catalog merge group by field

I'm trying to do a catalog merge with multiple records grouped by a field.
i.e. result would be

Rubber Wedge
WED15 $35
WED18 $38

PVC Wedge
WEDP15 $22
WEDP18 $23
WEDP21 $24

Where the two recorde for rubber wedge are grouped by description field and
the three records for PVC wedge are grouped by field.

I cannot find instructions to do this in publisher help and there is no
apparent button in the catalog merge area.
0
Kevin105 (377)

Kevin wrote:
> I cannot find instructions to do this in publisher help and there is no
> apparent button in the catalog merge area.

That would be because there is no automated way to do this. You will
either have to do it manually, or to hire a consultant to write an
add-in to do the heavy lifting.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

conditional text merge
I want to merge text under the following criteria, First issue (data in Col A in sequence) Col A(text) Col B(text) a gg a hh a s b r b ee c tt d ss d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Second issue (data in Col A not in sequence) a gg b r a hh a s b ee d ss c tt d ee Merge to: a gg hh s b r c tt d ss ee Is it possible to merge it? TIA norik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi yes it is possible but will require some VBA. below one way: 1. Create a unique list for column A on a separate sheet: - selec...

Using the mail merge function from excell
Is there a way of using the mail merge function in word to set up a three column format of names and addresses. I need to do this without using the "label" format - as I need it in word domument format in order to be able to add and make changes in word. Thanks Sheila You may want to look into storing your data in excel (already has nice columns and rows) and using MSWord's builtin MailMerge to create the labels. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from Davi...

email groups
I have tried to send group emails of approx 40 names from my outlook address book......I got bounce backs from 12 the first time I sent and 12 additional names the second time...they are from different domains Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: Probe failed: Illegal To: address (invalid domain name): 'rita311@optonline.net' this is the message I get....can anyone help ? Regards Angelo39 ...

Can no longer cut/paste ranges in chart "edit data" fields?
In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y datasets using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? Also the chart range resets itself to the current length of the data, however, in many instances I want to set an exact future range. Is there a way to have excel not reset the range to what it "thinks" I want. > In Excel 2007 I can no longer cut/paste cell ranges into the x and y > datasets > using the edit data tool. Is there a way to turn this back on? I have no problem doing what you can't. Could you provide more det...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

Merging queries by column in access
Hi, I have a series of queries which get data aggregated by year, e.g. select year(date), min(var1), avg(var1), max(var1) from table where (ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) select year(date), min(var2), avg(var2), max(var2) from table where (entirely different ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) etc etc There are six queries like this so what I want is to amalgamate these columns together into one results table (and also into one query so users can just run one stored query rather than six!) as follows: year, m...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

Group
I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my everyday contacts. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry to bother you on such a trivial question. -- Thank-you Carl R Check 'Categories' in help "Carl R" <carlritcey@bendbroaband.com> wrote in message news:7E27F9E8-81B4-42B6-B30C-9970FA0F796C@microsoft.com... > I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my > everyday contacts. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry > to bother you on such a trivial questio...

Option Buttons in Group Box
I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms Tool bar) Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet. Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:1111518141.249157.66540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have two group boxes with t...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

CRM Contact fields not available in Advanced Search
Why aren't all fields available to use in Contact advanced search? Some attributes of an entity are shown in the Attributes view in the customization area, but are not available to search on in the "Advanced Find" form. Why is this? Is there a way of making the fields available? There is one Contact field "relationshiptype" I use a lot for marketing campaigns. I want to use advanced search to filter "customers" and exclude competitors, partners, suppliers, editors, etc. from my search. This attribute is not available in advanced search. I have to expor...

Adding a spouse in an address merge
I know this has probably been covered but I can't find it so thanks in advance for the help. I would like to add a spouse in a mail merge. Example: <<firstname>> and <<spouse>> <<lastname>> But if the spouse doesn't exist I need to know how to eliminate the "and" and extra spaces. Thanks -Lenox You need this syntax: { MERGEFIELD firstname }{ IF { MERGEFIELD spouse } = "" "" " and { MERGEFIELD spouse }" } All fields must be inserted either using Insert | Field (or the button on the Mai...

Hiding a field in Exchange
I have hidden a field in Exchange so when people click on a mailbox properties they don't see it but someone has found a way to display it, simply using the Add to Contact button from the mailbox properties in Outlook. How can I modify this behavior so the hidden field is NOT transported in the contact folder ? The field we're using is the Notes in the telephone tab. Thanks. Michel, It depends on what you use notes for, but you could try removing read permissions from authenticated users to the Notes Property in AD. Joe "Michel Paquin" wrote: > I have hidden ...

pivot table calculated field or item
Hi, my question is..I want to use an If formula based on the Grp colomn value BU (see formula below), but it doesnt recognise the value as "BU", it just returns the false value (value if false). Pivot table rows are as follows SO # Grp Cust Whse SO 311450 BQ BAKERS S 10-Nov-Tue 312385 0 MODERN S 12-Nov-Thu 312403 BU BUNNINGS S 12-Nov-Thu I have inserted a calculated field with formula =IF(Grp="BU",0,1) The formula always returns 1 Thanks for your answer Hi Craig Add an extra column to your source data headed Test with a formula like =IF(B2=&q...

Populate a field in GP through integration
Hi, I am trying to populate a field in GP through integration but this field is not available in destination mapping as it is externally created. I know that it can be done through a macro but don't know how to create the macro. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Take a look at my article "How to import the Vendor 1099 Box with Integration Manager" which shows a technique I used for a user facing the same issue. http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-import-vendor-1099-box-with.html Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Bu...

Remove non-numerics from a field?
I need a fast function to remove all non-numeric characters from a field, what is the best way to do it? It must remove any embedded spaces, e.g. AB12 3C must become 123 Untested air-code: Function RemoveNonNumeric(InputString) As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strCurrChar As String Dim strOutput As String For lngLoop = 1 To Len(InputString) strCurrChar = Mid$(InputString, lngLoop, 1) If strCurrChar >= "0" And strCurrChar <= "9" Then strOutput = strOutput & strCurrChar End If Next lngLoop RemoveNonNumeric = strOutput End Function -- ...

Linking to external document using INCLUDETEXT field looses images
Hello, I would like to inlude the content of another Word document into my Word document. I use the field { INCLUDETEXT "path-to-external.doc"}. It works almost fine (including styles, TOC, references). Unfortunately the images of the external document appear only as gray boxes. I use Word 2007. Can you help? Best regards Michael Are the images in the external document embedded or (more likely) linked? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft....

Calendar Invite goes to users group.
Hi All, Running Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003 Sp2. Sending a calendar invite to a single user somehow gets delivered to one of the groups he is a member of. When I trace the message, it appears as if I had sent two messages! The frst message looks great, gets delivered to his local mailbox, but the second message is crazy. It goes to a group that he belongs to, as if it was sent from me to that group directly. Any ideas? I have made sure that he has not delegated that group in anyway, but I do believe that was the case at some point in the past. Any leads would be helpful. TIA -Kevin ...

stop merging of worksheets into same workbook?
How do I stop the automatic merging of new excel worksheets into an open workbook? I prefer keeping them separate, and this is driving me bananas! Thanks, E-Jo What you describe is not built-in to Excel. Whatever is happening is due to some code (macros) that are running. Provide more detail about what you are doing and what Excel does that you don't want. HTH Otto "Everett Joline" <ejoline@optonline.net> wrote in message news:%23jLjpzPHFHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I stop the automatic merging of new excel worksheets into an open > workbook?...

Saving News Groups
Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case computer crashes Thanks "n." wrote: > > Can someone tell is there a way to save selected news groups just in case > computer crashes Outlook is not a newsreader nor a backup application. I'm not sure exactly what you want to save, but for starters, how about the backup software bundled with your OS? Follow-ups narrowed. Thor -- http://www.anta.net/ News is stored in OE - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com for information on how to backup those files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

British Article for Using Mail Merge in Pub. 2002
I remember seeing a link to a how-to article for using mail merge in Publisher 2002 that was very good. Would someone be kind enough to repost it? Thanks so much. Hi Janie, Here is the link: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP Publisher FAQ Site: http://www.kvalheim.org "Janie" <janie.f@pdq.net> wrote in message news:OBPALPQgDHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I remember seeing a link to a how-to article for using mail merge in > Publisher 2002 that was very good. Would someone be kind enough to repost > it? Thank...