Cannot Load the Printer Driver

I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003.  How come on some projects I can
print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver".
I am completely hung up in my work due to this error.  I can open a new
publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message.
However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just
fine.  HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and
complete my work!

0
ewife (2)

Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked
around for an updated driver? If there is not one available it could be your
present driver either is corrupt or it doesn't recognize Vista.
It is always advisable to completely remove your printer driver before
installing/re-installing.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ewife" <ewife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003.  How come on some projects I can
> print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver".
> I am completely hung up in my work due to this error.  I can open a new
> publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message.
> However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just
> fine.  HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and
> complete my work!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/5/2007 9:57:52 PM
I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

"ewife" wrote:

> I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003.  How come on some projects I can
> print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver".
> I am completely hung up in my work due to this error.  I can open a new
> publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message.
> However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just
> fine.  HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and
> complete my work!

0
Madonna (2)
6/9/2007 5:59:01 PM
Did you go to the manufacturer's web page to see if there is a Vista driver for
your printer? Have you considered re-installing your present driver if a new
driver is not available.

It is always advisable to completely remove your driver before installing or
re-installing,

Open the Printer folder in the Control panel, File, Server Properties, drivers
tab, highlight your printer, click remove.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Madonna" <Madonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?
>
> "ewife" wrote:
>
>> I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003.  How come on some projects I can
>> print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver".
>> I am completely hung up in my work due to this error.  I can open a new
>> publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message.
>> However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just
>> fine.  HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and
>> complete my work!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/9/2007 6:10:52 PM
I'm having the same issue.  So far the only type of publication that gives
the "cannot load the printer driver" error is the Postcard.  I get the same
error when trying to do a Print Preview.

I'm running a clean install of Vista with Publisher 2003.  My printer is a
Lexmark X5150.  I've only installed the Vista drivers from the Lexmark
website.  I shared my printer on the Vista machine and used my XP machine to
print off the postcard, which worked just fine (however, my XP machine has
Publisher 2007).

This seems less like a printer driver problem and more like a problem with
Publisher 2003 and Vista.  Is there any truth to this?  And if so, is there
going to be a fix from Microsoft for this other than to upgrade to Publisher
2007?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Did you go to the manufacturer's web page to see if there is a Vista driver for
> your printer? Have you considered re-installing your present driver if a new
> driver is not available.
>
> It is always advisable to completely remove your driver before installing or
> re-installing,
>
> Open the Printer folder in the Control panel, File, Server Properties, drivers
> tab, highlight your printer, click remove.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Madonna" <Madonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?
> >
> > "ewife" wrote:
> >
> >> I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003.  How come on some projects I can
> >> print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver".
> >> I am completely hung up in my work due to this error.  I can open a new
> >> publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message.
> >> However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just
> >> fine.  HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and
> >> complete my work!

0
Weigand (1)
8/2/2007 5:10:01 PM
It shouldn't be a Publisher problem. According to the Lexmark site the Vista
drivers are  minimal. Have you completely uninstalled the old driver before you
installed the new? There are different instructions for Lexmark drivers on Bruce
Sanderson's web site.
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm#LexmarkDriver

Have you tried using the old driver?
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Brian Weigand" <Brian Weigand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same issue.  So far the only type of publication that gives
> the "cannot load the printer driver" error is the Postcard.  I get the same
> error when trying to do a Print Preview.
>
> I'm running a clean install of Vista with Publisher 2003.  My printer is a
> Lexmark X5150.  I've only installed the Vista drivers from the Lexmark
> website.  I shared my printer on the Vista machine and used my XP machine to
> print off the postcard, which worked just fine (however, my XP machine has
> Publisher 2007).
>
> This seems less like a printer driver problem and more like a problem with
> Publisher 2003 and Vista.  Is there any truth to this?  And if so, is there
> going to be a fix from Microsoft for this other than to upgrade to Publisher
> 2007?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Did you go to the manufacturer's web page to see if there is a Vista driver
>> for
>> your printer? Have you considered re-installing your present driver if a new
>> driver is not available.
>>
>> It is always advisable to completely remove your driver before installing or
>> re-installing,
>>
>> Open the Printer folder in the Control panel, File, Server Properties,
>> drivers
>> tab, highlight your printer, click remove.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Madonna" <Madonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/2/2007 6:55:05 PM
Dear Mary,

The Lexmark Vista drivers are minimal in the sense that they don't include
Lexmark's All-in-one center (basically the scanning package).  So I have to
use Vista's built in scan software for scanning.  Also, the old driver (which
would be the XP driver) has never been installed.  I did not upgrade XP to
Vista--I did a clean install.

I went ahead and deleted the printer and uninstalled the print driver using
the Server properties "remove" function, rebooted, and reinstalled the
printer drivers.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher 2003.  All
this was done with UAC turned off and I still have the same problem.  I
tested around 6 different pre-built templates (postcards, business cards,
wedding invitations, etc.) and they all give the same "unable to load print
driver" error when I try to print or do a print preview.  As long as I don't
use a pre-built template I can print just fine.

So I went ahead and downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007,
installed it, and voila!, I can print postcards and wedding invitations again
(for 60 days at least).  So it's definitely a Vista + Publisher 2003 problem
(or a Vista + Publisher 2003 + Lexmark printer problem).  I have an older HP
deskjet up in the attic.  I'm going to dust it off and install it later along
with Publisher 2003 (again) and see if there's any change.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> It shouldn't be a Publisher problem. According to the Lexmark site the Vista
> drivers are  minimal. Have you completely uninstalled the old driver before you
> installed the new? There are different instructions for Lexmark drivers on Bruce
> Sanderson's web site.
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm#LexmarkDriver
>
> Have you tried using the old driver?
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
I thought about downloading the driver onto my computer, but I thought better of
it. I have many drivers installed for various printers that I physically don't
have. I've never had one give me your message. Do you have Microsoft's
Imagesetter installed, can you print to it?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary,
>
> The Lexmark Vista drivers are minimal in the sense that they don't include
> Lexmark's All-in-one center (basically the scanning package).  So I have to
> use Vista's built in scan software for scanning.  Also, the old driver (which
> would be the XP driver) has never been installed.  I did not upgrade XP to
> Vista--I did a clean install.
>
> I went ahead and deleted the printer and uninstalled the print driver using
> the Server properties "remove" function, rebooted, and reinstalled the
> printer drivers.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher 2003.  All
> this was done with UAC turned off and I still have the same problem.  I
> tested around 6 different pre-built templates (postcards, business cards,
> wedding invitations, etc.) and they all give the same "unable to load print
> driver" error when I try to print or do a print preview.  As long as I don't
> use a pre-built template I can print just fine.
>
> So I went ahead and downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007,
> installed it, and voila!, I can print postcards and wedding invitations again
> (for 60 days at least).  So it's definitely a Vista + Publisher 2003 problem
> (or a Vista + Publisher 2003 + Lexmark printer problem).  I have an older HP
> deskjet up in the attic.  I'm going to dust it off and install it later along
> with Publisher 2003 (again) and see if there's any change.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't be a Publisher problem. According to the Lexmark site the Vista
>> drivers are  minimal. Have you completely uninstalled the old driver before
>> you
>> installed the new? There are different instructions for Lexmark drivers on
>> Bruce
>> Sanderson's web site.
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm#LexmarkDriver
>>
>> Have you tried using the old driver?
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/3/2007 4:12:14 PM
"Do you have Microsoft's Imagesetter installed, can you print to it?"

Yes and yes.
OK, I've isolated the cause.  It's definitely the Lexmark Vista printer
drivers that are causing all of the trouble.  I took my HP Deskjet 952c out
of storage, hooked it up my my Vista machine, uninstalled Publisher 2007,
installed Publisher 2003, tried to print my Postcard template and it worked
perfectly!

Note to all: Lexmark X5100 Vista drivers are not complete.

Oh well, the Lexmark printer is too big and noisey anyway.  Gives me an
excuse to get a new HP printer!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I thought about downloading the driver onto my computer, but I thought better of
> it. I have many drivers installed for various printers that I physically don't
> have. I've never had one give me your message. Do you have Microsoft's
> Imagesetter installed, can you print to it?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
Good news Brian. I've never been a Lexmark fan, its the price of the cartridges
that turns me off. Thanks for posting your experience. It is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> OK, I've isolated the cause.  It's definitely the Lexmark Vista printer
> drivers that are causing all of the trouble.  I took my HP Deskjet 952c out
> of storage, hooked it up my my Vista machine, uninstalled Publisher 2007,
> installed Publisher 2003, tried to print my Postcard template and it worked
> perfectly!
>
> Note to all: Lexmark X5100 Vista drivers are not complete.
>
> Oh well, the Lexmark printer is too big and noisey anyway.  Gives me an
> excuse to get a new HP printer!
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I thought about downloading the driver onto my computer, but I thought better
>> of
>> it. I have many drivers installed for various printers that I physically
>> don't
>> have. I've never had one give me your message. Do you have Microsoft's
>> Imagesetter installed, can you print to it?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/5/2007 9:51:05 PM
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Good news Brian. I've never been a Lexmark fan, its the price of the cartridges
>that turns me off.

Same here with HP.

0
unclegrumpy (297)
8/5/2007 10:11:39 PM
I have two HP printers, one is a LaserJet 5000, it has been a workhorse. Granted
the toner is pricey but a cartridge is good for 10,000 copies a month. I've had
this printer for at least 10 years. It didn't miss a beat when we went with
Vista.
In the past I've had an Epson and a Canon, both were pieces of junk...I don't
buy cheap.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Good news Brian. I've never been a Lexmark fan, its the price of the
>>cartridges
>>that turns me off.
>
> Same here with HP.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

bar code printer
i havea cognitive solutions advantage lx bar code printer. is there any way to make the font bigger. i am using a 1x2 label. thanks K.P.J. Yes, but I don't know that language... If you are using the cognitive windows driver, you can use the Label designer in RMS to graphically design the label and change the font. If you are (more likely) using the Generic/Text driver, you need to download the programming guide from Cognitive's website. It will tell you how to set the font size for a given line of output... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@ti...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

What do I load ?
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. If i comsume this web service: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx and do this operation: RetrieveArchivedTrips using: Dim strDate As Date = "2006-04-01" Dim endDate As Date = "2006-04-28" proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) What do I load when i use the following statements in my program: Dim doc as XmlDocument = new XmlDocument() doc.Load() Any...

Debug image fails to load.
Hi, I created an OS design with KITL, Kernel debugger enabled in Debug mode. But when i try to load the image to the CEPC it fails to boot. I am attaching the log here. ------ SERIAL PORT LOG starts ----------- Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Dec 9 2002 18:35:13 Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader 3.3 for CE/PC (Feb 6 2003) Boot Args @ 0x1F136 and ucLoaderFlags is 1 PCI Device Configurations (3 PCI bus(es) present)... ======================================================== Bus, Devi...

Click on a link and a picture loads in cell depending on which link you have clicked
Hello If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can get... e.g. If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 an then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure what you mean by link in A1 through A5, but I'd try it this way: Put all 5 pictures on the worksheet and position them where you want them. Name them to match the values in A1:A5. Select the picture for Bill and then type Bill in the name box (to the left of the formulabar) and hit enter. After all 5...

Netwok Adapter's Items (Drivers)
How can I enable/disable programatically using C# a driver for a network interface into Windows XP? (the ones you see into the property window, like TCP/IP protocol, Client for Microsoft Network, etc.) Thanks in advance! ...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Ev�nements Load et Unload
Quelqu'un peut-il me dire pourquoi je n'arrive pas � s�lectionner les �v�nements Load et Unload dans la partie droite de mon UserForm (et ce qu'il faut faire). (Je n'ai pas d'�v�nements Load et Unload dans la partie droite de ma liste, la partie gauche ayant le nom UserForm). D'avance merci, Jean-michel ...

While loading
I want to show a welcome screen while the application loads in the back ground. How can this be done? Thanks. Jess look at this:- http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/dialogspl.asp -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jA8Qf.44094$F_3.26672@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I want to show a welcome screen while the application loads in the back >ground. How can this be done? > > Thanks. > Jess > PJ's website has a nice class for this... obviously if you Google "Splash Scree...

Drop-down lists loading
Hi, I have several huge drop-down lists (countries for several forms,applications etc.) to load into the CRM. The only way to do that, I found is manual typing. Any ideas how I can do that in the automatic way? Thanks. You could use the SDK to do it programatically. How long is the list? Problem is by the time you have written the code to do such a job you usually could have typed the data in. "innab" <innab@nur.com> wrote in message news:0ca201c36bcf$1629b420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have several huge drop-down lists (countries for several > forms,applicat...

Export functions in a driver
Hello all, I have a question about exporting functions in a driver. I did some exporting functions in other projects by using __declspec(dllexport) but using that in a printer driver it fails to build. I used data_seg(shared) to share data between processes using this DLL. How ever I want to retrieve this data. I still haven't figured out how to do this. I thought using properties (get /set) would make it possible. Could anyone help me ^^? > __declspec(dllexport)=20 This is a dirty toy unsuitable for real projects, since it exports the = functions with mangled na...

OWA not loading
On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It’s getting stuck on “Loading” screen. What could be wrong? TIA Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A25FA6E8-1560-4969-9494-44BB7FA54936@microsoft.com... > On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It's getting stuck on "Loading" > screen. What could be wrong? > TIA > ...

XSD, complexTypes, SQLXML bulk load: What am I missing?
Hello Techies-- I am reading an XML document with many nested elements. Many of these elements go to such a variety of tables, that I am trying to simply the read of the document by dumping the data into a single table using SQLXML/BulkXMLLoad. I have triggers set on an insert of this table to cascade inserts to the appropriate myriad of other tables. Originally I tried to use simpleType, then I tried to use: complexType, mixed="true" when setting up the schema, but received errors from SQLXML stating that mixed type cannot be used. The bottom line: For every level of sequenced ele...

Cannot load
This may not be the forum; but all of a sudden today when I try to acess Excel from the main I receive notice that something or other cannot locate the what ever to load Excel. All files are there, and I was able acces by going on line. What gives or who should I seek out. Ron Take the what ever and install it on the thinga-jiggy. ~~~Sorry...but if you don't provide specific details, we can't provide specific resolutions. :) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "book12" <book12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8967...

Custom web page loads on POS login
I saw an RMS setup the other day, where they had a custom web page (to enter their customers fuel loaylty number). This page appeared straight away after logging into POS in the main part part of the screen (where your list of items are) Does anyone know how they did this? I can't find anywhere where you can set this, can only find the html web status in SO admin Cheers ...

Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? hi, PE wrote: > Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? Yes. You can simply create a shortcut of the database or use FullPathToAccess\MSACCESS.EXE FullpathToDatabase\db.mdb as shortcut destination. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

MFC application and Load DLL
Does a MFC Application can load to it DLL ? if yes were can i read how to do load the DLL, and get the DLL interfaces ? I am trying to load Ramdisk DLL to my application and create fast secondary storage option? "Zack" <zackm@infinite-memories.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:BA5F6E43-1340-4F17-987D-D26564BA6332@microsoft.com... > Does a MFC Application can load to it DLL ? > if yes were can i read how to do load the DLL, and get the DLL interfaces > ? > I am trying to load Ramdisk DLL to my application and create fast > secondary storage option? The...

Makita 6260DWPLE 9.6-Volt 3/8-Inch Cordless Driver-Drill &amp; Flashlight Kit
Price:$193.20 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B0009OMYFG Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0009OMYFG Makita and most of the other cordless tool companies have gone with this BIG BULKLY battery. I was hoping the picture was wrong and the 9.6 V Makita was the older model one where the battery fit in the handle. Oh Well. But the drill and light work great anyway. As I would expect from Makita This drill is so great for it's size. It's so light yet strong and very long lasting. If you do regular work with a drill this one can't be beat. I...

ImagePath= \??\C:\... (Start and stop driver driver using net start/stop drivername)
Hi, it is a non Pnp Driver ImagePath= \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\myDriver.sys -> The driver can be startet but no Driver details For what is the \??\ for ? Can some one explain it ? Why does it not work on if the following paths are set? ImagePath= system32\drivers\myDriver.sys -> System error 2 has occurred. -> The system cannot find the file specified. ImagePath= %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\myDriver.sys -> System error 2 has occurred. -> The system cannot find the path specified. cheers, GeminiServer > Why does it not work on if the followi...

Very slow loading
This concerns Office 2000. Suddenly Outlook started taking 3 to 4 minutes to open. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled it with Outlook, Word and Excel. Word and Excel load normally but Outlook still takes 3 to 4 minutes to load. I tried renaming the pst files in case they were corrupted so that Outlook would have to create a new pst file. This did not correct the problem. Once Outlook opens it appears to run normally. I am using Windows XP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have you tried Archiving or deleting old items to reduce the size of your file? "Bob" ...

Need to list printers on a LAN
I would like to list all printers on the local area network by ip address. Is there a way I can do this? I've found samples for listing on the local machine but I need to look at the whole network. Thanks ...