Can't read email

Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It shows
up as imagejpg

--
Mark

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microsoft.public.publisher
0
mmmul (8)

Are you saing that you get an attachment? Have you checked your Outlook
settings?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It
> shows
> up as imagejpg
>
> --
> Mark
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
jl_paules (2767)
2/24/2009 12:58:48 AM
In Publisher go to Tools > Options > Web tab and uncheck the option to send
as a JPG.

DavidF

"muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It
> shows
> up as imagejpg
>
> --
> Mark
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
Nope8657 (939)
2/24/2009 2:53:20 AM
I think also it might be a setting in outlook because I can read it in the
body of the email on my web email but when it downloads to outlook it changes
to all these individual jpg images. Do you have any idea where those settings
are in outlook 2007?  Thanks!
--
Mark

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Are you saing that you get an attachment? Have you checked your Outlook
> settings?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It
> > shows
> > up as imagejpg
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
mmmul (8)
2/24/2009 2:09:01 PM
Thanks, I tried it but it didn't make a difference.
--
Mark

"DavidF" wrote:

> In Publisher go to Tools > Options > Web tab and uncheck the option to send
> as a JPG.
>
> DavidF
>
> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It
> > shows
> > up as imagejpg
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
mmmul (8)
2/24/2009 2:28:05 PM
That is because you incorrectly described your problem. You said that your
message showed up as a "image jpg", but in your response to JoAnn you say
that it is multiple jpgs. That is caused by incorrect formatting, such as
using non web friendly fonts.

Read the tips about formatting in the following article to avoid having your
text and other design elements converted to jpgs:

Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message
(2003):
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033

Ultimately if you want the recipient to see exactly what you want them to
see each time, then convert your publication to a pdf file and attach it.

DavidF

> Thanks, I tried it but it didn't make a difference.
> --
> Mark
>

> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> In Publisher go to Tools > Options > Web tab and uncheck the option to
>> send
>> as a JPG.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Why can't I read email send from publisher 2007 with outlook 2007? It
>> > shows
>> > up as imagejpg
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mark
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0aa50d6b-100c-4567-bc76-f5e436fc70c7&dg=microsoft.public.publisher

0
Nope8657 (939)
2/24/2009 3:14:43 PM
It doesn't even work if I use a flyer templet in Publisher 2007 without
adding any of my photos or text. It still come through as multiple jpgs. My
daughter has outlook 2003 and she can read and see it just find, but others
in the office that I updated to Office 2007 have the same problem. I don't
know if it's a office 2007 problem or just a setting I'm missing.

Thanks
--
Mark

"DavidF" wrote:

> That is because you incorrectly described your problem. You said that your
> message showed up as a "image jpg", but in your response to JoAnn you say
> that it is multiple jpgs. That is caused by incorrect formatting, such as
> using non web friendly fonts.
>
> Read the tips about formatting in the following article to avoid having your
> text and other design elements converted to jpgs:
>
> Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message
> (2003):
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
>
> Ultimately if you want the recipient to see exactly what you want them to
> see each time, then convert your publication to a pdf file and attach it.
>
> DavidF
>
> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, I tried it but it didn't make a difference.
> > --
> > Mark
> >

> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> In Publisher go to Tools > Options > Web tab and uncheck the option to
> >> send
> >> as a JPG.
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>
> >> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
mmmul (8)
2/24/2009 3:33:01 PM
If you are sending the email as HTML; most folks have HTML emails disabled. Your
images will arrive as attachments. As David suggested a PDF is the best
solution.
Microsoft has a download for save as PDF add-in.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> It doesn't even work if I use a flyer templet in Publisher 2007 without
> adding any of my photos or text. It still come through as multiple jpgs. My
> daughter has outlook 2003 and she can read and see it just find, but others
> in the office that I updated to Office 2007 have the same problem. I don't
> know if it's a office 2007 problem or just a setting I'm missing.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Mark
>

> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> That is because you incorrectly described your problem. You said that your
>> message showed up as a "image jpg", but in your response to JoAnn you say
>> that it is multiple jpgs. That is caused by incorrect formatting, such as
>> using non web friendly fonts.
>>
>> Read the tips about formatting in the following article to avoid having your
>> text and other design elements converted to jpgs:
>>
>> Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message
>> (2003):
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
>>
>> Ultimately if you want the recipient to see exactly what you want them to
>> see each time, then convert your publication to a pdf file and attach it.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, I tried it but it didn't make a difference.
>> > --
>> > Mark

0
mary.sauer (2018)
2/24/2009 4:52:07 PM
It does work if I send it as a pdf. But why does publisher 2007 have the
option to "send as message" if you can't read  or see it with Outlook 2007?
--
Mark

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you are sending the email as HTML; most folks have HTML emails disabled. Your
> images will arrive as attachments. As David suggested a PDF is the best
> solution.
> Microsoft has a download for save as PDF add-in.
> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > It doesn't even work if I use a flyer templet in Publisher 2007 without
> > adding any of my photos or text. It still come through as multiple jpgs. My
> > daughter has outlook 2003 and she can read and see it just find, but others
> > in the office that I updated to Office 2007 have the same problem. I don't
> > know if it's a office 2007 problem or just a setting I'm missing.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Mark
> >

> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> That is because you incorrectly described your problem. You said that your
> >> message showed up as a "image jpg", but in your response to JoAnn you say
> >> that it is multiple jpgs. That is caused by incorrect formatting, such as
> >> using non web friendly fonts.
> >>
> >> Read the tips about formatting in the following article to avoid having your
> >> text and other design elements converted to jpgs:
> >>
> >> Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message
> >> (2003):
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
> >>
> >> Ultimately if you want the recipient to see exactly what you want them to
> >> see each time, then convert your publication to a pdf file and attach it.
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>
> >> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
mmmul (8)
2/24/2009 5:50:01 PM
If you are saying that only the images in the publication are not visible,
and the rest is fine, and only in Outlook 2007, then yes, that is probably a
setting in Outlook.

While I will continue to respectfully disagree with Mary about her assertion
that most people have html disabled, I would concede that there are at least
some who have it disabled and won't be able to view your message. Perhaps
even more to the point, there are many different email clients and each
email client can render html formatted mail quite differently, and that is
the fundamental problem with sending html formatted messages in my view.

My email client is html enabled, but I have it set to not download images
unless I give permission. Outlook 2007 and 2003 are two different versions
of the same email client and 2007 is designed to be more secure by default.
Perhaps that is what is happening in your case. You are running up against
the real world problem of trying to design a html formatted message that
will always work in all email clients equally. You have no control over what
email client the recipient will use, or how they have it set up. If you keep
it very simple, then you can be successful...some times, but you will always
be successful if you send the message as a pdf attachment as most people do
have a pdf reader installed, and everyone will see your message exactly as
you intended.

Sending a html formatted message is a good idea in theory, but in practice
it is far from dependable. PDF files are an easier and more dependable
solution. At least that is my take on this...

DavidF

"muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It doesn't even work if I use a flyer templet in Publisher 2007 without
> adding any of my photos or text. It still come through as multiple jpgs.
> My
> daughter has outlook 2003 and she can read and see it just find, but
> others
> in the office that I updated to Office 2007 have the same problem. I don't
> know if it's a office 2007 problem or just a setting I'm missing.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Mark
>

> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> That is because you incorrectly described your problem. You said that
>> your
>> message showed up as a "image jpg", but in your response to JoAnn you say
>> that it is multiple jpgs. That is caused by incorrect formatting, such as
>> using non web friendly fonts.
>>
>> Read the tips about formatting in the following article to avoid having
>> your
>> text and other design elements converted to jpgs:
>>
>> Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail
>> message
>> (2003):
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
>>
>> Ultimately if you want the recipient to see exactly what you want them to
>> see each time, then convert your publication to a pdf file and attach it.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks, I tried it but it didn't make a difference.
>> > --
>> > Mark

0
Nope8657 (939)
2/25/2009 1:17:29 AM
It can...but you'll never control  your viewer's computer settings...so
sending html email will always be a problem.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> It does work if I send it as a pdf. But why does publisher 2007 have the
> option to "send as message" if you can't read  or see it with Outlook
> 2007?
> --
> Mark
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you are sending the email as HTML; most folks have HTML emails
>> disabled. Your
>> images will arrive as attachments. As David suggested a PDF is the best
>> solution.
>> Microsoft has a download for save as PDF add-in.
>> https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > It doesn't even work if I use a flyer templet in Publisher 2007 without
>> > adding any of my photos or text. It still come through as multiple
>> > jpgs. My
>> > daughter has outlook 2003 and she can read and see it just find, but
>> > others
>> > in the office that I updated to Office 2007 have the same problem. I
>> > don't
>> > know if it's a office 2007 problem or just a setting I'm missing.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Mark

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/25/2009 4:19:37 AM
The pdf works great, but now there is another problem. There are web links on
the page that don't work when made into a pdf......any solution for this?
--
Mark

"DavidF" wrote:

> [...]
> >

> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> That is because you incorrectly described your problem. You said that
> >> your
> >> message showed up as a "image jpg", but in your response to JoAnn you say
> >> that it is multiple jpgs. That is caused by incorrect formatting, such as
> >> using non web friendly fonts.
> >>
> >> Read the tips about formatting in the following article to avoid having
> >> your
> >> text and other design elements converted to jpgs:
> >>
> >> Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail
> >> message
> >> (2003):
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033
> >>
> >> Ultimately if you want the recipient to see exactly what you want them to
> >> see each time, then convert your publication to a pdf file and attach it.

2/25/2009 2:15:00 PM
This was a bug with the original PDF addin, but was fixed with Office 2007
SP1, if memory serves.

DavidF

> [...]
>> as
>> you intended.
>>
>> Sending a html formatted message is a good idea in theory, but in
>> practice
>> it is far from dependable. PDF files are an easier and more dependable
>> solution. At least that is my take on this...
>>
>> DavidF
>>

>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > It doesn't even work if I use a flyer templet in Publisher 2007 without
>> > adding any of my photos or text. It still come through as multiple
>> > jpgs.
>> > My
>> > daughter has outlook 2003 and she can read and see it just find, but
>> > others
>> > in the office that I updated to Office 2007 have the same problem. I
>> > don't
>> > know if it's a office 2007 problem or just a setting I'm missing.

2/25/2009 2:29:06 PM
-- I have Office 2007 with SP1

Mark

"DavidF" wrote:

> This was a bug with the original PDF addin, but was fixed with Office 2007
> SP1, if memory serves.
>
> DavidF
>
> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The pdf works great, but now there is another problem. There are web links
> > on
> > the page that don't work when made into a pdf......any solution for this?
> > --
> > Mark
> >

> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are saying that only the images in the publication are not
> >> visible,
> >> and the rest is fine, and only in Outlook 2007, then yes, that is
> >> probably a
> >> setting in Outlook.
> >>
> >> While I will continue to respectfully disagree with Mary about her
> >> assertion
> >> that most people have html disabled, I would concede that there are at
> >> least
> >> some who have it disabled and won't be able to view your message. Perhaps
> >> even more to the point, there are many different email clients and each
> >> email client can render html formatted mail quite differently, and that
> >> is
> >> the fundamental problem with sending html formatted messages in my view.
> >>
> >> My email client is html enabled, but I have it set to not download images
> >> unless I give permission. Outlook 2007 and 2003 are two different
> >> versions
> >> of the same email client and 2007 is designed to be more secure by
> >> default.
> >> Perhaps that is what is happening in your case. You are running up
> >> against
> >> the real world problem of trying to design a html formatted message that
> >> will always work in all email clients equally. You have no control over
> >> what
> >> email client the recipient will use, or how they have it set up. If you
> >> keep
> >> it very simple, then you can be successful...some times, but you will
> >> always
> >> be successful if you send the message as a pdf attachment as most people
> >> do
> >> have a pdf reader installed, and everyone will see your message exactly
> >> as
> >> you intended.
> >>
> >> Sending a html formatted message is a good idea in theory, but in
> >> practice
> >> it is far from dependable. PDF files are an easier and more dependable
> >> solution. At least that is my take on this...
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>

> >> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
mmmul (8)
2/25/2009 4:51:01 PM
OK, then that means we are back to a formatting problem that is killing the
link. I am assuming that when you say the links don't work that you cannot
click on them and get a browser page to open, correct? That the link is
simply dead, correct?

I would first try an experiment. Insert a new text box at the bottom of the
page of your publication and put some text in it. Use a web friendly font
(Arial, comic sans, courier, georgia, etc), do not fill the text box with
any fill, do not add a border, or group it with any other design element on
the page...in other words, no special formatting. Insert a hyperlink, do a
web page preview. Test the link...and the other links on the page that you
had inserted before. Now convert the publication to a PDF by File > Publish
as a PDF. Now test the links. Does the new plain text box hyperlink work? If
it does, then you know that the other links are not working because of the
formatting. Read the tips on the page I referenced about formatting to
avoid, to figure out what you are doing wrong with the other links.

DavidF

> -- I have Office 2007 with SP1
>
> Mark
>

> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> This was a bug with the original PDF addin, but was fixed with Office
>> 2007
>> SP1, if memory serves.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The pdf works great, but now there is another problem. There are web
>> > links
>> > on
>> > the page that don't work when made into a pdf......any solution for
>> > this?
>> > --
>> > Mark

0
Nope8657 (939)
2/26/2009 1:27:30 AM
Thanks....I finally found out that it's my AVG email scan that wasn't letting
pudlisher page to show up in the email body. The three laptop computers that
are in the office have the Free AVG ver. 8.0 anti virus, they couldn't read
the email. The decktop with other anti virus programs could read the email.
So when I disabled the email scan I can now read it. But I will get the lady
who designs the flyer in publisher to try to get the hyperlink to work in a
pdf file. I think that will be a better way to go.   Thank You Very Much!!!
--
Mark

"DavidF" wrote:

> OK, then that means we are back to a formatting problem that is killing the
> link. I am assuming that when you say the links don't work that you cannot
> click on them and get a browser page to open, correct? That the link is
> simply dead, correct?
>
> I would first try an experiment. Insert a new text box at the bottom of the
> page of your publication and put some text in it. Use a web friendly font
> (Arial, comic sans, courier, georgia, etc), do not fill the text box with
> any fill, do not add a border, or group it with any other design element on
> the page...in other words, no special formatting. Insert a hyperlink, do a
> web page preview. Test the link...and the other links on the page that you
> had inserted before. Now convert the publication to a PDF by File > Publish
> as a PDF. Now test the links. Does the new plain text box hyperlink work? If
> it does, then you know that the other links are not working because of the
> formatting. Read the tips on the page I referenced about formatting to
> avoid, to figure out what you are doing wrong with the other links.
>
> DavidF
>
> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > -- I have Office 2007 with SP1
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > "DavidF" wrote:
> >
> >> This was a bug with the original PDF addin, but was fixed with Office
> >> 2007
> >> SP1, if memory serves.
> >>
> >> DavidF
> >>
> >> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
mmmul (8)
2/26/2009 2:33:00 AM
You are welcome. Thanks for posting back with the additional information.
Antivirus - just one more thing that complicates trying to send as a html
message. Good luck.

DavidF

> Thanks....I finally found out that it's my AVG email scan that wasn't
> letting
> pudlisher page to show up in the email body. The three laptop computers
> that
> are in the office have the Free AVG ver. 8.0 anti virus, they couldn't
> read
> the email. The decktop with other anti virus programs could read the
> email.
> So when I disabled the email scan I can now read it. But I will get the
> lady
> who designs the flyer in publisher to try to get the hyperlink to work in
> pdf file. I think that will be a better way to go.   Thank You Very
> Much!!!
> --
> Mark
>

> "DavidF" wrote:
>
>> OK, then that means we are back to a formatting problem that is killing
>> the
>> link. I am assuming that when you say the links don't work that you
>> cannot
>> click on them and get a browser page to open, correct? That the link is
>> simply dead, correct?
>>
>> I would first try an experiment. Insert a new text box at the bottom of
>> the
>> page of your publication and put some text in it. Use a web friendly font
>> (Arial, comic sans, courier, georgia, etc), do not fill the text box with
>> any fill, do not add a border, or group it with any other design element
>> on
>> the page...in other words, no special formatting. Insert a hyperlink, do
>> web page preview. Test the link...and the other links on the page that
>> you
>> had inserted before. Now convert the publication to a PDF by File >
>> Publish
>> as a PDF. Now test the links. Does the new plain text box hyperlink work?
>> If
>> it does, then you know that the other links are not working because of
>> the
>> formatting. Read the tips on the page I referenced about formatting to
>> avoid, to figure out what you are doing wrong with the other links.
>>
>> DavidF
>>
>> "muoct28" <mmmul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > -- I have Office 2007 with SP1
>> >
>> > Mark

0
Nope8657 (939)

problem receiving emails
I sent a large word document as an attachment to my home email. However my home computer tries to recieve it but stops and brings up "error". All my other emails cannot get through. How can I delete this one email so the others can get through? ...

Internal Emails sent to CRM not showing up
Does anyone know if there is a solution for the following issue: - if an internal user sends an email message from their Outlook client to a CRM queue, it never shows up in CRM. -- Thanks, Christie Internal emails sent from Outlook in the same Exchange Organization will not be routed to CRM, as it does not routed via SMTP, which is the traffic that the CRM Exchange Email Router monitors. If you have a CRM SFO client, you can promote the email as a CRM Activity and then assign it to a user or queue. -wg "Christie" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a solution for th...

Can't delete or move email
I can't delete or move email , every time i try to delete,it gives unknown error. even i can't open the email. Any help will be appreciated Thanks What version of Outlook and are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you connecting to an ISP (POP3 etc) "deepwater" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1cfe101c422f9$b8196690$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I can't delete or move email , every time i try to > delete,it gives unknown error. even i can't open the email. > > Any help will be appreciated > > Thanks I'm ha...

Security issues
More and more users at our company want to use the cell phone to check email. Our Exchange server is behind a firewall and all the remote accesses need to use VPN client now. What is the best way to open the access to the cell phone? Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you Lan Li Maybe http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Forwarding_Mail_to_an_External_Recipient_Part_II.html? Or get Blackberries - there are several that combine phones. Then Blackberry Enterprise Server is your friend - Lan Li wrote: > More and more users at our company want to use the cell phone to > check email...

Cannot change email account currently set up on Outlook 2003
I have changed offices and now have the computer of a previous employee. Her email account is still linked to the Outlook icon and I need to change it to mine. I have changed the Profile and the Existing account to mine and rebooted with no change. Your IT person should be able to do this for you. It may entirely depend upon the type of server set up at the back end. Also, if you are logging in as this person and not as yourself this could be the issue. It really depends upon the network set up, the mail set up (server, type of mail account), and whether or not you even have permis...

Get email address of return receipt through VBA
Folks, We are sending lots of email through VBA. Easy enough. I want people to send read receipts back and have them pair up with the messages in an Access table. The code works except that we cannot seem to grab the email sender address off of a read receipt. It seems to act as though the property is not available to be read. I know that read receipts must have email sender addresses, for we can see them in our inbox. Does anyone have code to access email sender addresses through VBA code that we could drop in an Access database? Thanks. David consulttech@hotmail.com ...

Email macro not working
I have used Ron de Bruin's code for emailing a worksheet in Outlook 2003 for quite sometime and it works perfect, (I use the .Send not the .display). Now for the problem I have been asked to use the .display now instead of .send because we are now having to add an extra address (not very often maybe once a month or so). All I changed was the comment out of .Send and the uncommenting of .Display and it seemed to work until I hit the SEND button in Outlook and I get this error message "Operation can not be performed because the object has been deleted" If I r...

Reading database logs programmatically at run time
Hi all!!! does nebody knows how to read oracle(or any database) log file programmatically through MFC/C++? Thanking You, dinesh Hi, It depends on the dbms and version. I can't answer the question for Oracle. For SQL Server, the simple answer is that after about SQL Server 6 (it may have been 6.5 or 7) the log file format became proprietary - IE the log file was just another table prior to that version. Some have cracked the format (or been trusted with it) and there are products on the market that allow you to query, rollback transactions, selectively roll forward, do what you ...

Email work book.
Hi I have a work book or spread sheet, when filled out it must be sent to a supervisor for verification or approval, After approval it needs to be sent to another person. I want to be able to do this in vba code. The code I am currently using to send to one person is below. Can someone please help me? Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim Mail_workbook_Outlook_1() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) On Error Resume Next With OutMail .To = "xxxxxx@xxx...

I have been emailed some publisher files, but don't have publishe.
I have been emailed some publisher files, but don't have publisher. Does anyone know how I can view/print them? Can you email the person back and ask them to convert the file to a pdf file and then send it to you? "emalrola" <emalrola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FF6C778-EB6A-4868-9593-F6F24442BB06@microsoft.com... > I have been emailed some publisher files, but don't have publisher. > > Does anyone know how I can view/print them? Unfortuantely the sender of the files employed someone to 'clean up' her PC 2 weeks ago and ask...

Email Addresses in Outlook 2000
I have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 for my email program. However, it seems that the addresses are still connected to the OE format (right click on properties, the OE window appears). I believe that this causes some confusion as to the Name lists. For example, everyone with Jr., Sr., or other title is listed by that letter. Please explain on converting to reflecting the Outlook format. Thanks, Glen What mail support mode did you install? Internet Mail Only mode still uses the Windows Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Glen Raggio" <gmra...

Automatically add date to email
I send many emails a day. I keep typing the date into each one. Is there a way to automatically add the date from the computer system. Thanks, ddlaz ...

Strange emails/strange ndr's
Hi, Recently, we have been receiving some strange emails. I have our exchange server set up to send out an email to a certain user when we receive an email that couldn't be delivered, i.e. if the sender gets the domain right, but botches the username. In the past few weeks we've been receiving lots notices for failed deliveries to our domain. It looks like somebody trying to guess usernames in our domain, but they're not having any success. I thought that maybe someone was trying to spam us, but since they weren't getting through, I thought no more of it. Then toda...

locating global address list thru excels email icon
When attempting to email from within Excel 2000 I do not have access to my contacts or global address list. How do I find them? Joan, So when you go to File-->Send To-->Mail Recipient and you click on "TO" there's no list? Make sure that you've got the Outlook Address Book installed and configured properly. katherine "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073b01c3a9fe$d8f2bd40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When attempting to email from within Excel 2000 I do not > have access to my contacts or global address list. How &g...

Unable to read notes in Presenter View
I am using PowePoint 2003 and I have a similiar problem to one posted by Roman Valoria in 2008. Some speaker notes do not appear when I use Presenter View. It is not true for all note pages, just some. Whenever the notes do not appear, the slide number appears in the upper left had corner of the notes area in Presenter View. I tried doing what Roman had suggested, but when I go to Note View, I just see the notes. The page number does not appear. Has anyone else dealt with this before? If the notes don't show up when you view the Notes Page, try the following: 1. Clic...

Public Folder permission:can users read e-mails dropped by themselves ?
I am setting up GFI mailessentials. Users can 'drop' e-mails to Public Folders such as 'add to whitelist' and 'this is legitimate e-mail'. I don't want users to read each others legitimate and whitelisted e-mails dropped under such Public Folder. However, I would like users to be able to 'undo' change and move e-mails out of the 'add to whitelist' and 'this is legitimate e-mail' in case of mistakes. Basically I need to let users "read messages which they have dropped themselves", and deny ability to read messages from others. Fo...

Email not working after installing Outlook mail client
Hi I am having trouble sending any emails from CRM 3.0 after having installed the Outlook client on my dektop. Previous to installing the Outlook client emails were sending fine. Now I cannot send emails from either within CRM (Error message: "An error has occurred. For more info contact your administrator") or from Outlook. The mail router has been installed on the server. Anyone had a similar issue or know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 default font for HTML emails
Can someone please advise where the settings are to change the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? I've checked Outlook and Word, can't see to find it. At the moment it's set to Times New Roman 10, but 10 is a bit small, want to make the default 12 or even better still Arial 12... As always, thanks in advance! On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:59:06 -0700, "Ivan T. Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone please advise where the settings are to change >the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? > >I've checke...

multipe users, sees all emails
I have a Windows 98 computer with Outlook 2000 running and I have three different users setup on that computer under control panel-users. But when one receives a message, they all can see it. Example (user #1 is logged in, gets a mail message, he goes to lunch, user #2 logs user #1 out and logs user #2 in and checks his mail, he sees user #1 message) Why is this? please help. Thanks. Candy <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a Windows 98 computer with Outlook 2000 running and I have > three different users setup on that computer under control > panel-us...

Emailing and Mail Merge From Outlook Using Word
I'm using Outlook and Word 2003. I start my mail merge in Outlook using the "Mail Merge Contacts" dialog (select contact, existing file and merge to email). The first question I have is there anyway for the "Message subject line" in the "Mail Merge Contacts" dialog from within Outlook to remember what the last subject was that I typed in? I don't use a permanent file. It doesn't seem to remember the subject from merge to merge. The second question I have is I select the "Merge to E-mail" option from the merge toolbar in Word. It does ca...

What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email.
What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email. On 9 Aug 2003 17:21:33 -0700, Sparky <Sparky_member@newsguy.com> wrote: >What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? I need to restore it >from a Drive Image to recover email. Search your backup for a *.pst file. That file contains all of your mail, Contacts, and all other data from Outlook. Be aware that it is a hidden file, so you need to have the capability of viewing hidden files in order to find it. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email C...

How do I get an email delivery status bar. . .
on Outlook like the one in Outlook Express ? Is there an Add in or Plug in for this around? Thanks. . . ...

Duplicate incoming emails
Hello, I just installed Microsoft CRM as a testing setup. It works fine but for one thing: Incoming emails are duplicated while outgoing mail works good. So if one replies to an email sent to an external account, the email reply appears twice in the incoming mailbox of the crm user. We're using MS CRM on a dedicated machine and MS Exchange with the CRM router on a second one. In Outlook the mail appears just once - like it should be. Internal mails work like they should, this problem only occurs on email received from external sources via SMTP. When I look into Exchange message t...

how to receive my emails to my personal folder (ie lianne) in inbo
Before I start I am computer illiterate, so please humour me. I am using microsoft outlook. I used to receive my emails in my named folder in inbox, my partners went to inbox. I some how deleted my folder, which I have retrieved but now my emails go to inbox, how do I put it right. If I do receive a reply and some one can help me, please bear in mind that technical terms mean nothing. Thankyou Lianne Hi, I am also pretty clueless but here goes. You go to 'tools', 'message rules', 'mail', and from the list on the right, click 'new'. In box 1 you can sele...

Outlook Always Opens Word Attachments In Read Layout.
Please excuse the cross posting since I don't really know whether Outlook is the cause or Microsoft word. Current configuration: Microsoft Outlook 2003 11.6359.6400 SP1 Microsoft Word 2003 11.6502.6408 SP1 Windows XP Professional SP2. To my knowledge, all updates are installed with no known problems. Username has computer administrator level access. No known security software or add-ins installed. Outlook always opens Microsoft Word attachments in the reading layout. If I close Outlook, close and exit any instance of Microsoft Word and then uncheck "Allow Starting in Reading La...