Catalog Merge from SQL Database

I am trying to make a catalog for my business.  I have successfully gotten
the information out of our SQL Database using a Catalog Merge.  My problem is
as follows, we sell printing papers for wide format printers, the paper we
sell have the same descriptions but have different sizes, part numbers, and
pricing, i.e. Paper 1 comes in 36"x100' 42"x100' but both have the same
descriptions as they have the same face surface.  When I do the catalog merge
I get the description for each and every product and it makes the catalog
about twice as long.  I wanted to have a description set up for a group of
papers and then have the individual different sizes, part numbers, and
pricing in a table under the description.  I have tried to make an example
below; this is what I want to have happen.  Please let me know if this is
possible.

Paper 1 is a Coated Matte Print Paper is a versatile media economically
priced for short-term indoor applications. It is lightweight, easy to fold,
and boasts an ink-receiving coating that delivers truly brilliant colors.

Size               Part Number             Price
36"x100'         1051028               $100.00
42"x100'         8980096               $116.67
50"x100'         8518615               $139.00
0
Systems (7)

Graphic Resource Systems wrote:
> I have tried to make an example below; this is what I want to have
> happen.  Please let me know if this is possible.
>

> Paper 1 is a Coated Matte Print Paper is a versatile media
> economically priced for short-term indoor applications. It is
> lightweight, easy to fold, and boasts an ink-receiving coating that
> delivers truly brilliant colors.
>
> Size               Part Number             Price 36"x100'
> 1051028               $100.00 42"x100'         8980096
> $116.67 50"x100'         8518615               $139.00

Catalog Merge is not able to do this; either it would need to be done
manually or you'd need to hire a developer/consultant-type to write an
Automation-based solution.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Where do I find the Product Catalog
Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the right screen. What application/URL do I need to open, my current http://sbs:5555 - settings link doesn't show the product catalog even under administrator In CRM 3.0, the Product Catalog is on the main "Settings" screen. "TheComputerGuy (PF)" <TheComputerGuyPF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA477C15-6FD1-4A98-BF02-4B00766C5F77@microsoft.com... > Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the > right > screen. What appl...

Mail merge issues/ security delays with using Word to create merged emails
Hi, I recently updated my officed product to OFfice 2000 sp-1 then 2 then 3. Before updating I had no troubles using Word to merge emails. However since updating I now get a HIGHLY annoying and TIME consuming window that asks me permission to automatically generate an outgoing email. Then I have to WAIT 5 second and CLICK YES per merged email. If you are trying to maintain a list of some sort and send 50-100 emails, this is indeed very annoying. Any assitance to eliminate or by-pass this step would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Peter I don't think there's anything to get...

Adding database data to a combo box...
Hi guys, I have a working databse query thar returns a list of names. I want to put this into a combo box. Currently I am inserting the database data into a range on my spreadsheet (A1) and it uses as many rows as there are names. In my combo box properties I can specify the ListFillRange as A1:A5 or whatever and this works okay, but the thing is, as names are added to the database, I want the range A1:A5 to update dynamically. Q1. Can I send the QueryTable data directly to the combo box ListFillRange... With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Co=ADnnection:=3Dconnstring, Destination:=3DCo...

Export track lists to database
Is it possible to export track lists as text files to a database such as Excel? i-tunes has this facility I'm using Windows Media Player 11 with XP on a PC On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:48:01 -0800, Denis the Baron <Denis the Baron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to export track lists as text files to a database such as Excel? > i-tunes has this facility >I'm using Windows Media Player 11 with XP on a PC Sure. Create a big stonking playlist with all your tracks on it. Then head over to grab the Power Toys for media player, which has an Expo...

Mail Merge Template sharing issue?
Hi, When developing a word template, publish it and upgrading it's policy to organization it behavious different. The difference lies that on the developing station, the word document starts without the internet explorer invoking or without the question of retrieving the sql data, while on a users workstation everything has to be setup again (connect tot sql string, push the CRM button). I'm referring to word 2007 and word 2003 xml documents. ergo; the templates behave like it should only on the developing workstation. Any clues? Thanks in advance, Jan ...

Catalog Merge with MySql
Hello, I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But I'm confused how I would setup one aspect. I have a table in the database that contains my products and then a table that has the pictures associated with those products. I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for the products. Any help would be great. Thanks, Sandy I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and format without having to type the...

Merge Customer Accounts
Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? Hi Butch - there's an article in the knowledgebase on customersource that explains how to do this by running queries against the database. Make sure you first make a backup of your database before attempting anything however. hth kevin "Butch" wrote: > Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? > > > Butch, If you have access to CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/hdt9u -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see...

Merging 2 publications
I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to merge them into 1 publication. One has a text file that overflows to text boxes on multiple pages. "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work within a single publication. Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE25F04-3F8D-46D2-8533-1C5D4652072B@microsoft.com... > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to > merge them into 1 ...

IM with SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 running on SQL 2005. Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL 2000 and insert in in GP 8.0 Possible? Thanks Terry Yes, you can use SQL Server 2000 databases as a data source for Integration Manager with GP 8 running on SQL 2000/2005. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TerryB" wrote: > Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0 > running on SQL 2005. > > Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL > 2...

autofit catalog merge area for catalog merge
I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a brochure. The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas for some merged cells and truncated text in others. Any ideas? You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:653A15BF-B4A5-48A1-ABD5-972116584D64@micro...

Using excel for a database
I need a database with about 4-500 units (don't know the correct name), each with 3 posts: name, state, mail-address. I shall be able to export all the mail-adressesn to a txt file, with a comma and a space after each. I already have a txt with about 300 mail adresses, separated by a comma, and for a start, I need excel to import them and place them in the database (but without name and state) Is that possible? Thanks Or is it better to use word for it? Excel will work though I'd use prefer to Outlook or Access for this. Really depends on the purpose. -- Regards, Dave Patri...

PST File merging?
We recently set up a new 2003 e-mailserver. We had to create mailboxes and then import PST files. My question is that some people are missing a few pieces of mail, contacts, and personel distribution lists. If I merge a PST file from a week ago with a mailbox that is working now, will it just add the differcence in the content or will the contents of the mailbox be replaced with the PST file entirely? Regards, Merge data into the target store (Default selection) This option causes the program to merge data into the target store. Before copying any messages in a folder to the target st...

How to merge multiple Inbox.dbx
Is ther eany way I ca n merge Inbox.dbx from multiple folders? I've multiple user who logs on the PC, If I start outlook with signing them off, the inbox get created under there home directory, so now I've about five places where I've INBOX.dbx, is anyone out there know how to merge all together? thanks for your time This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

Merge Data in tables
I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" it puts the same name in all 8 of the cells. How do I make it put different names in different cells? I am using Publisher 2000. Set up the sheet size for one name tag, then do 8-up when you print.. "Ralph S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1254d01c417f9$fa6d9e40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to > fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" > it...

sp7 for sql v7.5
I am trying to apply sp7 to our sql server version of GP 7.5. The workstation used for the initial installation of v7.5 on the server no longer exists. When applying the service pack, there is no option to run the GP utilities to upgrade the server because the installation app assumes the server is not being upgraded. What's the flag used by the installation app to provide the "Launch Great Plains Utilities" option? Is it looking for a certain directory structure? btw I launched the utilities outside of setup but there was no option to "Upgrade Great Plains" ...

Open a database with no window, just form
I now have my own, home-built Auto FE Updater which basically involves first launching a version-checker database (.mdb) which checks the file date of the current app file on the user's local drive against the latest version on a shared network drive and downloads from the net if the app version isn't the latest. Then the version-checker mdb calls the actual application database. All of the above works nicely and is obviously easy to implement. So what's my problem? Well, it may be nitpicky but I don't want the user to know that the version-checker is actually a separat...

Dataset Merge / getchanges just adding records?
I'm using the following subroutine. The two different XML files are identical with the exception of three additional records in the second one. One has 450 records, and the other has 453. After merging, I get 903 records. I guess what I expected was 3 records; just the differences in the two. The two tables have the exact same structure, etc.... So am I misinterpreting how to do this? It seems to me that the merge should produce only three new records! Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click Dim dsOld As Data...

transfer database
I need to import 25 workbooks from Excel to Access xp/2002, merging them into one table. I did it using the Access Graphic User Interface and ran into a memory problem-it can only import part of the workbooks on older machines. Would VB code manage the memory issue more efficiently? If so, can you show me the code to do this? I have MINIMAL vb experience. ...

Help, trying to merge and purge
Hello I've been learning Access for my job and I have been doing quite well on my own, although I have run into a problem. I have to update our database with new records, and the way my boss wants to do this is take our new records (which are already in .mdb format of course) and merge them with the record we currently have. Then he wants me to purge all of the duplicate records, so that our new database as our old records and our new records without any duplicates. Would anyone a good way to go about this? Thank you. The problem is simple if there's only 1 table, but get c...

catalog merge #10
I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. What data base program are you using? See if formatting the field as text helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stetka" <stetka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C900DA-995F-4598-B4FC-C8E3434E0D53@microsoft.com... >I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has > excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. I trie...

Backup
Easiest and Step by Step procedure to create backup and restore MS SQL using Enterprise Manager http://www.ezdia.com/Backup_and_Restore_MS_SQL/Content.do?id=1047 ...

BP 4.0 SQL scripts to add this user
Can someone send me this script mentioned in Article ID : 959270 SQL scripts to add this user - "Network Service Account" back into BP 4.0? *** Verify that the Network Service Account account is listed as a user in Business Portal. The alias of this user is nt authority/network service. To do this, follow these steps: a. Start Business Portal by using an account that has Administrative permissions. b. Click Site Actions, and then click Site Settings. c. In the Business Portal Administration section, click Users. d. In the User List, verify that a user named Network Ser...

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...