Can I scroll through fonts and see it change?

 I'm not sure how to put this. I was doing a tutorial for something-
apparently not Publisher (I have 2000) and it said click on the font box,
then hit the arrow key and it changes the font of what I have printed, so I
can see how it looks.

   I tried this with Publisher and it does change the name of the font in
the font name box, but not what I have typed. Even when selected.

     For example, I write Merry Christmas (or something) in a text box,
click on the font names box up top, hit the arrow keys and the name of the
font changes up top, but can it also change the Merry Christmas, to show me
what it will look like (in the publication) with that font?

       Now I have to click on the font name each time to change it in the
text box. Though I'm getting to know what some of the font names look like
and what I prefer for what.

       ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)

Carrie wrote:
> I'm not sure how to put this. I was doing a tutorial for
> something- apparently not Publisher (I have 2000) and it
> said click on the font box, then hit the arrow key and it
> changes the font of what I have printed, so I can see how
> it looks.
>
>   I tried this with Publisher and it does change the name
> of the font in the font name box, but not what I have
> typed. Even when selected.
>
>     For example, I write Merry Christmas (or something)
> in a text box, click on the font names box up top, hit
> the arrow keys and the name of the font changes up top,
> but can it also change the Merry Christmas, to show me
> what it will look like (in the publication) with that
> font?
>
>       Now I have to click on the font name each time to
> change it in the text box. Though I'm getting to know
> what some of the font names look like and what I prefer
> for what.
>
>       ~ Carrie
==================================
In Publisher when you open the font
drop widow you can see what the
fonts look like right there in the list.

If this is not working for you...go to...
Tools / Options / General tab...Check
the box...Preview Fonts in Font List.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
1/1/2006 4:21:17 AM
"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Carrie wrote:
> > I'm not sure how to put this. I was doing a tutorial for
> > something- apparently not Publisher (I have 2000) and it
> > said click on the font box, then hit the arrow key and it
> > changes the font of what I have printed, so I can see how
> > it looks.
> >
> >   I tried this with Publisher and it does change the name
> > of the font in the font name box, but not what I have
> > typed. Even when selected.
> >
> >     For example, I write Merry Christmas (or something)
> > in a text box, click on the font names box up top, hit
> > the arrow keys and the name of the font changes up top,
> > but can it also change the Merry Christmas, to show me
> > what it will look like (in the publication) with that
> > font?
> >
> >       Now I have to click on the font name each time to
> > change it in the text box. Though I'm getting to know
> > what some of the font names look like and what I prefer
> > for what.
> >
> >       ~ Carrie
> ==================================
> In Publisher when you open the font
> drop widow you can see what the
> fonts look like right there in the list.
>
> If this is not working for you...go to...
> Tools / Options / General tab...Check
> the box...Preview Fonts in Font List.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

      I see what the fonts look like on the list.  I wanted to scroll
through and have them change on what I've written to see how they look in
what I'm doing.

      I probably didn't explain it clearly.

      I remember doing a tutorial for something (maybe Flash) where you
clicked in the font menu then clicked the arror keys and as it scrolled
through the font names (which does show what they look lke) what you are
going to use them for (in the publication) would also change.

      Otherwise, I have to click on the font name each time to have it show
up (in what I'm creating)

      Not really a big deal, and I am getting familiar with the fonts. I
have way too many fonts I probably won't ever use, too (I'm a font-a-holic
(LOL)

     ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)
1/1/2006 1:51:52 PM
Carrie wrote:
>      I probably didn't explain it clearly.
=================================
Your explanation was excellent...I was
just offering a suggestion. The earlier
Picture It! programs can do that.

BTW, you can do it (sort of) with WordArt
in Pub 2000 but I don't think that would
be what you are looking for.
=================================
>      Not really a big deal, and I am getting familiar
> with the fonts. I have way too many fonts I probably
> won't ever use, too (I'm a font-a-holic (LOL)
>
>     ~ Carrie
==================================
font-a-holic huh? Maybe you and JoAnn
could start a 12 step program  :o)

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
1/1/2006 2:47:48 PM
I suppose you could highlight the text and change the font, if you don't care for the
look, do a undo.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Carrie" <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> wrote in message

> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> Carrie wrote:
>> > I'm not sure how to put this. I was doing a tutorial for
>> > something- apparently not Publisher (I have 2000) and it
>> > said click on the font box, then hit the arrow key and it
>> > changes the font of what I have printed, so I can see how
>> > it looks.
>> >
>> >   I tried this with Publisher and it does change the name
>> > of the font in the font name box, but not what I have
>> > typed. Even when selected.
>> >
>> >     For example, I write Merry Christmas (or something)
>> > in a text box, click on the font names box up top, hit
>> > the arrow keys and the name of the font changes up top,
>> > but can it also change the Merry Christmas, to show me
>> > what it will look like (in the publication) with that
>> > font?
>> >
>> >       Now I have to click on the font name each time to
>> > change it in the text box. Though I'm getting to know
>> > what some of the font names look like and what I prefer
>> > for what.
>> >
>> >       ~ Carrie
>> ==================================
>> In Publisher when you open the font
>> drop widow you can see what the
>> fonts look like right there in the list.
>>
>> If this is not working for you...go to...
>> Tools / Options / General tab...Check
>> the box...Preview Fonts in Font List.
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>>

>      I see what the fonts look like on the list.  I wanted to scroll
> through and have them change on what I've written to see how they look in
> what I'm doing.
>
>      I probably didn't explain it clearly.
>
>      I remember doing a tutorial for something (maybe Flash) where you
> clicked in the font menu then clicked the arror keys and as it scrolled
> through the font names (which does show what they look lke) what you are
> going to use them for (in the publication) would also change.
>
>      Otherwise, I have to click on the font name each time to have it show
> up (in what I'm creating)
>
>      Not really a big deal, and I am getting familiar with the fonts. I
> have way too many fonts I probably won't ever use, too (I'm a font-a-holic
> (LOL)
>
>     ~ Carrie

0
gsauer (5094)
1/1/2006 3:25:32 PM
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> I suppose you could highlight the text and change the font, if you don't
care for the
> look, do a undo.

   Yes, I can do it by clicking on the fonts, one by one. Or, ones I think
might look good.

    I can't remember what I was using, I've done tutorials recently in Flash
and Photoshop, but one of them all one did was highlight the text (to change
the font on) click on the font menu (size worked, also) and click the arrow
keys.

     If I get a chance I'll check, I'm guessing it's Photoshop.

     Just looking for shortcuts (LOL)

      Actually, I'm finding there aren't too many of the fonts that I have
that are too useful for what I'm making in Publisher.

   ~ Carrie

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Carrie" <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message

> >> ==================================
> >> In Publisher when you open the font
> >> drop widow you can see what the
> >> fonts look like right there in the list.
> >>
> >> If this is not working for you...go to...
> >> Tools / Options / General tab...Check
> >> the box...Preview Fonts in Font List.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> John Inzer
> >>

> >      I see what the fonts look like on the list.  I wanted to scroll
> > through and have them change on what I've written to see how they look
in
> > what I'm doing.
> >
> >      I probably didn't explain it clearly.
> >
> >      I remember doing a tutorial for something (maybe Flash) where you
> > clicked in the font menu then clicked the arror keys and as it scrolled
> > through the font names (which does show what they look lke) what you are
> > going to use them for (in the publication) would also change.
> >
> >      Otherwise, I have to click on the font name each time to have it
show
> > up (in what I'm creating)
> >
> >      Not really a big deal, and I am getting familiar with the fonts. I
> > have way too many fonts I probably won't ever use, too (I'm a
font-a-holic
> > (LOL)
> >
> >     ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)
1/1/2006 3:40:31 PM
But I don't want to stop collecting fonts. I'm happy this way.  :-)
(At least they aren't also laying about my office floor like everything
else.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Carrie wrote:
>>      I probably didn't explain it clearly.
> =================================
> Your explanation was excellent...I was
> just offering a suggestion. The earlier
> Picture It! programs can do that.
>
> BTW, you can do it (sort of) with WordArt in Pub 2000 but I don't think
> that would be what you are looking for.
> =================================
>>      Not really a big deal, and I am getting familiar
>> with the fonts. I have way too many fonts I probably
>> won't ever use, too (I'm a font-a-holic (LOL)
>>
>>     ~ Carrie
> ==================================
> font-a-holic huh? Maybe you and JoAnn could start a 12 step program  :o)
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
1/1/2006 5:44:58 PM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> But I don't want to stop collecting fonts. I'm happy this
> way.  :-) (At least they aren't also laying about my
> office floor like everything else.)
================================
Well okay then...stay happy  :o)

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
1/1/2006 6:22:21 PM
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> But I don't want to stop collecting fonts. I'm happy this way.  :-)
> (At least they aren't also laying about my office floor like everything
> else.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    I know what you mean. I've had people tell me they take up too much
space on my computer and I should just have the ones I use and don't keep
looking for more

     I don't think so.... I can spend hours looking over font sites, and
once put in a program to make them, but never learned it. So many others are
already doing it in so many creative ways.

     Even though I'm finding I don't use too many varied ones in the (so far
limited) creations I make in Publisher.  It's nice to know they're there if
I ever need them.

    There's a few I especially like, one is Tabitha (for handwriting).  Also
"basic font" which is only outline. Stencil can be used some. Akabar is
another. Comic Sans Ms, but a little of that goes a long way. Some fonts are
almost impossible to read. Arwen, I think that is one. Lucinda handwriting
can be usefull. I find myself looking at something printed and recognizing
some of the fonts on it (calendar from our local mini mart/gas station has
bold, black comic sans ms on the bottom for the name)

      I think I  keep some of them as pets.

      ~ Carrie

> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> > Carrie wrote:
> >>      I probably didn't explain it clearly.
> > =================================
> > Your explanation was excellent...I was
> > just offering a suggestion. The earlier
> > Picture It! programs can do that.
> >
> > BTW, you can do it (sort of) with WordArt in Pub 2000 but I don't think
> > that would be what you are looking for.
> > =================================
> >>      Not really a big deal, and I am getting familiar
> >> with the fonts. I have way too many fonts I probably
> >> won't ever use, too (I'm a font-a-holic (LOL)
> >>
> >>     ~ Carrie
> > ==================================
> > font-a-holic huh? Maybe you and JoAnn could start a 12 step program  :o)
> >
> > --
> >
> > John Inzer

0
starchild1 (144)
1/1/2006 11:15:54 PM
Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Lucinda handwriting can be usefull.

If you know how to spell it.  Take another careful look at your font list.

(I for one despise Lucida Handwriting, and have now turned against Comic
Sans MS after many years of abusing it - www.bancomicsans.com)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/1/2006 11:31:16 PM
I guess I shouldn't admit that I use Comic quite a bit at work. They only
have a few fonts available and I find it easy to read.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Lucinda handwriting can be usefull.
>
> If you know how to spell it.  Take another careful look at your font list.
>
> (I for one despise Lucida Handwriting, and have now turned against Comic
> Sans MS after many years of abusing it - www.bancomicsans.com)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
> Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > Lucinda handwriting can be usefull.
>
> If you know how to spell it.  Take another careful look at your font list.
>
> (I for one despise Lucida Handwriting, and have now turned against Comic
> Sans MS after many years of abusing it - www.bancomicsans.com)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Comic
Sans MS after many years of abusing it - www.bancomicsans.com)

  Well, I'm still fairly new, so have a few years left (LOL)

    I keep forgetting about the spelling- I started calling it "lucinda" as
a joke because it seemed like that's what it should be. And it does really
only fit in certain places, if not overdone. Same with Comic Sans. I once
knew someone who had it set as default on her computer, so I tried it, and
changed it right back. Enough is enough. I like it used small, and
underlined.  I haven't done too much yet to be using anything  too much.

    ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)
1/2/2006 3:36:49 AM
> I guess I shouldn't admit that I use Comic quite a bit at work. They only
> have a few fonts available and I find it easy to read.

  You notice as you make it larger it gets heavier? At a smaller size it's
got a more delicate look (which I like with underlining). Maybe this is more
true with html, which is what I started out doing (websites).  After around
12 (size) it has a heavier, bold look.

     If I want it delicate I make the graphic small, use it and then enlarge
it a bit.

      I once made a website for someone, to put her journal/writings on, and
she loved comic sans, and wanted the whole thing done in it. So I tried to
keep it as light as possible.

    ~ Carrie

> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> >> Lucinda handwriting can be usefull.
> >
> > If you know how to spell it.  Take another careful look at your font
list.

> > (I for one despise Lucida Handwriting, and have now turned against Comic
> > Sans MS after many years of abusing it - www.bancomicsans.com)
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
starchild1 (144)
1/2/2006 3:46:21 AM
I tend to use 12 pt for just that reason.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I guess I shouldn't admit that I use Comic quite a bit at work. They only
>> have a few fonts available and I find it easy to read.
>>

>  You notice as you make it larger it gets heavier? At a smaller size it's
> got a more delicate look (which I like with underlining). Maybe this is
> more
> true with html, which is what I started out doing (websites).  After
> around
> 12 (size) it has a heavier, bold look.
>
>     If I want it delicate I make the graphic small, use it and then
> enlarge
> it a bit.
>
>      I once made a website for someone, to put her journal/writings on,
> and
> she loved comic sans, and wanted the whole thing done in it. So I tried to
> keep it as light as possible.
>
>    ~ Carrie
>

>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> >
>> > If you know how to spell it.  Take another careful look at your font
> list.
>> >
>> > (I for one despise Lucida Handwriting, and have now turned against
>> > Comic
>> > Sans MS after many years of abusing it - www.bancomicsans.com)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
1/2/2006 5:09:41 PM
Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> I like it used small, and underlined.

I agree, on screen it's far nicer small than large.  You don't notice the
difference so much in print, though.

I eschew single underlining - if I ever have to underline, it's done doubly.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
1/2/2006 6:23:41 PM
> I tend to use 12 pt for just that reason.
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

     A kindered spirit.....

     I've made a small text box (graphic) and used small size font,(like 12)
then enlarged the whole (overall) picture if I want it bigger. This would be
in Paint Shop Pro, etc. to copy/paste or insert into something else.

     I think some of these programs are like they say our brain is- we only
use 1/10th of it. If this is true, nobody would be able to comprehend what
100%  is, so it would be impossible to figure.

    My point, I think some of the programs, I only know around 10% of what's
possible when using them. I'm continually finding out something new and
amazed. Then, of course, new versions are always coming out.

    ~ Carrie

> Carrie <starchild@NOSPAMkingcon.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> > I like it used small, and underlined.
>
> I agree, on screen it's far nicer small than large.  You don't notice the
> difference so much in print, though.
>
> I eschew single underlining - if I ever have to underline, it's done
doubly.

> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

     I think you are right in a publication or logo, but I've mainly made
webpages.  At times I've used Comic Sans MS with an underline (as a heading
on a page) and it looks good ( to me). I'm just now getting into more that's
meant to be printed. Though I've seen logos that seem to have one underline.

       I will keep the 2 lines in mind from now on.

      The idea is probably to do something a bit different, still keeping in
the basics (with logos, and headings, borders, etc)

      Right now I don't have any real training or knowledge about
logo/headings, just what I've seen myself (others have made) and trying
things out- by instinct.  I should probably find a tutorial of some kind.

       One I've noitced and think is especially good (fitting) is H & R
Block. They have 3 green (for money?) blocks on it. A design, but tying in
with the name in a subtle way.

             ~ Carrie

0
starchild1 (144)

Changing domain names
When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it would really help. Thanks in Advance Take a look at: 822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to the mail server. You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change t...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

fonts #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 2008 and now the fonts are all messed up. I've read that office makes a new file for Microsoft fonts in computer/library/fonts. Can I move all those fonts straight into the fonts folder or do I need both folders? All the fonts in the fonts folder (not MSfonts) are in my Font Book, but Word doesn't seem to find them. I don't have any in the user file, since I am the only one using the computer, it was just easier to put all into the computer/library/fonts folder. Can you help me? &quo...

Can (or how can) I do this

AUTO FILTER NOT CHANGING RESULTS
Hello, Problem #1: I have a giant workbook with 240 tabs. Each of the 238 sheets contain specific information to them. This information is put in from a master sheet via an Array formual, when I put in a new sheet all the other sheets gain their infromation from the master sheet. Each of the sheets has about 70 lines and based on how much activity there was on a certain account the lines can range from anywhere from no acctivity to all 70 lines. So what I have done on the last coloumn on each sheet is put in a custom Auto Filter, to show me only if the cell is greater than 0. My p...

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Reading the all messages in my own font
Hi, I want to read all the messages ( plain / html / rtf ) in my own font ( Arial 12 ). Is there any setting I can do for that. I saw one configuration to set the font while composing message. So in a html message, my message in Arial 12, if somebody reply (if they have arial 10), the message which I am viewing is having both the fonts. But I want both to be in a single which is of my choice. I know this is possible with mozilla mail client. Is this possible with outlook 2000 SR1? Rgds, Ramesh. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Can you....
Can you create a text box that pops up when you try to exit excel? would like a box that reminds people to fill out parts of a form whe they try to exit the workbook. Any ideas would be great -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This code goes in the ThisWorkbook section of the VB Editor. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim iResponse As Long iResponse = MsgBox("Did you enter everything? Click No to return an finish.", vbYesNo) If iResponse = 7 Then Cancel = True End Sub If the user clicks No, the application will not close. You coul modify...