Cannot open Clip art in Publisher... Please Help?

When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art.  It has always worked from
the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help.
0
ATA (2)

Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when the Organizer
opens, tools, compact.

Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete
files.

If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the help in the
Organizer.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art.  It has always worked from
> the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help.

0
gsauer (5094)
1/6/2006 6:47:05 PM
  I've been having a problem with clip art too, the ones that are stored on
the cd. I thought it was my computer or the CD (office 2000 CD#2)  If I need
to get something off the cd the hourglass comes up and spins and nothing
happens and it says not responding. Last night I tried the repair and
reinstall and it wouldn't work, either.

   I'm going to try these suggestions.

   ~ Carrie

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when the
Organizer
> opens, tools, compact.
>
> Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options,
delete
> files.
>
> If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the help
in the
> Organizer.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art.  It has always worked
from
> > the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help.

0
starchild1 (144)
1/6/2006 7:30:34 PM
 I can't find this on mine, I can find Microsoft small business planner and
Office tools, but nothing that says Organizer.

 Maybe I have a different version or it's not installed? If it's on cd #2 it
might not ever be (LOL) I also have a backup copy of cd2 that doesn't work,
either (which leads me to believe it's probably my computer, which is old
and getting worn out)

   I'm anticipating getting a newer, better one, so letting some of this
stuff go for now.

   ~ Carrie

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when the
Organizer
> opens, tools, compact.
>
> Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options,
delete
> files.
>
> If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the help
in the
> Organizer.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art.  It has always worked
from
> > the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help.

0
starchild1 (144)
1/6/2006 7:37:49 PM
Carrie, Your version of Publisher uses the Clip Gallery. This article explains how to
put the images on your hard drive. Depending on your version of Office the clips will
need from 3 MB to 490 MB

CG5: Prompt for CD-ROM When You Insert Clips
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235848

The Clip Gallery has its own help files with troubleshooting steps. You can compact
your Clip Gallery, right-click any image in the catalogue, click recover.
There are many knowledge base articles that can help as well:
Microsoft Clip Gallery 5.0 Frequently Asked Questions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fscid%3Dfh%3BEN-US%3BOffClipGal50

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Carrie" <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> wrote in message
> I can't find this on mine, I can find Microsoft small business planner and
> Office tools, but nothing that says Organizer.
>
> Maybe I have a different version or it's not installed? If it's on cd #2 it
> might not ever be (LOL) I also have a backup copy of cd2 that doesn't work,
> either (which leads me to believe it's probably my computer, which is old
> and getting worn out)
>
>   I'm anticipating getting a newer, better one, so letting some of this
> stuff go for now.
>
>   ~ Carrie
>
> "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when the
> Organizer
>> opens, tools, compact.
>>
>> Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options,
> delete
>> files.
>>
>> If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the help
> in the
>> Organizer.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art.  It has always worked
> from
>> > the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help.

0
gsauer (5094)
1/6/2006 8:54:06 PM
 Thanks, I was going to put the clips on my hardrive one other time, but
decided not to use up the space (on this computer) I only have 8 GB in all,
which seemed like a lot when I got it (LOL)

    I'll save this in the notebook I've started to put all the lessons and
tips I'm finding out here.

> Carrie, Your version of Publisher uses the Clip Gallery. This article
explains how to
> put the images on your hard drive. Depending on your version of Office the
clips will
> need from 3 MB to 490 MB
>
> CG5: Prompt for CD-ROM When You Insert Clips
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235848
>
> The Clip Gallery has its own help files with troubleshooting steps. You
can compact
> your Clip Gallery, right-click any image in the catalogue, click recover.
> There are many knowledge base articles that can help as well:
> Microsoft Clip Gallery 5.0 Frequently Asked Questions

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fscid%3Dfh%3BEN-US%3BOffClipGal50

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Carrie" <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> wrote in message
> > I can't find this on mine, I can find Microsoft small business planner
and
> > Office tools, but nothing that says Organizer.
> >
> > Maybe I have a different version or it's not installed? If it's on cd #2
it
> > might not ever be (LOL) I also have a backup copy of cd2 that doesn't
work,
> > either (which leads me to believe it's probably my computer, which is
old
> > and getting worn out)
> >
> >   I'm anticipating getting a newer, better one, so letting some of this
> > stuff go for now.
> >
> >   ~ Carrie
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when
the
> > Organizer
> >> opens, tools, compact.
> >>
> >> Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet
Options,
> > delete
> >> files.
> >>
> >> If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the
help
> > in the
> >> Organizer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > from

0
starchild1 (144)

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Publisher 2000

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

Problem trying to open old money file

OptionButton Help
I'm trying to change the OptionButton group names to the name of the 'Current Sheet' name automatically. Is there protocol to assigning a name without having to change it every time I copy the worksheet? You could use a macro--especially if you had lots: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim OLEObj As OLEObject Dim newWks As Worksheet Dim curWks As Worksheet Set curWks = Worksheets("sheet1") curWks.Copy _ after:=curWks Set newWks = ActiveSheet With newWks For Each OLEObj In .OLEObjects If TypeO...

opening links in outlook

looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...
....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9. Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help! What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receiv...

Loosing Data-Help needed
Hi All, I have an huge spreadsheet with macros on it, which is continuously updated. Off recently my spreadsheet is loosing the data i.e. I will have 2-3 days old information, all the updates that we made recently is lost. I am saving the spreadsheet every 15-20 mins still it is doing it. Could anyone please help me :confused: . Thank You, Naveen -- neomemphis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neomemphis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33240 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Publishing CRM Web
I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15 workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for consu...

Disappearing Pictures in Publisher
Hi, I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures. Most of the pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View / Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the picture does not show up. We really need to fix this probl...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

HELP!- Outlook 2002 and Windows Installer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C48A75.535D59D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Everytime I open Outlook 2002 - the "Windows Installer" dialog box = appears. On the first instance of opening Outlook 2002 after a reboot or = cold start - the "Windows Installer" actually goes through what appears = to be the installation of a ?????. Repeated openings of Outlook 2002 = reveals the dialog box for about two seconds then it closes. This just = started. O/S: Win XP- ...

help with stop loop eof
I have a table "pt" with 2 fields 1 named "MasterID" and 1 named "tickets" each MasterID hes a number of tickets to print so I want to append to a new table each masterid so many times the value of the ticket field is example if the masterid "15251" hes the ticket value 20 I want to append to the new table the value "15251" 20 times so I created a query "select tickets from pt group by tickets" and the form runs the loop on each query record so many times the value of me.tikets then the first loop is to navigate to the next record the...

EXCEL Files open Slow

publisher custom paper size
I am using Publisher 2003 and an HP Photosmart 7660 printer. I am trying to print on precut paper which is 5.5x8.5" I follow the directions for setting up custom paper sizes, but when I am in publisher the custom form does not appear. However, the custom form is set up in the printerand does show up when not in Publisher. Any suggestions? Also is there some sort of work around? Did you select the custom option in the page setup after you setup your printer? If it did not reflect the printer setting... Use your custom page setup in your printer rather than the HP default. You s...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...