Cannot copy/paste in tables

I have been using publisher for years, and have used this
same version (Publisher 2000) for three years.  I work
with a lot of tables and I have been able to highlight an
entire cell (or several cells) and copy and paste them
somewhere else in the table.

Suddenly (perhaps after one of the many "upgrades" from
Microsoft), I am unable to do this.  I have a monthly
project where I have to copy/move information from one
cell to another continually, so to suddenly not be able to
do this is very frustrating.  Anyone know of a reason, or
better yet, a solution to this problem?

If I copy only the text in one cell, I can drag or paste
that text into another.  But if I highlight the entire
cell (just one or several) I am not able to paste it/them
anywhere else in the table, whether I use paste or paste
special.

anonymous (74725)

Microsoft decided for you, you no longer needed that option.

Who do you think you are questioning Microsoft's decisions made for you in
your interest.

There are some strange people around <shaking head in disbelief at some
people>

Yes, I agree it was a highly useful feature and should never have been
changed.
It was first acknowledged as a bug that was going to be fixed, then it was
changed into being a 'feature'!!!

--

The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1942)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

Need value to show from a different table...
I have a form that has a data source of qry_login.I want to display a value from a table qry_SQLConnect called "SQLServerDB"I used the expression builder and came up with this, =qry_SQLConnect.SQLServerDB, but when I view the form I just get #Name?Can I have the form based on one source and a test box display a value from a different source?Any help would be appreciated!!!Kelvin Use the DLookup function:=DLookup("SQLServerDB", "qry_SQLConnect")-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no private e-mails, please)"Kelvin Beaton" <kelvi...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

subtotal copy and paste

create calculated field for age in pivot tables
I need to create a calculated field for Age from the birth date within a Pivot Table (Excel Office 2007). I can not create age in the data set because it is pulling directly from a data source. I tried just using the formula =INT((TODAY()- Birthday)/365.25) but received an error. Hi That won't work because you cannot use NOW() or TODAY() in PT Calculated fields or items. I think the only way you can do it (approximately) if you cannot add a field to your source data, would be to make a calculated field with the formula =2010-Year(Birthday) -- Regards Roger G...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Pivot Table Update?
I have an existing pivot table that works OK - but I want it to recognise and automatically update when a new line of data is input - how can I do this? -- ajames ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ajames's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514328 Use a dynamic range name--one that grows and contracts with your data. See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Then all you'll hav...

Strange Icon
I have noticed a strange picture/icon (Can't paste it here) A small icon with a Blue J and a yellow background. I can identify it or it's purpose. Anyone know what it is? What it does? Thank and Seasons Greeting! What version of Excel are you using? Where/when does the icon appear? HW wrote: > I have noticed a strange picture/icon (Can't paste it here) A small icon > with a Blue J and a yellow background. I can identify it or it's purpose. > > Anyone know what it is? What it does? > > Thank and Seasons Greeting! -- Debra...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

Unwanted arrows when "Format As Table"
When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. >When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table >style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally >unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks. Here is a before/after pic to show what a distraction the header arrows are. http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8017/excelba2.jpg Now I understand what the issue is....

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...