Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2

I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word
and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I
read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have
been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my
hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this?
0
Fabman (10)

Yes, you've said that already.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word
> and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I
> thought I
> read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh
> have
> been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my
> hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this?

0
jl_paules (2767)
10/7/2006 10:18:32 PM
You do know what Beta software is doncha?

"Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word
| and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I
thought I
| read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh
have
| been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my
| hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this?

0
webmaster911 (1600)

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

MDBDATA files
Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\ I have a lot of files beginning with E000001-E0000F07 using 25GB of disk space. Yes I need to free up some disk space. I have read article Q151214 but Im not sure if it is ok to delete because I don't see the other log files that are mentioned. Like (Edb.log),(Edb00000.log), (Dlv.log),(Snd.log),(Dlvxxxx.log) or (Sndxxxx.log). If you have any information that may help please email me. Thanks, Donnie Does your backup not work? How about running an Exchange aware backup which will clear the logs for you? "DBraswell (MDBDATA) @2si.com" <anonymous@dis...

input a comma after 2 digits
Beginner here! i have for example this column in Access '439965' '23112' and I want to put a comma after the first 2 digits and look like this. I dont mind creating a new column '43,9965' '23,112' Alex Bear in mind that the number 439965 needs its comma after 3 digits, where 23112 needs a comma after 2 ... Now, if those aren't really NUMBERS (things you do math on), but just characters that happen to be digits, that's a different matter. You can check Access HELP for the use of the Left() and Mid() functions to grab the first two charac...

possible to show an XML file using CHTML?
I have a XML file, and it uses XSL to parse it to HTML. That XSL file also contains javascript. I just want to know if CHTML would be able to display the XML file and parse it usign XSL just like internet explorer does? Is CHTML basically an "IE plugin" that we use in MFC? If so then I'd assume it would work. I just want to make sure.... You can use CHtmlView to display it. Or you can use the IWebBrowser control. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/simplebrowserformfc.asp AliR. "Kourosh" <kderakhshan@msn.com> wrote in message news:1147717929.593067.319000@v4...

Files and Folders in C:\Windows
I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$ C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835732$ 2) There are numerous files and folders in the 'C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\' directory with long alphanumeric names ( examples are shown below) C:...

I get a file in use message telling me that the file is locked ?
This is a one user computer and the file is not being used. The box containing the error message says "FILE IN USE". If I reboot I can get into the file once only before having the same error message. I have tried saving the file under a different file name but that file acts the same. I have checked permisions and that is not the problem either .....HELP! ...

can't open file #2
I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files to disk. Just got a new Vista computer. I installed the publisher 2000 on the new computer. The disk shows the files but publisher says it cannot open them. Any hints? thanks -- joy artisan lampwork beads and jewelry http://wildorchidpotteryandart.com Try copying the saved files from the disk to the hard drive on your new computer and opening them from there. Bruce "wildorchid" wrote: > I created publisher 2000 files on a windows98 SE COMPUTER. I saved the files > to disk. Just got a new Vis...

Migrate PST file
re: Outlook 2003 I realize the topic has probably been covered ad nausium but I still can't find out how to solve this problem. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. I have just bought a new computer (Vista) I installed Office 2003. I chose File/Open/Outlook Data File and pointed to the pst file that was on the old computer. Outlook imported everything into a separate "Personal Folders" list. I want the information all in the main Personal Folders. How do I do this? Also because I've been transferring the old pst folder to the new computer I ...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

File:// Linking...
Why is it that when you link something in Outlook with file:// when clicking on the link it returns the error Outlook 2000: "Cannot find the file 'file://Q:\blahblahblah' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." Outlook 2003 "Cannot find the file "Q:\blahblahblah'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." It used to work before any service releases to Outlook 2000 were applied. There are typically no spaces in the filename and if they are I usually replace th...

View Webpage

How to add a configuration file to a MFC project?
hi, I want to add a configuration file to a MFC project ,how an i get that? and I have a command like the following line: copy app.config $(ConfigurationName)\$(TargetFileName).config Where do I need to put? Any ideas would be appreciated! -ja Yes, I already know how to do it,thanks a lot! -ja "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> д����Ϣ����:%23ymi%23P%23yGHA.4176@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What does it mean? Do you want to perform copying as part of build > process? > In VS, you can do so in Pre-Build, Pre-Link and Post-Build steps. You can > specify the...

Cannot see public Folders #2
I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 and unable to view the Public Folders, can anyone specify what all rights need to be given in order that I can view the Public Folders. Thanks and Regards, Rajitha. ...

Emailing a worksheet #2
Using Excel 2003, every time I email a worksheet (by clicking on the "Email" icon ) the receipant losses all the formating and makes it impossible to decifer. I want the receipant, who may not have Excel loaded, to see the actual worksheet (including lines/boxes) in the body of the email itself. Is there any way? Thanks, Craig ...

Forms in two differant views

[ANN] Office 2004 update 11.2.3
Hi All, The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-) http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru e Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app. The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the page I cited are rather extensive, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ...

Default dictionary #2
I use Outlook at work and I have set the default dictionary to English UK but invariably it reverts to English USA and I have to manually make it UK again. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do to make it stay as UK. The default editor is Word and I wonder if that is the problem as in there is a setting for Default Language but that seems to still hold USA instead of UK so I think this is where my problem lies. I don't have the same problem on my laptop at home, the default for Word stays as UK but I use OE for email. -- Lynn Please remove spamtrap if replyi...

Forcing a view to be the active view

OL98 start up view

restrict file sync
Using Windows Home Server with an HP MediaServer and I've got two minor problems: 1. The Server Console says I need to update the HP media collector software on the client side but the client seems up to day (all HP updates are done) 2. I want to restrict the Media Collector to a certain file (F:/pictures) but it will only specify which drives to sync (e.g. all of F:). I can't seem to expand the drop menu in the mediacollector window beyond the root directory. Any ideas? Hi, this is the media center newsgroup, not the media collector group. You need to repost in an H...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...