Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003

In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer
Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution.  I
clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only
drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what
the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine.

How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?

Thank you.

Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the
> "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print
> resolution.  I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print
> dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is
> "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set
> at Super-fine.
>
> How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?

The resolution set in Advanced Print Options is the dots per inch setting of
the output data from Publisher to your printer driver, not the print quality
of your printer.

The print quality of your printer can only be set in your printer driver.
On a per-publication basis, this is done through the Page Setup > Printer
and Paper > Properties dialog.  On a system-wide basis, this is done through
Start > Printers and Faxes > Right-click your printer > Properties >
Printing Preferences.  The latter sets the default for all applications.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/28/2005 12:36:29 AM
Thanks for the info about the Resolution setting.

I changed the print qualty through Page Setup, but it didn't work. I'd
rather not change it sytem-wide. Any other fixes? The printer is a Brother
MFC 3820CN.
Thanks.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the
> > "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print
> > resolution.  I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print
> > dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is
> > "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set
> > at Super-fine.
> >
> > How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?
>
> The resolution set in Advanced Print Options is the dots per inch setting of
> the output data from Publisher to your printer driver, not the print quality
> of your printer.
>
> The print quality of your printer can only be set in your printer driver.
> On a per-publication basis, this is done through the Page Setup > Printer
> and Paper > Properties dialog.  On a system-wide basis, this is done through
> Start > Printers and Faxes > Right-click your printer > Properties >
> Printing Preferences.  The latter sets the default for all applications.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Support
http://global.solutions.brother.com/mfc3820cn_us/en_us/download/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Don Burgess" <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info about the Resolution setting.
>
> I changed the print qualty through Page Setup, but it didn't work. I'd
> rather not change it sytem-wide. Any other fixes? The printer is a Brother
> MFC 3820CN.
> Thanks.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
>> heard to utter:
>> > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the
>> > "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print
>> > resolution.  I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print
>> > dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is
>> > "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set
>> > at Super-fine.
>> >
>> > How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?
>>
>> The resolution set in Advanced Print Options is the dots per inch setting of
>> the output data from Publisher to your printer driver, not the print quality
>> of your printer.
>>
>> The print quality of your printer can only be set in your printer driver.
>> On a per-publication basis, this is done through the Page Setup > Printer
>> and Paper > Properties dialog.  On a system-wide basis, this is done through
>> Start > Printers and Faxes > Right-click your printer > Properties >
>> Printing Preferences.  The latter sets the default for all applications.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
12/28/2005 4:14:32 PM
Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I changed the print qualty through Page Setup, but it didn't work. I'd
> rather not change it sytem-wide. Any other fixes? The printer is a
> Brother MFC 3820CN.

Publisher takes its default print settings from the system-wide default
settings.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

Invalid Argument Access 2003
I get an invalid argument when I open my database. The database is the front end for a split database. I was working with some large imports. The file has swelled to over 2 GB. It should be around 50MB. I have tried to repair the DB from inside access and using the command prompt. I get a corruption error telling me to back up the DB and repair/compact. I have tried to rebuild the DB by importing to a blank DB. However, I get the invalid argument and corruption errors. When I double click on a module, Access tells me it doesn't exist. I have 40K lines of code and lots of forms and...

Save as publisher 2000
I am using Picture it! Publisher 2001 and I would like to save it for the 2000 version, but when I do a save as, I do not have that choice available. The only choice I get it publisher document. How do I save a file as for the 2000 version? I think you're getting your programs confused. Picture It! is not the same as Publisher. Picture It! has it's own format and I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MK" <systemsgo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O6uYYI6jEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

External data link change

outlook 2003- cant send to some distribution lists
User was upgraded from office 97. the PST was moved at that time. Fast forward several months... user hit the 2gb limit on her PST file. we created a new OL2003 PST, then imported all info from the old PST. Now whenever she tries to send to certain distribution lists, she gets a "unexpected error has occurred". when she hits send. if she tries to expand the distribution list within the TO field, she gets an error of "The command selected is not valid for this recipient. The operation failed." she can open it in contacts with no errors. We have deleted the list and...

Increase the resolution of a picture in a pdf/ publisher document
I created an ad in publisher, which included our logo, converted it to a PDF document and submitted it to the company. They informed me that the logo was not the same "high resolution" and would not print as clearly as the rest of the document. How do I fix the resolution of the logo. I have a copy of the logo in Microsoft Picture Manager also. Please help I am new at this. Thanks You can't increase the resolution and not end up with crap. (I couldn't find a nicer word, sorry.) The part that doesn't make sense is that the entire ad is the same resolution in the ...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

New spreadsheet only prints the first page
My spreadsheet is a calendar that counts the days of call for my 3 physician partners and myself. Last year's was in Excel 97 and through a lot of cutting and pasting I have the 2010 calendar all set. When I go to "page break preview", page 1 is seen, but the rest of the sheet is gray. When I go to print preview, I only get that first month and not the rest of the spreadsheet. I tried to save it in the old format, too, but I get the same problem. If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and a clear explanation of what you want and before/afte...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

Outlook 2003 MSKSrver.exe! RUNS ALL TIME HOGS MEMORY!
Outlook 2003 Too Slow! I used the MicroSoft task manager to find-out what all the action in the background is! MSKSrver.exe RUNS ALL the time at 85 to 95 CPU and the CPU total usage is near 100% ALL the time with nothing major running but MSKSrver.exe! Whenever I try to do anything else, the new application takes forever to get going as it must compete with MSKSrver.exe! Why is that database server working all the time? What is it doing? I do not use "Favorite Folders" or "Business Contact Manager" yet, though those are areas show in MAIL, empty. I don'...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Change a formula to an acual number

Inserting Video in FP 2003
I am trying to insert a .wmv file and a mp4 files using the Insert Menu, Picture, Video option. When I go into the Preview tab, I can only see the red square, blue triangle, green circle icon. (Video error icon?) I have already installed the WMP add-in for FP. I have Windows media player 11 installed. There are not large files - so it shouldn't take long to load. I tried to just drag the file over in FP and it seemed to create a Hyperlink, but when I previewed it, it still did not work. What else can I do to get these videos inserted on my web page? Thanks What...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Recipient limits in Exchange 2003
I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 Environment...... An Ex 5.5 user sends emails to a distribution list that has 8000 members using a Shared 2k3 mailbox and has no problems sending to that dl. Another Ex 2k3 user sends emails to the same distribution list using the same shared 2k3 mailbox but receives the following error: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <servername #5.5.3> The global settings Message Delivery in ESM is set to 5000. I do ...

Should I change this code?