catalog merge #10

I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has
excessive numbers.  I tried formatting to numbers only.
0
stetka (4)

What data base program are you using? See if formatting the field as text helps.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"stetka" <stetka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has
> excessive numbers.  I tried formatting to numbers only.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/11/2007 9:34:08 AM
I tried several different formats.  The prices show extra numbers in the
function field but not in the cell in excel.  I just had to re-enter the
information manually.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What data base program are you using? See if formatting the field as text helps.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "stetka" <stetka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has
> > excessive numbers.  I tried formatting to numbers only.

0
stetka (4)

Excel Formula #10
This is the first time I send the request to Office KB for the help in Excel. My problem is to find out one formula which can figure out the result which I want. There are two sets of data. The first set data is A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. The second set data is A, A, G, G, G, G, and H. The result which I want is when the first data is exist in the second data, the data will automatic appear in one cell. For example, because there are 3 A in second set of data, therefore, only one A appear in first cell. The second cell will have G and the third cell will have H. I need an Excel formu...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

AA
Hi, I have posted a transaction from PM to account no 002-4500 (Travel Expense).I forgot to link the previous mentioned account in Analytical accounting to some dimensions I have previously created. now the transaction has been posted in GL .Is there any way that I can enter the dimension codes for this transaction? Hi Sandy, AA does not have the facility you want, but yiu can always void the original PM entry and recreate the same with AA details properly filled-in. Hope this helps, Dennis Araullo, MACS MCTS GP,CRM,AX MCTIP Database Administrator 2008 CCEA "sandy" wrot...

Where do I find the Product Catalog
Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the right screen. What application/URL do I need to open, my current http://sbs:5555 - settings link doesn't show the product catalog even under administrator In CRM 3.0, the Product Catalog is on the main "Settings" screen. "TheComputerGuy (PF)" <TheComputerGuyPF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA477C15-6FD1-4A98-BF02-4B00766C5F77@microsoft.com... > Help me out please, I know I've seen it once but I just can't find the > right > screen. What appl...

Mail merge issues/ security delays with using Word to create merged emails
Hi, I recently updated my officed product to OFfice 2000 sp-1 then 2 then 3. Before updating I had no troubles using Word to merge emails. However since updating I now get a HIGHLY annoying and TIME consuming window that asks me permission to automatically generate an outgoing email. Then I have to WAIT 5 second and CLICK YES per merged email. If you are trying to maintain a list of some sort and send 50-100 emails, this is indeed very annoying. Any assitance to eliminate or by-pass this step would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Peter I don't think there's anything to get...

Mail Merge Template sharing issue?
Hi, When developing a word template, publish it and upgrading it's policy to organization it behavious different. The difference lies that on the developing station, the word document starts without the internet explorer invoking or without the question of retrieving the sql data, while on a users workstation everything has to be setup again (connect tot sql string, push the CRM button). I'm referring to word 2007 and word 2003 xml documents. ergo; the templates behave like it should only on the developing workstation. Any clues? Thanks in advance, Jan ...

UPgrade 9 to 10
I am running a test upgrade from v9 to v10. I am doing the option to upgrade the security. When I try and run GP10 utililties to start the upgrade, I get the following error message: File Not Found: C:\program files\microsoft dynamics\GP$GPLOCAL10\SQL\0\Upgrade.dll.UPGRADE_9_0_314.DRIVER.INI My only option is to click OK, and then GP utilities exits. Anyone else run into this and what did you do to correct? thanks Doug -- Doug On Apr 3, 8:21 am, Doug <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running a test upgrade from v9 to v10. I am doing the option to upgrade >...

Normal Style font 04-15-10
I have Office 2007 and I am working with the Word program. I have 12 Quick Styles sets that I work with. All documents open using the normal template. As soon as I apply a style set to a document the normal font changes. For two style sets normal font goes to Calibri, size 11; one set goes to Calibri, size 18; four sets go to Calibri, size 20;two sets go to Arial, size 12; and the last remaining set goes to Arial, size and 20. How can I make all normal font go to Calibri, size 24 ball style sets? I have modified Normal to those settings in every quick style set, then saved ...

Catalog Merge with MySql
Hello, I've setup catalog merge using MySql as the data source. But I'm confused how I would setup one aspect. I have a table in the database that contains my products and then a table that has the pictures associated with those products. I'm not sure how to setup publisher to show the pictures for the products. Any help would be great. Thanks, Sandy I have found that if you put your data base and pictures into the same folder you will save yourself some grief. In the picture field of your data base you only need to put the picture name and format without having to type the...

Merge Customer Accounts
Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? Hi Butch - there's an article in the knowledgebase on customersource that explains how to do this by running queries against the database. Make sure you first make a backup of your database before attempting anything however. hth kevin "Butch" wrote: > Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts? > > > Butch, If you have access to CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/hdt9u -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see...

How to have margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%;" only sometimes
Hi, My website is created so that the width is not fixed. I adapt to the width of the browser. If I have a page of text I do something like: <div style=" margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%;"> so the text is set off by margins. That's nice on my monitor's 1600 pixel wide screen. But on a laptop (or as a user option) I'd like to change that to no margins. Can you suggest a way of doing that without having two .css files? Thanks On May 16, 10:05=A0pm, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...@roadrunner.com> wrote: > Hi,...

Merging 2 publications
I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to merge them into 1 publication. One has a text file that overflows to text boxes on multiple pages. "Copy all objects on page" seems to only work within a single publication. Open Publisher twice with a file in each. Cut and paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Volunteer" <Volunteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE25F04-3F8D-46D2-8533-1C5D4652072B@microsoft.com... > I have 2 different MS Publisher publications, both multiple pages. I want to > merge them into 1 ...

PST File merging?
We recently set up a new 2003 e-mailserver. We had to create mailboxes and then import PST files. My question is that some people are missing a few pieces of mail, contacts, and personel distribution lists. If I merge a PST file from a week ago with a mailbox that is working now, will it just add the differcence in the content or will the contents of the mailbox be replaced with the PST file entirely? Regards, Merge data into the target store (Default selection) This option causes the program to merge data into the target store. Before copying any messages in a folder to the target st...

How to merge multiple Inbox.dbx
Is ther eany way I ca n merge Inbox.dbx from multiple folders? I've multiple user who logs on the PC, If I start outlook with signing them off, the inbox get created under there home directory, so now I've about five places where I've INBOX.dbx, is anyone out there know how to merge all together? thanks for your time This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

autofit catalog merge area for catalog merge
I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a brochure. The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas for some merged cells and truncated text in others. Any ideas? You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:653A15BF-B4A5-48A1-ABD5-972116584D64@micro...

Windows Explorer 04-12-10
Does anyone know of an after market equivalent to Windows Explorer. The one that shipped with XP seems currupted because it keeps crashing at the least opportune moment. Or if you know of a fix short of re-installing XP that would be great also. Do you mean Internet Explorer by chance?????? "Wadeer" <Wadeer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E210A0D1-4CFF-4349-B15A-10B9A9F4F8B3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of an after market equivalent to Windows Explorer. The > one > that shipped with XP seems currupted because it keeps crashing at ...

Help with formula 03-15-10
I have data readings on a worksheet in cells B3:AF12 (10 rows deep x 31 columns wide). I also have a date in cells A3:A12. One date for each row of data that was taken. I have the following formulas set up in order to forecast, when a designated Minimum value is to be reached. The below is the formula's i am using to forecast when the value set in A15 will be reached for each individual column of data. The result is displayed as a date, calculated from the list of dats in Column A.. B16=FORECAST(A15,A3:A12,B3:B12) ..... ..AF16=FORECAST(A15,A3:A12,AF3:AF12) A16 - basic...

Merge Data in tables
I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" it puts the same name in all 8 of the cells. How do I make it put different names in different cells? I am using Publisher 2000. Set up the sheet size for one name tag, then do 8-up when you print.. "Ralph S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1254d01c417f9$fa6d9e40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to merge a data base into a table. I want to > fill out some name tag fillers and when I do the "merge" > it...

Dataset Merge / getchanges just adding records?
I'm using the following subroutine. The two different XML files are identical with the exception of three additional records in the second one. One has 450 records, and the other has 453. After merging, I get 903 records. I guess what I expected was 3 records; just the differences in the two. The two tables have the exact same structure, etc.... So am I misinterpreting how to do this? It seems to me that the merge should produce only three new records! Private Sub btnStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnStart.Click Dim dsOld As Data...

Help, trying to merge and purge
Hello I've been learning Access for my job and I have been doing quite well on my own, although I have run into a problem. I have to update our database with new records, and the way my boss wants to do this is take our new records (which are already in .mdb format of course) and merge them with the record we currently have. Then he wants me to purge all of the duplicate records, so that our new database as our old records and our new records without any duplicates. Would anyone a good way to go about this? Thank you. The problem is simple if there's only 1 table, but get c...

catalog merge #10
I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. What data base program are you using? See if formatting the field as text helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stetka" <stetka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C900DA-995F-4598-B4FC-C8E3434E0D53@microsoft.com... >I am merging prices into a catalog and the price after the decimal has > excessive numbers. I tried formatting to numbers only. I trie...

Rounding Problem 03-24-10
Access 2003 I'm off by a penny. Debit and Credit rows in the table are currency, 2 decimals. Here's the query: SELECT tblARINH.Custkey, tblARINH.Date AS TransDate, tblARINH.Key AS TransKey, tblARINH.InvNo AS [Number], tblARINH.ChkNo, tblARINH.Desc, tblARINH.Debit, tblARINH.Credit, ====> Round(DSum("Debit","tblARINH","CustKey=" & [CustKey] & "And [Date]<=#" & [Transdate] & "# "),2) AS RunDeposit, ====> IIf(IsNull(DSum("Credit","tblArinh","CustKey=" & [Cus...

Updating GP 10.0 to SP2 genericPath error
I am trying to update a GP10.0 installation to the latest and greatest. When I launch the MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB952789-v10-ENU.msp package, it starts working, then comes up with this error: Specified argument was out of the range if valid values. Parameter name: genericPath. When I click "OK" the install terminates. Any ideas? I am doing a test install and had some problems so I am starting over. When trying to unistall, I am getting the same error message. I have v10 sp3? KB955679. It won't let me uninstall or do a repair install. "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: >...

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

GP 10.0 SmartList Security
Hello: I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? How do you set security to SmartLists, then? Thanks! childofthe1980s On Sep 17, 8:18 pm, childofthe1980s <childofthe19...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I heard that SmartList Security in 10.0 is "gone". What does that mean? > How do you set security to SmartLists, then? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s Smartlist objects are now part of the Role > Task hierarchy. You can assign the objects to tasks and then assign the task to a role. On...