Can I convert publisher 98 document into Office 2000?

Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.
0
Rose1 (38)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote
(in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>):

> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

<sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't let me"
mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so, have you
disabled the Office plugin? Publisher 2000 documents should open fine in
Publisher 2000. Hang on, you say "Office 2000" let me guess - you're
attempting to open it in Word, aren't you?

0
naggingdoubt (192)
3/6/2006 8:58:30 PM
Are you saying you have Publisher 2000 and cannot open a 98 file? Disable your
anti-virus software and try again.
If you have Publisher 98 you will not be able to open a 2000 file.
If you send the file to me I will convert it for you.
gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
gsauer (5094)
3/6/2006 10:55:09 PM
Do you have Publisher, any version?

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
Don
3/6/2006 10:57:34 PM
MS Office only offers Publisher in three of the five Office products and
stand-alone.
"Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
Chuck
3/6/2006 11:19:45 PM
Mary, I have Publisher 98 and Office 2000.  I created a document in Publisher
98 (letterhead) and want to put it into Word (which came with Office 2000)
but when I try to save as  in Publisher 98 it won't let me save as anything
but a publisher document.  I'm wondering if the Pub 98 isn't compatible with
Office 2000 or something.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you saying you have Publisher 2000 and cannot open a 98 file? Disable your
> anti-virus software and try again.
> If you have Publisher 98 you will not be able to open a 2000 file.
> If you send the file to me I will convert it for you.
> gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> > 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
Rose1 (38)
3/6/2006 11:36:28 PM
Don, I have Publisher 98 and Office 2000.  I have created letterhead in Pub
98 and want to be able to use it in Word (which is part of Office 2000).
When in Publisher I try to save as a Word doc, it won't let me save as

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Do you have Publisher, any version?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> > 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
Rose1 (38)
3/6/2006 11:38:27 PM
Chuck, I have a stand alone Publisher 98 and Office 2000.  I created the
letterhead in Publisher 98 and wanted to save it as a Word document so I
could use it in Word.  It doesn't allow me any options for file type other
than Publisher document.

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> MS Office only offers Publisher in three of the five Office products and
> stand-alone.
> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in Office
> > 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
Rose1 (38)
3/6/2006 11:39:27 PM
Rose <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Chuck, I have a stand alone Publisher 98 and Office 2000.  I created
> the letterhead in Publisher 98 and wanted to save it as a Word
> document so I could use it in Word.  It doesn't allow me any options
> for file type other than Publisher document.

In that case you needed to state which product you were using.  Office 2000
is a collection of different products, some releases include Publisher (you
neglect to mention which version you're using).  You can use Publisher files
in Office 2000 if you have Publisher installed.  But that's not what you
mean.

Basically the issue you're having is using a Publisher file in Word.
Nothing to do with the versions you're using.

Publisher cannot export Word files, as you have discovered.

Try copying and pasting into Word as an Enhanced Metafile.

In Publisher: Deselect all > Ctrl+A > Ctrl+Shift+G > Ctrl+C
In Word: View > Header and Footer (you want your letterhead behind your text
and on every page, I'm presuming) > Edit > Paste Special > Picture (Enhanced
Metafile) > OK.  Then turn Word Wrap off on your imported picture.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/6/2006 11:54:21 PM
Have you tried a copy and paste into Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Mary, I have Publisher 98 and Office 2000.  I created a document in
> Publisher
> 98 (letterhead) and want to put it into Word (which came with Office 2000)
> but when I try to save as  in Publisher 98 it won't let me save as
> anything
> but a publisher document.  I'm wondering if the Pub 98 isn't compatible
> with
> Office 2000 or something.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you saying you have Publisher 2000 and cannot open a 98 file? Disable
>> your
>> anti-virus software and try again.
>> If you have Publisher 98 you will not be able to open a 2000 file.
>> If you send the file to me I will convert it for you.
>> gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in
>> > Office
>> > 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/7/2006 12:52:41 AM
Margolotta wrote:
 > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote
 > (in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>):
 >
 >> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in
 >> Office 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.
 >
 > <sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't
let > me" mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so,
have > you disabled the Office plugin? Publisher 2000 documents should open
 > fine in Publisher 2000. Hang on, you say "Office 2000" let me guess -
  > you're attempting to open it in Word, aren't you?

You get on your soapbox and start preaching in many groups.  The filth
and obscenities that come out of you, esp. in 24hoursupport are beyond
disgusting.  What's your problem, Torret's syndrome?

http://tinyurl.com/q8qrh

Is your moral fiber really that superior to everyone elses?  Sleeping
with married men - Homewrecker!

http://tinyurl.com/n4akf
0
nubian
3/7/2006 8:31:52 PM
 >>  Sleeping
 > with married men <<

Is this a sexist post? I sleep with a married woman - is that okay?

Mike

BTW - I've been doing this since 1981!

nubian wrote:

> Margolotta wrote:
>  > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote
>  > (in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>):
>  >
>  >> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in
>  >> Office 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.
>  >
>  > <sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't
> let > me" mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so,
> have > you disabled the Office plugin? Publisher 2000 documents should open
>  > fine in Publisher 2000. Hang on, you say "Office 2000" let me guess -
>  > you're attempting to open it in Word, aren't you?
>  >

> You get on your soapbox and start preaching in many groups.  The filth
> and obscenities that come out of you, esp. in 24hoursupport are beyond
> disgusting.  What's your problem, Torret's syndrome?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/q8qrh
>
> Is your moral fiber really that superior to everyone elses?  Sleeping
> with married men - Homewrecker!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/n4akf
0
wordwiz (948)
3/8/2006 12:46:59 AM
You should know - you're the one sleeping with her. You tramp.

--

JoAnn Paules   ;-)
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> >>  Sleeping
> > with married men <<
>
> Is this a sexist post? I sleep with a married woman - is that okay?
>
> Mike
>
> BTW - I've been doing this since 1981!
>
> nubian wrote:
>
>> Margolotta wrote:
>>  > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote
>>  > (in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>):
>>  >
>>  >> Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it.  Want to be able to use it in
>>  >> Office 2000.  It won't let me.  How do I do this, or why can't I.
>>  >
>>  > <sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't let
>>  > me" mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so, have >
>> you disabled the Office plugin? Publisher 2000 documents should open
>>  > fine in Publisher 2000. Hang on, you say "Office 2000" let me guess -
>>  > you're attempting to open it in Word, aren't you?
>>  >

>> You get on your soapbox and start preaching in many groups.  The filth
>> and obscenities that come out of you, esp. in 24hoursupport are beyond
>> disgusting.  What's your problem, Torret's syndrome?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/q8qrh
>>
>> Is your moral fiber really that superior to everyone elses?  Sleeping
>> with married men - Homewrecker!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/n4akf

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can Not Reply To Emails

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Publisher #47
I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to help me design my own business cards? Sure, you can purchase and install Publisher separately. You also can use Word to design your cards. http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Festina" <Festina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CC65344-48FC-49B5-AC88-CC860A0BF6C8@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to > help me ...

Office 2010 under Windows 7
Hi all, I just installed Office 2010 as an update to Office 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit professional edition. Office 2010 works quite fine, however there is something wrong with file associations. Whenever I open an office document I end up getting a dialog that tells me it will prepare installation of Office 2007 instead of opening the document in 2010. So far I tried to reset the file associations in the explorer to the newly installed Office version. Unfortunately that does not change anything. Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks, Thomas There are Office...

"Publisher cannot open the file"
Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the computer, copied the file to another folder but still it won't open. Any suggestions please. Chrisssss...... Chrisssssss......... wrote: || Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open || just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line || pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the || computer, copied the file to another folder ...

Scheduling a macro in outlook 2000
I am trying to schedule a macro to run everyday at a given time, which creates a new email, attaches an excel file and sends it via the internet to another PC, so that there is no input required from a user, i.e. it happens automatically. I can create the email, attach the file and send it, but I cannot schedule it within Outlook. Also when I run the code from Excel, where I can schedule it, only a shortcut is attached to the email. I am using Outlook 2000 (no service release). Has anyone done this before? Can you help? Regards Brian See if the information on the following page ...

Can not archive

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Convert Excel
How do I convert a database in Excel into Access? Thanks Hi Sue, It depends what you mean by "database". Usually it's fairly simple to move the data from Excel worksheets to Access tables, but anything else - searching, sorting, reporting, validation... - has to be re-created using Access's tools. In general, start by creating a new Access database, then import the data from the Excel workbook. Often, an Excel "database" benefits from being split into two or more related tables in Access; see "About designing a database" in Help - and there's a Ta...