Can I view an MS Publisher pub, in full screen view?

I want to preview an MS Publisher pub, as a full screen picture (like
PowerPoint's Slideshow, in contrast with slide edit view)?   Idon't have a
color printer so print preview shows a greyed out picture.  Should I install
a dummy printer and go print preview, or what?
0
August (5)

Print Preview won't show you a full screen image. You've already seen what
it looks like apparently. If you download a dummy driver, you could at least
see it in color.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"J.K. August" <J.K. August@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to preview an MS Publisher pub, as a full screen picture (like
> PowerPoint's Slideshow, in contrast with slide edit view)?   Idon't have a
> color printer so print preview shows a greyed out picture.  Should I
> install
> a dummy printer and go print preview, or what?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/15/2004 5:29:05 PM
I don't know which version of Publisher you have, but Publisher 2002 and
2003 have print preview. Older versions (2000 and older) do not have a print
preview.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"J.K. August" <J.K. August@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to preview an MS Publisher pub, as a full screen picture (like
> PowerPoint's Slideshow, in contrast with slide edit view)?   Idon't have a
> color printer so print preview shows a greyed out picture.  Should I
> install
> a dummy printer and go print preview, or what?

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Customise Opportunity Close Screen
Is it possible to customise the opportunity close screen? I am looking to add a few extra items to the 'Status Reason' dropdown. Thanks in advance. To change the status reason list you need to modify the statuscode attribute not the form it self. However the opportunity close entity is a system entity and cannot be customized so there is no method to do this. You can try to update the stringmap and statusmap tables in the CRM database, but this is not a supported customization. But aslong as you only add entries it may just work. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Avi...

Refreshng Folder Views
I am programmatically copying views from a .PST file to a selected Contacts folder. I must change folders and returns to the folder of interest for my views to be visible. How can I make them visible immediately after copying them into the folder? ...

Can't unlink groups of tasks
I am setting up a Project 2003 file for a project involving inspections of 30 facilities. I would like to track them a decrete groups of tasks in the same file. Each facility consists of the same tasks repeated with only the start date different. I created the tasks and timelines for the first facility, got the dependencies and constraints straight, formated the bars and labels, etc. I then copied that group of tasks, changed the facility label for each facility. When I tried to adjust the start date for the second and third groups of tasks, ALL the start dates changed. I checke...

Pub Mail Merge
Does Publisher 2002 / 2003 version have it's own mail merge program. I use Pub 97 now and I always have to bring in a pub file into MS Word in order to mail merge. This means I need two software programs for one operation. Ron Publisher 2002 and 2003 have the same useless database as Publisher 97 has built in. Do you mean to say you have never found it in Publisher 97? Publisher 2003 has significantly improved the ability of the Merge and you can now merge multiple items and pictures on a page. ...

I can't receive or send mail
I try loggin into my account, but I get this message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificat's CN name does not match the passed value." How do I fix this? Please post the names of the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers you are using, and their port numbers as shown on the Advanced tab of the account properties. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "unknown" <unknown@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Can I draw a tangent to a line in graph in Excel?
I want to draw a tangent to the beginning of a line in my graph, and then get the gradient of that tangent. Can Excel do that? I trust that you're using an XY chart, not a line chart, for this exercise. One approach, if you want to manually draw your own "bets" line, would be to add an XY series with two points, the first point being at the point of the first series where you want the tangent. Select the other point of this added series (two single clicks: one to select the series, one to select the point). When the cursor goes over the point, it becomes a four-headed arr...

how do I auto populate a powerpoint presetation from outline view
When I try to send my outline view to a PP presentation, it is not taking any of the body of the outline to the slides, just the headings. So, what I would expect to be about a 10 slide PP, actually turns out to be two pages. The body text must have the heading 2 (or lower, for lower bullet levels) style. Anything that's "normal" text won't transfer. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00246.htm has more info. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/3...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Can't Get Line Number on Status Bar
In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to do this in Word 2007? Thanks. Yes. Right click in the status bar. Line number is one of the choices. Pam mcwein wrote: >In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the >screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to >do this in Word 2007? Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-docmanagement/201001/1 Yes it is...

Can't see Groups in Global Address List
I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method AD Users and Group Action, New, Grou Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio Finis My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook? Thanks - "Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a group on the exchange server using ...

To MS: bug report for Outlook 2003
Hello, I did not find any website to submit a bug report, so I use this newsgroup. Outlook 2003, german, all updates applied (22 july 05) Problems with rules: I have about 15 email accounts defined and about 30 rules. When I create a rule to move received email to an other folder, and when using 'Emails received on this account' this is not working problerly: For some rules the wrong account is used. When I edit the rule in the list a wrong account is displayed (and is used for the rule) but when I click to change the account, the correct account is dispalyed. I have imported 30...

Paying upgrade price instead of Full version price... #2
Is there such of thing as an upgraded version that you can buy intead of having to get a whole package when you already own last year's? Thanks a lot! Not as such but by shopping around you can usually find an offer with a mail in rebate that brings the price down. If I remember around the time M2004 was released people were talking about net prices of around 15 bucks. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Bis" <anonymous@discussions....

The spacing between lines of text is not uniform; how can I fix it
Occasionally, lines of text within a paragraph end up unevenly spaced (this has happened in Word and in Publisher). I've checked to make sure the defaults were set to even spacing (e.g., 1 space between lines) and they were. What else can I do to fix this problem? As it stands right now, I think the document looks somewhat sloppy because within just one paragraph I think I have 3 differently-sized spaces between lines. ...

How can I convert a number to english text in Excel
Is there a way to convert an certain number, to english text in Excel. For eg. An invoice total of $1000 shoul also appear in words (Dollars One Thousand) Hi, See the following: http://longre.free.fr/english/ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip Also check out the following add-in by astien Mensink http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Super utility one of the functions converts numbers to text lik...

Can't get third outlook account to show up
MS Outlook 2k3 This is frustrating me, I did the typical add email stuff and all went well, but now the email isnt showing up in my arranged list (arranging by accounts so I can view all my emails at the same time) When I try to send an email, however, I can choose this account from the accounts drop down menu, and it will send an email. any ideas? i've been searching forever. So you're using the Arrange By | E-mail Account view on your Inbox and you don't see this 3rd e-mail account as one of the groups? First, do you have any e-mails actually FROM that account to show? I...

Select TOP on SQL 2005 slower than select full
Hello, =BFWhy narrowing results over 63 rows with top is far slower than a full select? My problem can be synthesized in 3 querys. This select runs in 29s: SELECT TOP 63 * FROM HPHPCREL where ( CPNY_COD =3D 'ATL') ORDER BY CPNY_COD,PERS_COD,END_DAT DESC The same select without TOP runs in 8s (returning 66642 rows): SELECT * FROM HPHPCREL where ( CPNY_COD =3D 'ATL') ORDER BY CPNY_COD,PERS_COD,END_DAT DESC Again the first select for 62 rows runs in less than a second: SELECT TOP 62 * FROM HPHPCREL where ( CPNY_COD =3D 'ATL') ORDER ...

DISK IS FULL
I have users who get disk is full message when tring to save excel file to a network drive. The drive has plenty of room 57G. The files are large 80meg and bigger with many links to other worksheets. ...

Can't see any data in Workflow Monitor
Hey there, Have been finalising my server install and re-adding Opportunities to the newer Workflow. But as doing this I now cannot see any data records whatsoever in the Workflow Monitor. It tells me how many items are Active/Paused ..etc in the Summary creen, but when I got to have them listed no data appears and claims that there are no Active/Paused ..etc records? No idea as to why???????? ...

I can't type in the third column of my landscape document.
I set up a legal-size, landscaped document in 3 columns. I have typed in the first two, but I can't type anything in the third. It's as if the document ends. When I look at the page in Print Preview, it looks perfect: the first two sections are there, but the third one is blank. Messing around with the margins hasn't helped me. Have you filled the first two columns? They should automatically spill over to the third, or you can insert a column break (Ctrl+Shfit+Enter). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://w...

Publisher 97 compatibility #2
Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for excell Publisher 2007 can open 97 files, 2007 has the old WordArt as part of the program. In earlier versions you had to have an add-in to access the old WordArt. Can't speak to the Excel issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "olttom" <olttom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38473D7F-42BE-407A-B4FF-E395CEB30C7D@microsoft.com... > Can the new publisher 07 handle files created in publisher 97, same for exce...

restrict view of certain cells in excel
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all cells. Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Firemann25" <Firemann25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA92F134-6CDD-438A-85A8-473AC0F4D57B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am tryi...

FP2002 Borders and publishing
For the site beatconscious.org, I employ a left side border and I'd like to update the image map there ... haven't needed to update that in several years. I've searched the discussion group posts on Border issues and don't see this one discussed: In my local web, I can see my hidden files/folders, such as the _borders folder and it's contents. In the live/remote web, the border content shows properly and in html view, I see that the content is being pulled from the _borders folder. But I can't actually see the _borders folder in the folder list -- ju...

Black Screen
I have started up my laptop with windows xp but after the windows load screen it turns black and just sits there. I attempted to restart in safe mode but i did the same thing only the black screen had "safe mode" in all corners. ...

How can set up Excel to be able to print checks?
I wish to be able to build a template so I can print checks from an excel program. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing routines. The code is open and commented. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "catherine" <catherine@discussio...

Pivot Table, can't group
Hello I am new at pivot table. I am trying to group the dates contained in my column heading by month and I always get the message "cannot group that selection" I have checked that the data source used is properly formatted as a date. Can someone help please? thanks Even if they look like dates, some may really be text. You could try one of the techniques shown here, to convert them to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html If that doesn't work, there are a few more suggestions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems Pascale wrote: &...