Cannot write to memory location - Pub. shutdown

I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last
week.

When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a
certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down.  I need
to get this program working.

I have read through this forum and tried the different
fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp
file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work.

An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0"
referenced memory at "0x00000000".  the memory could not
be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program."

The header reads "(Unsaved Publication) - Microsoft
Publisher: MSPUB.EXE - Application Error"

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with Anti-virus
disabled as well....

Any suggestions?
0
dan2786 (1)

This error usually indicates a corrupt device driver. Disable your printer before
opening Publisher, if Publisher opens okay, update your printer driver from the
manufacturer's web site.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://dgl.microsoft.com/
"Danno" <dan@harborwebdesign.com> wrote in message
> I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last
> week.
>
> When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a
> certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down.  I need
> to get this program working.
>
> I have read through this forum and tried the different
> fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp
> file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work.
>
> An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0"
> referenced memory at "0x00000000".  the memory could not
> be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program."
>
> The header reads "(Unsaved Publication) - Microsoft
> Publisher: MSPUB.EXE - Application Error"
>
> I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with Anti-virus
> disabled as well....
>
> Any suggestions?

0
laserdog (1123)

How do I locate the send on the menu bar?
I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. "Newlearner" <Newlearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A80EFCD9-3BCA-4BD2-AD47-A1699A9C2164@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does > not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. It's already in the File menu. For the Database toolbar: With any database window open, right-click on the toolbar, and choose Customize. Select File in th...

Outlook Send/Receive problems when separating imap.pst from default location
We are having a problem when using Outlook 2002 upgraded from 2000. Using IMAP as the only mail account the Send/Receive button no longer works (for some users - not all users). I know all about the default local folder (Outlook Today) Inbox issues having to be the default but this one is that it won't automatically check for message and the Send/Receive button doesn't work when splitting out the email.pst file (again this only affects some users). This happens when we separate out the email.pst file from the default Documents and Settings folder. We didn't want all the cached ...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...

Fragmented virtual memory
I get the following error on a daily basis... The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that normal operation may begin to fail. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. I have exchange 2000, service pack 3. Any ideas? I am using windows server 2000, so as far as I know, this switch doesn't work with this version. "Jack Zhang" <zhangle20041227@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116595717.702193.246450@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > did you have 1GB or more mem on the se...

About protected memory in COM(in-process)
Hello! For several years ago an in-process COM dll was deleloped using ATL/C++/MFC This in-process COM DLL was initially used from VB6 and it has worked ever since then and still works today without any kind of problem. It has never ever been any kind of problems with this COM dll. For about 7 month ago a C# asp.net webb application was deloped where this in-process COM DLL was used. When this C# asp.net webb was finished and put into test where the COM dll was called error began to appear. Not every time but far too often. It wasn't reliable. The errors that appear was the protected mem...

Locked out of default file location
When setting up office XP on a new computer in our office, I accidently put in a file location that was incorrect. Used W:****** instead of W:\***** now I am locked out with an can not find W:**** and will not let me change the setting, even uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still doing this. Any thoughts? Paul -- Paul Donaldson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Donaldson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374053 Hello Paul...

An mscrm.pst already exists at location
Hello fello MSCRMers. I uninstalled the Outlook CRM Client and tried to reinstall. The following message showed up: "An MSCRM.PST already exists at that location 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\local settings\application data\mscrm.pst. To continue, cancel setup, .... There is no MSCRM.PST file in that location. I've searched the entire drive but nothing has been found. Any advice on this? Thank you have you tried clearing the registry entry for the sfo client? "Hansel Yune" <hyune@ascentmedia.com> wrote in message news:OVG%23HioSEHA.240@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx....

Order, Note
Hello, When you go into Order and then select the next document number (or even bring up an old one), one of the icons next to the number is Notes. Does anyone know where in the database this is stored? We have a Crystal Reporting package and I would like to be able to print this field on the document. Thanks - much appreciated. PS. this group is very knowledgeable. all notes for a GP company are stored in SY3900 - link on the NOTEINDX from the transaction -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "The Phone Guy" <ThePhoneGuy@discussions.microsoft...

how to write a formula
I have just taken over as manager of a boarding house and need to come up with some formulas to allow me to enter a dollar amount in cells c1:c12 and then have excel convert that to a day value( 1 day = 13.57) , it then needs to take the date in cells d1:d12 add the reultant conversion and place the result in cells e1:e12 as a date in real time ( 23/05/205). Also is it possible to get excell to print out a receipt for each entry that is made. I have never used excell and currently do it manually with Word which is hard and long In E1, just enter =D1+(C1/13.57), format as date and copy...

writing on an excel file
my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can't seem to write on this document. is it because its a read only fiel? how do i convert it to be able to edit and write in my expenxes? HELP!!!!!! is it because it's read only ? - check with properties under explorer. either change it there, or save as a different name Steve On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:06:02 +0100, RITZ <RITZ@discussions.microsoft.com= > = wrote: > my employer emailed me an expense report and i downloaded excel. i can= 't = > seem > to write on this document. is it because i...

Write Error
We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS. Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and everyother transaction activates a Write Error. None of the other registers have the problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time as the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer besides microsoft updates for XP. Help Please -- Rich O''Boyle IT Tech Lundeens Liquors Are all registers on the same RMS version. ? What is the version # ? Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all mac...

read only and write only
l would like to protect my work from other user not all but for the certain column.for example ; column A 1,A2 ,A3 ,B1 B2,B3 ,C1,C2.C3 and D1.D2 D3 are for write only.{ Column A23, A24,A25 ,B23,B24,B25 ,C23.C24,C25 and D23,D24,D25 ,all the data here are copy from above like A23 is data from Al , so is it any way that the other user can,t change any data here} thank you Select the cells you want your users to be able to alter (CTRL + Clck if they are not adjacent) and then:- Format|cells|protection and remove the locked checkmark. then Tools|Protection|protect sheet. User are now pr...

writing area
I know that I can select an area: ex: A1 to b9. After selecting it is then possible to write and the marker will automatically move from a1 to b1 to c1 as you press enter (instead of moving down one and one row). However - I do not remember how I can mark the area for writing. Please help anyone!? Under Tools/Options/Edit, you can set the direction that the cell pointer moves. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:05:01 +0200, "Kathrine J Wathne" <kjwathne@start.no> wrote: >I know that I can select an area: ex: A1 to b9. After selecting it is then >possible to write and the ma...

Memory utilization with maintenance plans
Hello: A client is who is on GP 8.0 with SQL Server 2000 is concerned because the SQL maintenance plans that run at 11PM each Sunday night is taking up over a gigabyte of RAM and is not releasing it without a reboot of the server. The maintenance plans are "standard" plans outlined in the TK knowledge base articles, and we have done everything we know to do to make sure that this issue is not truly a GP/SQL issue. I suggested to the client that they add more RAM to the server. It is at 2GB right now, but I think that this should be increased to 4GB. Any other suggestions?...

Outlook 2003 Database Location Setup
I'm looking at switching my Maximizer/Eudora to using Outlook 2003 for contacts, email etc.... I work from both my desktop and notebook. With Eudora/Maximizer I just keep all my data under folders in C:\data\ That way, I can simply move the folders between my desktop and my notebook when leaving for a few days and move it back when I get back. Outlook saves the files under Documents & settings\user ... Has anyone tried to successfully done this? Thanks Joe G'Day Joe, If you mean run Outlook on two separate PCs, but synchronise them periodically over a LAN, the best product...

Server 2008 Memory Leak
I have a DNS server running Server 2008 R2 Datacenter 64 bit within VMware. About once a week, I see that dns.exe takes up over 75% of my total RAM. Restarting the service drops it back down, but it just keeps building up. once a week, sounds interesting. Any other jobs running in that time window ? Any eventlogs ? Regards Ramazan "Mark Mahacek" <mmahacek@mcoe.org> wrote in message news:0f87daf8-aeff-49b0-97bc-3911c55a8e23@k2g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a DNS server running Server 2008 R2 Datacenter 64 bit within > VMware. > > Abou...

novice trying to write formula
I'm trying to write a formula: If column D = K or any number 1 - 12 and K = A then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1) Please remember I'm a novice EXCEL user...and what little I know i self-taught. thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mary It's somewhat difficult to follow what you're saying. Does "column D = K" mean "column D = column K" or is it "column D = the letter K"? And what does "K = A" mean? And what does "then L = NL ( or I could use the number 1)" mean? HTH Otto "mary...

Low Memory?? All gone at once??
I'm a complete dummy when it comes to computers so I hope someone can help me with this. I bought my Acer laptop with Vista on it about two years back. The C drive is the drive that hold all my programs, the D drive is for extra backup. Yesterday my laptop was showing me an error saying I'm low on memory. I thought that to be odd as I haven't really installed anything. So I uninstalled programs or software that I didn't need or used. Today no matter what I uninstall, and that has been quite a bit, the error keeps popping up saying that I have no memory left. Then it ...