Cannot e-mail an Access report using Excel

When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out.
It worked with 2003 but not with 2007.  I searched everywhere for an answer
but no solution.  Does anyone know how to make this work?
0
mtnman (4)

You are very much in the wrong newsgroup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out.
> It worked with 2003 but not with 2007.  I searched everywhere for an answer
> but no solution.  Does anyone know how to make this work?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/26/2008 9:53:39 PM
Besides being in the wrong place, I seem to recall something about a known
omission and I think this could be it. I'm not having much luck finding what
I was looking for. Post your question in the Access newsgroup - the Access
MVPs are a top notch bunch of people.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed
> out.
> It worked with 2003 but not with 2007.  I searched everywhere for an
> answer
> but no solution.  Does anyone know how to make this work?

0
jl_paules (2767)
3/26/2008 10:04:15 PM

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Besides being in the wrong place, I seem to recall something about a known
> omission and I think this could be it. I'm not having much luck finding what
> I was looking for. Post your question in the Access newsgroup - the Access
> MVPs are a top notch bunch of people.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed
> > out.
> > It worked with 2003 but not with 2007.  I searched everywhere for an
> > answer
> > but no solution.  Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks very much for the reply.  I thought I had the Access group but
apparently not.  I feel that Office 2007 is another premature release by
Microsoft and I have gone back and reinstalled Access 2003.
0
mtnman (4)

Direct parallel port access under windows XP for DOS applications
Hello, I will describe my problem, hoping that anyone can help with a solution. I am running an old DOS application. This application cannot be altered due to many reasons. This application uses an old HASP dongle. The hasp drivers for dos dongles does not work with this application. The only way I could make this application work, is by writing a code similar to UserPort, which changes the IO permission map for the calling process. My problem is that recently new display adapters drivers like ATI Radeon will not allow me change the TSS to enable direct port access for the 16Bit process. W...

Access/Excel 97 Macro Error -After Upgrading to Win2000 Pro
Hi i call Excel 97 from Access97 to perform a data export to Excel. since upgrading to Win2000, if the macro is ran as Administrator, then no problems..! when run by a user with only Domain User rights.. the macro still runs but it brings up the DNS Data Source screen... the user then must select MS Access driver from the list.... and enter 'Admin' in the user name... if this is done, the Excel sheet is created ok..! if not, the sheet is still created but with no data attached..!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Function LeadsToExcel...

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

sin function in Excel
Why doesn't the sin function in Excel give me the same result for sIn(2*pi()), sin(4*pi()), sin(6*pi()), etc? The values (aprox -2.4E-16, -4.90E-16, -7.35E-16) are all to be interpreted as 0 since Excel has a precision of 15 decimal places. This is not just an Excel problem, it arises from the way computer convert decimal values to binary (base 10 numbers to base 2 numbers) with a finite number of bytes. For more info read these: Floating-point arithmetic may give inaccurate results in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113/en-us (Complete) Tutorial to Understand IEEE Floating-P...

Crystal Reports add on to HR software
Hi All Here's the situation, i am currently working on a HR system, the report writer within the system is totally useless, and can not be used to write reports. Crystal reports has been provided, as a starting point i am trying to extract data from the system thorugh Crystal, I have connected to the file.ddf of the data ont eh system, and have to hand a dictionary containing what is held within the fields. My question is i have printed off basic reports within Crystal, however when i print the report it gives me mulitple records for memebers of staff, is there a formula or am i doing ...

Use arrows to navigate
I just got Excel 2003, and had a strange problem. The arrow keys no longer move the selection box; they scroll through the worksheet. Anybody know how to change this setting? I have looked in the help file, but could not figure it out. Matthew Any chance you hit the scroll lock on the keyboard? Just hit it again to toggle it off. Matthew wrote: > > I just got Excel 2003, and had a strange problem. > > The arrow keys no longer move the selection box; they scroll through the > worksheet. > > Anybody know how to change this setting? I have looked in the help fi...

Accessing default values in Integration Manager VBScripts
Does anyone know of a way to access the default values that are used in an integration? We are running inventory transactions into GP using IM. For the 'Document Number' field in the inventory transaction, we are using the 'Use Default' option which permits GP to assign a number to the transaction. However, we need to update a 3rd party table in the 'After Document' script that needs this number. Is there any way to find out what default value was actually assigned to this record? This doesn't work: docNum = DestinationFields("Document Number") After th...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

Using Outlook PST Backup Program w/User Accounts
I have downloaded and installed the pst backup program from Microsoft. I have two questions: 1. If I restore my backed up pst file from an external hard disk, will it write over the existing Outlook pst file? 2. When my spouse logs into her account, the "File>Backup" does not appear. How can I include the pst "Backup" in the other user account's File Menu? Thanks in advance -- Bones Heal - Pain Is Temporary - Chicks Dig Scars FirstReconUSMC, you wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2007 05:34:00 -0700: > 1. If I restore my backed up pst file from an external hard disk, ...

Access 2002 & 2000
I created an access databse for tracking events by employee. I have an assistant who is helping me input information which was working fine. I have Access 2002 and she has 2000, so I converted the DB to 2000. Yesterday, we found that some of the informaiton that I input is showing up on her side and that none of the information that she inputs is showing up on mine. This is the first time that this is happening. Any suggestions? We restared the DBs and the computers and let it sit overnight. On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:26:06 -0700, Hagan <Hagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Information from table to report.
I recently created a report using a query. The query draws its information from a table. One of the field in the table has a drop down box with the options "Yes" and "No". If the option "yes" is selected, it shows on the table and in the corresponding query. However, it does not appear in the report. There appears to be a blank in the report where the work "Yes" is meant to be. I tried deleting the field from the report and adding it again, anf i also tried moving it around on the report to make sure it was not hidden. But that did not help. What ...

How to get the trendline values in excel 03 direct into cells ?
In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By hiding values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and the gradient changes. How can the gradient values be transferred to a cell and as such be used in further analysis / equations ? "nygaard" <nygaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32008051-3C0B-4C84-8980-FFBAB8F46D7D@microsoft.com... > In regression analysis the gradient is used for further analysis. By > hiding > values (coloumns) the number of points in the trend analysis varies and > the > g...

Golf handicap using 4 of last 5 scores
I would like to set up a Excel spreadsheet for golf handicaps where it will use the 4 lowest scores of the last 5 entries. It must be able to work even if there are missed entries (someone didn't show up/blanks ignored). I would like it to work if there are only three scores used at the beginning of the season, but when there are 5 or more scores, use only the 4 lowest scores out of the last 5. I want it to average these scores. The scores would start in column d. The following is an example of scores with an underscore being a blank: Golfer 1 45,50,42,43,46,37,45,45,46,44 Golf...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

Headings in Excel
How do you set the margins for headings? I want them to be the same as my spreadsheet but have not found a way. Hi AFAIK there's no way to set these margins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lori at Columbia wrote: > How do you set the margins for headings? I want them to > be the same as my spreadsheet but have not found a way. I'm presently at an XL2k machine, and in <File> <PageSetup> <Margins> tab, There are six boxes available for setting margins. Four for the sheet: Top, Bottom, Left and Right, AND ONE EACH for header and footer. Is that wh...

SQL Server Connection Problem Error when using Org Mass Assign
I am trying to assign accounts based on a segment and I'm getting the following error" A SQL Server connection problem has occurred. Please try your operation again when the server is less busy. It worked on the other segments. Has anyone seen this? Thanks ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...