cant open file

I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out
of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening
0
arleen (1)

What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What
kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now
>out
> of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening

0
jl_paules (2767)

file transfer faster from sbs03 than client pc
When I move files from xp to SBS shared folder its slow but when I login to server and copy the same file from xp folder to sbs folder its very fast, why is that? Horse Power and Memory -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com Microsoft's New SBS Public Support Forum - www.SBSRepair.com "8fold" <8fold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F178D6D-BFEA-4507-A141-239B78F1AD4B@microsoft.com... > When I ...

Default: Open to Calendar
Can I set Outlook 2003 to open to the Calendar as my default page/window? Yes. See Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options button. The setting you area after is right at the top of the dialog. "Bryan" <bryan.459@pac.bell.net> wrote in message news:C_hyf.1012$Jd.431@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Can I set Outlook 2003 to open to the Calendar as my default page/window? > "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:ul52teYGGHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Yes. See Tools > Options > Other tab >...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

Opening a file
When I open a file in excel, it automatically opens a blank(new) file along with the file I was intending to open. Is there a setting to defeat it from doing this? Thank you. Try this first. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)>OK If no...

Combine 2 Money files into 1
I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate files into one file. The only way that I can see to do it is to export thr accounts into QIf then import thrm back in. The only disadvantage to that is that i can't export any Loans and liability accounts. I'm running Money 2004 Thanks for the Help In addition When I import the QIF files it throws off the total amounts in the accounts >-----Original Message----- >I'm wondering if there is any way to combine 2 seperate >files into one file. The only way that I can see to do >it is to export thr ac...

How do I access trial version files after grace period ends?

cant open file
I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my website and now out of nowhere it says cant open file tried everything and is not happening What kind of file are you trying to open? What steps are you taking? What kind of error messages are you getting? Details are important. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "arleen" <arleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B264DC25-1072-4931-B44C-7F481A13DBEE@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista and microsoft publisher 2007 did my w...

O2003 with an O2002 PST file. How to upgrade?
I've got a user with an XP system running O2003 with a PST file that was moved from his old computer by simply dropping the O2002 PST file on top of the prototype PST file on the new machine. The user's PST file is 1.3GB of good data. I can't get him to break up his files and I've warned him that there is a 2GB wall. What is a recommended way to upgrade to the new PST format, in-place? -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Harrison for Congress in NY 13CD www.harrison06.com Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. A Proud signature since 2001 In OL, File>New>Dat...

cannot open outlook 2007 in Vista
when I try to open outlook 2007, a prompt saying that register VB ScriptDLL failed. Asked me to re-install or execute Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to try register. I tried execute "Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll", then launch the outlook again. Same message prompt out again. I tried re-installed the outlook, still the same. I think it maybe the access right problem with Vista. Anyone can help suggest a solution to launch outlook from Vista ? Go to the Run item on the Start menu, and type: regsvr32 filename.ext Not regsvr32.exe. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: ht...

Opening a 2003 document in 2007
I have a form document that was created in 2003. When people try to open the document in 2007, they see all the formating markups and have to go through a somewhat lengthy process every time they open the document to be able to see/print the document without markups, but then the form functions are lost. I've been told that there is no way to fix this, that 2003 and 2007 "don't talk." Surely there is something that can be done so the 2007 users can open the document and use the protected form without going through these steps: Review tab: Tracking: Show Mar...

Outlook 2000 Freezes while Opening
Outlook freezes while in the process of opening - sometimes it will open, but it usually takes 10-15 minutes... Any ideas???? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

Temp file for storing addin formula
which temp file contain excel formula? I use to clear temp file in my PC, but that render certain formula in excel useless. i.e weeknum(a1,1) become =-n/a# after clearing temp files There are no temp files that contain those formulas. If your formula =weeknum(a1,1) returned a different error (#NAME?), and you're using xl2003 or below, then that would mean that you have turned off the analysis toolpak addin. But since it returns the #n/a error, I'd look at what's in A1. If this doesn't help, post your exact formula, the exact results and the contents of the cells that ...

I am trying to print on legal size paper, i cant set size.
I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the setting. Well, it is to do with your printer driver. Are you sure that the printer supports that paper size? Perhaps you can see if there is an updated driver for the printer. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 14, 2:26=A0pm, Michele <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've tried print option to set up 8.5 x 14 paper put it wont hold the > setting. =A0 ...

I can't open outlook
When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook but if I logg on like a guest then I can. Where is the problem? milostef <milostef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm logg on on my account I can't open the MSOutlook What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

How to auto open inbox when I open Outlook without using snd rcv
When I open outlook I would like for Mial to be recived without having to hit Send/Recive, Thank you Very much nasc75 wrote: > When I open outlook I would like for Mial to be recived without > having to hit Send/Recive, Thank you Very much Then you need to set a time interval for polling for mail. Try Ctl-Alt-S ...

Deleting Temp. Internet Files
This post is FYI and a thanks to Cal. My Money file has become corrupt on numerous occasions over the past couple of years. Lately the downloads would be listed on the account list, BUT not in the register. One of the things Cal suggested was for me to delete the Temporay Internet Files from Internet Explorer Options. I did as he suggested, but it did not SEEM to fix the problem. THEN later this past week I started looking at my Temporary Internet Files and discovered they were NOT being deleted by clicking on the delete files button in IE Options. I opened the Temporary Internet F...

reading string from a text file from vc++ without MFC support
Hi I am having a typical problem from last one day.I am being able to writ into a text file from my vc++ application,but I am not being able to read the file.actually I need to write something in the file and I need need to again read the file.here is y code which is working fine for writing to file: FILE *fp=NULL; fp=_wfopen(lstr,_T("w+"));//lstr is having the path to the file fwrite( strTitleCurrentDate, sizeof(TCHAR), strTitle.GetLength()/ ** sizeof( TCHAR )*/, fp ); fclose( fp ); this code is working fine but CString strTitle1; newBuffer=strTitle1....

Open non-Inbox folder if any unread there
I want upon starting OL07 to have it normally go to Inbox, but instead go to folder XYZ if there is anything unread in XYZ. (BTW, I don't care if it does or doesn't when a new item arrives in XYZ after OL is running.) Can this be done within a Rule? This always applies to a certain Sender. Is there an action that changes the current folder when it fires the rule? How about an action that just opens the message (I'm surprised that I don't see that action listed)? I also noticed one of the actions for a rule is "run a script." Does that refer to a VBA sub name? If so...

ShellExecute Open a Mail in Unicode
Hi I am having a Unicode environment for the application. Now I need to open a Mail which I do using ShellExecute () function. Now I pass parameter as mailto:?subject=My_Subject&body=My_Message Now I want the New Message window that is opened after this to show the Subject and Body in Unicode format. So I changed this to (Unicode Environemnt) ShellExecute(NULL, _T("open"), sWBuffer, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); sWBuffer == _T("mailto:?subject=Some UNICODE&body=SOME UNICODE"); But ehrn I run this I get ???? characters in Subject and ???? in Message body. Can Y...

File Transfer Wizard Question
Hello: Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but after reviewing several of the forum posts on the File tRansfer Wizard, I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Does the File Transfer Wizard move or copy data from source to target computer and is this option configurable? Thanks in advance, Bob -- Robert Lindholm University of Rochester http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457074.aspx Robert Lindholm wrote: > Hello: > > Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but after reviewing several > of the forum posts on the File ...

Cant get Money to work
when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? In microsoft.public.money, Roaddog_tnkr wrote: >when I try to use monwy to set up new account, all I get is "The list is >temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This is the second night >in a row that it has done this. Did I buy something that does not work???? What did you buy? What are you trying to install it on? On De...

Cannot close data file in Outlook 2003
I have recently come up with a problem that means that I cannot close a PST file in Outlook 2003. I get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". These are archive files. Well, one file that now appears twice. I have tried creating a new main PST folder and using that. I have tried to move, rename and generally hide the offending archive.PST folder. Nothing works. Nor can I get at the "Advanced" properties of the archive. If I log on to Windows as a different user and then open outlook using the same main mailbox.PST file, I do not see these &q...

Can't open binder file
I am trying to import a packed publication from my home PC to my office PC. The first time I did this it worked fine but now that I have updated the publication it unpacks to a .PUB file on the office PC but then when I double click it I get a message to the effect that this is not a binder file! Binder then opens with no file loaded. I have tried unpacking to several different drives but no luck. Anyone got any idea what is going wrong? The Binder is defunct - well and truly just like Bonsai Blair at the next election. In case you do not know what 'bonsai' means - it is littl...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...