Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2

I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
Does anybody know what to do?

Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.

Thanks for help

Stefan

Are you getting an error?

You may have to do a registry fix:
Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot
open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us

Do you have Norton?
How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Stefan Kratzert" <StefanKratzert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> Does anybody know what to do?
>
> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Stefan

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/30/2009 3:51:46 PM
I have the same problem and have followed the instructions in kb928890.  The
error code that I get is 1100009.  Clearing the error message then opens a
blank document.  Norton A/V is not in use.

"Stefan Kratzert" wrote:

> I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> Does anybody know what to do?
>
> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Stefan
0
Eric1 (389)
4/30/2009 5:50:21 PM
There was a solution in the Word newsgroup that suggested running the Office
Diagnostics in the Help menu.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem and have followed the instructions in kb928890.  The
> error code that I get is 1100009.  Clearing the error message then opens a
> blank document.  Norton A/V is not in use.
>
> "Stefan Kratzert" wrote:
>
>> I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack
>> 2.
>> Does anybody know what to do?
>>
>> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
>>
>> Thanks for help
>>
>> Stefan

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/30/2009 6:14:14 PM
Add me to the list:

Steps I've taken
Attempted to uninstall SP2 - will not open file
followed instructions in kb928890 - will not open file
Office diagnostics - no problems detected

Wiped HDD and reinstalled Windows xp to SP3 and Office to SP1 - file opens
Applied office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us  -  will not open file
SP2 seems to be the culprit.
So far the only files it will not open up is our monthly church newsletter.
All versions of this file I've created over the past 18 months from the same
template will not open.

It appears I can create a new file just fine.

Hope this helps

Geoff

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There was a solution in the Word newsgroup that suggested running the Office
> Diagnostics in the Help menu.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem and have followed the instructions in kb928890.  The
> > error code that I get is 1100009.  Clearing the error message then opens a
> > blank document.  Norton A/V is not in use.
> >
> > "Stefan Kratzert" wrote:
> >
> >> I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack
> >> 2.
> >> Does anybody know what to do?
> >>
> >> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
> >>
> >> Thanks for help
> >>
> >> Stefan

0
GZiemann (2)
5/1/2009 1:19:01 PM
We are having the exact same problem (same error message / only happening
with computers we've upgraded to Office 2007 SP2).  Luckily we have not
deployed this update to our entire network yet.  Not sure what else to try -
I hope someone comes up with a suggestion that actually fixes the problem
soon.

"GZiemann" wrote:

> Add me to the list:
>
> Steps I've taken
> Attempted to uninstall SP2 - will not open file
> followed instructions in kb928890 - will not open file
> Office diagnostics - no problems detected
>
> Wiped HDD and reinstalled Windows xp to SP3 and Office to SP1 - file opens
> Applied office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us  -  will not open file
> SP2 seems to be the culprit.
> So far the only files it will not open up is our monthly church newsletter.
> All versions of this file I've created over the past 18 months from the same
> template will not open.
>
> It appears I can create a new file just fine.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Geoff
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > There was a solution in the Word newsgroup that suggested running the Office
> > Diagnostics in the Help menu.
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have the same problem and have followed the instructions in kb928890.  The
> > > error code that I get is 1100009.  Clearing the error message then opens a
> > > blank document.  Norton A/V is not in use.

0
SMR_Aaron (2)
5/1/2009 8:25:01 PM
We are having the same problem and even though this isn't a fix, I found a
temporary workaround.  Basically you can open the file on a computer not
running Office 2007 SP2 and save the file as a Publisher 2000 type.  Then
open this new file on a machine running Office 2007 SP2 and re-save it as a
regular Publisher 2007 file.  It should then open fine with any computer
running Office 2007 SP2.  I know that saving a file as an older version might
cause some features not to work, but it might be worth a try.

"Stefan Kratzert" wrote:

> I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> Does anybody know what to do?
>
> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Stefan
0
SMR_Aaron (2)
5/1/2009 8:39:03 PM
Thanks for all these tips and , at least I am not alone with this problem.
The workaround from SMR_Aaron worked partially.
Most of the files could not be saved as publisher 2000 format directly.
(cant be saved as Publisher 2000) But when I do copy and paste very single
site I can save them as 2000 file and open in Office 2007 SP2 patched
Computers.
So thanks to SMR_Aaron, at least I can work again.

Marys workaround did not work.

Lets hope that the company which has given us this marvelous improvements
will shortly find a solution.

I have no time and guess nobody in our company to reinstall all OS and
Office installations.

"SMR_Aaron" wrote:

> We are having the same problem and even though this isn't a fix, I found a
> temporary workaround.  Basically you can open the file on a computer not
> running Office 2007 SP2 and save the file as a Publisher 2000 type.  Then
> open this new file on a machine running Office 2007 SP2 and re-save it as a
> regular Publisher 2007 file.  It should then open fine with any computer
> running Office 2007 SP2.  I know that saving a file as an older version might
> cause some features not to work, but it might be worth a try.
>

> "Stefan Kratzert" wrote:
>
> > I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> > Does anybody know what to do?
> >
> > Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
> >
> > Thanks for help
> >
> > Stefan
It boggles the mind that Microsoft would not have done a simple regression
test before releasing SP2 .... to make sure that Publisher 2007 can open an
exisiting file. It appears that Publisher and its users are not important to
Microsoft. Breaking an application is just not right.

I am looking at open source solutions, such as Scribus, for low to mid level
work, and Adobe InDesign for high end work. The sooner I can wean away from
Publisher the better.

imho, Microsoft has seen better days.

Michael Gordon

"Stefan Kratzert" wrote:

> Thanks for all these tips and , at least I am not alone with this problem.
> The workaround from SMR_Aaron worked partially.
> Most of the files could not be saved as publisher 2000 format directly.
> (cant be saved as Publisher 2000) But when I do copy and paste very single
> site I can save them as 2000 file and open in Office 2007 SP2 patched
> Computers.
> So thanks to SMR_Aaron, at least I can work again.
>
> Marys workaround did not work.
>
> Lets hope that the company which has given us this marvelous improvements
> will shortly find a solution.
>
> I have no time and guess nobody in our company to reinstall all OS and
> Office installations.
>

> "SMR_Aaron" wrote:
>
> > We are having the same problem and even though this isn't a fix, I found a
> > temporary workaround.  Basically you can open the file on a computer not
> > running Office 2007 SP2 and save the file as a Publisher 2000 type.  Then
> > open this new file on a machine running Office 2007 SP2 and re-save it as a
> > regular Publisher 2007 file.  It should then open fine with any computer
> > running Office 2007 SP2.  I know that saving a file as an older version might
> > cause some features not to work, but it might be worth a try.
> >

> > "Stefan Kratzert" wrote:
> >
> > > I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> > > Does anybody know what to do?
> > >
> > > Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
> > >
> > > Thanks for help
> > >
> > > Stefan
0
MLG (5)
5/7/2009 12:33:01 PM
MLG wrote:
> It boggles the mind that Microsoft would not have done a simple regression
> test before releasing SP2 .... to make sure that Publisher 2007 can open an
> exisiting file. It appears that Publisher and its users are not important to
> Microsoft. Breaking an application is just not right.

The fact is that most people (including myself) CAN open pre-SP2 files
in SP2; if that were not the case, obviously it would have been
discovered during the beta.

Microsoft has been made aware of this issue.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

No one from Microsoft has contacted me about this or asked for a specimen
document. I am not going to pay $100 for email support to fix something that
should never have been released; at one point Microsoft would have considered
something like this a show stopper .... perhaps now bugs are a new source of
revenue ... pay $$$ for every contact with MSFT.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> MLG wrote:
> > It boggles the mind that Microsoft would not have done a simple regression
> > test before releasing SP2 .... to make sure that Publisher 2007 can open an
> > exisiting file. It appears that Publisher and its users are not important to
> > Microsoft. Breaking an application is just not right.
>
> The fact is that most people (including myself) CAN open pre-SP2 files
> in SP2; if that were not the case, obviously it would have been
> discovered during the beta.
>
> Microsoft has been made aware of this issue.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
MLG (5)
5/7/2009 4:15:02 PM
Hi Ed

I'm glad Microsoft are aware of this issue and hopefully a fix will be made
available soon.  It's true that this problem does not affect all publisher
files.  We have the case where all of this year's newletters could not be
opened, but last year's could.  So as a work around we used last year's file
as a template for this week's newsletter.  However, even though this new file
was opened, edited and saved by Publisher SP2, the next day it had the same
problem that it could not be opened.  So even files created by the SP2
version have this problem.

I am getting around the problem by uninstalling SP2 on computers being used
for desktop publishing.  Microsoft have provided a good command-line tool to
do this, see  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914.  Not ideal, but at
least I can do something to keep the organisation working.

Regards

Martin

0
mxl (3)
5/7/2009 11:32:01 PM
Hi Martin

I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,
LeRoy

"mxl" wrote:

> Hi Ed
>
> I'm glad Microsoft are aware of this issue and hopefully a fix will be made
> available soon.  It's true that this problem does not affect all publisher
> files.  We have the case where all of this year's newletters could not be
> opened, but last year's could.  So as a work around we used last year's file
> as a template for this week's newsletter.  However, even though this new file
> was opened, edited and saved by Publisher SP2, the next day it had the same
> problem that it could not be opened.  So even files created by the SP2
> version have this problem.
>
> I am getting around the problem by uninstalling SP2 on computers being used
> for desktop publishing.  Microsoft have provided a good command-line tool to
> do this, see  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914.  Not ideal, but at
> least I can do something to keep the organisation working.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

0
LL3 (14)
5/12/2009 10:10:01 PM
Hi Leroy

Post your email address and I'll email you a file.

Regards

Martin

"LL3" wrote:

> Hi Martin
>
> I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
> this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
> seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
> in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
> a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
> trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> LeRoy
>
> "mxl" wrote:
>
> > Hi Ed
> >
> > I'm glad Microsoft are aware of this issue and hopefully a fix will be made
> > available soon.  It's true that this problem does not affect all publisher
> > files.  We have the case where all of this year's newletters could not be
> > opened, but last year's could.  So as a work around we used last year's file
> > as a template for this week's newsletter.  However, even though this new file
> > was opened, edited and saved by Publisher SP2, the next day it had the same
> > problem that it could not be opened.  So even files created by the SP2
> > version have this problem.
> >
> > I am getting around the problem by uninstalling SP2 on computers being used
> > for desktop publishing.  Microsoft have provided a good command-line tool to
> > do this, see  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914.  Not ideal, but at
> > least I can do something to keep the organisation working.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martin

0
mxl (3)
5/13/2009 4:34:07 AM
Thanks Martin.  You can send it to llaney@hotmail.com.

"mxl" wrote:

> Hi Leroy
>
> Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin
>
> "LL3" wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin
> >
> > I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
> > this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
> > seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
> > in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
> > a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
> > trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > LeRoy
> >
> > "mxl" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ed
> > >
> > > I'm glad Microsoft are aware of this issue and hopefully a fix will be made
> > > available soon.  It's true that this problem does not affect all publisher
> > > files.  We have the case where all of this year's newletters could not be
> > > opened, but last year's could.  So as a work around we used last year's file
> > > as a template for this week's newsletter.  However, even though this new file
> > > was opened, edited and saved by Publisher SP2, the next day it had the same
> > > problem that it could not be opened.  So even files created by the SP2
> > > version have this problem.
> > >
> > > I am getting around the problem by uninstalling SP2 on computers being used
> > > for desktop publishing.  Microsoft have provided a good command-line tool to
> > > do this, see  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914.  Not ideal, but at
> > > least I can do something to keep the organisation working.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Martin

0
LL3 (14)
5/13/2009 4:58:01 AM
I emailed a newsletter to llaney@hotmail.com from my business email account.

Thank you for your help.

"LL3" wrote:

> Thanks Martin.  You can send it to llaney@hotmail.com.
>
> "mxl" wrote:
>
> > Hi Leroy
> >
> > Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > "LL3" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Martin
> > >
> > > I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
> > > this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
> > > seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
> > > in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
> > > a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
> > > trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance,

0
MLG (5)
5/13/2009 7:37:14 PM
Hi Martin,

Will you be able to send me a copy of the SP1 newsletter from last year that
you were once able to open in SP2, but after saving it, it no longer opened?
My email address is llaney@hotmail.com.  If the file is too big for Hotmail,
let me know and I'll send you a link for an FTP upload site. Thank you.

LeRoy

"mxl" wrote:

> Hi Leroy
>
> Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin
>
> "LL3" wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin
> >
> > I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
> > this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
> > seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
> > in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
> > a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
> > trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > LeRoy
> >
> > "mxl" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ed
> > >
> > > I'm glad Microsoft are aware of this issue and hopefully a fix will be made
> > > available soon.  It's true that this problem does not affect all publisher
> > > files.  We have the case where all of this year's newletters could not be
> > > opened, but last year's could.  So as a work around we used last year's file
> > > as a template for this week's newsletter.  However, even though this new file
> > > was opened, edited and saved by Publisher SP2, the next day it had the same
> > > problem that it could not be opened.  So even files created by the SP2
> > > version have this problem.
> > >
> > > I am getting around the problem by uninstalling SP2 on computers being used
> > > for desktop publishing.  Microsoft have provided a good command-line tool to
> > > do this, see  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914.  Not ideal, but at
> > > least I can do something to keep the organisation working.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Martin

0
LL3 (14)
5/15/2009 10:58:01 PM
I have two files that were created using the downloadable version of
Microsoft Publisher 2007.  Since I now have Publisher 2007 (full version) I
am unable to open these files.  All I can figure is it is related to the
installation of Publisher SP 2 because I was working with them prior to that
date.  The error code I receive when trying to open them is 1100009.   Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

-Rebecca

"LL3" wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Will you be able to send me a copy of the SP1 newsletter from last year that
> you were once able to open in SP2, but after saving it, it no longer opened?
> My email address is llaney@hotmail.com.  If the file is too big for Hotmail,
> let me know and I'll send you a link for an FTP upload site. Thank you.
>
> LeRoy
>
> "mxl" wrote:
>
> > Hi Leroy
> >
> > Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > "LL3" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Martin
> > >
> > > I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
> > > this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
> > > seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
> > > in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
> > > a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
> > > trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance,

0
Walters (1)
5/17/2009 4:07:01 AM
one more thing...  the two files I've been trying to open are newseltter
files created originally way back with Publisher 2000.  I've just used the
same file for my template for years.  The bulletin file that I've been using
for the church stuff opens just fine.

"M Walters" wrote:

> I have two files that were created using the downloadable version of
> Microsoft Publisher 2007.  Since I now have Publisher 2007 (full version) I
> am unable to open these files.  All I can figure is it is related to the
> installation of Publisher SP 2 because I was working with them prior to that
> date.  The error code I receive when trying to open them is 1100009.   Any
> help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> -Rebecca
>
> "LL3" wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Will you be able to send me a copy of the SP1 newsletter from last year that
> > you were once able to open in SP2, but after saving it, it no longer opened?
> > My email address is llaney@hotmail.com.  If the file is too big for Hotmail,
> > let me know and I'll send you a link for an FTP upload site. Thank you.
> >
> > LeRoy
> >
> > "mxl" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Leroy
> > >
> > > Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Martin

0
MWalters (1)
5/17/2009 4:32:01 AM
All you can do is uninstall SP2 until Microsoft actually wake up and fix
this.

0
russ-NO (5)
5/17/2009 7:26:28 AM
This article explains why you are experiencing failure to open old files.

Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954914/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"M Walters" <MWalters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> one more thing...  the two files I've been trying to open are newseltter
> files created originally way back with Publisher 2000.  I've just used the
> same file for my template for years.  The bulletin file that I've been using
> for the church stuff opens just fine.
>
> "M Walters" wrote:
>
>> I have two files that were created using the downloadable version of
>> Microsoft Publisher 2007.  Since I now have Publisher 2007 (full version) I
>> am unable to open these files.  All I can figure is it is related to the
>> installation of Publisher SP 2 because I was working with them prior to that
>> date.  The error code I receive when trying to open them is 1100009.   Any
>> help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> -Rebecca
>>
>> "LL3" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Martin,
>> >
>> > Will you be able to send me a copy of the SP1 newsletter from last year
>> > that
>> > you were once able to open in SP2, but after saving it, it no longer
>> > opened?
>> > My email address is llaney@hotmail.com.  If the file is too big for
>> > Hotmail,
>> > let me know and I'll send you a link for an FTP upload site. Thank you.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
5/17/2009 9:59:46 AM
Hi Leroy

I am unable to send you this file.  I have uninstalled Office 2007 SP2 from
all computers so I can no longer verify which file had the issue.

Also, I am reluctant to send any file to a hotmail address.  If you are part
of the publisher test team, I would expect you to have a Microsoft email
address.

Regards

Martin

"LL3" wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Will you be able to send me a copy of the SP1 newsletter from last year that
> you were once able to open in SP2, but after saving it, it no longer opened?
> My email address is llaney@hotmail.com.  If the file is too big for Hotmail,
> let me know and I'll send you a link for an FTP upload site. Thank you.
>
> LeRoy
>
> "mxl" wrote:
>
> > Hi Leroy
> >
> > Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > "LL3" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Martin
> > >
> > > I'm LeRoy from the Microsoft Publisher Test Team and I've been following
> > > this thread.  I'd like to find out more about the file that you first started
> > > seeing this problem with.  Which version of Publisher did you first create it
> > > in? What did you do in SP2 before you saved it?  Would you be able to send us
> > > a copy of the file so we can take a closer look at what's going on? We are
> > > trying to repro this in house and your assistance would be very helpful.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance,

0
mxl (3)
5/18/2009 12:43:07 AM
I'm pretty sure I can find a file to send Leroy that is experiencing this
issue, but I agree with Martin, I would prefer dealing with an actual
Microsoft email address / FTP site.  Most of our Publisher files we have are
fairly large, so FTP is probably the way to go.

Aaron

"mxl" wrote:

> Hi Leroy
>
> I am unable to send you this file.  I have uninstalled Office 2007 SP2 from
> all computers so I can no longer verify which file had the issue.
>
> Also, I am reluctant to send any file to a hotmail address.  If you are part
> of the publisher test team, I would expect you to have a Microsoft email
> address.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin
>

> "LL3" wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Will you be able to send me a copy of the SP1 newsletter from last year that
> > you were once able to open in SP2, but after saving it, it no longer opened?
> > My email address is llaney@hotmail.com.  If the file is too big for Hotmail,
> > let me know and I'll send you a link for an FTP upload site. Thank you.
> >
> > LeRoy
> >
> > "mxl" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Leroy
> > >
> > > Post your email address and I'll email you a file.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Martin

0
SMRAaron (5)
5/18/2009 12:26:26 PM
SMR_Aaron wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I can find a file to send Leroy that is experiencing
> this issue, but I agree with Martin, I would prefer dealing with an
> actual Microsoft email address / FTP site.  Most of our Publisher
> files we have are fairly large, so FTP is probably the way to go.
>
> Aaron
===========================
FWIW...maybe you could upload the
file to one of the following sites and
send the recipients the download link.

"YouSendIt"
http://www.yousendit.com/

"SendSpace"
http://www.sendspace.com/

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie1 (130)
5/18/2009 12:54:59 PM
Thank you all for your posts, and for your offer to share your files. I
understand that you may be reluctant to send your file to a Hotmail address,
but as a best practice I don't give out my work email in the newsgroup
forums. I was able to send Michael (MGL) a link to our FTP site where he was
able to successfully upload his problem file; this file has helped us work on
this issue.  If any of you would like to upload your file(s) to our FTP site,
you can send me an email (llaney@hotmail.com) and I will give you access to
the FTP site.  I will use the email address that you send from, to send you
the invitation.

Again, thank you for your help and for your patience as we work on this
problem.

LeRoy

"John Inzer" wrote:

> SMR_Aaron wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure I can find a file to send Leroy that is experiencing
> > this issue, but I agree with Martin, I would prefer dealing with an
> > actual Microsoft email address / FTP site.  Most of our Publisher
> > files we have are fairly large, so FTP is probably the way to go.
> >
> > Aaron
> ===========================
> FWIW...maybe you could upload the
> file to one of the following sites and
> send the recipients the download link.
>
> "YouSendIt"
> http://www.yousendit.com/
>
> "SendSpace"
> http://www.sendspace.com/
>

> --
>
>       J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
LL3 (14)
5/18/2009 5:40:10 PM
LeRoy,

I sent an email to your hotmail account yesterday from my office asking for
the microsoft FTP link, but I did not get a response.  I have one of our
Publisher files that is giving us problems and I'd like to submit it to help
you guys get to the bottom of this issue.  It's very small (120 KB), so let
me know if it would be easier to just email it to you instead.

Aaron

"LL3" wrote:

> Thank you all for your posts, and for your offer to share your files. I
> understand that you may be reluctant to send your file to a Hotmail address,
> but as a best practice I don't give out my work email in the newsgroup
> forums. I was able to send Michael (MGL) a link to our FTP site where he was
> able to successfully upload his problem file; this file has helped us work on
> this issue.  If any of you would like to upload your file(s) to our FTP site,
> you can send me an email (llaney@hotmail.com) and I will give you access to
> the FTP site.  I will use the email address that you send from, to send you
> the invitation.
>
> Again, thank you for your help and for your patience as we work on this
> problem.
>
> LeRoy
>

> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
> > SMR_Aaron wrote:
> > > I'm pretty sure I can find a file to send Leroy that is experiencing
> > > this issue, but I agree with Martin, I would prefer dealing with an
> > > actual Microsoft email address / FTP site.  Most of our Publisher
> > > files we have are fairly large, so FTP is probably the way to go.
> > >
> > > Aaron
> > ===========================
> > FWIW...maybe you could upload the
> > file to one of the following sites and
> > send the recipients the download link.
> >
> > "YouSendIt"
> > http://www.yousendit.com/
> >
> > "SendSpace"
> > http://www.sendspace.com/
> >

> > --
> >
> >       J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > Digital Media Experience
> >
> >             Notice
> > This is not tech support
> >       I am a volunteer
> >
> >  Solutions that work for
> > me may not work for you
> >
> > Proceed at your own risk

0
SMRAaron (5)
5/20/2009 12:32:02 PM
I renamed the SP2 version of MSPUB.EXE and copied the SP1 MSPUB.EXE version
12.0.6308.5000 to the office12 folder and Publisher opens the files now. I
haven't completely tested all functions so I would save any modified files
with a new file name just in case.

JC

"Stefan Kratzert" wrote:

> I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> Does anybody know what to do?
>
> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Stefan
0
jc1 (91)
5/20/2009 3:28:01 PM
Has there been any resolution?  We've been fighting with this for a couple
weeks now.  People are starting to beg for the Adobe suite!
0
PatrickS (5)
5/29/2009 6:52:01 PM
No resolution that I'm aware of.  Leroy from Microsoft (LL3) was supposedly
working on this issue for us, but he never responded to my post from last
week nor did he respond to the email I sent directly to his hotmail account.
Is it too much to ask for some type of weekly update from Microsoft regarding
this issue?

Aaron

"Patrick S" wrote:

> Has there been any resolution?  We've been fighting with this for a couple
> weeks now.  People are starting to beg for the Adobe suite!
0
SMRAaron (5)
5/29/2009 7:47:01 PM
Hi Aaron,

I never did see an email in my Hotmail inbox, if you sent it and I didn't
get it, chances are it was filtered to my Junk mail folder. I can assure you
that this is still a high pri issue for us and we are actively working on
this issue. We are sorry for the pain that this bug is causing.
Unfortunately at this time I cannot go into any more details about a
resolution but I hope to be able to update you all on what's happening very
soon.

If you still have the file available to send, I would love to have it. If
you post here before you send me the mail to get access to the FTP site, I
will be sure to look in both folders.

Thank you for your help,

LL3

"SMR_Aaron" wrote:

> No resolution that I'm aware of.  Leroy from Microsoft (LL3) was supposedly
> working on this issue for us, but he never responded to my post from last
> week nor did he respond to the email I sent directly to his hotmail account.
> Is it too much to ask for some type of weekly update from Microsoft regarding
> this issue?
>
> Aaron
>

> "Patrick S" wrote:
>
> > Has there been any resolution?  We've been fighting with this for a couple
> > weeks now.  People are starting to beg for the Adobe suite!
0
LL3 (14)
6/5/2009 8:01:01 PM
SMR_Aaron wrote:
> No resolution that I'm aware of.  Leroy from Microsoft (LL3) was supposedly
> working on this issue for us, but he never responded to my post from last
> week nor did he respond to the email I sent directly to his hotmail account.
> Is it too much to ask for some type of weekly update from Microsoft regarding
> this issue?

If you still have trouble sending the file to LL3, feel free to send it
to me, and I'll forward it on. If the email is >20MB it might be
bounced; if so, you can use WinRAR to split it up, or use a file sending
service like YouSendIt.com to send it to me.

My email address is:
the UNDERSCORE nerd ATSIGN mvps DOT org

(Please do not repost in plaintext)

LL3: Could you drop me an email at the same address, from your
@microsoft.com address, please?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)
6/5/2009 9:21:52 PM
Hello - I cannot open 'Brochure format' files since installing SP2.
I ,however, can open other formats i.e Business cards, Greeting cards and
files created from 'blank page'. (I don't use Newsletter format.)
--
MR

"LL3" wrote:

> Thank you all for your posts, and for your offer to share your files. I
> understand that you may be reluctant to send your file to a Hotmail address,
> but as a best practice I don't give out my work email in the newsgroup
> forums. I was able to send Michael (MGL) a link to our FTP site where he was
> able to successfully upload his problem file; this file has helped us work on
> this issue.  If any of you would like to upload your file(s) to our FTP site,
> you can send me an email (llaney@hotmail.com) and I will give you access to
> the FTP site.  I will use the email address that you send from, to send you
> the invitation.
>
> Again, thank you for your help and for your patience as we work on this
> problem.
>
> LeRoy
>

> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
> > SMR_Aaron wrote:
> > > I'm pretty sure I can find a file to send Leroy that is experiencing
> > > this issue, but I agree with Martin, I would prefer dealing with an
> > > actual Microsoft email address / FTP site.  Most of our Publisher
> > > files we have are fairly large, so FTP is probably the way to go.
> > >
> > > Aaron
> > ===========================
> > FWIW...maybe you could upload the
> > file to one of the following sites and
> > send the recipients the download link.
> >
> > "YouSendIt"
> > http://www.yousendit.com/
> >
> > "SendSpace"
> > http://www.sendspace.com/
> >

> > --
> >
> >       J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > Digital Media Experience
> >
> >             Notice
> > This is not tech support
> >       I am a volunteer
> >
> >  Solutions that work for
> > me may not work for you
> >
> > Proceed at your own risk

0
MRYX (1)
6/6/2009 4:13:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
free.  Thank you for your patience and the help that you gave us by sending
us your Publisher files to test against; they really helped us out. We value
your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to our product.

Sincerely,
LL3

"MRYX" wrote:

> Hello - I cannot open 'Brochure format' files since installing SP2.
> I ,however, can open other formats i.e Business cards, Greeting cards and
> files created from 'blank page'. (I don't use Newsletter format.)
> --
> MR
>

> "LL3" wrote:
>
> > Thank you all for your posts, and for your offer to share your files. I
> > understand that you may be reluctant to send your file to a Hotmail address,
> > but as a best practice I don't give out my work email in the newsgroup
> > forums. I was able to send Michael (MGL) a link to our FTP site where he was
> > able to successfully upload his problem file; this file has helped us work on
> > this issue.  If any of you would like to upload your file(s) to our FTP site,
> > you can send me an email (llaney@hotmail.com) and I will give you access to
> > the FTP site.  I will use the email address that you send from, to send you
> > the invitation.
> >
> > Again, thank you for your help and for your patience as we work on this
> > problem.
> >
> > LeRoy

> > > ===========================
> > > FWIW...maybe you could upload the
> > > file to one of the following sites and
> > > send the recipients the download link.
> > >
> > > "YouSendIt"
> > > http://www.yousendit.com/
> > >
> > > "SendSpace"
> > > http://www.sendspace.com/
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > >       J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > > Digital Media Experience
> > >
> > >             Notice
> > > This is not tech support
> > >       I am a volunteer
> > >
> > >  Solutions that work for
> > > me may not work for you
> > >
> > > Proceed at your own risk

0
LL3 (14)
6/8/2009 5:20:01 AM
LL3 wrote:
> Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
> that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
> reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
> will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
> hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
> free.

That's great news, thanks LL3!

Is there/will there be a KB article describing the problem?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)
6/8/2009 8:11:15 AM
The file I have is very small.  I just emailed it to you.  If you could
forward it to Leroy (LL3), I'd appreciate it.

Aaron

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> SMR_Aaron wrote:
> > No resolution that I'm aware of.  Leroy from Microsoft (LL3) was supposedly
> > working on this issue for us, but he never responded to my post from last
> > week nor did he respond to the email I sent directly to his hotmail account.
> > Is it too much to ask for some type of weekly update from Microsoft regarding
> > this issue?
>
> If you still have trouble sending the file to LL3, feel free to send it
> to me, and I'll forward it on. If the email is >20MB it might be
> bounced; if so, you can use WinRAR to split it up, or use a file sending
> service like YouSendIt.com to send it to me.
>
> My email address is:
> the UNDERSCORE nerd ATSIGN mvps DOT org
>
> (Please do not repost in plaintext)
>
> LL3: Could you drop me an email at the same address, from your
> @microsoft.com address, please?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
SMRAaron (5)
6/8/2009 1:12:01 PM
I believe there will be one to go along with the Public Update release.
"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> LL3 wrote:
> > Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
> > that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
> > reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
> > will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
> > hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
> > free.
>
> That's great news, thanks LL3!
>
> Is there/will there be a KB article describing the problem?
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
LL3 (14)
6/8/2009 5:58:01 PM
Hi Aaron,

I just checked my Hotmail inbox and I haven't gotten the file yet.  Once I
get it, I will test it with the fix.  I also just realized that I made a NG
post out of order so I'm posting this again to make sure everyone see it.
Too many email technologies to keep up with these days. :-)

From Last Night:

"SMR_Aaron" wrote:

> The file I have is very small.  I just emailed it to you.  If you could
> forward it to Leroy (LL3), I'd appreciate it.
>
> Aaron
>

> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > SMR_Aaron wrote:
> > > No resolution that I'm aware of.  Leroy from Microsoft (LL3) was supposedly
> > > working on this issue for us, but he never responded to my post from last
> > > week nor did he respond to the email I sent directly to his hotmail account.
> > > Is it too much to ask for some type of weekly update from Microsoft regarding
> > > this issue?
> >
> > If you still have trouble sending the file to LL3, feel free to send it
> > to me, and I'll forward it on. If the email is >20MB it might be
> > bounced; if so, you can use WinRAR to split it up, or use a file sending
> > service like YouSendIt.com to send it to me.
> >
> > My email address is:
> > the UNDERSCORE nerd ATSIGN mvps DOT org
> >
> > (Please do not repost in plaintext)
> >
> > LL3: Could you drop me an email at the same address, from your
> > @microsoft.com address, please?
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > http://ed.mvps.org

0
LL3 (14)
6/8/2009 10:37:01 PM
Hi Aaron,

I just tested your file and it opens fine with the fix. Thanks for your help
and thank you Ed for passing the file along.

"LL3" wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I just checked my Hotmail inbox and I haven't gotten the file yet.  Once I
> get it, I will test it with the fix.  I also just realized that I made a NG
> post out of order so I'm posting this again to make sure everyone see it.
> Too many email technologies to keep up with these days. :-)
>
> From Last Night:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
> that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
> reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
> will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
> hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
> free.  Thank you for your patience and the help that you gave us by sending
> us your Publisher files to test against; they really helped us out. We value
> your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to our product.
>
> Sincerely,
> LL3
>

> "SMR_Aaron" wrote:
>
> > The file I have is very small.  I just emailed it to you.  If you could
> > forward it to Leroy (LL3), I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > Aaron

> > > If you still have trouble sending the file to LL3, feel free to send it
> > > to me, and I'll forward it on. If the email is >20MB it might be
> > > bounced; if so, you can use WinRAR to split it up, or use a file sending
> > > service like YouSendIt.com to send it to me.
> > >
> > > My email address is:
> > > the UNDERSCORE nerd ATSIGN mvps DOT org
> > >
> > > (Please do not repost in plaintext)
> > >
> > > LL3: Could you drop me an email at the same address, from your
> > > @microsoft.com address, please?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > > http://ed.mvps.org

0
LL3 (14)
6/8/2009 11:44:01 PM
I just wanted to make sure I understand. Will a fix for the 1100009 error be
available for download on June 30th? If so, can simply check for updates
through Publisher?

"LL3" wrote:

> I believe there will be one to go along with the Public Update release.
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > LL3 wrote:
> > > Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
> > > that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
> > > reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
> > > will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
> > > hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
> > > free.
> >
> > That's great news, thanks LL3!
> >
> > Is there/will there be a KB article describing the problem?
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > http://ed.mvps.org

Has anyone installed the update or know the file name or number that fixes
this issue because I am still having the problem even though my problem was
with excel files not publisher.

"Timothy W. Foutz" wrote:

> I just wanted to make sure I understand. Will a fix for the 1100009 error be
> available for download on June 30th? If so, can simply check for updates
> through Publisher?
>
> "LL3" wrote:
>
> > I believe there will be one to go along with the Public Update release.

> > > That's great news, thanks LL3!
> > >
> > > Is there/will there be a KB article describing the problem?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > > http://ed.mvps.org

0
VJohnson (4)
7/1/2009 4:32:06 PM
Would there be another way for me to get this update and I didn't see it when
i check my updates did this still get deployed on June 30th?  Can you give me
the update number?

"LL3" wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I just checked my Hotmail inbox and I haven't gotten the file yet.  Once I
> get it, I will test it with the fix.  I also just realized that I made a NG
> post out of order so I'm posting this again to make sure everyone see it.
> Too many email technologies to keep up with these days. :-)
>
> From Last Night:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
> that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
> reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
> will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
> hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
> free.  Thank you for your patience and the help that you gave us by sending
> us your Publisher files to test against; they really helped us out. We value
> your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to our product.
>
> Sincerely,
> LL3
>

> "SMR_Aaron" wrote:
>
> > The file I have is very small.  I just emailed it to you.  If you could
> > forward it to Leroy (LL3), I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > Aaron

> > > If you still have trouble sending the file to LL3, feel free to send it
> > > to me, and I'll forward it on. If the email is >20MB it might be
> > > bounced; if so, you can use WinRAR to split it up, or use a file sending
> > > service like YouSendIt.com to send it to me.
> > >
> > > My email address is:
> > > the UNDERSCORE nerd ATSIGN mvps DOT org
> > >
> > > (Please do not repost in plaintext)
> > >
> > > LL3: Could you drop me an email at the same address, from your
> > > @microsoft.com address, please?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > > http://ed.mvps.org

0
VJohnson (4)
7/1/2009 4:38:01 PM
There was a hotfix issued yesterday. Is this what you are asking about?
Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher.msp): June 30, 2009
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"VJohnson" <VJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone installed the update or know the file name or number that fixes
> this issue because I am still having the problem even though my problem was
> with excel files not publisher.
>
> "Timothy W. Foutz" wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to make sure I understand. Will a fix for the 1100009 error be
>> available for download on June 30th? If so, can simply check for updates
>> through Publisher?
>>
>> "LL3" wrote:
>>
>> > I believe there will be one to go along with the Public Update release.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
7/1/2009 5:37:15 PM

> Would there be another way for me to get this update and I didn't see it when
> i check my updates did this still get deployed on June 30th?  Can you give me
> the update number?
>
> "LL3" wrote:
>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> I just checked my Hotmail inbox and I haven't gotten the file yet.  Once I
>> get it, I will test it with the fix.  I also just realized that I made a NG
>> post out of order so I'm posting this again to make sure everyone see it.
>> Too many email technologies to keep up with these days. :-)
>>
>> From Last Night:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Let me first say how sorry we are that you are experiencing this problem and
>> that it has been a top priority for our team, since we first started getting
>> reports on this problem.  I am happy to announce that we do have a fix and it
>> will be released as part of the Microsoft Public Update that is scheduled to
>> hit the web on June 30th. Everyone will be able to download this fix for
>> free.  Thank you for your patience and the help that you gave us by sending
>> us your Publisher files to test against; they really helped us out. We value
>> your feedback and thank you for your loyalty to our product.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> LL3
>>

>> "SMR_Aaron" wrote:
>>
>> > The file I have is very small.  I just emailed it to you.  If you could
>> > forward it to Leroy (LL3), I'd appreciate it.
>> >
>> > Aaron

0
mary.sauer (2018)
7/1/2009 5:37:43 PM
Hi all,

I think the update in question is actually KB 969693
We do not have SP2 installed, yet encountered the same issue.
Uninstalling this update fixed the issue for us.

I am guessing that SP2 includes this update, so that is why it appears that
the culprit is actually SP2.

Will this fix work if I have not installed SP2?

"Stefan Kratzert" wrote:

> I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> Does anybody know what to do?
>
> Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Stefan
0
Anthony2219 (255)
7/16/2009 5:46:01 AM
I don't see that update so you may be right

"Anthony" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think the update in question is actually KB 969693
> We do not have SP2 installed, yet encountered the same issue.
> Uninstalling this update fixed the issue for us.
>
> I am guessing that SP2 includes this update, so that is why it appears that
> the culprit is actually SP2.
>
> Will this fix work if I have not installed SP2?
>

> "Stefan Kratzert" wrote:
>
> > I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2.
> > Does anybody know what to do?
> >
> > Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work.
> >
> > Thanks for help
> >
> > Stefan
0
VJohnson (4)

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

Publisher 2000

Blackberry Internet Email & Exch 2007
Greets... Have some Blackberrys that were using BB Internet Email connection. Worked fine with Exch. 2003. Now we upgraded to Exch. 2007 and Blackbery Internet Connection (via T-Mobile) gives us "Cannot connect to server". I think this is related to the old method of accessing via web: i.e. HTTPS:\\mail.company.com\exchange\username doesn't work the same under 2007. I've tried Https:\\mail.company.com\owa\username and that doesn't work either... Thanks, Cheesle Check out this link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ cheers, Guga Varo Exchange Gr...

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Office X 10.1.2 Update Failed
I'm new to the Mac OS X although pretty experienced with Windows XP and Office. When I try to update my original install of Office X, I get error message 11002:2,-14. I read the Read Me and troubleshooting section, turned off the virus protection and removed the Microsoft Office Plugin file as directed in the troubleshooting. None of this helped. I noticed (remember I'm new to Macs) I can move a copy of the Microsoft Office X directory to another hard drive, and clicking on Entrouage or any program opens it just fine (including all the mail). Of course, that would be impossible in...

linking data #2
I need to fill a table on one sheet with data from another sheet. The data is the sum of totals from a range of sub-tables. What I require is a function that will sequentially fill a colum on one sheet by gathering every 15th value from the data column on another sheet. Thanks This will pick up A1, A16, A31, A46, ... =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,(ROW()-1)*15+1) Dragged down. But this would seem pretty dangerous to me. If you insert/delete rows, won't everything go south pretty fast? Since you're working with subtotals, maybe using data|pivottable would be better. If you want to read mor...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

Creating PDF No Longer Works in Any Office Product
I'm not sure when things stopped working. I have MSO 2003 and Windows 2007. When I hit the PDF button in Excel, it starts going through the PDF motions but then Excel locks up and stops responding. In Word, the screen blinks a few times and then just goes back to Word without making the PDF. This is getting frustrating, any ideas? Try this first if you use Excel 2007 Run Office Diagnostics. Office Button>Excel Options...Resources -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

opening links

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...

Validating sum of 2 cells, same row
Hi- I have created a row with 2 categories and 2 numerical selection lists The numerical selection list represents a % allocation and goes fro 0-100 in increments of 5 and the goal is to apply a percent of tim spent on activities in each category. The sum of the two %allocatio cells should equal 100 - is there a way to confirm/validate this befor the user leaves the row?? eg Row 1 Category 1 %allocation Category2 %allocation Row 2 Activity 1 0-100 (selection list) Activity 2 0-100(selection list) Thanks -Ji -- jgkoci ------------------------------------...