Can Publisher be used to print directly on white CD's or DVD's?

I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for labeling.
 Their software is terrible.  They suggest a half dozen others, but not
Publisher.  I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already
made in Publisher for previous projects.  Is there any way to use them with
the Epson?  More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to
print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Leo

Have you tried? I know nothing about printing directly onto a disk, but I do
know you can setup Publisher to print on most custom size stock.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for labeling.
> Their software is terrible.  They suggest a half dozen others, but not
> Publisher.  I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already
> made in Publisher for previous projects.  Is there any way to use them with
> the Epson?  More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to
> print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects?
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>
> Leo

0
Mary
1/19/2010 6:24:46 PM
Generally the printer doesn't care what program is sending data, you would
still have the same choices available for the "paper" type in the printer
preferences.

The only trick would be messing around with the document or in the Page
Setup to get the layout correct to line up with the disc.
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for
> labeling.
> Their software is terrible.  They suggest a half dozen others, but not
> Publisher.  I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already
> made in Publisher for previous projects.  Is there any way to use them
> with
> the Epson?  More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to
> print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects?
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>
> Leo

0
Jaime
1/20/2010 3:22:49 PM

"Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an Epson 810 printer that can print directly on the disc for
> labeling.
> Their software is terrible.  They suggest a half dozen others, but not
> Publisher.  I have hundreds of labels (for paper stick on labels) already
> made in Publisher for previous projects.  Is there any way to use them
> with
> the Epson?  More importantly, is there a way to use Publisher 2007 to
> print/label directly on a white labeled (printable) disc for new projects?
>
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>
> Leo

Another way you can use those Publisher files is to save the file as an
image and import that into the Epson program as an image.  I use that method
to alleviate the terrible aspect of the Epson program.

0
LVTravel

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can Not Reply To Emails

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

Publisher #47
I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to help me design my own business cards? Sure, you can purchase and install Publisher separately. You also can use Word to design your cards. http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Festina" <Festina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CC65344-48FC-49B5-AC88-CC860A0BF6C8@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to > help me ...

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag
My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you see when you get one? "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77C1C107-B54C-4DAA-B736-69A870B13F22@microsoft.com... > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you mean by "does not let"? Does a hand come out of the screen and grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse? -- Brian Til...

"Publisher cannot open the file"
Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the computer, copied the file to another folder but still it won't open. Any suggestions please. Chrisssss...... Chrisssssss......... wrote: || Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open || just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line || pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the || computer, copied the file to another folder ...

Can not archive