Cannot enter or copy/paste any Text

When I open an existing or new (blank) Publisher document
and try to enter text I get an error message "Publisher
cannot complete the operation."  If I try to copy/paste a
Text Frame on an existing document I get an error
message "There is not enough memory to paste objects."  It
will copy/paste or insert a picture or clipart.

I can create a bipmap image of a Publisher page and
copy/paste it into a Publisher or Word document. This
problem has come about within the last few days, because I
used the program 8-days ago.  I am not having any problems
with any other MS Office programs.

Thank You,
James
0
jjh90 (4)

James, how do you expect us to give you a satisfactory answer to your issues
without knowing what version of Windows and Publisher you have installed.
We are in the majority pretty damn good here, but our crystal balls have
failed due to overuse from the likes of people like you.

donotknock (1942)
8/26/2003 8:40:28 AM

I am running Windows XP and Publisher 2000 on my system.
I installed XP back in June and have had no problems with
the Publisher until now.

Thanks
0
jjh90 (4)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

copying from Word to Excel
I am trying to copy a line of data from a Word document into an Excel cell. When doing so it is configured incorrectly. In the box where normally you would find the cell address such as B58, it says OLE-LINK2 and I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know what this is? Hi if you don't need a link just copy the data in Word and insert it with 'Edit - Paste special' (and choose something like 'Text only') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F296D6C-CAB1-4A41-8E96-89EB94E4C53C...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Copy only part of text string
Hi, Wonder if someone maybe able to help me please. I have a database at work that contains details of test files. One of the fields for each test shows that actual error that caused the file to fail. The problem is, is that there is an awful lot of text from this field that I don't need to extract. The text I need to extract starts with the word Error and then the rest of the text that comes after it in the text string. The word Error can appear anywhere within the text string, but having worked through all of the failures I beleive that 'Error' can be used as the guide to star...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Paste rows in a table
Quite often I need to copy several rows of text to several rows of a table. I copy the rows that I want to paste into the tables, highlight the rows I want to copy to and click 'paste' or 'paste special/unformatted text' or 'paste special/formatted text'. Only the first word of each sentence is copied. How can I get all the characters/sentences of each row copied into as many rows in a table? Thanks for reading, wiersma7 Try using the 'table, convert text to table' command first. At the moment you are copying all the selected text then pasting...

Copying columns from webpage
I'm trying to copy columns from an IE webpage and paste into Excel 97. When I do that, all of the info pastes in Column A and I need to use the "Text to Columns" feature to spread the info out into the correct columns. I've tried pasting it as "Text" and that doesn't seem to work. This only happens periodically, it worked fine yesterday. Any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks! Once you have done Text to Columns once on data like that, Excel seems to remember what you have done and repeat it for you when you paste in new data. You might also want to cons...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Copy & Paste Problem
I have the following problem and was hoping some kind person out there could help:- I have recently discovered I can "COPY" my monthly bank statements from my online account and "PASTE" them directly into EXCEL. This saves me having to tpye al my transactions in manually. However there is a problem:- The oustanding balance on the internet is shown as follow:- 123.23 DR or 1356.56 CR etc. This means when it is "PASTED" into EXCEL that is how it looks in each individual cell. If I then want to perform calculations with these numbers I can't as...

Conditional Formatting Text!!
Hi I want to conditionally format some text in a spreadsheet using formula: I have column A1 with: 4a Be 3a To 4c To 4b Be 4c Be 5c Be 5c To 6a Be etc... What I want to do is for all cells which contain "5a Be" "5b Be" 5c Be" "4a Be" "4b be" and "4c Be" to be highlighted in Red - is there a formula to put all of them into one formula - If("5a Be" or "5b Be) etc.. Thanks Kiran "Kiran" <kiran.vithal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143053337.964222.63000@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi > ...

Wrap text and row autofit
Hello, If Wrap text is enabled for a cell, the row autofit function works properly. But if I merge 2 or more cells in a row, then autofit doesn't work. It sets itself to the height of 1 row even if the contents require more than 1 row's height. Pls help. Note: Excel 2003 version. thanks, GK GK Rows with Merged cells will not Autofit. Just one of many problems with merged cells. You need VBA code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As ...

Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box
Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases, the row height will also increase? I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height increases). Not too complicate things too much, but I was also hoping to do this within a protected sheet. "Jon" wrote: > Is there a way to link the...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Shared calendar does not show text in appointments
I've had a request for help because a user on our network, who has access permission to her bosses calendar, has a problem. When the PA sets new appointments she can see botht he new item and all the other appointments, whether she set them up or her boss did. However, when the Boss looks in the calender for herself, the ones set up by the PA show as blank spaces, but the subject line does not show the text. The PA knows how wto do this and IS using the subject line properly to detail what the appointment is for. Honestly, I'm baffled - I've never heard of this before. Any ideas ...

Formula showing in cell as text
This is a new one on me. After entering a formula, instead of seeing blank cell or the result of the formula in the cell, I'm seeing th text of the formula as I normally would see it displayed in the formul bar. I can't seem to get it to calculate or stop showing the formula a text in the cell. One additional odd thing, going to TOOLS>FORMULA AUDITING>EVALUAT FORMULA, everything looks normal, with two exceptions; one a statemen "The cell currently being evaluated contains a constant", is displaye in the dialog box and all but the CLOSE button are grayed out. What I ha...

Copy and Paste Between Files
Hi, I have two excel files that are generated by an application. I have created a third excel file that contains some macros/code. I am using these macros to open these files one at a time and clean up some of the headers etc and delete some columns. My goal is to take rows from one sheet and paste them into the other sheet at a cetain location. In the following example, I need to take IT people from File1 and paste them into File2 -BEFORE- S.Smith in IT and after AC department. Same way, I need to copy all HR people from File1 and paste them into File2 Before Q. Johnson in HR and Aft...

Changing text on convert lead webpage dialog
In the Opportunity form, I have renamed the "Potential Customer" Attribute to "Reseller". But on the Convert Lead webpage dialog, under Opportunity - the lookup field still displays as "potential customer". Is there anyway of changing this text? Hello, I think this webpage dialog is not customizable using the standard tools. I remember having a customer wanting to add functionality to the convert lead webpage. If someone has an idea about this would be nice. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "kwhite" wrote: > In the Opportunity form, I have ...

Rule to move leaves a copy in Inbox ???
I have a number of rules that move email to varying boxes based on word in the senders address. Then the last rule moves any remaining emails to other folders based on account. Problem is I end up with a copy in both places. I have checked and rechecked to make the rule is to MOVE the emails, not copy. The rule is definitely MOVE. Why do I end up with a copy in both places ? This is Outlook 2003, but I recall having that problem with OL XP too. I ended up using a third party tool, but I would rather not do that again if I can help it. Thanks, Scott Do you have the stop processing add...

Adv. Filter
When you use Advanced Filter to copy the outcome to another location, Excel would only let you copy to the same (active) worksheet. Is there a way to get around this and copy to another sheet? -- Maki @ Canberra.AU No, you will have to copy to the activesheet and then a seond copy of the data to the next sheet -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Maki" wrote: > When you use Advanced Filter to copy the outcome to another locat...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...