Can't update Publisher in Office 2000 CD2

I have kept Office 2000 Professional CD1 updated, now to SP3. Recently
installed CD2 in order to use Publisher. Tried to update to SR1a as first
step to updating to SP3. The file o2ksr1a.exe initiates the Office 2000 SR-1
CD2 update. After some time, I receive the error message 'Microsoft Office
2000 SR-1 Update could not download the Office 2000 SR-1 CD2 update.'

How else can I update?
And if I cannot do so, what is the most serious shortcoming?
0
BaldEagle (3)

OFF2000: Setup of Second Office 2000 CD, Does Not Remember Previous CD's Installation
Path
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;217674

You might have to do a installer cleanup.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"BaldEagle" <BaldEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have kept Office 2000 Professional CD1 updated, now to SP3. Recently
> installed CD2 in order to use Publisher. Tried to update to SR1a as first
> step to updating to SP3. The file o2ksr1a.exe initiates the Office 2000 SR-1
> CD2 update. After some time, I receive the error message 'Microsoft Office
> 2000 SR-1 Update could not download the Office 2000 SR-1 CD2 update.'
>
> How else can I update?
> And if I cannot do so, what is the most serious shortcoming?

0
gsauer (5093)

Make "Outlook Today" update appointment instance, not the series?
When I click on a recurring appointment entry in "Outlook Today" view, it updates the series. Is there any way to get it to update just that day's instance, without going to the calendar, double-clicking the appointment, then selecting the "update this instance" radio-button? No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9CDC42BE-E069-4F6D-96D2-46B1B775B4B4@microsoft.com, aveit wrote: > When I click on a recurring appointmen...

Out of Office with default forwarding
I have a client running SBS 2003. Some of their staff have all their mail forwarded to an external mail account, but still want to enable the Out of Office Assistant when on leave. For some of these users with forwarded mail boxes the assistant works correctly, for other it will not work at all. I have compared the settings of users that it works for against those that it doesn't and can find no differences. Its almost as if for some users the forwarding rule executes before the Out of Office rule, for others the sequence is reversed. Any way of controlling this to make sure the Out...

Undoing LINKS in Excel 2000
I am Using Excel 2000 and I have a worksheet that is LINKED to data in a completely seperate workbook that was deleted weeks ago. I still get the annoying boxes that say "file not found." How do I UNDO the links that still exist to this files that was deleted? Hi use the following addin to find these links: goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jayceejay" <jayceejay@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:929ED98...

Why is my print preview only in black and white in Publisher?
My color applications are appearing black and white in Print Preview. I don't think it's the printer settings because other programs still do print preview in color. I'm going to play mind reader. You are using Pub 2007 and you have an HP inkjet printer as your default printer. How am I doing so far? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEDB0B40-2B13-48E9-8310-ED939A171DE9@microsoft.com... > My color application...

How do I create internal links in Microsoft Publisher
I am slightly confused here and if someone could help me, I would surely appreciate it. I created a webpage consisting of a navigating buttons at the top of the page; How do I make the buttons links to sections within the document (creating internal links)? Reference: Bookmarks aka Hyperlinking to a place on a page http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/09/81265.aspx In the future I would encourage you to post your web questions to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "nobek" <nobek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46527DFD-5BCC-48D7-8...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

tzmove not finding appointments to update
and yet there are literally over 100 appointments to update in one mailbox alone. at this site, for several users, tzmove is finding no appointments to update. all patches have been loaded on all computers. the server (2000) has been updated to reflect the proper start and stop dates for the new dst rules and the server and workstations all show the proper time/time zone. these are not recurring appointments nor are they in public folders; they are individual mailboxes from an exchange 2003. we did not do the push from exchange and instead chose to have everyone just use tzmove. for most...

Lost addresses when converted from office to outlook
My computer came with a free 90 day preview of office. I put all my email addresses into it. When the office subscript ended, I was automatically converted to Outlook Express 6.0. However, none of my email address came with it. How do I transfer my email addresses from my former Offfice to my new Outlook Express? You can't. You would have to export them to a format OE can use, such as CSV. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28f8a01c464f5$df4cbd50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My computer came with a free 9...

Outlook 2000 #148
I have a user who cannot access the "customize" button in Outlook Today. When you click on it, nothing happens, has anyone ever seen this? Thanks. ~Amy ...

Publisher installation problem
I'm trying to upgrade my Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003. Early in the install process I'm told that my "m4561403.cab" file is missing and would I like to browse for it. When I try to browse it locks up!! I got into dos and looked for the file, and it's on the cd!! I can't get "my computer" nor "windows explorer" to search the cd. PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPP!!! Kris - Which version of Windows are you using? You mention DOS but there is no DOS in Windows XPor 2000. (There is a DOS emulator - not quite the same thing.) Pub 2003 REQUIRES XP or...

does publisher allow you to make door knob flyers
I need to know if microsoft publisher allow you or helps you create the flyers that go on doors Mary Sauer has a great website with many helpful templates, suggestions and projects including one for door hangers. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Go to the bottom of the page then just above a picture of George Washington is the door hanger file. "askaboutit" <askaboutit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123F04E4-91AF-47BC-98A0-FA4EA91864DB@microsoft.com... >I need to know if microsoft publisher allow you or helps you create the > ...

Office 2007 viewers for Mac
I am increasingly getting docx, xlsx and pptx files from colleagues but can't of course read them on the Mac. I read in the interview with the head of the MacBU @ Microsoft that viewers were coming but I haven't found anything since. Does anyone know any more? I believe most everyone expected to se the converters by now, but I'm afraid you know as much as any of us. The Mactopia site is the place to check periodically - I'm certain they will be posted for d/l there as soon as they are available. In the meantime the only option is to have the user re-send in 97-2003 for...

Calendar updating
Can a monthly calendar be easily updated from 2009-2010 to 2010-2011 with all the information and graphics transferred intact to the new calendar? If so, please advise how to do this! -- Thanks, Pat ...

McAfee users beware of TODAYS update
Nothing like deleting Windows system files to start your day... http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=2003&tag=nl.e589 Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. "Terry R." <F1Com@NOSPAMpobox.com> wrote in message news:u8R$7Da4KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Nothing like deleting Windows system files to start your day... > http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=2003&tag=nl.e589 > > Terry R. > -- > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. > Delete NOS...

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

how to obtain unreleased office hot fixes
Does anyone know what the procedure for requesting Office 2003 hot fixes that are not yet available through the office update site? Thanks in advance. Roy Roy Do you have a particular fix in mind? I think they will be released to WU within days of completion, so, apart from affected external vendors, I would doubt there are pre-releases -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS <roybrew@att.net> wrote in message news:1115659768.839771.148710@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know what the procedure for re...

[ANN] Office 12.0.1 Updater Now Available via AutoUpdte
In case there are some who don't have the AutoUpdate set to check automatically, the new 12.0.1 updater is now in place. I just applied it myself & all appears to have gone as expected thus far. All apps About screen reflect the 12.0.1 nomenclature. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac In article <C401198A.35E35%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net>, CyberTaz <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote: > In case there are some who don't have the AutoUpdate set to check > automatically, the new 12.0.1 updater is now in place. I just applied it > myself & all ...

How do you convert an add-in from acc 2000 to acc 2007?
We have a bunch of access add-ins that we created in acc 2000. Trying to upgrade to acc 2007 but we can't seem to get the add-ins to work. Is there a equivalent to the USYSREGINFO? We can't even find the table (or any system tables) when we open the original myaddin.mda in acc 2007. If there is a different way to register it, anyone know how? We were able to find the add-in manager and add the add-in. Could not edit the path where the add-in shuold be copied because we couldn't update the USYSREGINFO. Any help, pointers, guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. Z. Comments ...

Watch that important update from MS
--xflbwxeum Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="edcyayzhmxwehhm"; type="multipart/alternative" --edcyayzhmxwehhm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zqoktpxnciql" --zqoktpxnciql Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2009, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

Link update window opens on opening a linked Excel file
I have recently transferred my Office 97 applications to a new computer running under XP. Since the transfer, whenever I open a file which has links to another file, a window opens saying:"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook? To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." The Automatic link update radio button accessed via Edit/Links is set (and the Manual radio button is greyed out). I have removed and then ...

After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
Using Vista Office 2007 and did som recent updates. Now when i send emails with pictures from my computer, they are coming through as .dat files? I go to my webmail and that's how they are being received from my webmail provider. Called them and they're not aware of any fixes or if it's related to Microsoft updates. Any suggestions? You are using RTF message format. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

missing close box in excel 2000
On the top of the screen in Excel there is usually a minimize, a maximize, and a close box. These are all missing. How can I restore them? As far as I know nothing was done to remove them, they just went away. The computer is running Win98SE -- dmtech ...

Office 2004 #7
Hello, Does Office 2004 for Mac have anything that is equal to the Microsoft Office Access database? If so...where might I find it, and if not any suggestions? Thanks, Faith ...

Latest Money 2005 update #2
Since money downloaded and installed the latest update my "My Money" file has been corrupted. Now when Money starts, entries in my accounts are duplicated and/or in triplicate. I had a back up saved of "My Money" which i reverted to, but when opened in Money a conversion process was gone through and the same happened. I uninstalled money, reinstalled it, got the latest updates again (no choice) and the same thing happens. My current account is showing -£19k. Any one else have this?? Have answered my own problem. When Money was syncronising with money on the web i...

Help, please: to remove Outlook 2000 ?
Help, please... On a pretty good Win XP PC, I need to upgrade from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I installed Outlook and it imported all the folders/messages/identities from OE6. Outlook 2000 starts up, and all seems fine, and I'm looking at the new message that it created... "Welcome to Outlook 2000". If I try to view any other message, it locks up. I see the perpetual hourglass. It's dead. I want to Remove it, then re-install it. How do I remove it? I went to Control Panel, Add or remove programs... it's not there. Add/remove Windows components... it'...