Can't seem to anchor text to size w/the object when I make it smal

I have created an object using different objects including text.  I can
select all, copy it to another format, and size it down in one piece, but the
text does not size down.
Hplease!
0
Gwenie (1)

Select the text, format, autofit text, shrink text on overflow.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Gwenie" <Gwenie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created an object using different objects including text.  I can
> select all, copy it to another format, and size it down in one piece, but the
> text does not size down.
> Hplease!

0
gsauer (5094)

Exce; - Urgent
Hi, Please can someone help me (and a few others by the looks of it) wit an error I keep receiving. I have followed all the instructions in th Course booking Example for creating a user form, but when it comes t assigning the macro, it doesnt work. I then get the Run-time Error 424, Object undefined? Please could someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks Andre Attachment filename: testa.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=54132 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ajw150 Check your form name Sub ...

Getting answers to questions...seems impossible
I have been interesting in using POS, but I am beginning to become concerned. I have just one question in getting started. I expect to plan 2 lanes of POS. I expect I need to buy 2 copies, but I do not see any info on what else I need to configure this. Do I need a server? Would POS come with server software? Or should I consider one lane to be a workstation that is also the database for the store? I called MS with this question. They gave my a number and asked me to call Best Buy. That seemed odd. The rep at Best Buy felt the same way. He looked through waht he had and told m...

Nonadjacent Cell Text Overflow
Is there a way to merge nonadjacent cells for text overflow. What I' trying to do is have text entered into a row of merged cells(e.g. Row A1:F1) but if the text is more than the cells can contain to overflo into another nonadjacent row of merged cells(Row3 A1:F1). Thanks fo any help with this -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27498 ...

text overrun to multirow, not wrap
in Excel 2002, change text overrun in a single cell to multiple rows without wrapping Hi goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Word wrap' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "RusH" <RusH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:722459D3-0785-4658-83B7-A1AE1D54C699@microsoft.com... > in Excel 2002, change text overrun in a single cell to multiple rows without > wrapping After you enter your string in one cell, you can select that cell Edit|fill|justify (make enough empty cells below!) RusH wrote: > > in Excel 2002,...

sorting of text
I have two data sets, 4 columns each. The data I need to sort is in this format-3D9.1234FGR444. I need to be able to get a list of matches between the two data sets. Sounds easy, but I haven't found the correct way of asking. what format do you need the list in? one method would be to set a fourth data set if you have Columns A:D and F:I as your data sets in K1 enter =if(Countif($F:$I,A1)>0,A1,"") and copy down and over to column N at the last data row Select K:O copy and paste special values on top of K:O Sort each column K through O individually and move the data to...

How can I get text to equal a numerical value in Excel?
I am developing a scheduling program for my workplace. The program will automatically calculate total time scheduled based on times entered (i.e., 8:00AM start time in one cell, 5:00PM end time in the next cell calculates to 9 hours in a third cell). However, we need to indicate days off, vacations and leaves of absences. When we enter text into the first cell, it obviously destroys the calculation in the third cell. I need to be able to have Excel assign a value of "0" for any cell that has text. Thanks, Mike Mike, I fixed similar problems in my files by using the if &am...

Formula for taking text out of column B and placing it into column
I am using Excel 2007- I have hundreds of products (2 listed below: TU10 & TU12) The products have a 'VariantInventoryItemNumber' such as the 2 items below. I need to take all of the text before the ' - ' sign and place that in column A as illustrated below. ItemNumber VariantInventoryItemNumber TU10 TU10-10 TU10 TU10-10.5 TU10 TU10-11 TU10 TU10-11.5 TU10 TU10-12 TU10 TU10-12.5 TU10 TU10-13 TU10 TU10-6 TU10 TU10-6.5 TU10 TU10-7 TU10 TU10-7.5 TU10 TU10-8 TU10 TU10-8.5 TU10 TU10-9 TU10 TU10-9.5 TU12 TU12-10 TU12 TU12-10.5 TU12 TU12-11 TU12 TU...

i need to make a formula that adds up my hours after my 40 hours
for example i put my hours daily but i need to have a formula that tells me how many hours over time do i have after my 40 so the table automatic tells me how much more money do i earned that week example that i had already done b7-40*30.00 enter it works but not until i make 40 hours please help me if you can thank you Try changing your formula to =IF(B7>40,B7-40*30,"") The cell will be blank until you work more than 40 hours. Hi, Try: IF(B7>40,B7-40*30,"") HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinma...

Watermark text in Excel?
Is there a way to place water marked text onto a worksheet in Excel? If so, could someone please tell me how it is done? Thanks, glenraye -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I found this in a previous post about watermark. Check them out. http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to place water marked text onto a worksheet in Excel? >If so, could someone please tell me how it is done? > >Thanks, >glenrayel > > >--- >Mes...

default font size for mails
I have been fighting with the new (and rather confusing) styles feature and have failed to manage a simple task: To make the body text size 10 point my default font for emails. How do I achieve this? Assuming that you are running Microsoft Outlook 2003, see Tools > Options > Mail Format tab > Fonts button. Note: Mileage may vary if you are using stationery "franco" <nospam@nomail.com> wrote in message news:%23BxTQq6EHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have been fighting with the new (and rather confusing) styles feature and > have failed to manage a simple...

how to modify the status of objects in richedit control
REOBJECT reobj = {0}; we can use interface :m_lpRichEditOle->GetObject(0,&reobj,0) to get the property of a object. if we modify the property (exp:reobj.dwFlags=0), how to update it to richedit control. ...

Access VBA Object Reference
The problem that I am having is that some computers in our office have office xp and others have office 2003. I made and access database that has a bunch of vb behind it in office 2003. When I got to run it in office xp it blows up. Under the references tab it says that it is MISSING:Excel 11.0 Object Reference Library. Is there a way to use that library under office xp. Thanks in advance. Chris Excel11.0 Object Library means Excel2003. The same library for OfficeXP is 10.0. If you want to have your access application to work with multple version of MS Office, then you need to devel...

Microsoft SMTP Servers May Seem to Accept and Relay E-Mail
Hello We have seen the posts referenced in several other posts relating to relaying especially in E5.5 Please review 304897 XIMS: Microsoft SMTP Servers May Seem to Accept and Relay E-Mail - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304897 is this what everyone is seeing? Hope this helps clear some misconceptions regarding the perceived issue. If it does not, reply and be as specific as you can with your configurations, testing and the results so we may look into the specifics again. Our initial efforts have been unsuccessful in reproducing the reported issue on Exchange 5.5. Thank you. -- Ted C...

Formula to format selective part in a text
Hi all, In MS Excel, in th below formula what additional formula do I add to make selective text in different formats (ex. bold)? Ex: ="Mission 1 Start Date: "&text(A1,"DD-MMM-YYYY") In the result I want only the date part of the result text to be in bold letters. Thanks in advance. No can do in a FORMULA. You must convert to a string -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Gladiator" <Gladiator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E825FD9-C276-43CF-BFB4-A7F3D6FB932E@microsoft.com.....

Text disappears when grouping
LS. Im working for a big company which asked me to make a new bulletin, so after series of tests I found out that making a webpage in publisher 2003 was the easiest ways to reach the targets. I am stuck now with the following problems: I made the layout in a table which was not steady when publishing, so now Im switching everything to text boxes. But when I link these text boxes together, to prevent them from moving around the screen when uploading, the text disappears when publishing. So Im looking for - easy edible text areas - steady layout Does Anyone (anyone at all) have any ideas how...

Font and size help
In Excel 2007, I am updating a worksheet developed by someone else. I can't get a column of email addresses to display times new roman, 12. I have reset the page default, I have formatted just the column containing the email addresses and nothing seems to work. After entering an email address, it appears as ms sans serif, 10 with an underline (ie link address) I then change the individual cell to times ne roman, 12 and it is properly retained. Help appreciated. thanks Hi. This is due to your autocorrect options in Excel. To stop Excel taking over your formatting try the following:...

Everything Seems Lost
Greetings all... I went to logon to Outlook and it prompted me with the 'Do you Want to Create Account' message normally received after a new install... I ignored it and went into Outlook and everything seems to be lost... Contacts, calender, inbox, sent items, etc. Anyone have any thoughts and/or ideas on how I can check to see if my information is still 'alive' and how I can retrieve it? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

amend text in help file
From support log 8401771 In PL transaction entry window, they are entering an invoice with a mix of standard-rated and zero-rated VAT amounts. Great Plains automatically calculates the VAT, so they over-ride this value. This opens the payables tax entry screen. There is a column called Gross Amount - this column name is misleading, as it should say total purchases. The help on this field offers This field may be called Total purchases or total gross amount, depending on the country/region that was selected during installation. Please amend the above text to explain what country/region ...

CSV file with a predefined text length
Hi All, I need to covert excel file to text file (.csv or tab format) with a predefined text length. So if in excel file there is a text "Commercial Bank" in column A, and "Avenue 11" in column B, normally if i do export to .csv file the result will become: Commercial Bank;Avenue 11 However I need to insert blank character automatically during the file is converted to .csv file so the result becomes: Commercial Bank ;Avenue 11 Anyone can help me on this trick.... THANKS.... Sjt ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http...

Counting text?
Hi Guys If i have a column in excel with text in it. Either "pass" or "fail", how can i count the number of entries? Is there a formula to do this? cheers :confused: -- mower racer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mower racer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547799 use countif(): =COUNTIF($A:$A,C1) where C1 contains pass. -- Gary's Student "mower racer" wrote: > > Hi Guys > > ...

Excel and entering text in cells
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br> I need to use excel in the following way. I'll have two columns (say A and B) Column A will contain only text, but can contain quite a bit of text. I hav noticed that if I format the cells in A to use &quot;text&quot; the cells will only display about 300 characters before I get the #####. However if I set the format to &quot;General&quot; the cell will dipslay much more text, however, regardless of the size of the cell at a certain point the cell does not display all text unle...

number range returning a text value
Hi, I would like to be able to return a specific text when a number is added to a column. For example, if a number is inputted and it falls within the range "1-5", then the text field "low" is returned. If however "6" is inputted, the result would give the text "Medium", and if "10" is inputted, the returning text field is "High" Thanks for any help Jason Try: =IF(A1<6,"Low",IF(A1>9,"High","Medium")) George Gee "jason" <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How can I make a Voucher
Can Some one help me by giving me a lesson, a step by step on making a gift certificates by by using voucher, and how to redeeming the gift certificates. I try hundred's of time by using help button and it not helping. <a href="<=======}==O"><=======}==O</a> ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 39562 messages and counting! ##----------...

incoming emails are text only, why no pictures?
When receiving emails they are text only. I used to have the pictures automatically download. I have made sure I am set for automatic downloads in the trust center. "stubey" <stubey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBD75673-0BD7-4B57-B0BA-217C01A1F301@microsoft.com... > When receiving emails they are text only. I used to have the pictures > automatically download. I have made sure I am set for automatic downloads in > the trust center. Have you enabled the option to read everything in Plain Text? If not, do you scan incoming messages ...

2006 seems nice...
....and I say this with a certain degree of trepidation after my experience with '05. I just installed Money '06 since I got it for free (mail in rebate yet to be sent, but Microsoft has been good about their rebates) with Tax software. I chose my desktop to try it out first. I use Money '04 on my laptop but didn't want to upgrade that just yet. So I just spent about 15-20 minutes with the new version and decided to share my thoughts. Couple of things that put me off of using 05 have been taken care of in 06. So, it seems someone is listening. Clutter is reduced and onlin...