ...

Outlook 2007 calendar only show 9 to 5 events
Someone told me that he could manage to set the calender view from 9am to 5pm? but he forgot how to set it again. Can i just set the display to show the events between 9 to 5? Thanks. You can open the menu tools -options, then select calender options, pop the dialog , select the proper time, that 's ok. "tony wong" <x34@netvigator.com> д���ʼ� news:e$khC0%23$HHA.4200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Someone told me that he could manage to set the calender view from 9am to > 5pm? but he forgot how to set it again. > > Can i just set the display to show the eve...

Re-size picture in Outlook 2007 signature
When I insert my logo (.jpg) into my Outlook 2007 signature, it appears in a very large size. When I go to re-size it smaller by dragging the handle boxes around it, it will not re-size. I've tried right-clicking and double clicking on the logo and nothing helps. Am I able to re-size a picture to be smaller in a signature? Thanks, Melissa While you should be able to resize the picture in Outlook itself, it is better not to do this. It is recommended to resize the picture in a picture editing tool to the exact size that you'll. This way you'll also bring down ...

PST File merging?
We recently set up a new 2003 e-mailserver. We had to create mailboxes and then import PST files. My question is that some people are missing a few pieces of mail, contacts, and personel distribution lists. If I merge a PST file from a week ago with a mailbox that is working now, will it just add the differcence in the content or will the contents of the mailbox be replaced with the PST file entirely? Regards, Merge data into the target store (Default selection) This option causes the program to merge data into the target store. Before copying any messages in a folder to the target st...

How to merge multiple Inbox.dbx
Is ther eany way I ca n merge Inbox.dbx from multiple folders? I've multiple user who logs on the PC, If I start outlook with signing them off, the inbox get created under there home directory, so now I've about five places where I've INBOX.dbx, is anyone out there know how to merge all together? thanks for your time This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

new emails don't show without clicking send-receive
new emails don't show without clicking send-receive button--and now I've lost the send/receive button. What do I do? thanks ...

autofit catalog merge area for catalog merge
I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a brochure. The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas for some merged cells and truncated text in others. Any ideas? You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:653A15BF-B4A5-48A1-ABD5-972116584D64@micro...

Merge Data in tables
I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" it puts the same name in all 8 of the cells. How do I make it put different names in different cells? I am using Publisher 2000. Set up the sheet size for one name tag, then do 8-up when you print.. "Ralph S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1254d01c417f9$fa6d9e40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to > fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" > it...

How to show "Run as" Dialog from MFC application
Hi, I have a SDI MFC application. I need to do the following: When I run the MFC application for a non-admin user in Windows XP by clicking on the executable, I need the application to pop - up the "Run as following user" dialog. And, if the credentials are right the application thread should run under administrative privileges. In short, I want the behaviour to be same as doing a right click on the .exe and selecting Run As option. Please Help!! Regards, Susanna See if the following link helps you http://tinyurl.com/33l6lt Cheers Check Abdoul ---------------...

Upside Down & Mirror Images of Pictures
Our company has an Excel Spreadsheet expense report master with our company logo inserted in a set of merged cells. When viewed/used in Excel 2002, the logo is upside down and a mirror image of what is shown in Excel 2000. I checked and some other 2000 spreadsheets with this logo appear OK when viewed in 2002. I guess the Master report on our LAN could be edited with 2002 to fix this problem. But my concern is if this does happens on other documents created in Excel 2000 or before, it could be rather embarrassing if those documents are sent to a client. Anyone seen this before? Any...

Dataset Merge / getchanges just adding records?
I'm using the following subroutine. The two different XML files are identical with the exception of three additional records in the second one. One has 450 records, and the other has 453. After merging, I get 903 records. I guess what I expected was 3 records; just the differences in the two. The two tables have the exact same structure, etc.... So am I misinterpreting how to do this? It seems to me that the merge should produce only three new records! Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click Dim dsOld As Data...

catalog merge #10
I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. What data base program are you using? See if formatting the field as text helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stetka" <stetka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C900DA-995F-4598-B4FC-C8E3434E0D53@microsoft.com... >I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has > excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. I trie...

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...