Can't edit story in Word (Pub 2000)

I have Office 2000 SB Edition, running on Windows 98 SE.

When I am using Publisher 2000, and want to "Edit Story in Word" I get
an error message. It says it can't connect with Word, and to "close
other applications or free up memory", or to "reinstall the OLE
server".

I don't have any other applications running, and I have lots of free
memory. I don't know what the OLE server is, or how to reinstall it.
Can anyone help please?

I have Office 2000 SB Edition running on Windows XP on another
machine, and I do not get this problem  there, just on the Windows 98
machine.

Thanks, Jeremy

0
jeremyb (9)

Thanks to an earlier post from Ed Bennett, I have found the solution
to my problem. I turned off script blocking in Norton AntiVirus, and
now Publisher and Word work together nicely.

Thanks Ed!

0
jeremyb (9)

form error 2000 >> 2002
Hi, I migrated a database from access 2000 to 2002. After doing this i got a wird error in on of the forms. Its a form with about 40 calculated fields and 10 subforms. In a lot of the fields "#name?" is displayed instead of the value. When i go to the next record or open the form in design mode and return then other fields display "#name?". I have checked for missing referrences in my vb library but that gave no errors. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. Pieter Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups...

Office 2000 Premium and Vista
I've been told that Publisher 2000 is not compatible with Vista. But I'm wondering - can I use the CD Key I have for my 2000 version with the new 2007 version? Anyone know? Jadegrniiz wrote: > I've been told that Publisher 2000 is not compatible with Vista. But > I'm wondering - can I use the CD Key I have for my 2000 version with > the new 2007 version? Anyone know? ========================================== The MS Publisher 2000 Product Key will not work with MS Publisher 2007. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Hig...

Office 2000 small business HELP
My office 2000 program will not open any files after upgrading to windows 7 It starts then tells me it cannot access the file will look for a soloution but never finds one. Will the upgrade for 2007 office suite small business work with out problems or do I have to buy the new program for 450.00 versus the upgrade for around 250.00. I don't want to purchase the upgrade and have problems. But I don't want to spend twice the money on the entire new program either. Will my old files open and work with either the upgrade or the new program, such as publisher, and word labels ect...

Reverse word
Hi, > How can I reverse, with Excel, the letters in a certain cell? For example; > I want Excel to rewrite > the word "black" as "kcalb" in cell A1?. > Using Excel 2003. > Thanks, > Amnon Hi Amnon, See reply to your similar post in microsoft.public.word.conversions. For Excel, simply change the calling macro's code to: Sub ReverseString() Selection.Value = Reverse(Selection) End Sub -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Amnon Wilensky" <wilensky@isdn.net.il> wrote in message news:OVexFZ4sKHA.3...

editting auto recovery

Customize Outlook Today
I had some one ask me to fix their "Customize Outlook Today" as it had stopped working. In Outlook 2000 it is the button near the top right of the page you get by pressing the Outlook Today Icon in the Outlook shortcuts toolbar. After trying for a while, I then tried to see if it worked on My PC... It didn't, and nor did it work on ANY of the half dozen I've tried since. I know it DID work at some time in the past, but some Windows update or IE patch must have broken it. I get the same result with Outlook 2000, SR-1 and SP-3 and both on Windows 98 and Windows XP. An...

Outlook 2000 files in Outlook 2003
After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in some saved emails. Any ideas on why? Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "R-tap" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070401c3c320$6048cf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in > some saved emails. Any ideas on why? No... pretty plain jane XP\office 2003 install no encryption. >-----Original Me...

BOM & Edit List

Using Word & Excel v.X to tabulate race results for community festival
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for each contestant.) Some contestants may drop out of a...

Access 2000 <--> 2007 compatibility
Hi, We have a DB for data collection/telemarketing with a form and some VB code. This one is created in Access 2000. Can Access 2007 users open and work with this DB without causing problems if it later has to be operated on using Access 2000? Anything special we should do to avoid problems in this mixed version environment? Kjell Access 2007 can open, use, and modify a database in A2000 format. As always, if you have several users in the database at once, it's a good idea to split it: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html If you are switching back and forth between versions, a...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Lines of text disappearing in Word Tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br> I'm having a weird issue with text within tables in my word document. For some reason, if I delete the last row of a table that I'm working on, the previous row's text disappears. What's even more strange is that the first line of text disappears if there are two lines of text in the row, and the second row is fine. <br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry, not enough detail to answer. 1) Select the entire row and choose Edit>Clear>Clear Formatting. Now what ha...

Outlook 2000 #43
Hi All! I have a user who is getting reminders two or three weeks early. Any ideas? Outlook time is correct as is the regional settings for the WS. Odd but here are some things I'd try: - double check to make sure they didn't set the reminder to come up then - try using the /cleanreminders switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/1/12.asp "michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010001c39a61$8147d6e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All! > > I...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

Counting words in Power Point 2007?
How can I have PowerPoint 2007 count the words in a presentation? In article <51B39AEF-46A6-492D-862F-7D0FA5260394@microsoft.com>, Chris L. wrote: > How can I have PowerPoint 2007 count the words in a presentation? Office Button | Prepare | Properties Then click the downarrow next to "Document Properties" in the yellow bar that appears above your slide and choose Advanced Properties. On the Statistics tab of the resulting Properties dialog box, you'll see a count of words, slides, paragraphs etc. ============================== PPT Frequently A...

why everytime i open word am I asked to accept the EULA
Everytime I open Microsoft Office 2003 after a new install in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the end-user licence agreement even though I already accepted it earlier Does it help if you log in as Administrator and accept the license agreement? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "apsevan" <apsevan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76808E54-C9E1-47D6-B9CE-E64DF263CD91@microsoft.com... > Everytime I open Microsoft Office 2003 after a new install in Windows 7 I > am > asked to accept the end-user licence agreement even though I alre...

move mailbox from 5.5 to 2000
When moving a mailbox from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 by using the move mailbox utility in Active Directory Users and computers, I seldom receive error messages that the mailbox can not be moved due to corrupted messages. Is there any way that we can find the corrupted messages? I found the KB# 318726 to how to delete those corrupted messages but I don't know which ones. Sometimes when I try it the second time it works but sometimes it does not move the mailbox at all. Exchange 5.5 and 2000 are in the same site. thanks. About all you can do in that case is use Exmerge to perform t...