If my son uses Publisher 2003 on a school computer, downloads his work to a
flash drive, brings it home to edit on Publisher 2007, will he then be able
to take the edited work back to the school computer to be used, or will it
not be compatible?

Stateparent wrote:
> If my son uses Publisher 2003 on a school computer, downloads his work to a
> flash drive, brings it home to edit on Publisher 2007, will he then be able
> to take the edited work back to the school computer to be used, or will it
> not be compatible?

Publisher 2003 and 2007 share a common file format, so the scenario you
describe will cause no problems.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Stateparent" <Stateparent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If my son uses Publisher 2003 on a school computer, downloads his work to
> flash drive, brings it home to edit on Publisher 2007, will he then be
> able
> to take the edited work back to the school computer to be used, or will it
> not be compatible?

0
jl_paules (2767)
12/14/2007 1:57:24 PM
Thank you both.

Stateparent wrote:
> Thank you both.

This is probably a good opportunity to mention that editing the files
directly on the USB flash drive is highly inadvisable. Copy to the local
hard drive, open the file, edit, save, then copy it back to the flash
drive. This helps prevent file corruption, and also gives an extra
backup copy if corruption does occur.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

can multiple users work on same workbook at the same time?
We like to be able to work on different parts of the same workbook online. How can this be done? now if one of us is working on it, others get a message saying that this file is open by so and so and can only be used as a Read-Only. Is it possible to have multiple people made changes to the same workbook at the same time? thanks A. Thrompian, check out the Share Workbook command on the Tools Menu. It's just what you're looking for. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "A. Thrompian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Historical Stock Status needs to include different MC exchanges
Historical Stock Status doesn’t include different MC exchanges with different dates. Version: 8.0 SP2 or SP1 Steps: 1. Entered a PO with a Euro Amount for 2/11/05 with an exchange rate of 2.0 I ordered a qty of 1 with an originating amount of $200 and a functional amount of $100 (You can use Z-UK) 2. Save the PO 3. Receive the PO on 2/15/05 at a rate of 2.5 with a functional amount of $80.00 4. Posted the receiving entry 5. Run a stock status report and the inventory item had Current Cost at 80.00 6. Run the Purchase receipt report and the inventory item had inventory at 80.00 7...

"Windows Mail can compact the message store"
From past threads, I understand it is advisable to click "ok" when this message pops up. My follow-up question is this: What happens to my emails when the message store is compacted? Will my emails be lost permanently? Thanks. It should not affect your emails at all. Nevertheless, it is always wise to have a backup of your important = emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C3B694D-60C8-40AA-B554-6ADE39A426...

Can't install Handheld Sync (for Palm
I've just gone through and done a fresh install for Office X and Palm Desktop, to finally try and install the Handheld Sync program. I get through the registration and destination disk only for it to fail during installation with the error message "The installation failed because Microsoft Component Plugin was not found". I've done a search for the plugin and it's sitting in the "OfficeX/office" folder - I'm presuming where it's meant to be. Any ideas why this should be a problem? Currently I'm running on MacOS 10.2.3; tried reinstalling multiple tim...

Can I display an Excel chart as my screensaver display?
Instead of pictures I would like a set of Excel charts to rotate as my screensaver in windows. Is this possible? Burke ...

where can i register for testing MS Dynamics CRM certification ?
Hi alls, I have implemented MS CRM 3.0 for awhile. And now i want to take exam for get certifications. I tried to walk through on Microsoft website, but i can't find for CRM certification at all. anyone can suggest where it is in microsoft website? Thanks in advance. Amnouy Hi Amnouy, You can access MS Dynamics CRM certification information through PartnerSource. If you want to register for the exam, visit www.prometric.com or www.vue.com. Good luck! Regards, Niths "Amnouy" wrote: > Hi alls, > > I have implemented MS CRM 3.0 for awhile. And now i want to t...

Opened office 2003 files can not be saved on windows 2000 server

Graphics driver problems with Publisher 2003
There seems to be some kind of issue with graphics not displaying in Publisher 2003 with certain video cards/drivers. Is there information available in the MS Knowledge Base to resolve this? I can only get it to work with a default vga driver. I have tried all the suggestions I have come across in these forums ie. Download and install the latest video driver Clear the cache View, Pictures, Detailed display I do not want to use a default driver which gives me 'ripply' scrolling. Have you tried other versions of the drivers (not necessarily the latest) for your specific card? -- ...

Dexterity
Dear All, I am working on Microsoft Dexterity 9.0 and using a COM (.Net assembly) to perform the database manipulation activities. I have one field(textbox) on a window of dexterity that will be used to store characters of different languages like "Arabic". In COM (.Net assembly) I have declared a string variable to store data inputted in different languages. Requirement is that using Dexterity if characters of arabic language entered into the text box and on press event of the button those Arabic characters should be transfered to .Net assembly and that assembly will store that ch...

Outlook 2003 can't open attachment
I have outlook 2003 that can't open any attachments - the program simpl hangs. I can save the document on my hard drive and open word to the navigate to the saved attachment -- ssarda Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

How many "simultaneous users" can Access support?
1 - How many "simultaneous users" can Access support? 2 - Is the problem the backend computer resources or the Access code? 3 - Is there any tips for minimizing the potential issues? 4 - Other comments and tips welcome. (We run Access on a peer-to-peer network. Back End on a machine we call the Network Drive... but it is just running XP... now Windows Server.) Thanks for any help. Mel Mel wrote: > 1 - How many "simultaneous users" can Access support? The technical specification is 255. The ACTUAL limit is the number of users before problems occur and that will...

how can i find out what all the terms in the regression analysis .
Help is a good place to start. There is Help for the Analysis ToolPak regression tool, and for the LINEST() function, both of which define what is being returned. If you want more understanding about the value of these books, try an introductory statistics book, or ask a more specific question. Jerry may wrote: <nothing> ...

can't send email to comcast.net
I have been working an issue on a new SBS install and it's baffling me. Our new domain is unable to send email to comast.net. The NDR returned states: Subject: test Sent: 5/27/2006 8:24 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: lembke.j@comcast.net on 5/27/2006 8:24 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <LEMCO01.lemcocs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550-70.253.159.102 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net> This is the newest ndr...for awhile i was getting some verbiage in there...

Using filtered form data as record source for report
I have a split form in an Access 2007 database where the data grid shows the records from a query. The user can filter any combination of fields from the the drop down headers. I have a command button above the data grid that opens a report with the same query as its record source. I'm trying to figure out how to pass the filtered data to the report so it will show only those records that the user is seeing in the data grid of the split form. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Ken You may be able to pass the Filter of your form as the WhereCondition ...

can you spot alias in this group?
Men dressed in sheepskin costumes have a rest during a carnival celebration as they march to the village of Ituren in northern Spain, Monday. The tradition is to march through the village every year in a ritual to purify the harvest land from evil spirits and to welcome the coming Spring. Why they walk in relative safety on the serene streets of downtown Ituren is a question that has puzzled sociologists and anthropologists for decades. When asked, the men of Iturene state, "cuz that's where the booze is". For the curious, here's what the bravaduras looked l...

How can I convert a standard number in Excel into feet and inches.
I work for a construction company, and I need to convert a number into feet and inches. I can setup two rows to accomplish this, but the format looks bad and I was wondering if in the number format box if I could include formulas. Hi maybe the following helps: http://cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm "LordJovian" wrote: > I work for a construction company, and I need to convert a number into feet > and inches. I can setup two rows to accomplish this, but the format looks bad > and I was wondering if in the number format box if I could include formulas. ...

Can't send attachments (Outlook 2002)
Outlook 2002; Win XP. I can no longer send emails with attachments: here's what happened:- This evening I "accidentally" started an archive off and then cancelled it. (Accidental as I meant to export items, not archive them). Everything seemd fine until I tried to send an email with an attachemnt, and the send process fails, "timed out." Emails without attachments are sent and received fine. Just before trying to send the attached doc I did have a message saying Outlook was looking for an archive, but I clicked the Cancel button to this. The only other thing I did...

Copy and Paste in Publisher
Pub2002/Win XP Home SP2 Is there a way to copy from one publisher document to another? I've tried everything. I've grouped an object with a textbox, copied, but it won't paste. I've tried to copy and paste them individually. Why does this not work? Thank you. Copy and paste will work. What doesn't copy? The text box or the object? Does anything paste in the second document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sonicj" <sonicj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58596539-C132-441E-9EC0-399190A79865@microsoft.com... > Pub...

Can't send messages, but receive.
Hello, I am having trouble with Outlook. I receive e-mail without any problems, but I cannot send. A message comes up saying "Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)." I am using Office 2007, can anyone help me? Thank you. Sol "Sol" <Sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD76CF48-F5AF-438D-9582-7A39322BC4D2@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I am having trouble with Outlook. I ...

publisher email as message
When i create a print publication in publisher, the ability to send it as an email "message" is not available. The ability to send it as an attachment is. I am using Publisher 2003 with outlook 2003. On another computer it works fine. I can send any publisher document as a message or attachement. 1. What am i doing wrong. 2. Does Outlook 2003 have to be active for this to work. Hi Mitz, 1. Make sure that Outlook 2003 is your default mail application. Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Settings > Programs Tab and make sure Outlook is selected. 2. If the above d...

Auto numbering of Publisher booklets
Greetings! I have a 4-page Publisher booklet with the merge file field appearing on the back cover. When I do a Print Preview of the booklet, the numbers (1-275) show up fine. When I print, the output comes out 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, etc. They appeared fine in the preview...any idea why they reset when coming out of the printer? Thanks Do you have a duplex unit? What are you using as a data base? I tried to duplicate your problem, printing to a PDF and then a few booklets on two different printers, I don't get this issue. What version Publisher are you using? --...

Product key for different language
Just ordered a second copy of Office 2004 for Mac and with the shipment confirmation of the shop I have noticed that I have ordered the wrong language version and not the English one. As I already have a copy of the English Office 2004 I was wondering if it is possible to use the product key from the new non-english version for an installation from the english cd. In other words: can I use (technically and legally) the license which I have bought now to install a second copy of the english version or do I have to return the non-english version to swap it for the english one? I would ra...

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

2007: Can't set axis max by date
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for "max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog. In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to translate to serial number for that date]. Is this ...

Using an A03 mdb in A07
I have an Access 2003 database that I need to be able to run on a machine that's running 2007. Theoretically, it should work in both versions of Access. However, an associate of mine has reported that he had problems running his A03 mdb in A07. Apprently, whenever he opened a form using the acDialog property, the form opened as a single horizontal line (a "slither," as he called it). He then resized the from in A07 and saved it in A07, and then it opened fine with the acDialog property. Has anyone else come across this behavior of A07? Are there any other issues when usi...