CANNOT OPEN a publisher 2000 FILE in Publisher 2002 or 2003 - Help!

I am very frustrated by the fact that I cannot open one of my file created in Publisher 2000 using my Publisher 2002 or 2003 versions. The file is converted by Publisher 2003 up to about 74% and then an error message comes up asking that I report the error message to Microsft - which I did. There is nothing wrong with the file as this because a problem only after I purchased the new versions. This is a very important document for me as I invested a lot of time creating it. Please advise as to how this could be fixed. Thanks!
0
stevk (3)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Stevk <stevk@idirect.com>...
> I am very frustrated by the fact that I cannot open one of my file
> created in Publisher 2000 using my Publisher 2002 or 2003 versions.
> The file is converted by Publisher 2003 up to about 74% and then an
> error message comes up asking that I report the error message to
> Microsft - which I did. There is nothing wrong with the file as this
> because a problem only after I purchased the new versions.

Are you running Norton AntiVirus?
Does the file still open in Publisher 2000?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/22/2003 5:03:39 PM
Yes, I am running Norton Antivirus. I have installed all three versions  of Publisher (2000, 2002, 2003) and the only one that opens it is Publisher 2000. What do you suggest that I do because this is a very important file that I would like to be able to open in Publisher 2002 or 3. Perhaps I coucl cut and past one page at a time into Publisher 2003.... but that woudl be such a slow way of doing it.

Thanks for your help Ed.
0
stevk (3)
12/23/2003 7:36:16 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Stevk <stevk@idirect.com>...
> Yes, I am running Norton Antivirus.

Disable Script Blocking and the Microsoft Office PlugIn in Norton AntiVirus
and try opening the file(s)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

Outlook 2000 crashes computer
My operating system is 98. I just installed software for SBC Yahoo DSL After the installation, Outlook 2000 crashes my computer when I attempt to send an e-mail with an attachment. It works fine if there is not an attachment. >-----Original Message----- >My operating system is 98. I just installed software for >SBC Yahoo DSL After the installation, Outlook 2000 crashes >my computer when I attempt to send an e-mail with an >attachment. It works fine if there is not an attachment. >. > Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My operating system...

Viewing text 2003 vs. 2007
I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text. When I select a cell I can read all the text in the formula bar. But I sent it to someone with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible. Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text? -- Matt S ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area where you see the text. If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line "Matt S" wrote: > I have a 2003 worksheet with ma...

Execute .bat file in the same process
Platform: VC7, Windows 2000 Hi, Is it possible to execute .bat file in the same process. My requirement is that I want to set environment variable value in my process using .bat file. If not, what is alternate way. Regards Vijay You can use the SetEnvironmentVariable API call. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "vijay" <vijaysingh@abosoftware.com> wrote in message news:uogHjM3hFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Platform: VC7, Windows 2000 > > > > Hi, > > > > Is it possible to execute .bat fi...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

On the way to 2003
I'm about to install a new Exchange 2003 server. My current Exchange 5.5 server still sits in our nearly-abandoned NT4 domain. Users are already logging on to the 2003 domain while their mailboxes remain in Exchange 5.5. This is just how things have worked out. But now, the question is moving mailboxes after installing Exchange 2003 in the Active Directory domain from the NT4 domain. My plan is to create a new Organization with the 2003 install. Is the easiest, least painful way to move things at this point to create ..pst files out of the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes and put them in Ex...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

opening links in outlook

Exchange 2003 Store.exe failure
Hello, Our Exchange Server 2003 recently exhibited the same issues as described in Nicolas Harnois's post (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=umCQCkuhDHA.944%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl). The problem starts with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 2/25/2004 Time: 3:43:10 AM User: N/A Computer: ACCEXC1 Description: The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Exchange Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registr...

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

active sync and exchange 2003
Hi, I am having major problems with getting active sync working. Our OWA folder in https://mail.domain.com/exchange 2003 is configured to require SSL and is Forms based with basic authentication. So I went the following location http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=817379 and created another virtual directory called /ExchangeOMA as the microsoft KB aritical instructs. SSL is also set to required on https://mail.domain.com/oma and that works just fine. When I go to http://mail.domain.com/exchangeOMA it looks like it trying to come up with outlook web access but all the icons are ...

OFFICE 2003 02-12-10
ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN EXCEL ANYMORE. INSTEAD OF OPENING THE PROGRAM, IT WENT TO WINDOWS INSTALLER AND JUST STOPPED.I REMOVED OFFICE 2003 FROM THE HARDDRIVE AND THEN REINSTALLED IT FROM THE DISK. HOWEVER, I AM GETTING THE ERROR MESSAGE: "ERROR 1304 - ERROR WRITING TO FILE: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICEII\1033\XLINTL32.DLL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY " i WAS ABLE TO INSTALL "WORD" AND "OUTLOOCK" SEPARASTE;Y. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL "EXCEL" I GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. WHAT CAN I DO TO...

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Publishing CRM Web
I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15 workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for consu...