Can't access Publisher

After downloading Office Updates for my Office XP I found
I could no longer open files on all Office products
except Publisher which still worked. I used system
restore to reverse this problem, but now Publisher won't
open and says it can't find the patch packager. It still
has two updates which can't be removed. Does anyone know
how to solve this? Your help would be much appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

Might be this:
You receive the "This patch package could not be opened" error message in Office
2003, in Office XP, or in Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295823&Product=offxp

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After downloading Office Updates for my Office XP I found
> I could no longer open files on all Office products
> except Publisher which still worked. I used system
> restore to reverse this problem, but now Publisher won't
> open and says it can't find the patch packager. It still
> has two updates which can't be removed. Does anyone know
> how to solve this? Your help would be much appreciated.

0
gsauer (5094)

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Inserting picture from file in Publisher 2000
I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy. Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it simple for me? -- Ruth The graph...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

BLENDING COLORS IN PUBLISHER
I don't know if this is possible. I have several clip art pieces I have imported into publisher. I have been able to make one of them my background. And I have several of the same image lined up to create a panorama. But I want to be able to blend colors from one area to another. I have done something like this in photoshop where you can select a color and apply it in the adjacent area. How can I do this in publisher. If I can't in publisher, can I use another program to do that? If you have Photoshop, I would suggest doing all of your editing in that program and then ...

Excel Row to Access Columns

publisher will not open
hello. i hope someone can help me. i have just bought a laptop and installed office 2000 small business, which was the most affordable version i could get at the time. i have installed both cds, and everything seems to have installed and runs fine, Publisher (the one program i really need) opens, but then locks and doesnt allow me to do anything. i have to then ctrl, alt, delete it to close it. does anyone know the answer to this quagmire? please help. am i missing a file or something? thank you adam Hi adam (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted...

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Saving to CD from Publisher
Help! First time Publisher user... trying to do a rush school yearbook project for 50 kids... I am using the Microsoft Office Package version, so not full version of Publisher?, preinstalled on my computer with the Office 2003 package and Windows xp 2002 version OP. When I try to save my 12 page project to D drive (which I use all the time to save and to and from) it says: "Incorrect Function" and then new box "You do not have access to the folder "d". See your administrator for access to this folder." HOW FRUSTRATION... I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR OF MY COMPUTER...

inserting a print icon in publisher
Hi I'm working with Publisher 2003 setting up an email newsletter. I've been asked to insert a clickable icon in the document that sends the email to print. Any help much appreciated! If the recipient doesn't allow HTML mail, it won't do you any good. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Barbra" <Barbra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:530DCC4B-37DE-4CF5-8DBA-5224F61B715D@microsoft.com... > Hi > I'm working with Publisher 2003 setting up an email newslette...

Accounting with Ms Access

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...