can't get web page to open full size, created in publisher 2000

I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the page
from browser the page only fills the left half of the monitor. I can't find
any information on what I did wrong.
0
Burn (3)

Is there data that's missing?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the page
> from browser the page only fills the left half of the monitor. I can't
> find
> any information on what I did wrong.

0
jl_paules (2767)
12/15/2007 7:42:38 PM
No, all data is complete as I set the page up.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Is there data that's missing?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the page
> > from browser the page only fills the left half of the monitor. I can't
> > find
> > any information on what I did wrong.

0
Burn (3)
12/15/2007 8:34:00 PM
Then I assume you mean that your page is left justified and you'd like it
centered? Can you post a link to your site? DavidF is the resident Publisher
web guru. I'll bet he can help you get your site tweaked. (I use FrontPage
and Expressions Web for websites.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> No, all data is complete as I set the page up.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Is there data that's missing?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the
>> >page
>> > from browser the page only fills the left half of the monitor. I can't
>> > find
>> > any information on what I did wrong.

0
jl_paules (2767)
12/15/2007 10:01:04 PM
Burn, because you use Publisher 2000 what you can do is center the webpage.

Below is my canned response.

This works only for websites created with Publisher 2000 & 2002.

Each of your html files requires adding the <center> code after the existing
</head> code.

You can go into each html file and do it manually or get the free
ReplaceInfiles program
and make it an easy chore.

"ReplaceInFiles" can be downloaded from:

<http://www.emurasoft.com/index.htm>

The four boxes require the following information:

Find: </head>
Replace with: </head> <center>
File Types: *.html
In Folder:
(use the button to go to the folder where the html files are located on your
drive)

The bottom four boxes can be left blank.

Note: Once the boxes are filled out and the "Replace all" is selected, the
entries are retained for the next time you use the program.

Don - www.vanusa.org
------
Vancouver, USA

P.S.  One of the kind visitors of this news group told us of ReplaceInfiles
program some time ago; 'Sorry I forgot the individual's name. (Another
unsung hero).

"Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a web page using MS Publisher 2000 and when I open the page
> from browser the page only fills the left half of the monitor. I can't
> find
> any information on what I did wrong.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/16/2007 12:31:35 AM

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Then I assume you mean that your page is left justified and you'd like it
> centered? Can you post a link to your site? DavidF is the resident Publisher
> web guru. I'll bet he can help you get your site tweaked. (I use FrontPage
> and Expressions Web for websites.)
>
> -- Thanks, yes it is justified left. The page can be found at > http://homepages.roadrunner.com/xmas/
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No, all data is complete as I set the page up.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Is there data that's missing?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "Burn" <Burn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Burn (3)

invoking outlook from web page
Is there any way to invoke outlook client from a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook client from an incon in it.Please help. thanks in advance vikrant singhai wrote: > Is there any way to invoke outlook client from > a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using > HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook > client from an incon in it.Please help. Ah, the famous Indian IT experts raising their towelly heads. No wonder I feel like trampling the phone everytime I'm getting transfer...

Exchange 2000 Holding emails
We are running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 both are service packed etc. also on the 2000 server is Computer Associates etrust version 7 and GFI mail security & essentials. Our email is relayed to us from our ISP Last week one or two users reported that customers had sent emails but did not arrive?. checked the queue's, all okay, sent test messages to our ISP, test messages bounced back okay. looked at the system logs, nothing untoward .. kept an eye on the server all week and everything looked okay ... emails coming in and going out. Or so I thought. Monday morning, came in and f...

print the tracking page
Windows XP Office 2003 Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab when I shedule meetings? When I try to do this, the "Appointment" tab shows up as the page being printed...??? Any suggestions? Thanks, Lou Sanderson only with a screen print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

A Crystal Beginner

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Get paid while you get online!!

how can I find out trace dependents on other pages
I want to find out trace dependents, how can I find out trace dependents on other pages? -- PETER After clicking Tools > Formula Auditing > Trace Precedents/Dependents, if you were to double-click on the dotted arrow that points to a mini sheet icon, that'll bring up a "Go To" dialog to navigate to either the precedent(s) / dependent(s) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Peter" <peter.oellinger@t-online.de> wrote in message news:7280B569-F4B6-4EB4-A79A-6852BAF7949E@microsoft.com... >I want to find out trace depen...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Excel opens correct view
I get excel all set up with a freeze pane showing about half the columns ( also just hid the unnecessary columns) and save it and when I open it - its just like i saved it - Great!. Then I publish it in Frontpage and it opens in preview or with IE on the web showing every column I hid. So when it opens with excel or explore - Great - when it gets published it opens differently exposing all the hidden columns. How do i fix this - big sheet is not acceptable to client. Jim2003 Try selecting the entire workbook and copy/pasting special (values), then delete the rows you don't need t...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Exchange 2000 and IE Browser
Need some assitance please. We currently are using Exchange 2000. We just recently discovered that if a user is logged into the domain, that anyone could walk up to that workstation, go to the IE Browser and type in the url the dns name of our exchange server with \exchange at the end and it will pull up that users e-mail thru the browser without having to type in a user name and password. How can we prevent this from happening? Thank you for your time, Lisa In effect, when a user types \\server\exchange, he or she will see a folder mounted on the M-drive on the exchange server. The M-dr...

Pulldown List to open Workbook.
I have a supplier who updates his pricelist via several spreadsheets. I want to create an interface so that I may access the appropriate pricelist (workbook) by simply selecting the proper category from a pulldown menu (list). So basically, if I select "Piping" from the pulldown menu, it would open "Piping.xls" either within my main workbook or by itself. I have no macro experience so I was hoping I could do this without using them... is this possible? Opening a workbook from a dropdown box requires a macro. You could, however, create a list of links to your workbooks (...

ComboBox-size
Hello, I want to add a combobox to a dialog and modify the height in the resource-editor of Visual Studio.NET. I have understood that when pushing the arrow I can modify the scroll area height. What I want to change however is the size of the combobox in the unselected state. This is necessary if I use another fontsize than the default one. At the moment whenever changing the font of the combobox the selected item is only partially shown. Anybody got an idea how to modify the height of a combobox in unselected state in the resource editor (or maybe lateron)? By the way, is there a way to...

How do I get??

Opening the help window
I have prototyped something before trying it for real in our application. I have this line in my prototype: ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_INDEX, NULL); This opens the help system in a separate window, which I can always find later (with FindWindow) and direct to particular pages. Doing the above in the application gives me an unresolved external error, but I can't find anything to include that I'm not already including. MSDN doesn't mention what to include in the help page for HtmlHelp operation. What should I include? Or what am I missing? "GT&q...

Publisher2000,trying to ftp., says check your URL, can't publish,
Can't publish to tripod using ftp. I'm a real newby to this stuff but have checked all other questions. I did enable frontpage on the tripod site. Can you help? Make note that web publication issues should be discussed in our webdesign forum versus this general forum. You should work thru the article - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=158 - as well as review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "javalady33" <javalady33@discussions.microsof...