Can't open MS Publisher ver 6.0 files with MS Publisher 2000 Prof

Can't open MS Publisher ver 6.0 files with MS Publisher 2000 Prof SR-1.
What's the difference between pub 2000 prof and pub 2000 works 6.0?  Is the
works 6.0 version newer?  Is this why 2000 prof sr-1 won't open files from
publisher works ver. 6.0?
Please assist in any way possible.  THank you.  ANy advice would be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Have a great day!

twb

AVProfTech wrote:
> Can't open MS Publisher ver 6.0 files with MS Publisher
> 2000 Prof SR-1. What's the difference between pub 2000
> prof and pub 2000 works 6.0?  Is the works 6.0 version
> newer?  Is this why 2000 prof sr-1 won't open files from
> publisher works ver. 6.0?
> Please assist in any way possible.  THank you.  ANy
> advice would be helpful.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Have a great day!
>
> twb
=================================
Microsoft Publisher was not included in
MS Works 6.0.

Possibly you are referring to Microsoft
Picture It! Publishing 2001 which creates
..php files and they are not compatible with
any version of MS Publisher.

To re-edit the .php files you will have to
open them in PIP2001 (or any version of
MS Picture It! / MS Digital Image), then you
could copy/paste the file from PIP2001 into
Publisher 2000 but it would only be an image...
not an editable / layered project.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
3/8/2006 4:19:12 PM
Thanks for your comment, but i was not refering to MS picture it.  I refered
to exactly what I needed.  I have a ms publisher 2000 program that won't open
a publisher 2000 ver 6.0 file.  I just thought there was some difference
between the professional version and the ver 6.0, which was causing the
professional version NOT to be able to open the Ver 6.0 version.  I thought
the ver. 6.0 was part of an Office Works suite install.  And if this is the
case, then there's no conversions that can be made either???  If there are,
please let me know, ok?  If there is a viewer that i can install to just open
and view these files, that would be great too.  Thank you for your time and
assistance.

AVProfTech

AVProfTech wrote:
> Thanks for your comment, but i was not refering to MS
> picture it.  I refered to exactly what I needed.  I have
> a ms publisher 2000 program that won't open a publisher
> 2000 ver 6.0 file.  I just thought there was some
> difference between the professional version and the ver
> 6.0, which was causing the professional version NOT to be
> able to open the Ver 6.0 version.  I thought the ver. 6.0
> was part of an Office Works suite install.  And if this
> is the case, then there's no conversions that can be made
> either???  If there are, please let me know, ok?  If
> there is a viewer that i can install to just open and
> view these files, that would be great too.  Thank you for
> your time and assistance.
>
> AVProfTech
==============================
If you open the program the created the
file in question and go to...Help / About...
does it offer a version number?

What happens when you attempt to open
the file, do you receive an error?

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
3/8/2006 6:25:44 PM
Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton options, misc.,
disable Office Plug-in. If you have any other anti-virus software, disable it
and see if the file opens.

Is this a file you created or was it sent to you?

Try to open the file in safe mode.
It could be the printer driver, Publisher saves printer information in each
file.

Are you getting an error?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"AVProfTech" <AVProfTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your comment, but i was not refering to MS picture it.  I refered
> to exactly what I needed.  I have a ms publisher 2000 program that won't open
> a publisher 2000 ver 6.0 file.  I just thought there was some difference
> between the professional version and the ver 6.0, which was causing the
> professional version NOT to be able to open the Ver 6.0 version.  I thought
> the ver. 6.0 was part of an Office Works suite install.  And if this is the
> case, then there's no conversions that can be made either???  If there are,
> please let me know, ok?  If there is a viewer that i can install to just open
> and view these files, that would be great too.  Thank you for your time and
> assistance.
>
> AVProfTech
>

> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> AVProfTech wrote:
>> > Can't open MS Publisher ver 6.0 files with MS Publisher
>> > 2000 Prof SR-1. What's the difference between pub 2000
>> > prof and pub 2000 works 6.0?  Is the works 6.0 version
>> > newer?  Is this why 2000 prof sr-1 won't open files from
>> > publisher works ver. 6.0?
>> > Please assist in any way possible.  THank you.  ANy
>> > advice would be helpful.
>> >
>> > Thank you very much.
>> >
>> > Have a great day!
>> >
>> > twb
>> =================================
>> Microsoft Publisher was not included in
>> MS Works 6.0.
>>
>> Possibly you are referring to Microsoft
>> Picture It! Publishing 2001 which creates
>> ..php files and they are not compatible with
>> any version of MS Publisher.
>>
>> To re-edit the .php files you will have to
>> open them in PIP2001 (or any version of
>> MS Picture It! / MS Digital Image), then you
>> could copy/paste the file from PIP2001 into
>> Publisher 2000 but it would only be an image...
>> not an editable / layered project.
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer

0
gsauer (5095)
3/8/2006 6:50:42 PM
The program user, is in another city location and different facility.  I
wouldn’t be able to open his/her program to check, without calling their
office.  I need to attain the number anyway.
I may have an idea on what the solution is, I just thought if anyone else
has ever seen this before and could assist.  The version difference is
probably the key.  The file was no doubt created in a newer version and just
needs saved as a lower version for pub2000prof. to open correctly.

To answer your other question, there is an error that says something to the
effect of: publisher cannot open this publisher version.

If you find anything, that would be terrific.  Thanks for your assistance,
John.

AVProfTech

aka: Terry

AVProfTech wrote:
> The program user, is in another city location and
> different facility.  I wouldn’t be able to open his/her
> program to check, without calling their office.  I need
> to attain the number anyway.
> I may have an idea on what the solution is, I just
> thought if anyone else has ever seen this before and
> could assist.  The version difference is probably the
> key.  The file was no doubt created in a newer version
> and just needs saved as a lower version for pub2000prof.
> to open correctly.
>
> To answer your other question, there is an error that
> says something to the effect of: publisher cannot open
> this publisher version.
>
> If you find anything, that would be terrific.  Thanks for
> your assistance, John.
>
> AVProfTech
>
> aka: Terry
===========================
If the Publisher version that created the
file is more current...have the creator to
save it as a "Publisher 2000 file"...

Otherwise, Mary's excellent advice is the
info you require.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
3/8/2006 7:21:53 PM
Thank you John and Mary, but i think i will stick to my instincts for this
one, as well as what John reiterated back to me, which was to have the sender
resave his file to a compatible file type version that ms publisher2000
professional can read. The sender may just have office2003...with publisher.
I will find out and just have him re-save the file.

Thank you both for your assistance, and that's all i need for now.  Have a
wonderful day!

AVProfTech

> > aka: Terry

AVProfTech

"John Inzer" wrote:

> AVProfTech wrote:
> > The program user, is in another city location and
> > different facility.  I wouldn’t be able to open his/her
> > program to check, without calling their office.  I need
> > to attain the number anyway.
> > I may have an idea on what the solution is, I just
> > thought if anyone else has ever seen this before and
> > could assist.  The version difference is probably the
> > key.  The file was no doubt created in a newer version
> > and just needs saved as a lower version for pub2000prof.
> > to open correctly.
> >
> > To answer your other question, there is an error that
> > says something to the effect of: publisher cannot open
> > this publisher version.
> >
> > If you find anything, that would be terrific.  Thanks for
> > your assistance, John.
> >
> > AVProfTech
> >
> > aka: Terry
> ===========================
> If the Publisher version that created the
> file is more current...have the creator to
> save it as a "Publisher 2000 file"...
>
> Otherwise, Mary's excellent advice is the
> info you require.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

Thank you Mary and John, but i think i will stick to my instincts for this

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton options, misc.,
> disable Office Plug-in. If you have any other anti-virus software, disable it
> and see if the file opens.
>
> Is this a file you created or was it sent to you?
>
> Try to open the file in safe mode.
> It could be the printer driver, Publisher saves printer information in each
> file.
>
> Are you getting an error?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "AVProfTech" <AVProfTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your comment, but i was not refering to MS picture it.  I refered
> > to exactly what I needed.  I have a ms publisher 2000 program that won't open
> > a publisher 2000 ver 6.0 file.  I just thought there was some difference
> > between the professional version and the ver 6.0, which was causing the
> > professional version NOT to be able to open the Ver 6.0 version.  I thought
> > the ver. 6.0 was part of an Office Works suite install.  And if this is the
> > case, then there's no conversions that can be made either???  If there are,
> > please let me know, ok?  If there is a viewer that i can install to just open
> > and view these files, that would be great too.  Thank you for your time and
> > assistance.
> >
> > AVProfTech

> >> =================================
> >> Microsoft Publisher was not included in
> >> MS Works 6.0.
> >>
> >> Possibly you are referring to Microsoft
> >> Picture It! Publishing 2001 which creates
> >> ..php files and they are not compatible with
> >> any version of MS Publisher.
> >>
> >> To re-edit the .php files you will have to
> >> open them in PIP2001 (or any version of
> >> MS Picture It! / MS Digital Image), then you
> >> could copy/paste the file from PIP2001 into
> >> Publisher 2000 but it would only be an image...
> >> not an editable / layered project.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> John Inzer

AVProfTech <AVProfTech@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> Can't open MS Publisher ver 6.0 files with MS Publisher 2000 Prof
> SR-1. What's the difference between pub 2000 prof and pub 2000 works
> 6.0?  Is the works 6.0 version newer?

Publisher 2000 is also known as Publisher v6.0, as is noted in Help > About
in Publisher 2000.

If you right-click, Properties on ANY file with the extension .pub, it will
report Publisher 2000 v6, as that is the version you have installed.
Windows sees the .pub extension, knows that it is associated with Publisher
2000 v6 on your computer, and tells you that that is the filetype.  It could
have been created with ANY version of Publisher, or Corel Ventura.  Probably
Publisher 2002 or 2003.  The sender can re-save the file as Publisher 2000,
although formatting will be lost.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

MS outlook
Hi Any possible way to import contacts from MS outlook. I m using MS outlook 2003. syed "MS Excel" <obaid@geo-logistics.com.pk> wrote in message news:ewZoWS9zFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl > Hi > > Any possible way to import contacts from MS outlook. > I m using MS outlook 2003. > > syed Eh? Open the old pst file in Outlook 2003 and copy the conacts over. If you use the File || Import/Export command (in Outlook) you can import/export the Contact folder to/from a variety of formats. "MS Excel" <obaid@geo-logistics.com.pk> wrote in mes...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

Adding a new Interface in MS CRM
Hi, I don't want to use the "Add Lead" form to create a lead. I have developed my own page for this using the MS CRM APIs. But I have to change the linked page of "Leads" link in the left menu ( Sales) and point to my custom page. How can I do this? Thanks, -Jaison Well this is a little different as you will have to recreate the outer shell of CRM. We did this using the ASP.NET controls from Infragistics for one of our clients. Sean "Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message news:OCDt3caaEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...

Windows Vista and RMS 2.0
Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. I'm running it on my laptop without issues. But this is just for demos and research. Have not intalled it in production yet "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com... > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1 "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

CRM4: IIS 7.0 on Win2k8
Hi all, I'm using the following code on entity's OnLoad event to load a JavaScript file: =================================== function LoadFile(url, cache) { var httpRequest = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP'); httpRequest.open('GET', url, false); if (!cache) httpRequest.setRequestHeader('If-Modified-Since', 'Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT'); httpRequest.send(null); return httpRequest.responseText; } LoadFile('/ISV/COMPANY/script.js', false) =================================== I am accessing CRM using Web Client from the ser...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Disappearing Pictures in Publisher
Hi, I have a user whose Publisher file keeps losing it's pictures. Most of the pictures are clip art. She puts one in, saves, closes, reopens and sometimes the pictures stay but after a few closes and opens the pictures are gone but there still seems to be a placeholder for them. We have made sure that the pictures are embedded using the Graphics Manager. We have gone to View / Pictures and ensured it is set to Detailed Display. When we send to the printer, the picture does not show up. When emailed to another computer the picture does not show up. We really need to fix this probl...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...