Can MS Publisher print bar codes with its mail merge function or .

I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be able to
print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of making an image of
the publisher page and doing it in Word... too complicated. any one know of a
way?

1awesomemom <1awesomemom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be
> able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of
> making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too
> complicated. any one know of a way?

An article:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/5/2005 10:51:43 PM
Ed,

Looks like you've updated the info and it is pretty comprehensive. I
would add, though, that the font for the bar code needs to be a bar code
font. For instance, if the rest of the label is 10 point TNR, the bar
code needs to be 12 point (bar code font name).

I'm curious - I have never seen a web site that will check an entire
list of names for CASS accuracy and supply a CASS form. That program
runs from $400 and up per year I think Mailer+4, one that offers
suggestions for incorrect parameters, is over $800 per year. I would
love to find a free web site that can handle 1,500 names.

Mike

Ed Bennett wrote:

> 1awesomemom <1awesomemom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
>
>>I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be
>>able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of
>>making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too
>>complicated. any one know of a way?
>

> An article:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx

0
wordwiz (947)
2/5/2005 11:23:25 PM
Mike, I would love to find one that could do 6,000 (the size of our age
restricted community).  My 502 (c) (3) non-profit resorts to a mail service,
we supply the addresses and they mail to "Friends of the Minuteman
Foundation"
Be aware, a bar consisting of converted ZIP+4 doesn't hack it. Visit this
site. There is a publication near the bottom (3mb) that explains all.
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Ed,
>
> Looks like you've updated the info and it is pretty comprehensive. I would
> add, though, that the font for the bar code needs to be a bar code font.
> For instance, if the rest of the label is 10 point TNR, the bar code needs
> to be 12 point (bar code font name).
>
> I'm curious - I have never seen a web site that will check an entire list
> of names for CASS accuracy and supply a CASS form. That program runs from
> $400 and up per year I think Mailer+4, one that offers suggestions for
> incorrect parameters, is over $800 per year. I would love to find a free
> web site that can handle 1,500 names.
>
> Mike
>
> Ed Bennett wrote:
>
>> 1awesomemom <1awesomemom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
>> heard to utter:
>>
>>>I prepare my marketing materials in Publisher but really need to be
>>>able to print bar codes otherwise I have to go through steps of
>>>making an image of the publisher page and doing it in Word... too
>>>complicated. any one know of a way?
>>

>> An article:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx

0
Chuck
2/6/2005 12:30:07 AM
Chuck,

A bar code field consists of the Zip+4 digits, the county code and the
checksum digit, much like Ed explained. Depending on what your mailing
permit is, you can subscribe to a service in which your CASS
certification is good for a year. If you are not doing "periodical"
mailings, there are some really inexpensive programs available. Try
googling. They really don't care about how many records you need to sort
and verify.

Mike

Chuck Davis wrote:

> Mike, I would love to find one that could do 6,000 (the size of our age
> restricted community).  My 502 (c) (3) non-profit resorts to a mail service,
> we supply the addresses and they mail to "Friends of the Minuteman
> Foundation"
> Be aware, a bar consisting of converted ZIP+4 doesn't hack it. Visit this
> site. There is a publication near the bottom (3mb) that explains all.
> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
>
>>Ed,
>>
>>Looks like you've updated the info and it is pretty comprehensive. I would
>>add, though, that the font for the bar code needs to be a bar code font.
>>For instance, if the rest of the label is 10 point TNR, the bar code needs
>>to be 12 point (bar code font name).
>>
>>I'm curious - I have never seen a web site that will check an entire list
>>of names for CASS accuracy and supply a CASS form. That program runs from
>>$400 and up per year I think Mailer+4, one that offers suggestions for
>>incorrect parameters, is over $800 per year. I would love to find a free
>>web site that can handle 1,500 names.
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>Ed Bennett wrote:
>>

>>>1awesomemom <1awesomemom@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
>>>heard to utter:

>>>An article:
>>>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx

0
wordwiz (947)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can Not Reply To Emails

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Functions
Hi I need to export a query to a text file that contains both alpha and numeric fields How can I force the numeric fields to text as to get "123","ABC" thanks, Garry In query design view, instead of a field such as Amount, type an expresion like this into the Field row: Trim(Str([Amount])) Access should recognise this as a Text type field, and so add the quotes when you export it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "...

Can't delete email #2

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

How can I rename a database table?

Mail received by wrong recipient
Microsoft Exchange Server Version 5.5 SP4 Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 I know there are a lot of topics similar to this already but I cannot find anything in them that helps me solve my problem. Ever since I started working at this company over a year ago I have had the same problem every single time without exception. I give my email address to an external company e.g. when I purchase software over the web or request information via the web by filling my details in on a form. They send an email to the address I gave them (the only address I gave the...

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Can (or how can) I do this

Publisher #47
I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to help me design my own business cards? Sure, you can purchase and install Publisher separately. You also can use Word to design your cards. http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Festina" <Festina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CC65344-48FC-49B5-AC88-CC860A0BF6C8@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to > help me ...