cannot send as an e-mail message - Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2007

I just purchased Pub 2007 and have been using Office 2003 with Outlook 2003
as my default mail.  I do not get the Send as an e-mail option.

in this publication
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx

The following excerpts exist.
=======

Open the publication that contains the page or pages that you want to send
as an e-mail message.
On the File menu, point to Send E-mail, and then click Send as Message.
In the Send as Message dialog box, click Send all pages or Send current page
only, and then click OK.
 Note   If your publication has only one page, the Send as Message dialog
box does not appear.

=================

Then later in the same publication this is stated.

======================

Important   To send a single page as an e-mail message or to preview it
before sending, you must have Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office
Outlook 2003, Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later), or Windows Mail
installed on your computer. For more information about adding and configuring
e-mail accounts, see the links in the See Also section.

To preview the message as it will appear when it is sent, point to Send
E-mail on the File menu, and then click E-mail Preview.
Your current message is displayed in your browser.

To send the message, point to Send E-mail on the File menu, and then click
Send as Message.
In the message header, in the To and Cc boxes, type or select e-mail
addresses for the recipients.
In the Subject box, add a title for the e-mail message.
On the toolbar above the message header, choose any other options that you
want.
Click Send.

=====================

I purchased PUB 2007 with ONE thing in mind. To be able to send a published
document within an E-mail.  But cannot seem to get this to work.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

0
H (152)

The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send
E-mail on the File menu in Publisher:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425

"If Outlook 2003 is set as your default e-mail client, and the Send This
Page as Message command still does not appear, you may need to automatically
repair your Microsoft Office programs. For more information about repairing
Office programs, click Automatically repair Office programs in the See Also
section, which is visible when you are connected to the Internet."

Automatically repair Office programs:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP052372001033.aspx?pid=CH010503691033

DavidF

"Rick H" <Rick H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased Pub 2007 and have been using Office 2003 with Outlook 2003
> as my default mail.  I do not get the Send as an e-mail option.
>
> in this publication
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA102200511033.aspx
>
> The following excerpts exist.
> =======
>
> Open the publication that contains the page or pages that you want to send
> as an e-mail message.
> On the File menu, point to Send E-mail, and then click Send as Message.
> In the Send as Message dialog box, click Send all pages or Send current
> page
> only, and then click OK.
> Note   If your publication has only one page, the Send as Message dialog
> box does not appear.
>
> =================
>
> Then later in the same publication this is stated.
>
> ======================
>
> Important   To send a single page as an e-mail message or to preview it
> before sending, you must have Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft
> Office
> Outlook 2003, Outlook Express (version 5.0 or later), or Windows Mail
> installed on your computer. For more information about adding and
> configuring
> e-mail accounts, see the links in the See Also section.
>
> To preview the message as it will appear when it is sent, point to Send
> E-mail on the File menu, and then click E-mail Preview.
> Your current message is displayed in your browser.
>
> To send the message, point to Send E-mail on the File menu, and then click
> Send as Message.
> In the message header, in the To and Cc boxes, type or select e-mail
> addresses for the recipients.
> In the Subject box, add a title for the e-mail message.
> On the toolbar above the message header, choose any other options that you
> want.
> Click Send.
>
> =====================
>
> I purchased PUB 2007 with ONE thing in mind. To be able to send a
> published
> document within an E-mail.  But cannot seem to get this to work.
>
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick

0
Nope8657 (939)
12/1/2007 8:21:03 PM
There is a workaround.  Finally.  From Microwoft help desk.  Change the
default e-mail to OUTLOOK EXPRESS and the options appear without more $$$$.

you can still use OUTLOOK but the default has to be EXPRESS.

The help desk is due to call me later to assist further.

"DavidF" wrote:

> [...]
> > e-mail accounts, see the links in the See Also section.
> >
> > To preview the message as it will appear when it is sent, point to Send
> > E-mail on the File menu, and then click E-mail Preview.
> > Your current message is displayed in your browser.
> >
> > To send the message, point to Send E-mail on the File menu, and then click
> > Send as Message.
> > In the message header, in the To and Cc boxes, type or select e-mail
> > addresses for the recipients.
> > In the Subject box, add a title for the e-mail message.
> > On the toolbar above the message header, choose any other options that you
> > want.
> > Click Send.
> >
> > =====================
> >
> > I purchased PUB 2007 with ONE thing in mind. To be able to send a
> > published
> > document within an E-mail.  But cannot seem to get this to work.

0
RickH (15)
12/2/2007 7:50:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Are you saying that even though you set OE as the
default, that you can still use Outlook for sending the email message? Or
that you can continue to use Outlook in general?

What happens if you set OE as the default, and then reset Outlook? Does the
Send as a Message option show up then?

> [...]
>> >
>> > To preview the message as it will appear when it is sent, point to Send
>> > E-mail on the File menu, and then click E-mail Preview.
>> > Your current message is displayed in your browser.
>> >
>> > To send the message, point to Send E-mail on the File menu, and then
>> > click
>> > Send as Message.
>> > In the message header, in the To and Cc boxes, type or select e-mail
>> > addresses for the recipients.
>> > In the Subject box, add a title for the e-mail message.
>> > On the toolbar above the message header, choose any other options that
>> > you
>> > want.
>> > Click Send.
>> >
>> > =====================
>> >
>> > I purchased PUB 2007 with ONE thing in mind. To be able to send a
>> > published
>> > document within an E-mail.  But cannot seem to get this to work.

0
Nope8657 (939)
12/2/2007 11:28:02 PM
DavidF wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. Are you saying that even though you set OE as the
> default, that you can still use Outlook for sending the email message? Or
> that you can continue to use Outlook in general?

The latter. Publisher 2007 requires Outlook 2007 if you want to send
email through Outlook.

> What happens if you set OE as the default, and then reset Outlook? Does the
> Send as a Message option show up then?

I doubt it.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

DavidF

> DavidF wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback. Are you saying that even though you set OE as
>> the default, that you can still use Outlook for sending the email
>> message? Or that you can continue to use Outlook in general?
>
> The latter. Publisher 2007 requires Outlook 2007 if you want to send email
> through Outlook.
>
>> What happens if you set OE as the default, and then reset Outlook? Does
>> the Send as a Message option show up then?
>
> I doubt it.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
Nope8657 (939)

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

Sending mail from remote location

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto
In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with anyone else???? -- retired jwb "jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843441C1-CC67-4F0C-90D3-6D8D1BA20347@microsoft.com... > In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for > administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with > anyone else???? Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess this: http://www...

Publisher insert picture help
Hi, I'm sure this is a very basic question, but when I insert a jpeg, it appears black and I can't get the image to appear. There must be something basic I am forgetting. Please help! Thanks. Lori H wrote: > Hi, I'm sure this is a very basic question, but when I insert a jpeg, > it appears black and I can't get the image to appear. There must be > something basic I am forgetting. Please help! Thanks. ================================= Maybe you need to update your video driver. Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.o...

how do i make subcolumbs with in a columb with 2003 excell
? I don't know what you mean by "subcolumns", but it doesn't sound like anything supported by Excel. Perhaps you could provide an explanation and example of exactly what you are looking for. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2008 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) "jsm" <jsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BA7A1F4-8A0A-4544-9F5F-450FFA28114E@microsoft.com... >? ...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

urgent (high importance) messages #2
Is there a way to remove the high importance flag from messages sent through Exchange 2003? We have a number of users that always set this flag even though the subject matter of the message is not important at all. Thanks Might be, in one of the policies that are Outlook/Office based? Sorry can't be more specific than that... JeffG On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:53:03 -0800, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to remove the high importance flag from messages sent through >Exchange 2003? > >We have a number of users that always set ...

Send Do Not Send

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers. thanks I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/ PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel. If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click" ...

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Publisher 2002 #17
I am trying to create a booklet for our senior night and cannot figure out how to get the pages to print back to back. Counting the front and back cover I have 7 pages. I would also like to print on the inside of the front and back cover. HELP-this has to be completed by 5/19! You can't have 7 pages - unless one of those pages are blank. Alos, if you are talking about making your printer print on the front and back of a piece of paper, your printer has to be capable of printing duplex. Have you talked to a printer about doing the job? If so, does he accept Publisher files? Ask for advice...

Any news when new version of MS Money comes? (e.g. 2009)
I'm about to purchase MS Money Deluxe. But I think it's not the best time as MS always releases new version at the end of the year. Do you have any news about new versions? Any announcements were made? Thanks!!! Exactly the same question was posted on 12th Nov. Dick Watson posted the following in reply! Annual Release Change - Microsoft Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers; however the feedback we are hearing is that the incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year. Given this, we have decided against releasing a 2009 ver...

Excel 2003 convert hours from GMT to PST??
Hello! I have a huge log file that has time in hh:mm:ss GMT and I want to convert those time to PST. I need to subtract 8 hours from the GMT time, but I cannot figure out how to do it. Any ideas? Thank you! Greg Hill I would use a help column, assume the times are truly numeric and not text =A1-8/24 where A1 holds the GMT, you might get a pseudo date so format result as hh:mm another way (less attractive if you make a mistake since there are no audit trails except undo) put =8/24 in a cell, format the cell as time,copy it, select all dates, do edit>paste special and select ...